hulika

Author Topic: What's the best Swivel Type Wall Mount for a 48" TV in the Market today?  (Read 1751 times)

Offline norvin_mangunay

I recently bought a TV now i need ideas on how to mount it on our living room wall ;)
There are like 5 types of wall mounts. Have you guys gone wrong with one?

Hi guys, I'm planning to buy an LED TV this December,,
visited an SM Appliance store recently and had too many to choose from.
I don't have an idea of an Ideal TV, moreover the best buy models. What brands have the best resolution.
Maybe you can help me.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 08:40:23 AM by norvin_mangunay »
Deuteronomy 8:18 "But remember the LORD your God, for it is he who gives you the ability to produce wealth, and so confirms His covenant, which he swore to your ancestors, as it is today."

Offline qroon

• Tanod
  • Prime Moderator
Re: Whats the best 40-60" TV in the Market?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2014, 09:07:33 AM »
Go for the non-smart TV models, you don't need the extra features. AFAIK, the 42" 1080p LED from TCL is less than 18K.

Anything that is above 42", you will notice the pixel hints when you look closely. If you want a 60" model, the ideal resolution is 4K. But the price is significantly higher for 4K.

Semper Erectus
Spur | Helical | Bevel | Hypoid | Crown | Epicyclic

Offline norvin_mangunay

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2014, 09:13:33 AM »
Thanks sir qroon for your input. Its a nice headstart for me checking on TCL. All i know are Samsung and Sony brands- which seem so expensive for features that are already present in less known brands, that significantly have far better prices.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 09:24:59 AM by norvin_mangunay »
Deuteronomy 8:18 "But remember the LORD your God, for it is he who gives you the ability to produce wealth, and so confirms His covenant, which he swore to your ancestors, as it is today."

Offline randymarsh

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2014, 02:54:24 AM »
Check the size of the actual pixels. Some cheaper brands, even if advertised as "Full HD" would have bigger pixels than known brands (Sony, Samsung, etc...). Lesser the pixel density, no matter what size, will be cheaper, and video quality not as good as higher priced models.

Also check for glare, bigger screens especially with shiny panel will produce more glare than matted finished panel.

Also check the back lighting used. Newer models use LED, older and cheaper models use CCFL. Brand new TVs with CCFL may look good when brand new but will deteriorate over time.
nuno : n4 2.0 n4esa, n4vintage, n4 silver sparkle, n5, n6, n7, n8esa
etc : yjm, axis, jp6, jpxi, jp12, jp13, lp 58 vos, lp 57 ri, lp standard, lp trad, am strat, am tele deluxe, jem7v, uv777, rg prestige, j custom, deluxe reverb, vai legacy, jcm900, axefx

Offline norvin_mangunay

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2014, 08:07:06 AM »
Thanks for the tips Randy! The bad thing is, no matter how hard i would try to inspect them... it  would do no good coz I totally dont have an idea about what the ideal pixel size is, what full HD imposes, glare screens and how to inspect led lights.

On the bright side, your comment leads me to research more.

I was torn between a Samsung 48H5100 http://www.samsung.com/in/consumer/tv-audio-video/television/led-tv/UA48H5100ARLXL.

And a Sony Bravia 48
http://www.sony.com.ph/product/klv-40r472b

Do you think they are good choices? Both SRPs are about 49K. But can get them at flat 30 at the seasons sale. Cant afford 4K TVs as of the moment but could stretch my budget over 35 ;)
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 03:38:23 PM by norvin_mangunay »

Offline norvin_mangunay

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2014, 10:38:42 AM »
Thanks Mods, finally got 1 ;)

Offline randymarsh

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2014, 01:17:52 AM »
congrats!
nuno : n4 2.0 n4esa, n4vintage, n4 silver sparkle, n5, n6, n7, n8esa
etc : yjm, axis, jp6, jpxi, jp12, jp13, lp 58 vos, lp 57 ri, lp standard, lp trad, am strat, am tele deluxe, jem7v, uv777, rg prestige, j custom, deluxe reverb, vai legacy, jcm900, axefx

Offline norvin_mangunay

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2014, 08:01:42 AM »
congrats!
Thanks Randy! Now i need a right wall mount for this. Jeez. I thought Finding a wall mount was easy. There are like 4 to 5 different kinds.