hulika

Author Topic: What's up Philmusic.com!  (Read 1912 times)

Offline BIGKAHUNA

• Philmusicus Noobitus
What's up Philmusic.com!
« on: February 22, 2011, 05:31:11 PM »
What's  up fella's - I am new to the forum as I just ran across this today. I a US Citizen living here in the Philippines with my wife and child. I love guitar and have a ton of gear (most for sale right now). I am downsizing to an AxeFx and a power amp with GenzBenz 2x12 G-Flex cab.

I am looking forward to getting involved here on the board. If you are a guitarist looking for top end gear - let me know I have ton of gear and a lot of it is for sale. Look for me on Sulit as well under the same user name. Here are is some of my gear:

Offline mysmileyface

• Veteran Member
Re: What's up Philmusic.com!
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 06:48:47 PM »
wow! welcome to philmusic!  :-D

Offline kimhags

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 07:22:06 PM »
welcome to philmusic bro. i love your gear especially the ESP LTDs.  :-)

Offline pogikaze

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2011, 10:57:24 PM »
 :-o nice gears! welcome!
  speak good, think good, do good and you will definitely feel good! - dearest

Offline BIGKAHUNA

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2011, 07:41:09 AM »
wow! welcome to philmusic!  :-D

Thats Brutha! Glad to be here!

Offline BIGKAHUNA

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2011, 07:44:20 AM »
welcome to philmusic bro. i love your gear especially the ESP LTDs.  :-)

I love the LTD's as well. The Edwards Gold Top is another mid priced guitar that is an excellent buy. If you guys havent tried this I can tell you this - I have played numerous Les Paul's and the Edwards is as good as the best of them and better than a lot the ones I have played.  :-D

Offline kimhags

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2011, 07:51:45 AM »
I love the LTD's as well. The Edwards Gold Top is another mid priced guitar that is an excellent buy. If you guys havent tried this I can tell you this - I have played numerous Les Paul's and the Edwards is as good as the best of them and better than a lot the ones I have played.  :-D

i've heard good things about edwards. what attracted me the most is that amber (?) EC and the martin.  :-)

Offline BIGKAHUNA

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2011, 07:57:31 AM »
Enjoy your stay.

Downsizing huh? We'll see..

http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/board,168.0.html
http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/board,167.0.html

:-)

Oh you are Evil! Just what I need - another classifieds forum to obsess over!
Honestly - My bigger gear has to go - The cost to ship it to the states will kill me and besides that once I get there gear will be easy to come by and plentiful.  It will be easier to sell off and start over – and it’ll be fun as well.
Not sure if you guys are into the AxeFX but I traded my Boa Skin Splawn Quick Rod for and AxeFX Ultra. It’s really an amazing unit and  this will allow me to sell off my amps and effects and consolidated down to an 8 space rack. I will sell off my cabs before I leave as well as I can get cabs when I get to the states for about the same price as I can ship for.
I am definitely going to dig around the gear FS/FT - I might post some of my gear there as well.
Peace!

Offline BIGKAHUNA

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2011, 08:05:09 AM »
i've heard good things about edwards. what attracted me the most is that amber (?) EC and the martin.  :-)

The EC1000 is a badazz guitar - its got a set of BKP Crawlers in it. It a classic looking guitar but its got a very modern edge to the tone and feel. The Martin is the most expensive piece of gear I own - I have over 150T in that guitar. Paid roughly 130T for it and sent it directly to Dan Erlewine for a Pro Set up. That set up cost 50T - Neck angle reset, Installed larger frets, Bone nut, bone bridge and bridge pins. I have it listed on Sulit for 83T and even though most look at that price and think I am insane for asking it - that guitar is STEAL at that price.

Offline kimhags

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2011, 08:16:18 AM »
The EC1000 is a badazz guitar - its got a set of BKP Crawlers in it. It a classic looking guitar but its got a very modern edge to the tone and feel. The Martin is the most expensive piece of gear I own - I have over 150T in that guitar. Paid roughly 130T for it and sent it directly to Dan Erlewine for a Pro Set up. That set up cost 50T - Neck angle reset, Installed larger frets, Bone nut, bone bridge and bridge pins. I have it listed on Sulit for 83T and even though most look at that price and think I am insane for asking it - that guitar is STEAL at that price.

martins are expensive at around $2000 at least. it is one of my dream guitars in the acoustic area. the EC-1000 is also one of my dream guitars that's why i'm attracted to it.  :-) but i'm a metal kinda guy so i prefer the EC-1000 with the EMG 81/60 setup.

Offline BIGKAHUNA

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2011, 09:08:23 AM »
martins are expensive at around $2000 at least. it is one of my dream guitars in the acoustic area. the EC-1000 is also one of my dream guitars that's why i'm attracted to it.  :-) but i'm a metal kinda guy so i prefer the EC-1000 with the EMG 81/60 setup.

EMG's are not required to play metal - thats what I play and Hate EMG's.  :-D

EMG's at first were cool but the more I played them the more sterile they felt. I love the BKP's but they are pricey. I just traded a BKP Rebel Yell for a Suhr Aldrich. Looking forward to getting that pick up in as I here it is the tits. Will post a review when I get it.

Offline kimhags

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2011, 09:13:29 AM »
EMG's are not required to play metal - thats what I play and Hate EMG's.  :-D

EMG's at first were cool but the more I played them the more sterile they felt. I love the BKP's but they are pricey. I just traded a BKP Rebel Yell for a Suhr Aldrich. Looking forward to getting that pick up in as I here it is the tits. Will post a review when I get it.

i just prefer the EMGs for that heavy chugging sound. i also love BKPs but they are too expensive though.

Offline rust

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2011, 10:32:03 AM »
welcome  8-)