hulika

Author Topic: Deleted Posts / Missing Posts / Remove Post Function *merged*  (Read 56728 times)

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
Re: Deleted Posts / Missing Posts / Post Counts *merged*
« Reply #100 on: May 07, 2012, 09:05:52 AM »
gunslinger, I'm curious...

The thread is 2 yrs old and the item was sold last January. As far as we are concerned, this is a completed deal and is technically a dead thread, hence subject for archiving. We have been in the process of consolidating old ads in the classifieds... why do the comments there concern you so much? Somehow, I'm reminded of that old saying about beating a dead horse.
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

Offline Gunslinger

• Tony Stark
« Reply #101 on: May 07, 2012, 10:48:24 AM »
gunslinger, I'm curious...

The thread is 2 yrs old and the item was sold last January. As far as we are concerned, this is a completed deal and is technically a dead thread, hence subject for archiving. We have been in the process of consolidating old ads in the classifieds... why do the comments there concern you so much? Somehow, I'm reminded of that old saying about beating a dead horse.

Not just 'the' item. If you saw how I kept my thread, you would know. Much like "saving the conversation for future reference".

If it is possible to revert it, then please let me know. If not and the new policy "ads will be up to 2 pages only", then I have no choice but to abide by the rules. Thanks!
Play   Guitar   To  Express..   Not   To   Impress.

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #102 on: May 08, 2012, 09:00:25 AM »
Deletion is not reversible.

Part of the mod's responsibilities is housekeeping and we have been trimming down on inactive threads and completed transactions, the latter of which your thread falls under. I apologize for any inconvenience, but there are certain mod actions we have to undertake in order to properly maintain this site.
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

Offline Vito Corleone

• Veteran Member
« Reply #103 on: May 25, 2012, 01:26:42 PM »
Dear Mods,

RE: Post Count

Not that this is important to me. I just want to report that my post counts are not synchronized. You can easily see that I have 333 post but when you visit my account and check my posts, I already have 671 (including this post).

That's all. Just reporting.

Cheers!

Vito

"I'm gonna make you an offer you can't refuse."

Offline markezekiel

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #104 on: May 25, 2012, 01:35:21 PM »
philmusicus addictus na ko once, biglang balik800+ post ko. hhehehe

Offline DiMarzSiao™

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #105 on: May 25, 2012, 01:37:59 PM »
Dear Mods,

Not that this is important to me. I just want to report that my post counts are not synchronized. You can easily see that I have 333 post but when you visit my account and check my posts, I already have 671 (including this post).

Cheers!

Vito
sya nga!

parang may nabasa ako dati regarding this.., na hindi nag a-add up yung mga posts sa AGT...

mine:
posts count: 662
actual posts: 1,138
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 01:41:11 PM by DiMarzSiao™ »

← ʍɐʎıɥ

Offline Vito Corleone

• Veteran Member
« Reply #106 on: May 25, 2012, 01:42:50 PM »
sya nga!

parang may nabasa ako dati regarding this.., na hindi nag a-add up yung mga posts sa AGT...

mine:
posts count: 662
actual posts: 1,138

Addictus ka na rin dapat Ser!  :-D

Offline DiMarzSiao™

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #107 on: May 25, 2012, 02:13:29 PM »
Addictus ka na rin dapat Ser!  :-D
:wink:

yung isang account ko: http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?action=profile;u=45351
posts count: 606
actual posts: 1220

← ʍɐʎıɥ

Offline jaylisto

how to delete my topic? pls help.
« Reply #108 on: May 31, 2012, 02:03:23 PM »
parang ang dami atang kulang ?

pano ako mag dedelete ng na istart na topic ko.?

pano ako mag uupload ng gusto kong pic sa icon ko dito.? how how how?

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
Re: how to delete my topic? pls help.
« Reply #109 on: May 31, 2012, 02:41:09 PM »

Offline jdr1524

• Veteran Member
« Reply #110 on: May 31, 2012, 11:31:34 PM »
Dear Mods,

Cheers!

Vito
Same here sir kanina ko lang napansin naging 260 na lang post ko from 490+ na ko eh.What happen? :-(

Offline Riff_6603

• Philmusicus Moderatus
  • Prime Moderator
« Reply #111 on: June 01, 2012, 01:03:34 AM »
Dear Mods,

Cheers!

Vito

it was a system glitch caused by the recent server migration. most, if not all posts got their numbers affected. most of the post counts that got affected were the ones either tied to a poll or were created/started by any forumite as the TS. No word as of yet as to how this could be fixed but we'll be coordinating with admin re this matter. thanks! :idea:

philmusicus addictus na ko once, biglang balik800+ post ko. hhehehe

Same here sir kanina ko lang napansin naging 260 na lang post ko from 490+ na ko eh.What happen? :-(

it might be possible that your posts were deleted due to the cleanups being done at either the classifieds or the forum boards. though it doesn't necessarily mean that your posts were intentionally deleted, it may had been that your posts were part of certain threads that had gone awry etc and had to be taken down, thus affecting the numbers for you and anybody else who posted alongside these various threads. please be reminded though that post counts should not be considered as a measure of worth, trust or tenure, since it's specific worth is only to measure online activity. people who post a lot of BS just to get higher post counts are just the same with people posting decent stuff when it comes to numbers. honestly, it's the content that matters at the end of the day. cheers! :mrgreen:

Offline Vito Corleone

• Veteran Member
« Reply #112 on: June 15, 2012, 11:51:20 AM »
@ Mod Riff_6603,
@ Forum Members,

Here's a possible answer to RE: Post Counts

Post counts are disabled in the AGT forums. You can post in Anything Goes as much as you like, but it won't add up.

Thus the discrepancy. I didn't actually check but I believe Mod KitC.

Offline voxmaster

• Philmusicus Noobitus
HOW TO DELETE WRONG POSTS
« Reply #113 on: June 22, 2012, 07:05:33 PM »

Just came back here...I forgot how to delete...previous posts.

Thanks
Lovete Flores
Studio84
SEC Registered

Offline Riff_6603

• Philmusicus Moderatus
  • Prime Moderator
Re: HOW TO DELETE WRONG POSTS
« Reply #114 on: June 22, 2012, 11:20:54 PM »
Look for the "X" icon at the lower left hand side of the thread. If you created the topic to begin with you can still edit it or even delete the whole post. Hope that helps! Welcome aboard and post often ok?

if it still doesn't work, PM us so we could take it out fer ya!

Offline yekoz

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #115 on: July 25, 2012, 08:35:41 AM »
This happened to me as well, from 700+ to 599 post. Maybe we could ask our dear beloved MODS after deletion of some post, just leave the counter as is.

e.g. actual post is 700, then deleted 100 = 600 (this should be not) " I want to be Philmusic Addictus... he he he

Thank you in advance,
Yekoz 8-)

Offline markezekiel

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #116 on: July 25, 2012, 11:31:28 AM »
This happened to me as well, from 700+ to 599 post. Maybe we could ask our dear beloved MODS after deletion of some post, just leave the counter as is.

e.g. actual post is 700, then deleted 100 = 600 (this should be not) " I want to be Philmusic Addictus... he he he

Thank you in advance,
Yekoz 8-)

and down to 251 post sir?

ok lang yan sir..

:) :)

Offline Riff_6603

• Philmusicus Moderatus
  • Prime Moderator
« Reply #117 on: July 25, 2012, 10:25:08 PM »
Maybe we could ask our dear beloved MODS after deletion of some post, just leave the counter as is.

even the greatest mathematical equations would not be able come up with an answer if such a thing could be possible.

FYI: post counts are either deleted due to:

1.) classifieds post which are already sold/done/reached tenure maturity (simply put - posts that are old enough to be retained).

2.) OT Posts - e.g. inappropriate bumps, UP's, one liners etc.

3.) Offensive threads/posts - if a thread is deleted, so does all the posts and post counts.

4.) SPAM posts

Well then, seems that most of your posts were part of those aforementioned criteria that's why they were removed/deleted. mods don't delete threads just for kicks mind you! it's hard work enough reading through each and every one, filtering out which ones should be retained or removed for that matter.

Here's a tip for anybody and/or everybody else that happens to have the same problem:

For every post or thread that gets deleted, you're allowing PM's server to get enough room to breathe; the site gets more space, leading to better performance and optimization. There won't be any clutter, bandwidth would be fully maximized to its full capacity. that ever-precious space that you paved the way for would be able to cater to more sensible posts, threads and topics that for sure you would be able to benefit from. so think about it, does your post count or ranking matter vs the greater good? regards!

Offline gunlak

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #118 on: July 25, 2012, 11:22:52 PM »
it doesn't really matter kung gano karami na posts mo..

just do good and contribute to the community.. eventually dadami rin yan.. at magkaka reputation ka rin dito

like mine di ko pinapansin 3k na pala.  :-o
CLICK TO see baกิิิิิิat boys FB page!!!also check out my other band Skylines Forget

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #119 on: July 27, 2012, 04:55:53 PM »
As the godfather has pointed out, post counts are disabled in the AGT forums. There were a lot of members posting in the AGT, but not in other boards which lead to them being addictus but not contributing ANY substance to the other boards. This led to the likelihood of assuming an 'air of respectability' under false pretenses therefore we decided to disable counts in the AGT. Another method some devious forumers would use were the ubiquitous UPs; some would up at least 10x a day so we put a stop to that practice and when we have time to peruse the older posts, we delete unnecessary UPs as much as possible - even some ups in closed/locked transactions. No, this action cannot be reversed.

This forum ain't no ragnarok, kids. Get over it.

Offline karlwilson

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #120 on: August 09, 2012, 05:38:54 PM »
my post counts are decreasing every single day..from 1300++ it is now down to  1,035..why is it so?  :roll:

Offline toybitz

« Reply #121 on: August 09, 2012, 06:04:40 PM »
Hi. Kindly backread. Or you can check out the stickies and the maintenance thread in the classifieds.

Thanks!
Tele bought 20K. Upgraded pots.  FS: 30K  Trade Value BS: 85K.  Deal tayo?

Offline chinopascual22

Question Sir Bakit bumaba rank ko to regular member
« Reply #122 on: August 11, 2012, 02:42:24 AM »
Good pm medyo na guguluhan lang po ako
dati nakung super member

bglang pag online ko regular member naklang ako????
bkit po ganun

thank you po sa mag papayo godbless you :)
KEEPERS OF THE FAITH

Offline qroon

• Tanod
  • Prime Moderator
Re: Question Sir Bakit bumaba rank ko to regular member
« Reply #123 on: August 11, 2012, 02:56:04 AM »
Just three threads below your post:

http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=268670.0

:)

Semper Erectus
Spur | Helical | Bevel | Hypoid | Crown | Epicyclic

Offline bumbum

• Veteran Member
« Reply #124 on: November 05, 2012, 03:04:29 PM »
My post count is reduced from 2000+ down to 400. From addictus to just being a super member. Pasensya na po pero mahalaga po kasi ang testimonies ng mga previous clients for references sa future transactions. I understand it's because of the clean up for more band width but as I look at the forums,i noticed na madaming members naman po ang super daming post counts. Medyo matagal na po ako dito sa philmusic and sobrang dami ng transactions with fellow forumites. Tanong ko lang po,lahat po ba ng members nabawasan ang post counts? Salamat po. Godbless!