hulika

Author Topic: Any Church Keyboardists Here?  (Read 36723 times)

Offline shinigami

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Re: Any Chuch Keyboardists Here?
« Reply #50 on: November 29, 2007, 10:04:04 PM »
Not keyboardist, but an organist. I play a Technics organ in our church of Sta. Martha Parish in Kalawaan, Pasig City. Any organist here?

Offline bhenard

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #51 on: November 30, 2007, 12:08:52 PM »
Not keyboardist, but an organist. I play a Technics organ in our church of Sta. Martha Parish in Kalawaan, Pasig City. Any organist here?
me too...keyboardist and organist,im using Yamaha Electone EL-900 and EL-500

Haha, thanks po. I just wish I had half the skill and knowledge ng mga tao dito sa Philmusic.
down to earth ka naman po....nice!
Roland,...Korg,...or Yamaha?
Need Digital Pianos/Organs/Keyboards?..0949-8708-620
Yamaha S90es,Kawai KS1 acoustic piano. Yamaha Baby grand.Roland FA06 Synth. Yamaha CVP-307 digital piano.Yamaha KA20 kbord amp.Roland HD-1 v-drums lite

Offline wannabeguitarist

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #52 on: January 07, 2008, 03:45:43 AM »
Hi Bros/Sis in Christ!

God has given me a bigger responsibility at church as the band leader. Our church is located along Mc Arthur Hi-way Potrero Malabon. Maliit lang around 100-150 attendees. The church has been around for 20 yrs but sadly I can say that the band and choir are not yet that skillfully equipped but have very big potentials. One reason is that none of us has undergone proper trainings/lessons. We are able to copy some of the hillsong and other Christian bands' songs but not exactly know anything about theories/scales and I can say even the basics. With my new role, I'm planning to explore and be exposed, I believe that we need to get out of our comfort zones and make extra efforts to enhance our skills for God's glory. One of the activities that I have proposed and was approved is to have a series of lectures regarding the basics and need to learn topics of each instrument and vocals. With God's help I know that this will be a great help for each of us to learn theoretically and apply it in church.

My co-Christians, I'm seeking for your help to make this plan a success. We need a Christian keyboardist/organist who can conduct a short seminar with workshop. Kahit 45 to 1 hr lecture and 1 hr workshop. You can just focus on topics that you think we need to learn ASAP, specially the scales, effects,etc. Also if you can advise us on what other topics we need to focused on.

We have the following stuffs that we can use for this activity
-Laptop and projector - for the lecture (highly advised power point presentation for the lecture)
- Electric guitar
- Electric Bass guitar
- Guitar Amp
- Bass Amp (local lang)
- Drum set (local lang)
- mic and mic amp (local lang)

Unfortunately, the church only has a small budget for these activities. I hope someone will be touched by the Lord to make time and teach us for FREE (Transportation, food and love gift only). I believe that God will reward you for your act of kindness.

Thank you and God Bless!!! Our church needs you!

Anyone who is touched by God to serve Him through this activity, please text me at 09174697410.

Lester Abaya
Jesus Lives Christian Ministry
Band Leader/Guitarist

Psalm 33:3 - sing a new song to Him, play SKILLFULLY and shout for joy!

Offline mayk_bam

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #53 on: January 07, 2008, 10:30:57 AM »
hey Lester, I've seen this post twice already and I believe ur really serious in getting help.  I would like to share with ur group some of the music theory and applications that i know but I'm not really sure if I'm qualified enough to teach music...hehe...;-)
And my schedule is also unbeliveable, I can only conduct this kind of thing on Sundays but I also have lots of things to do in our church during sundays, so I just hope that you'll find more brothers here that are able to help.  God Bless!!

Hi Bros/Sis in Christ!

God has given me a bigger responsibility at church as the band leader. Our church is located along Mc Arthur Hi-way Potrero Malabon. Maliit lang around 100-150 attendees. The church has been around for 20 yrs but sadly I can say that the band and choir are not yet that skillfully equipped but have very big potentials. One reason is that none of us has undergone proper trainings/lessons. We are able to copy some of the hillsong and other Christian bands' songs but not exactly know anything about theories/scales and I can say even the basics. With my new role, I'm planning to explore and be exposed, I believe that we need to get out of our comfort zones and make extra efforts to enhance our skills for God's glory. One of the activities that I have proposed and was approved is to have a series of lectures regarding the basics and need to learn topics of each instrument and vocals. With God's help I know that this will be a great help for each of us to learn theoretically and apply it in church.

My co-Christians, I'm seeking for your help to make this plan a success. We need a Christian keyboardist/organist who can conduct a short seminar with workshop. Kahit 45 to 1 hr lecture and 1 hr workshop. You can just focus on topics that you think we need to learn ASAP, specially the scales, effects,etc. Also if you can advise us on what other topics we need to focused on.

We have the following stuffs that we can use for this activity
-Laptop and projector - for the lecture (highly advised power point presentation for the lecture)
- Electric guitar
- Electric Bass guitar
- Guitar Amp
- Bass Amp (local lang)
- Drum set (local lang)
- mic and mic amp (local lang)

Unfortunately, the church only has a small budget for these activities. I hope someone will be touched by the Lord to make time and teach us for FREE (Transportation, food and love gift only). I believe that God will reward you for your act of kindness.

Thank you and God Bless!!! Our church needs you!

Anyone who is touched by God to serve Him through this activity, please text me at 09174697410.

Lester Abaya
Jesus Lives Christian Ministry
Band Leader/Guitarist

Psalm 33:3 - sing a new song to Him, play SKILLFULLY and shout for joy!
Ibanez RG530 DX, Korg X50

Offline wannabeguitarist

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #54 on: January 07, 2008, 10:42:07 AM »
hey Lester, I've seen this post twice already and I believe ur really serious in getting help.  I would like to share with ur group some of the music theory and applications that i know but I'm not really sure if I'm qualified enough to teach music...hehe...wink
And my schedule is also unbeliveable, I can only conduct this kind of thing on Sundays but I also have lots of things to do in our church during sundays, so I just hope that you'll find more brothers here that are able to help.  God Bless!!

hey bro. mayk_bam... just in case you'll have a spare time, we'll gladly adjust the sched to your most convenient time. Thanks for the reply and God bless! BTW I'm sure you are qualified...sad to say, our keyboardist has very little knowledge in these things and we need all the help we can get...

Offline voidmain

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #55 on: January 09, 2008, 07:49:13 AM »
@wannabeguitarist
Great bro. Naway mas lalo pa kayong gumaling for the Lord. I'll chip in if I can on anything you might need. :-D
I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
Galatians 2:20

Offline wannabeguitarist

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #56 on: January 09, 2008, 09:16:25 AM »
@wannabeguitarist
Great bro. Naway mas lalo pa kayong gumaling for the Lord. I'll chip in if I can on anything you might need. grin

thanks bro! God is truly good...

Offline mayk_bam

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #57 on: January 09, 2008, 10:52:15 PM »
hey bro. mayk_bam... just in case you'll have a spare time, we'll gladly adjust the sched to your most convenient time. Thanks for the reply and God bless! BTW I'm sure you are qualified...sad to say, our keyboardist has very little knowledge in these things and we need all the help we can get...

ok, i'll just update this thread once I have a break on my schedule, in the meantime, just continue doing ur thing for the Lord (the skill/talent doesn't matter, as long as your heart is right with God) ;-)
Ibanez RG530 DX, Korg X50

Offline Leo-it

« Reply #58 on: January 13, 2008, 10:42:57 AM »
Actually guitarist ako pero hilig ko rin ang keyboard,minsan ako ang relyebo sa amin pag may sakit keyboardist namin,marami naman ang guitarista sa church namin...kaya lang sad to say na portable kawai lang ang keyboard namin,sira pa isang tiklado.
Walang katapusan ang Musika!!!!!
Kaya wala ring katapusan ang sifra

Offline boypalo

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #59 on: January 13, 2008, 11:45:28 AM »
andaming sirang key sa keyboard ng church namin d naman ako marunong magpalit. marunong ba kayo?
Kill the trolls

Offline diver

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #60 on: January 20, 2008, 03:13:01 PM »
andaming sirang key sa keyboard ng church namin d naman ako marunong magpalit. marunong ba kayo?

try mo buksan malalaman mo kung kaya mo palitan...
ganyan din ako ng first time ma-encounter ng ganyang problema 15yrs ago..
.he he.. :-D
"All things work together for good"

Offline bhenard

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #61 on: January 20, 2008, 11:56:42 PM »
Normal case lang yan unless na half of the whole keyz ay walang tunog or same note in every octave..
Usually its a dust lang po.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 05:42:05 AM by bhenard »
Yamaha S90es,Kawai KS1 acoustic piano. Yamaha Baby grand.Roland FA06 Synth. Yamaha CVP-307 digital piano.Yamaha KA20 kbord amp.Roland HD-1 v-drums lite

Offline redjaztin

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #62 on: January 31, 2008, 03:49:00 PM »
tanong ko lang po...ano po bang magandang budget amp sa keyboard? mga worth 6-8k lang po sana. sa tingin nyo po mas ok na direct nalang sa PA kaysa amp? kasi gamit ngayon ng keyboardist namin e pang gitara (Peavey 65W) medyo matinis at maingay. hirap timplahin.

suggestion naman po dyan. thanks and God Bless!!! :D

Offline bhenard

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #63 on: January 31, 2008, 09:18:04 PM »
tanong ko lang po...ano po bang magandang budget amp sa keyboard? mga worth 6-8k lang po sana. sa tingin nyo po mas ok na direct nalang sa PA kaysa amp? kasi gamit ngayon ng keyboardist namin e pang gitara (Peavey 65W) medyo matinis at maingay. hirap timplahin.

try to canvass first sir,....nowadays most branded keyboard amps are China/Malaysia made unless directly got it to Japan.

Offline redjaztin

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #64 on: February 01, 2008, 11:07:25 AM »
thanks sir...recommended po bang may sariling amp ang keyboard? or pwede na sa direct sa mixer? :D

Offline in_the_tent

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #65 on: February 01, 2008, 11:34:21 AM »

kapatid, in my experience di po talaga maganda magsaksak ng keyboard sa guitar amp. pero kung talagang no choice, me send return ba yung peavey? sa return mo ipasok para mabypass yung (i think) preamp. natry ko ito sa laney guitar amp. better sounding naman sya kesa kapag nasa input. pero kung ako sa inyo.. sa PA na lang. mas maganda syempre. me monitors naman kayo diba?

kung sa ganung budget, for monitoring the keyboard.. buy na lang kayo ng china made powered mixer sa raon tsaka isang speaker. pero di ba kaya ng PA nyo nalang?
"The Lord is my Song.."

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #66 on: February 01, 2008, 01:13:27 PM »
I wouldn't connect a keyboard to a guitar amp. For one thing, the amp expects guitar level signals and keyboards are usually at line level so it's very easy to overdrive and distort the amp, even at very low volume levels from the keyboard. You practically have no control over volume.

Secondly, guitar amps aren't voiced for full range signals that emanate from a keyboard. Bass suffers and usually highs are missing since guitar amps do not have tweeters, only a single full range driver.

Sometimes the best way to connect a keyboard is directly to a mixer and just make sure you have adequate means of monitoring from your playing position. I have an old Roland MA-20 micro monitor that I use for personal monitoring. I mount it on a mic stand and I position the monitor at ear level. Except for relatively low bass, this works well for low to relatively mid volume stage levels. If you have something similar, you can do the same.
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

Offline in_the_tent

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #67 on: February 01, 2008, 01:34:01 PM »
I wouldn't connect a keyboard to a guitar amp. For one thing, the amp expects guitar level signals and keyboards are usually at line level so it's very easy to overdrive and distort the amp, even at very low volume levels from the keyboard. You practically have no control over volume.

Secondly, guitar amps aren't voiced for full range signals that emanate from a keyboard. Bass suffers and usually highs are missing since guitar amps do not have tweeters, only a single full range driver.

Sometimes the best way to connect a keyboard is directly to a mixer and just make sure you have adequate means of monitoring from your playing position. I have an old Roland MA-20 micro monitor that I use for personal monitoring. I mount it on a mic stand and I position the monitor at ear level. Except for relatively low bass, this works well for low to relatively mid volume stage levels. If you have something similar, you can do the same.
yun na yun ser red.:)
"The Lord is my Song.."

Offline redjaztin

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #68 on: February 02, 2008, 11:51:53 AM »
@in_the_tent and KitC

wow.....nabusog ako sa info a....salamat po talaga...Now i know what to do...BIGBIGTHANKS mga Bro!  :D

Offline garenas

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #69 on: February 02, 2008, 11:54:26 AM »
which is better? a yamaha psr 3000 or a korg triton le 76?

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #70 on: February 02, 2008, 01:09:52 PM »

Normally, I would say Triton, but it depends on what you work better with and which sounds you prefer. The beauty of PSRs is that they have speakers so you can use them even without a PA system or monitor. It has XG, sounds from the Motif and Tyros line so you're quite set up sonically. Of course, it does lack sound editing features and it's sequencer is not exactly as in depth as the Triton's.
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

Offline bhenard

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #71 on: February 02, 2008, 10:32:17 PM »
it does lack sound editing features and it's sequencer is not exactly as in depth as the Triton's.
headache less keyboard :-D
OMB?....i prefer PSR 3000 up and the like

synth?...le 61/76

nasabi na lahat ni sir Kit eh :-)

« Last Edit: February 17, 2008, 12:11:40 AM by bhenard »

Offline my_legacy

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #72 on: February 10, 2008, 12:31:57 PM »
thanks sir...recommended po bang may sariling amp ang keyboard? or pwede na sa direct sa mixer? :D

I'm also a kboardist in our church before but i switch now as soundman,i would suggest since you have the budget to buy at least a 2nd hand kboard amp with eq and output to mix so that matimpla mong mabuti ayon sa gusto mong tunog.

If the budget is not available at this time,i recommend you to buy at least a direct box for ur kboard.kc kung isasaksak mo ang kboard mo direct sa mixer maaring makasira ito ng speaker nyo lalo na ang high o tweeter kc dpat ma amplify o masala muna ang tunog na papasok sa mixer using kboard amp or direct box bago lumabas sa FOH o house speaker/monitor.

Pag nagsabay sabay kc ang tugtugan at sa mixer ka naka diretso without any amp o direct box kasabay ng vocal,sometimes d mo n halos marinig ang tunog ng kboard mo dhil ito sa mas mataas ang HZ na nanggagaling sa vocal,natural magtataas ka ng volume mo s kboard pra marinig mo.(Mahirap tumugtog ng d naririnig ang tugtog d ba?)kaya makakasira ng speaker kc mapapansin mo pag humina ang boses tapos mataas ang volume ng kboard mo bigla papasok yung naipit na tunog.Yun na.

Hope to help my suggestion with your problem.

God bless mga kapatid.
For all your sound System needs!!! visit... http://groundzeropro.multiply.com/

Offline theam003

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #73 on: February 11, 2008, 08:18:28 PM »
i am..

PLEASE HELP: Where can i fix/repair my KORG x5?

text me m 0922 537 8861
LF: KORG Kross
Bless God! All Glory to the KING! ANG DIYOS KO AY BUHAY!!!!

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #74 on: February 11, 2008, 08:40:58 PM »
i am..

PLEASE HELP: Where can i fix/repair my KORG x5?

text me m 0922 537 8861

No need to flood the forum with the same post. Have patience... wait for someone to reply.