The Musician Forums > Guitar Central

-Details and taking care of your high end acoustic-

(1/9) > >>

Robotgoogle:
1. How do you take care of your acoustic?
2. Pickup installed?
3. Preamp used?

Phil:
....put it in a case and tuck it away in  your closet for a long time....although cheap lang and electric acoustic ko. :lol:

Kulas:
ako i make it a point to take it out and jam with it, kung possible daily, hehe. to help open up the woods, hindi hi-end yung acoustics ko, pero solid top sila. and after that, wipe up the strings and always store it in its case. i have an l.r. baggs ribbon transducer installed, bone nut and saddle. i use an l.r. baggs para acoustic d.i. preamp/direct box for the pickup. sounds great, almost like a martin, hehe. i use nga pala a jasmine (by takamine) s80s discontinued model, solid spruce top, jacaranda back/sides (part of the brazilian rosewood family) mahogany neck, gold tuners.

agentx44:
I own a mid-80s Yamaha I bought second hand. I make it a point to not let the strings rust out so I buy a fresh set (whatever brand basta wound yung G string) tapos I wipe the fretboard with some lemon oil to revive it a bit before i restring the neck. punas punas din bago itabi. for a 20+ year old acoustic it still sounds amazing, though its age is starting to show, pero at least we're aging gracefully together. hehehe.

word of advice. if you bring your guitar to a drinking session with your buddies, make sure you use a strap. and NEVER take a Taylor to a drinking session. period.  :lol:

greasykid:

--- Quote from: agentx44 ---
word of advice. if you bring your guitar to a drinking session with your buddies, make sure you use a strap. and NEVER take a Taylor to a drinking session. period.  :lol:
--- End quote ---

Amen! That's what Lumanogs are for!  Hehehehe.  

Sayang hindi na kasing ganda ng Lumanog nung '80s yung mga Lumanog ngayon. :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version