hulika

Author Topic: a new band called PROJECT 1  (Read 35220 times)

Offline Helmet

• Forum Fanatic
Re: a new band called PROJECT 1
« Reply #50 on: April 11, 2008, 01:16:19 AM »

but if the hunt down the country it will take so much time and budget...

Could be. But they're an institution already. They have the right capacity to make it happen. Time is not an issue. It's worth it to wait until tomorrow for a great new band to come up. Budget? It wouldn't cost so much for people to send their demos over the internet or by any means.

Sorry medyo na mis-lead ko kayo. What I'm saying is that these band members could serve as scouts for talents not for the sake of having another sideproject but to give them exposure.

Offline chuck sabbath

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #51 on: April 11, 2008, 11:36:58 AM »
so let me get this straight...when you reach a certain (arbitrary) level of fame/exposure/accomplishment/age its time to stop and become a talent scout? hindi ko yata nakuha yung memo :roll:

these people got to where they are because of their hard work, talent and yes, connections. youre entitled to hate their work (wag nyo lang ipaalam sa anti talangka brigade na may sariling opinyon kayo), i personally hate the song--and "all star" bands for that matter--but i dont get this idea of self entitlement na "tama na kayong mga sikat, kami naman!" the world doesnt owe anyone anything. i dont really subscribe to this idea na "sama sama tayong magkapatid sa musika". kanya kanyang kayod yun.

instead of worrying about "the man" keeping you down, work on your craft, take pleasure in it. the rest will take care of itself.

ps. hindi po ako galit :)
In an expanding universe, time is on the side of the outcast. Those who once inhabited the suburbs of human contempt find that without changing their address they eventually live in the metropolis

Offline chichoy

• Netizen Level
« Reply #52 on: April 11, 2008, 01:39:32 PM »
i believe that the band wrote the song "ang sarap dito"...

Sorry for the misleading statement. What I meant with this was that the song was solely written for the project (or for the money) and not because they wanted to make music together as a "band".

Yes, the "band" wrote the song but they wrote it (and most probably got together) just for the getting the deal or maybe there was already a deal and they just tapped on Marasigan's shoulder and said, "hey, we've got a project! We'll be needing a band that looks good and cool together." So Marasigan, being the influencial figure that he is, picks up his cellphone and starts dialing numbers telling them, "Hey, tara guys, magtayo tayo ng banda...me project ako!"

Thus the term... "Baligtad kasi dito sa atin... Songs are written to fit the artist and the scene when it's supposed to be the other way around. The artist makes the music and plots the scene."

A classic example which still exists until today...The movies with the cool sounding titles, which would also be the title of the main soundtrack and the movie script would not be complete if the whole title wasn't included in some cheezy scene. The main soundtrack would most probably was written for the movie or be a song of a budding artist that a recording company is currently building up.

hope everything makes sense. :)

Offline Helmet

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #53 on: April 11, 2008, 10:48:22 PM »
so let me get this straight...when you reach a certain (arbitrary) level of fame/exposure/accomplishment/age its time to stop and become a talent scout? hindi ko yata nakuha yung memo :roll:

instead of worrying about "the man" keeping you down, work on your craft, take pleasure in it. the rest will take care of itself.

ps. hindi po ako galit :)

Agreed. Except for the first statment. I'm not saying that it applies to everyone though. Let's say you've "worked on your craft" and "took pleasure on it" but then nothing happens because the music industry is clogged together by the same band members mixed up with other bands with a different sound and different band name. Now the opportunity for us could be a little bit scarce.

Offline Helmet

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #54 on: April 11, 2008, 10:54:32 PM »
Oh yeah...

about the "when you reach a certain (arbitrary) level of fame/exposure/accomplishment/age" not all of them has reached all of these criteria. Maybe I shouldn't have used "scout". "help" could be better.  :-)

Offline Deadwing

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #55 on: April 12, 2008, 12:04:24 AM »
I'm not sure that these guys are obligated to help anyone.  At the end of the day, it's still a job for them--competitive at that.

Offline Helmet

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #56 on: April 12, 2008, 01:31:00 AM »
Then again, it doesn't apply for everyone like I've said so its no obligation. At least a hint of idea could run through them about it.

Offline great_genius10

« Reply #57 on: April 12, 2008, 12:27:58 PM »
i honestly think raymund marasigan is overexposed.
I don't really care if they label me a "Jesus freak". There ain't no disguising the truth.

Offline tejadster

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #58 on: April 12, 2008, 09:16:55 PM »
i honestly think raymund marasigan is overexposed.
+1 but he's making money :lol:

Offline great_genius10

« Reply #59 on: April 12, 2008, 11:12:35 PM »
yeah he's making money.

i like raymund. but i wonder kung may panahon pa sya sa pamilya nya.
I don't really care if they label me a "Jesus freak". There ain't no disguising the truth.

Offline tejadster

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #60 on: April 13, 2008, 12:04:59 AM »
yeah he's making money.

pag gabi naman yung gigs eh... pati rin asawa nya si myrene (imago)...
oo nga my oras pa kaya? :lol:
ang kulit nga ng pangalan ng kids nya eh..
"AtariKim"

Offline great_genius10

« Reply #61 on: April 13, 2008, 12:28:02 AM »
gigs sa gabi. pag umaga, practice. tapos susulat ng kanta. tapos maghahanap ng gigs, etc...

napanuod nyo ba yung Click ni adam sandler?

Offline chichoy

• Netizen Level
« Reply #62 on: April 14, 2008, 02:15:14 PM »
yeah he's making money.

hm.. mahirap na siguro ang oras nyan. karma na nya yun sa pagiging over-exposed nya. hehe.. jok!

I have nothing against the hardworking dude pero imaginin' nyo nalang sa dami ng banda nya at nagawa nyang kanta sa iba't ibang banda as different artist and genres, hindi kaya mas naging productive sya at maging mas sikat sya kung lahat ung creativeness na yun naka-focus lang sa isa nyang banda. IMHO lang... :)

I don't hate the player... I just don't like what he's doing to the game.

Offline rockyteer

• Veteran Member
« Reply #63 on: April 14, 2008, 03:09:59 PM »
dapat pangalan ng mga bands nya lahat "Raymund and Friends"

sandwich = Raymund and friends 1
Pedicab = Raymund and friends 2
etc etc  :-D

I'm curious, meron ba syang equivalent sa mga Western "rock stars"? sa US or UK? yung isang tao lang na maraming banda?

Matt Skiba

« Reply #64 on: April 14, 2008, 04:02:58 PM »
sawa nakong makita o marinig tong si raimund. it seems kahit saan andun siya, hanggang sa pinoy big brother sinama pa tong pinakabago nyang banda para magpromote. i respect raymund for his work with the eheads, but im really not a fan of everything else he's done.

Offline ninejuicyjulius

• Banned from AGT
« Reply #65 on: April 14, 2008, 04:46:52 PM »
o ayan. ginamit na din ng Smart ang Sugod ng Sandwich.

grabe lang ang pera. kaliwa't kanan. sana maambunan naman ako niyan. haha.  :-D
Ows? Di nga?

Offline xavier

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #66 on: April 14, 2008, 05:04:05 PM »
you cant blame him. he likes what he's doing eh. sabi nga ni aristotle, it isn't work if you love what you're doing.

Offline tejadster

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #67 on: April 14, 2008, 05:40:33 PM »
o ayan. ginamit na din ng Smart ang Sugod ng Sandwich.

grabe lang ang pera. kaliwa't kanan. sana maambunan naman ako niyan. haha.  :-D
oo nga eh.. ambunan din sana ako..

Offline Deadwing

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #68 on: April 15, 2008, 02:01:01 AM »
I'm curious, meron ba syang equivalent sa mga Western "rock stars"? sa US or UK? yung isang tao lang na maraming banda?

At one point, nagkaroon din ng maraming side-projects si Mike Muir ng Suicidal Tendencies noong 90's.  Meron siya noong Infectious Grooves tsaka Cyco Myko.  Halos sunod-sunod pa ang pagrelease nung mga plaka nila.

Offline akosimic

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #69 on: April 15, 2008, 07:30:55 AM »

at some point, you can compare him also with dave grohl. but at least dave grohl works with different musicians, and the music is different from what he does with foo fighters.

Offline Helmet

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #70 on: April 16, 2008, 04:37:53 AM »
Sa ngayon, Raymund = Timbaland  :|

Offline tejadster

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #71 on: April 16, 2008, 09:22:56 AM »
Sa ngayon, Raymund = Timbaland  :|
+1
producer and artist at the same time

Offline julsam

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #72 on: April 16, 2008, 10:55:24 AM »
i guess kung kayo man si raimund, ganun din gagawin nyo. IMHO  :-)

i have no problem with his "overexposure". kung fed up na ko dahil sya lage, naaalala kong may daliri pala ko para sa paglipat ng tv, radio, etc.

who can blame him?
he loves what he's doing at the same time he earns a lot (i mean a lot) of money.
bakit poproblemahin pa natin ang family life nya?  :-D

peace brothers

Offline brianwilson

• Veteran Member
« Reply #73 on: April 16, 2008, 09:59:19 PM »

Meron. Yung mga Elephant 6 bands like Of Montreal, Olivia Tremor Control, The Apples In Stereo, Neutral Milk Hotel, Circulatory System, and a bunch of others. Magkakaibigan tong mga to. They set-up their own indie recording company. Tulungan sila sa recording, even on tours. My dream is to have this kind of thing here in the Phils.  :-)

« Last Edit: April 16, 2008, 10:15:15 PM by brianwilson »

Offline xavier

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #74 on: April 16, 2008, 10:58:14 PM »
... and raims is still better than cueshe and hale and spongecola and those other bands.