hulika

Author Topic: Panget ba talaga tumunog ang RJ Guitar?  (Read 63797 times)

Offline igutz

Re: Panget ba talaga tumunog ang RJ Guitar?
« Reply #250 on: November 28, 2014, 03:13:23 PM »
in 2006 or 2005 i also got a nice thinline tele with an ash body and finished in translucent pink. I got to try about 3 guitars. I bought the best sounding one
and i got it for i think 5k or less( as usual sale nanaman).

Yung neck, sobra fret buzz din! Good thing the person i bought a Dimarzio Bridge pickup from knew a lot about guitars( si micsis ito by the way).
So he offered to do a fret level, and eventually a refin.  I eventually sold this at a very slight profit at 10k.

for 5k, kahit pangit frets, parang okay naman diba? here's an old pic at mike's house

I haven't dropped by RJ stores lately pero i haven't seen guitars that had nice wood grains at a low price point these days.
IMHO dapat ayusin talaga nila positioning nila. Parang nakaka turn off yung Super Vintage na yan eh.

Mag focus na lang kaya sila at helping create an affordable DIY scene? Same parts pa din kung ayaw nila mag iba nang supplier.
Mag benta na lang sila ng Bodies, necks, guitar parts,etc, tapos train their people to help out customers in building a very nice (kahit entry level) guitar
that can beat other brands at a low price point?

Magpakatotoo lang diba? Wag na nilang subukan labanan mga mid to hi end guitars. Focus sila sa kaya nila.

sarap ng grains ng tele mo papa redge!

Offline Taoistguitarist

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #251 on: November 28, 2014, 03:24:53 PM »
sarap ng grains ng tele mo papa redge!
kung nakita mo yan sa RJ sale tapos may fret buzz pero 5K? bibilhin mo ba? ako napabili agad eh hehehe

Offline igutz

« Reply #252 on: November 28, 2014, 03:35:03 PM »
bili lang nang bili basta may extra funds.

Offline KennyKen

« Reply #253 on: November 28, 2014, 07:11:24 PM »
kung nakita mo yan sa RJ sale tapos may fret buzz pero 5K? bibilhin mo ba? ako napabili agad eh hehehe

No Way...kahit Php3k pa yan  :lol:

I'd rather Haggle battle-scarred Ibanez guitars @ OLX

Offline Taoistguitarist

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #254 on: November 28, 2014, 07:16:50 PM »

opinon ko lang naman hehehe

And for what it's worth, i'm not into ibanez guitars at all

Offline siore

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #255 on: November 28, 2014, 07:49:00 PM »

Course, if Ibanez floats you boat, go for it. ^-^

Had some cheap m-audio jamplug before, and cheap behringer stuff. And i could say I can't go back to those anymore. Not that my line6 gx is any much more expensive, but it gets the job done much better. For me, and IMO only. It might be I don't possess the correct aptitude to master the learning curve of a cheaper interface and getting it to perform the way I want it to.

But on topic, it's like having toured around the world, tasted different cuisine, and claiming you don't want roadside bulalo anymore. My RJ is a familiar taste, i know very well the quirks of how it can sound good to me. Guitars are more like taste that way, because it's old technology and doesn't compete with a/d/a coverters or processors as much as say cars, modelling amps, pedals, and other tech stuff that keeps improving exponentially.

I have other 'better' guitars right now, but really, it's not all that different. Some nicer fit and finish stuff here and there and bragging rights, but at a minimum if a guitar sounds good for you,it's all that's right to be inspired to play. If RJ can keep improving the affordable range, then playing inspired is within the reach of entry level players and hobbyists.

Got the same negative sentiments with the RJSV, being in that price range. What is it really trying to be? But I just shrug, because a few might actually have some utility for it. Good for them RJ has a few.

How's that for a spade?
soundclick.com/siore
youtube.com/user/siore

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #257 on: November 30, 2014, 09:09:27 AM »
Lets put it this way, probably there is an RJ that sounds better than Ibanez.  But if you compare a great sounding RJ versus a great sounding Ibanez Japan; I think the RJ will be much much inferior on every aspect other than price. 

Don't believe Mr. RJ because either: 1) He is trying to make a sale to you or 2) He is deaf and cannot hear a difference.  I can challenge the guy and ask him to put ANY RJ guitar instock and even his own personal U.S. made instruments and I will show him how LARGELY inferior his guitars are to mine.

Finally, you get what you pay for.  Some people would like to justify guitar gear as value for money but with regards to electric guitars -- its either the guitar has it or it does NOT.  There is no ratio or quotient needed for computation.  With regards to guitar amps -- its either the amps sound good to the ears and projects an enveloping sound with a soft and rich feel or it does NOT.  It short, the amp has to make your audience stay until your next song and not wishing for you to get down from the stage.

« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 09:11:41 AM by firemodel55 »

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #258 on: November 30, 2014, 09:23:10 AM »
once in a while we get this urge to.buy domething out of boredome perhaps..kahit di naman kailangan..masarap lanv feeling...lalo pag laking price drop... Ngayon for me its those damn straplocks..expensive buggers..but they add extra cool to your gear...but i don really actually need them as those beer bottle washers im currently using works perfectly..so.. I guess buying or actually spending money on an rj guitar is a novelty..katuwaan..who knows you migh end up with a gem...tapos sarap pa nz hobby na modify..at pagandahin pa lalo...pero for sure its not really a serious instrument to really love it long time....wals naman yatang serious sessionst or artist ang gumagamit ng rj for pro level work....kahit ata kabanda ni rj sa shows niya di kinoconsider to plag with their band leaders guitars...

I think for rj guitars..pag kinati ka to go man shopping...some things to consider are..

Buy only if rj is  on bday sale..

And buy if the money youll be using is very disposable..

Sarap din magpunta sa shop trying out and finding gems...then ideas and visions on what next steps you will do to upgrade it later on..etc...usual feel good man shopping stuff..

*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *
PEDALS & ACCESSORIES FOR SALE
PM: http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=283433.0      FB: https://www.facebook.com/RcMusicEmporium

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #259 on: November 30, 2014, 09:31:53 AM »
once in a while we get this urge to.buy domething out of boredome perhaps..kahit di naman kailangan..masarap lanv feeling...lalo pag laking price drop... Ngayon for me its those damn straplocks..expensive buggers..but they add extra cool to your gear...but i don really actually need them as those beer bottle washers im currently using works perfectly..so.. I guess buying or actually spending money on an rj guitar is a novelty..katuwaan..who knows you migh end up with a gem...tapos sarap pa nz hobby na modify..at pagandahin pa lalo...pero for sure its not really a serious instrument to really love it long time....wals naman yatang serious sessionst or artist ang gumagamit ng rj for pro level work....kahit ata kabanda ni rj sa shows niya di kinoconsider to plag with their band leaders guitars...

I think for rj guitars..pag kinati ka to go man shopping...some things to consider are..

Buy only if rj is  on bday sale..

And buy if the money youll be using is very disposable..

Sarap din magpunta sa shop trying out and finding gems...then ideas and visions on what next steps you will do to upgrade it later on..etc...usual feel good man shopping stuff..

Though I understand the need for project guitars, I consider expensive guitars as my project guitars.  The only two guitars that I have left stock so far are my Blue Colored Baker B3 SL and my 1991 PRS Custom 24. 

The thread starter was asking a question that required an affirmative or negative answer on whether RJ guitars sound bad, and thus unfortunately, I have to give a very committed answer so that the thread starter will be clear on my position against RJ.

Panay marketing HALF TRUTHS si RJ, and I feel it my responsibility to complete the other not so nice to hear half truth about RJ guitars.

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #260 on: November 30, 2014, 10:01:38 AM »
If break down an rj guitar...usually the parts are the really cheap oem parts and electronics...graded..quality woods are out of the question..so basically your jyst buying a run of the mill shandong china factory oem guitar no different from those entry level squires and ibanez gios...so...only buy when it sale as the price is most fair for the make and build of the item.. And do not give into the rjsv hupe with fancy see through casecand certificates of authenticity and rk hang tags..etc.. Its just the same as any other rj..really dont know why they still try to sell something as their top of the line..prestigious...can rival th big brands....tama nga yung isang post...why not nagpakatotoo nalang..kung di naman sila magiinovate or really create something in light with their 90’s vision...
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *
PM: http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=283433.0      FB: https://www.facebook.com/RcMusicEmporium

Offline siore

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #261 on: November 30, 2014, 08:41:31 PM »
Some Christmas tune chord melody on my RJ les paul:

OT thread here:
http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=323997.0
soundclick.com/siore
youtube.com/user/siore

Offline bakit?

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #262 on: December 01, 2014, 06:06:42 AM »
I guess where I am coming from regarding the marketing gimmicks( and I think most of those RJ bashers are in agreement) is this( using your analogy of bulalo):

I like roadside bulalos as well, heck I like em so much that when the first Bulaluhan sa Espana came out, I was already there. It was patronized by taxi and jeepney drivers and me being an always drunk  student at the the time, stumbled upon this great place serving great bulalo at roadside price in welcome rotonda(they only had 2 umbrellas back then and it was in front of the school not where they are now). It was marketed as bulalo, it tasted like bulalo. It served its purpose as pampausaw(in Ilocano). At the time it was 30pesos or so.

But, if that same bulalo is served to me at the same place, at the time, with fancy French sounding names claiming to tastel like Wagyu or such and at a higher price, would I eat there? No. NO. I would know a gimmick from a spade.

I think we are both in agreement that, had RJ should stick to pricing his guitars as budget friendly, entry level guitars there would be no debate as this. I have owned a few pieces of their gears as well, but not the price they are selling it at their stores. I bought them cheap, 2nd hand where the pricing is fair for its worth. I like them guitars, I am even planning to buy one when on their sale. Budget, entry level guitars, thats what RJ rebadged guitars are. Not as high end guitars with capabilities of superheroes.

That in BULALO analogy, is where everyone is coming from regarding RJ marketing sir.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 06:10:34 AM by bakit? »
I believe that the definition of definition is reinvention. To not be like your parents. To not be like your friends. To be yourself.

Completely.

Offline iamppej

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #263 on: December 01, 2014, 07:24:49 AM »
If break down an rj guitar...usually the parts are the really cheap oem parts and electronics...graded..quality woods are out of the question..so basically your jyst buying a run of the mill shandong china factory oem guitar no different from those entry level squires and ibanez gios...so...only buy when it sale as the price is most fair for the make and build of the item.. And do not give into the rjsv hupe with fancy see through casecand certificates of authenticity and rk hang tags..etc.. Its just the same as any other rj..really dont know why they still try to sell something as their top of the line..prestigious...can rival th big brands....tama nga yung isang post...why not nagpakatotoo nalang..kung di naman sila magiinovate or really create something in light with their 90’s vision...

^_^
If there is no music there is no life!  Just like If there is no GOD there is no LIFE!

Offline siore

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #264 on: December 01, 2014, 09:05:07 AM »
I guess where I am coming from regarding the marketing gimmicks( and I think most of those RJ bashers are in agreement) is this( using your analogy of bulalo):

I like roadside bulalos as well, heck I like em so much that when the first Bulaluhan sa Espana came out, I was already there. It was patronized by taxi and jeepney drivers and me being an always drunk  student at the the time, stumbled upon this great place serving great bulalo at roadside price in welcome rotonda(they only had 2 umbrellas back then and it was in front of the school not where they are now). It was marketed as bulalo, it tasted like bulalo. It served its purpose as pampausaw(in Ilocano). At the time it was 30pesos or so.

But, if that same bulalo is served to me at the same place, at the time, with fancy French sounding names claiming to tastel like Wagyu or such and at a higher price, would I eat there? No. NO. I would know a gimmick from a spade.

I think we are both in agreement that, had RJ should stick to pricing his guitars as budget friendly, entry level guitars there would be no debate as this. I have owned a few pieces of their gears as well, but not the price they are selling it at their stores. I bought them cheap, 2nd hand where the pricing is fair for its worth. I like them guitars, I am even planning to buy one when on their sale. Budget, entry level guitars, thats what RJ rebadged guitars are. Not as high end guitars with capabilities of superheroes.

That in BULALO analogy, is where everyone is coming from regarding RJ marketing sir.

I can understand that.  My beef here is people come in with a palette for Wagyu or USDA Prime Rib, see the pricing of a bulalo and the way it's marketed, and say it can't possibly taste good.

I may be out of line here, but there are instances I'd prefer the local hot soup, and everything that comes with it.  I know there might be a Chinese dish that's similar, or it may taste like Malaysian Bah Kuh Teh, but you get a nice serving once, and you'll be coming back.  On the other hand, yeah.. sometimes people get nasty floaters on their soup, and that turns them off for life.

I do understand where you guys are coming from.  All good.
soundclick.com/siore
youtube.com/user/siore

Offline Musikerochan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #265 on: December 01, 2014, 09:24:47 AM »
poteks parang gusto ko ng isa uling RJ LP ah.

Offline bakit?

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #266 on: December 01, 2014, 09:34:45 AM »
poteks parang gusto ko ng isa uling RJ LP ah.

tara na bili tau. haha.

im eyeing the rj es335. if i cant get in ontheir sale, someone is selling me their rj ex3. same thing.

and another epi sheraton on the way. gas my friend. GAS.
I believe that the definition of definition is reinvention. To not be like your parents. To not be like your friends. To be yourself.

Completely.

Offline fretboard

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #267 on: December 01, 2014, 09:41:38 AM »
and i love aling sosing's bulalo ---> DIAN st. makati  :wink:

oops OT
try mo kayang kalabitin baka tumunog...

Offline chazkidlat

• Veteran Member
« Reply #268 on: December 02, 2014, 09:02:18 AM »
Mas ok kaya ang jay turser sa RJ? Since pareho sila ng price
"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness."

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #269 on: December 02, 2014, 09:12:23 AM »
I can understand that.  My beef here is people come in with a palette for Wagyu or USDA Prime Rib, see the pricing of a bulalo and the way it's marketed, and say it can't possibly taste good.

I may be out of line here, but there are instances I'd prefer the local hot soup, and everything that comes with it.  I know there might be a Chinese dish that's similar, or it may taste like Malaysian Bah Kuh Teh, but you get a nice serving once, and you'll be coming back.  On the other hand, yeah.. sometimes people get nasty floaters on their soup, and that turns them off for life.

I do understand where you guys are coming from.  All good.

I do acknowledge at times, one may want the simple tasting bulalo BUT based on my experience -- more often that not at around 90% of the time - USDA Prime and Kobe Beef are way way better than any local Bulalo.  I consume both and I cook with USDA Prime as much as possible.  Unfortunately, no Kobe Beef is exported out of Japan.

That being, the taste, texture and softness of real Kobe Beef is a league of its own that bulalo will not approximate in any scenario whatsoever.

In relation to all talk about meat, I would say that RJ Guitars is the double dead of Bulalo.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 09:16:24 AM by firemodel55 »

Offline inexperience

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #270 on: December 02, 2014, 09:24:33 AM »
hahaha double dead agad.   :-D
"creeping deeaath"

Offline siore

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #271 on: December 02, 2014, 10:06:56 AM »
I do acknowledge at times, one may want the simple tasting bulalo BUT based on my experience -- more often that not at around 90% of the time - USDA Prime and Kobe Beef are way way better than any local Bulalo.  I consume both and I cook with USDA Prime as much as possible.  Unfortunately, no Kobe Beef is exported out of Japan.

That being, the taste, texture and softness of real Kobe Beef is a league of its own that bulalo will not approximate in any scenario whatsoever.

In relation to all talk about meat, I would say that RJ Guitars is the double dead of Bulalo.

All good.  I agree Kobe beef is in a league of its own.  Your PRS is a stunner.  Would love to get my hands on one someday.
soundclick.com/siore
youtube.com/user/siore

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #272 on: December 02, 2014, 10:22:57 AM »

hahaha double dead of bulalo
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *

Offline Musikerochan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #273 on: December 02, 2014, 10:59:50 AM »
tara na bili tau. haha.

im eyeing the rj es335. if i cant get in ontheir sale, someone is selling me their rj ex3. same thing.

and another epi sheraton on the way. gas my friend. GAS.

just did, sort of. re-bought an RJ bass i sold months ago. may something eh.

Offline titser_marco

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #274 on: December 02, 2014, 08:30:22 PM »
I went in to hear povs re RJ and here I am GAS-ing for bulalo in piping hot stock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'd rather be sharp than flat.