hulika

Author Topic: PAANO MALALAMAN KUNG CHRISTIAN BAND  (Read 22167 times)

Offline wh1t33rick

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: PAANO MALALAMAN KUNG CHRISTIAN BAND
« Reply #75 on: May 18, 2009, 09:43:05 PM »
Being Christian is a relationship between you and God.

Kung paano malalaman?
Maybe in their works? Occupations? Or if they declare na christian nga sila.

+1  :-D
"I Don't care what they say about me but it's alright..they'll get it one day.."

Make God Famous

Offline mongz_dakila

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #76 on: June 22, 2009, 04:04:49 AM »
katulad ng sabi nila, if they claim that they are Christian band..

Offline wh1t33rick

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #77 on: June 23, 2009, 02:21:55 AM »
a true christian band ay hindi naghahanap ng away  :-D
"I Don't care what they say about me but it's alright..they'll get it one day.."

Make God Famous

Offline Santo Muerte

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #78 on: June 23, 2009, 10:15:45 PM »

Typical Christian band.

Offline xboughtbybloodx

« Reply #79 on: July 04, 2009, 12:45:09 PM »

Offline inzsairis

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #80 on: December 02, 2009, 01:01:04 PM »

you will feel it.. my mga acoustics to extreme metal na christian band or christians pero di nag claim as chriatian band pero mararamdaman mo sa songs nila ung "christianity"

meron naman na they claim as christians but then peke lang pala...

bottom line is... its still your own judgement.. and dont forget not to focus more on bands but to "God"  aminado ako minsan naliligaw ako dahil sa addiction sa music :-)

God bless...
Inter spem et metum... Inter arma carita

Offline SCREWER

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #81 on: December 06, 2009, 03:29:17 AM »
when an artist is sensitive as a toilet seat when it comes to religious stuff...
Stop using Jesus as an excuse for being a narrow-minded, bigoted a-hole.

Offline musikalora

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #82 on: April 02, 2010, 09:58:29 PM »
ok lang ba kung buhayin tong thread na to TS? hehe!

how can we really tell if it is a Christian band?

research lang talaga.. we really can't tell if Christian ang band if we just look on their lyrics..

siguro, first, if they claim that they are a Christian band, then let's check their lyrics if they coincide with Christianity(like portraying on how to depend on God and how a Christian should behave accdg to the teaching of our Lord Jesus), then finally, let's check their lifestyle..

but still, i'm happy sa mga outspoken na Christian bands on the mainstream like Relient K, UnderOath, and the likes.. kasi just by their testimony as a follower of Christ can challenge every people na nakikinig sa kanila, Christians or non-Christians, na hindi lang si satan ang may karapatan na gamitin ang Rock music.. Music after all, regardless of form and style, is a creation of God, so the best music pa rin are the ones that are offered back to Jesus.. na-O.OP na ba ako? hehe!

anyways, God bless you mga pinoy christian rock bands.. continue to storm the gates of hell with your life's testimony and the authority given to you by Our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ... if someone perscute you or diss you, just remember that you are not doing music for people but to God.. secondary na lang yang mga tao.. kasi pag na-bless nyo ang Panginoon sa mga kanta nyo, Siya na mag-bebless sa mga tao gamit ang mga kanta nyo.. as i have heard once in a seminar, there are no Christian Music, only Christian Message/Lyrics.. so continue to stand up on the side of God cause in the end, only the unshakable will remain unshakable.. Glory be to God!  :mrgreen:

Offline charlesdavidlim

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #83 on: April 02, 2010, 11:47:11 PM »
ok lang ba kung buhayin tong thread na to TS? hehe!

how can we really tell if it is a Christian band?

research lang talaga.. we really can't tell if Christian ang band if we just look on their lyrics..

siguro, first, if they claim that they are a Christian band, then let's check their lyrics if they coincide with Christianity(like portraying on how to depend on God and how a Christian should behave accdg to the teaching of our Lord Jesus), then finally, let's check their lifestyle..

but still, i'm happy sa mga outspoken na Christian bands on the mainstream like Relient K, UnderOath, and the likes.. kasi just by their testimony as a follower of Christ can challenge every people na nakikinig sa kanila, Christians or non-Christians, na hindi lang si satan ang may karapatan na gamitin ang Rock music.. Music after all, regardless of form and style, is a creation of God, so the best music pa rin are the ones that are offered back to Jesus.. na-O.OP na ba ako? hehe!

anyways, God bless you mga pinoy christian rock bands.. continue to storm the gates of hell with your life's testimony and the authority given to you by Our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ... if someone perscute you or diss you, just remember that you are not doing music for people but to God.. secondary na lang yang mga tao.. kasi pag na-bless nyo ang Panginoon sa mga kanta nyo, Siya na mag-bebless sa mga tao gamit ang mga kanta nyo.. as i have heard once in a seminar, there are no Christian Music, only Christian Message/Lyrics.. so continue to stand up on the side of God cause in the end, only the unshakable will remain unshakable.. Glory be to God!  :mrgreen:

+1000!  :-)
No glove. No love.

Offline xelalien

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #84 on: April 04, 2010, 01:00:43 AM »
pansin ko choir/unison vocals usually ang mga Christian bands na naririnig ko,
tapos laging me acoustic guitar...
and laging uplifting words ang message ng lyrics, na may reference to Him or kay Jesus, direct o indirect :)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 01:03:19 AM by xelalien »

« Reply #85 on: April 07, 2010, 12:49:04 AM »
does it really matter if the band is christian or not?

IVMHO, you can serve god even with the simplest chores.
The night is young and so are we, we could paint the sky red and the town green.

Hikerun dakedo engi suru no ha hetakusou da

Offline burnsbhm

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #86 on: April 08, 2010, 12:43:24 AM »
Simple:

BY THEIR FRUITS YOU SHALL KNOW THEM
RJ LP Std.,Jackson DK2,Burns Brian May,Fender MIM Strat,Valencia EClassical,Nady UHF4,EHX Screaming Bird,Vox V847,Vox V830,Vox Tonelab SE,Vox Pathfinder 15R/Visual Sound J&H,Ibanez TS9 OD,MXR Analog Chorus, Boss BF2,Boss DD2,Line 6 Echo Park

Offline inzsairis

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #87 on: May 21, 2010, 03:25:40 AM »
Nasa OUTPUTS nila yan!

nasa Lyrics ng kanta at sa attitude on stage (pray muna bago rakrakan haha kidding):-D

pansin ko lang ang FM Static maingat sa lyrics! :wink:

a thousand foot krutch...
Inter spem et metum... Inter arma carita

Offline jefisipbata

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #88 on: May 24, 2010, 07:54:11 AM »
does it really matter if the band is christian or not?

IVMHO, you can serve god even with the simplest chores.

to some, it does.

Offline ischukuploof

« Reply #89 on: June 18, 2010, 01:06:45 AM »
parang sa lyrics ata makikita kung christian band sila.
parang vertical horizon, you're a god.
tsaka yung pangalan mismo nung band.
vertical horizon, pag pini-picture mo yung band name, lalabas, cross.
which symbolizes christ.
insights lang.  :lol:
uhhhhhhhhhhhh. uhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Offline burnsbhm

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #90 on: June 27, 2010, 05:59:13 AM »
parang sa lyrics ata makikita kung christian band sila.
parang vertical horizon, you're a god.
tsaka yung pangalan mismo nung band.
vertical horizon, pag pini-picture mo yung band name, lalabas, cross.
which symbolizes christ.
insights lang.  :lol:

But Vertical Horizon is NOT a Christian band. This was one of the great deception of the 90s. Everything you want was misconstrued as Christ being EVERYTHING WE NEED but the song talks about a woman who is dissatisfied with all her relationships. Even You are A God deceives a lot of people too, let the lyrics speak for themselves:

I've gotta be honest
I think you know
We're covered in lies and that's okay
And there's somewhere beyond this, I know
But I hope I can find the words to say
Never again, no-o-o...
No, never again...
'Cause you're a god
And I am not
And I just thought
That you would know
You're a god
And I am not
And I just thought
I'd let you go-o
But I've been unable
To put you down
I'm still learning things I ought to know by now
It's under the table, so
I need something more to show, somehow
So, never again, no-o-o...
No, never again...
'Cause you're a god
And I am not
And I just thought
That you would know
You're a god
And I am not
And I just thought
I'd let you go
I've got to be honest
I think you know
We're covered in lies and that's okay
There's somewhere beyond this, I know
But I hope I can find the words to say
Never again, no-o-o...
No, never again...
Cause you're a god
And I am not
And I just thought
That you would know
You're a god
And I am not
And I just thought
I'd let you go
You're a god
I just thought that you would know...
You're a god
Oh, I thought that you would know
You're a god
I just thought that you would know...
I'd let you go

And finally:

A: "Hey guys, we are getting the Christian question again." - Ed Toth

Some of Vertical Horizon's songs appear to have religious overtones. One song in particular, "Prayer for an Innocent Man" is based on one of the Psalms of David (Psalm 17). However, Vertical Horizon has not acknowledged that they are a Christian band. In fact Keith has said that this was one of the many rumors that have circulated around the band. Matt has encouraged people to develop personal interpretations of the songs. This is especially true about the latest album. Ed says he loves being in this band because of this room for personal interpretation. He goes on to say that "it's fine with us because there can be 5,000 different interpretations about a song. People can think whatever they want, but we are not a Christian band. We don't even go to church when we are on the road." By interpreting the songs on a personal level, it allows the listeners to connect deeply and get more out of the song.

As a collective, Vertical Horizon is not a Christian band, but there has been some speculation to the personal beliefs of the members. Many people point out the fact that the founding members went to a Jesuit university. Also, Keith has said that the Bible is a good book to have and read. In spite of this, no one is really sure of any of each member's personal beliefs except the members themselves, and they choose not to make that part of their recordings, performances, and public life.
RJ LP Std.,Jackson DK2,Burns Brian May,Fender MIM Strat,Valencia EClassical,Nady UHF4,EHX Screaming Bird,Vox V847,Vox V830,Vox Tonelab SE,Vox Pathfinder 15R/Visual Sound J&H,Ibanez TS9 OD,MXR Analog Chorus, Boss BF2,Boss DD2,Line 6 Echo Park

Offline pedaldeaf3

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #91 on: November 11, 2010, 04:00:55 PM »
Open ko lang ulit... Parang di nasagot yung tanung ng thread master eh...  :-D

Theres no point if the lyrics are good, positive & encouraging... Being a christian is a lifestyle... If you accepted him as your Lord & Savior asked for forgiveness of your sins thanked him is one part... What you say, do & think is also a factor if your a christian or not... Sa case ng Christian band...  If lahat ng members pasok sa description of the term "Christian" then they are a Christians...
"Christians in a band" because "Christian Band" is only a label...

As I Lay Dying have stated on numerous occasions that all of the members of the group are Christians,but never have stated they are a Christian band. When asked if they're a Christian band or Christians in a band, Tim Lambesis stated on the band's FAQ, "I'm not sure what the difference is between five Christians playing in a band and a Christian band.If you truly believe something, then it should affect every area of your life. All five of us are Christians. I believe that change should start with me first, and as a result, our lyrics do not come across very 'preachy.' Many of our songs are about life, struggles, mistakes, relationships and other issues that don't fit entirely in the spiritual category. However, all of these topics are written about through my perspective as a Christian." During an August 2010 radio interview, Lambesis once more made a statement regarding the band and his faith, expressing that his world view as a Christian "always comes across in our lyrics in some way or another."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/As_I_Lay_Dying_(band)#Christian_faith  :-D

Sound trip ko mga pala Christian Metal... Background Check ang ginawa ko hindi "lyrics checking"  :wink:
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 04:06:05 PM by pedaldeaf3 »
God is the mighty "RAK" of my salvation "EN" he want's me to "ROL" forward & follow him...