hulika

Author Topic: THE GRAVITY CLUB - Followers of John Mayer  (Read 359116 times)

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
Re: THE GRAVITY CLUB - Followers of John Mayer
« Reply #2375 on: February 09, 2015, 10:49:23 AM »
John Mayer sporting his pink jackson at the Grammys. Halos di rin nagbago tunog. Parang strat pa rin. Hehehe

grabe, i was always wondering what ed sheeran songs would sound like if JM solo'ed over it. sobrang sakto sa naisip ko yung ginagawa niya sa thinking out loud. whew.

IMHO nga lang, doesnt sound the same. iba pa rin yung TBO niya.
hahaha ako binibiyak ko muna yung wetpaks para makita kung may yellow thingy hahahaha

Offline opencoke

« Reply #2376 on: February 10, 2015, 10:22:59 AM »
Yup, i agree. he doesn't sound the same. IMO, yes andun un base tone nya pero hindi tunog strat.
Paf joe, Evo2, Breeds... STEVE VAI <3

Offline starkiller

« Reply #2377 on: February 10, 2015, 12:03:19 PM »

grabe, i was always wondering what ed sheeran songs would sound like if JM solo'ed over it. sobrang sakto sa naisip ko yung ginagawa niya sa thinking out loud. whew.

IMHO nga lang, doesnt sound the same. iba pa rin yung TBO niya.

They should have done a medley of Thinking Out Loud / Waiting On The World to Change. Same song features: same key, time signature, almost the same tempo, noodling around during chords, and even the pre-chorus sequence sounds similar. Those two songs just go well together.

Offline tsunamic

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2378 on: February 10, 2015, 12:25:41 PM »
They should have done a medley of Thinking Out Loud / Waiting On The World to Change. Same song features: same key, time signature, almost the same tempo, noodling around during chords, and even the pre-chorus sequence sounds similar. Those two songs just go well together.

Oo nga no! kinanta ko pa dito sa office parehas haha!

Offline crazyvoice

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2379 on: February 10, 2015, 12:51:27 PM »
My point of view why JM using his Pink Pointy Jackson Guitar in his recent performance is to show Fender how influential he is as a Guitarist and as well grab a lot of attention in guitar world industry. Sa isang international gear/ guitar forums palang 10plus pages na agad ang thread regarding sa first performance niya sa Late Late Show he even used Soldano on that performance and behind it is a Fender amp so ironic.

Kapag sumikat nanaman yang pointy 80's style guitars malaking bagay siguro dahil sa kanya. Even me looking for Jackson guitar sa olx now hahaha!

Parang show off ba niya din sa Fender no di sila kawalan sa kanya though the other way around. We all know that JM has very sarcastic attitude.  :lol:
MDA Accounting & Management Consultancy
(02) 357-22-16
For your Accounting & Taxation needs.

Offline starkiller

« Reply #2380 on: February 10, 2015, 12:57:55 PM »
My point of view why JM using his Pink Pointy Jackson Guitar in his recent performance is to show Fender how influential he is as a Guitarist and as well grab a lot of attention in guitar world industry. Sa isang international gear/ guitar forums palang 10plus pages na agad ang thread regarding sa first performance niya sa Late Late Show he even used Soldano on that performance and behind it is a Fender amp so ironic.

Kapag sumikat nanaman yang pointy 80's style guitars malaking bagay siguro dahil sa kanya. Even me looking for Jackson guitar sa olx now hahaha!

Parang show off ba niya din sa Fender no di sila kawalan sa kanya though the other way around. We all know that JM has very sarcastic attitude.  :lol:

Possible; except that Fender owns Jackson Guitars. If he wanted Fender to regret parting ways with him, he would have used a different brand.

Offline crazyvoice

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2381 on: February 10, 2015, 07:35:26 PM »
Possible; except that Fender owns Jackson Guitars. If he wanted Fender to regret parting ways with him, he would have used a different brand.

Yes, Fender still under the wings of Jackson, maybe he just want to make his point that he is influential figure sa guitar world na kahit di appealing sa lahat yung ganung klaseng guitar is siguro or in a way sumikat ulit (or maging mainstream) dahil sa kanya.
(02) 357-22-16

Offline rowley75

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2382 on: February 11, 2015, 01:45:21 AM »

+1. he should get some other s-type guitars from other companies(like suhr, d'pergo, etc.). he just don't sound the same without a strat.
Live by honor, Kill by stealth.

Offline crazyvoice

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2383 on: February 11, 2015, 07:08:22 AM »
I want him to see using a Suhr nga eh. Nakita ko yung video nung The One ng Suhr doon sa isang thread at yung Guitarist with no face na nagdadala tipong may concert is parang siya, Gray T-Shirt then full tattoed yung left arms. Hahaha!
(02) 357-22-16

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #2384 on: February 11, 2015, 09:29:35 AM »

I wish they did. hahaha however, feel ko pag ginawa nila yun, magmumukhang hogging the spot light si JM. kumbaga, it's ed's time na. bigay niyo na.

pero damn, that would be awesome kung nagmedley nga sila :O
hahaha ako binibiyak ko muna yung wetpaks para makita kung may yellow thingy hahahaha

Offline paul_sigua

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2385 on: February 11, 2015, 01:50:07 PM »
he just don't sound the same without a strat.

I think that was the point. Maybe he wanted to try and have fun with other guitars. It wasnt his show anyway.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 01:55:03 PM by paul_sigua »

Offline chazkidlat

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2386 on: February 18, 2015, 10:56:24 AM »
I think that was the point. Maybe he wanted to try and have fun with other guitars. It wasnt his show anyway.

agree. mas triup ko character nya ngayun.. hindi pabida.. pero may alas.

ganun lang..  8-)
"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness."

Offline claudefi

« Reply #2387 on: February 19, 2015, 02:14:33 PM »
And I kinda liked him having access to a floyd trem. He used it so naturally without the flash that comes along with that territory. Hope he gets on board with suhr or G&L. And I kinda hope he explores floyded guitars.

Offline JanMayer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2388 on: February 19, 2015, 03:37:35 PM »
And I kinda liked him having access to a floyd trem. He used it so naturally without the flash that comes along with that territory. Hope he gets on board with suhr or G&L. And I kinda hope he explores floyded guitars.
+1
Gusto ko rin siyang makitang gumamit ng suhr  :)
The blues don't change.

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #2389 on: February 20, 2015, 10:48:26 AM »

G&L yes, suhr no. bakit? kasi mahal masyado =)) HAHAHAHHA

Offline claudefi

« Reply #2390 on: February 20, 2015, 10:49:32 PM »
Hahaha expensive nga. But I bet he can buy 2 Suhr Classic Customs if he writes his name on to one of his spare strats and have it sold lol. But I really think he's on to something with that floyd. Hope he stays tasteful with his new toy.

Offline ios

« Reply #2391 on: February 23, 2015, 09:35:34 PM »
sana PRS para may SE verison hehe

Offline chazkidlat

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2392 on: February 24, 2015, 08:10:11 AM »
+4
"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness."

Offline electromark

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2393 on: February 24, 2015, 09:18:26 AM »

+1    :)

Offline captainbackfire

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2394 on: March 03, 2015, 05:56:22 AM »
What? Do I hear PRS..

Offline giftmones

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2395 on: March 04, 2015, 09:26:36 PM »
What? Do I hear PRS..

fat sounds.. Dinig na dinig mo na yung difference sa tunog nya dati hehe.

Mag Lespaul sana sya ahhaahahahaha.

Offline JanMayer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2396 on: March 04, 2015, 11:49:30 PM »
What? Do I hear PRS..

Ganda parin ng tone niya hahaha
The blues don't change.

Offline d_one

« Reply #2397 on: March 08, 2015, 05:08:58 PM »
John Mayer sporting his pink jackson at the Grammys. Halos di rin nagbago tunog. Parang strat pa rin. Hehehe

Seriously? Man, sobrang iba ng tunog ni JM nung Grammys performance niya with Ed Sheeran. IMO, with the way he plays, di bagay sa kanya ang Jackson. Iba pa rin talaga ang Strat sound.

Offline chazkidlat

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2398 on: April 08, 2015, 04:38:59 PM »
Mdami nagsasabi super SRV sya. pero alam naman natin he's a mixed of everything saka di nya naman super ripped off yung SRV tone. May mas clear, crisp brigth sparkle sya.

anyone heard of DAN PATLANSKY?

eto talaga ang rip off haha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0xaO5AJRsc

https://youtu.be/gGOLsluWt6E

Offline ios

« Reply #2399 on: April 08, 2015, 07:44:55 PM »
If John Mayer and Guthrie Govan had an Asian child..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCvpVnMAVPs