hulika

Author Topic: ORANGE AMPS Users  (Read 39623 times)

Offline x_taxi

• Forum Fanatic
Re: ORANGE AMPS Users
« Reply #175 on: May 29, 2016, 10:22:56 AM »

Rocker 30 for the shimmery chimey cleans with the v30! That driver rules! Dark terror with the laney irt 112 cab stock no name drivers for the chugs! Switched with a cheap@$$ mooer ABY!
:razz::razz::razz:

Offline Skybox

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #176 on: May 29, 2016, 02:11:45 PM »

Rocker 30 for the shimmery chimey cleans with the v30! That driver rules! Dark terror with the laney irt 112 cab stock no name drivers for the chugs! Switched with a cheap@$$ mooer ABY!

Awesome rig bro! Does the Mooer ABY actually have a Y function where yu could run both amps at the same time?
#DigitalHiyaw

Offline x_taxi

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #177 on: May 29, 2016, 03:49:58 PM »
Awesome rig bro! Does the Mooer ABY actually have a Y function where yu could run both amps at the same time?

Thanks bro! The open back sounds great with the v30. Literally open sounding. Whereas yun closed back kayang kaya yun drop A na palm mute djenty [gooey brown stuff]. No idea sa drivers sa irt 112, pero it handles chuggu riffing very well. Maganda pagka-voice niya sa metal. Pangit sa cleans though. Walang character. Kinda dead sounding. Pero turn up the gain & it djents.

Yun mooer dapat yata AB lang yun tawag. The version i have wala Y na function kahit na ABY switch ang tawag dun. Maganda sana kung puede sabay.

Offline Skybox

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #178 on: May 30, 2016, 05:25:53 AM »
Thanks bro! The open back sounds great with the v30. Literally open sounding. Whereas yun closed back kayang kaya yun drop A na palm mute djenty [gooey brown stuff]. No idea sa drivers sa irt 112, pero it handles chuggu riffing very well. Maganda pagka-voice niya sa metal. Pangit sa cleans though. Walang character. Kinda dead sounding. Pero turn up the gain & it djents.

Yun mooer dapat yata AB lang yun tawag. The version i have wala Y na function kahit na ABY switch ang tawag dun. Maganda sana kung puede sabay.

That's what I thought so too. I've been looking for a decent ABY pedal that doesn't suck tone and so far the Radial Twin City looks to be the best bang for the buck. I got excited a bit to see a Mooer ABY but then I realized it must be a misnomer. The Orange Amp Detonator ABY looks fitting too but I think it's a bit more expensive.
#DigitalHiyaw

Offline x_taxi

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #179 on: May 30, 2016, 08:10:06 AM »
That's what I thought so too. I've been looking for a decent ABY pedal that doesn't suck tone and so far the Radial Twin City looks to be the best bang for the buck. I got excited a bit to see a Mooer ABY but then I realized it must be a misnomer. The Orange Amp Detonator ABY looks fitting too but I think it's a bit more expensive.

Yun version 2 ng mooer ABY yata ang may proper Y function. I believe its the black one. I have the gray version whichis the only one they have locally. Hanap din ako dati ng bigshot ABY ng radial. Or kahit yun morley na switch pero wala sa mga local stores.

Cool rig yun have with the twin mini stacks. The oranges cut through like a sledge hammer! Its those mids!

I see you also have the digitech whammy on your board. Ako rin its got a pemanent spot on mine!

Offline Skybox

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #180 on: May 31, 2016, 09:17:33 AM »
Yun version 2 ng mooer ABY yata ang may proper Y function. I believe its the black one. I have the gray version whichis the only one they have locally. Hanap din ako dati ng bigshot ABY ng radial. Or kahit yun morley na switch pero wala sa mga local stores.

Cool rig yun have with the twin mini stacks. The oranges cut through like a sledge hammer! Its those mids!

I see you also have the digitech whammy on your board. Ako rin its got a pemanent spot on mine!

Thanks bro. I need a Bigshot ABY din I wanna go wet dry eh. Pero ok naman stereo for now. Yup the Whammy 5 is the bomb indeed.

#DigitalHiyaw

Offline tackielarla

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #181 on: November 14, 2016, 09:41:34 PM »
Back for good. :D

These aren't the droids you're looking for...

Offline x_taxi

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #182 on: December 10, 2016, 10:07:35 AM »
Thanks bro. I need a Bigshot ABY din I wanna go wet dry eh. Pero ok naman stereo for now. Yup the Whammy 5 is the bomb indeed.

bro! may amp detonator sa jb! its a proper aby switch. gusto ko rin pero overbudget na ko with my "acquistions" this year.

Offline Skybox

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #183 on: December 10, 2016, 10:24:43 AM »
bro! may amp detonator sa jb! its a proper aby switch. gusto ko rin pero overbudget na ko with my "acquistions" this year.

Yup 6.2k sa JB kaso I abandoned the dual Micro stack setup na.
#DigitalHiyaw

Offline x_taxi

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #184 on: December 10, 2016, 01:04:03 PM »
Yup 6.2k sa JB kaso I abandoned the dual Micro stack setup na.

Medyo mahal nga din. Ano amps mo ngayon? Orange pa rin?

Offline Skybox

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #185 on: December 10, 2016, 08:28:04 PM »
Medyo mahal nga din. Ano amps mo ngayon? Orange pa rin?

Hindi na bro eh. I have succumbed to the dark side..
#DigitalHiyaw

Offline x_taxi

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #186 on: December 11, 2016, 10:43:17 AM »
Hindi na bro eh. I have succumbed to the dark side..

Hahaha! Im guessin you got a "metal" amp! Blackstar? Mesa dual rec? Randall? Spill the beans bro! Hahaha!

EDIT: saw the other thread. Those amps are pretty cool too.  Crazy loud little amps na may identity crisis (yun ISF, very similar to orange's shape knob na baliktad lang yun ikot). Actually have the metal ht myself. Great 1 watt combo while the kids are watchin tv. Ooops..... sorry sa OT.....
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 01:59:25 PM by x_taxi »

Offline joel_marcelo

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #187 on: December 12, 2016, 10:19:33 AM »
I traded my ZT Lunchbox Junior and Cry Baby Mini Wah to an Orange Micro Terror and Laney Cub Cab 2x12 with the intention of reselling the Micro Terror and buying a bigger head but the Micro Terror totally exceeded my expectations. Ganda pala neto! This head will stay with me for a while.

Offline Magus

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #188 on: December 13, 2016, 11:27:09 AM »
What's with the orange cabs ung 4x12. Ok daw ah?

Offline Queroberos

« Reply #189 on: December 15, 2016, 03:59:06 PM »
Any user ng Crush 20 and 30 2015 model? Ano mas sulit mga sir? Tamang bedroom practice and simpleng house jam lang. Baka kasi konti lang price diff nialang dalawa.

Salamat!
to each his own...

Offline tackielarla

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #190 on: December 15, 2016, 06:26:37 PM »
Any user ng Crush 20 and 30 2015 model? Ano mas sulit mga sir? Tamang bedroom practice and simpleng house jam lang. Baka kasi konti lang price diff nialang dalawa.

Salamat!

Crush 35. Thank me later. :wink:

Offline tackielarla

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #191 on: January 20, 2017, 05:07:45 PM »
New Rockers announced in NAMM.

:wink:

Offline dullFingers

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #192 on: January 27, 2017, 11:33:36 PM »
Recently bought a micro terror head. What's the best cab to pair with it? Thanks

Offline Skybox

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #193 on: January 30, 2017, 07:52:46 AM »
Recently bought a micro terror head. What's the best cab to pair with it? Thanks

Sounds great at bedroom levels with one Orange PPC108 (1x8) cab. Two PPC108 cabs for a bigger space like a small bar gig. You need two of those stacks to compete with a really hard hitting metal drummer (two MT heads and 4 1x8 cabs).

Yesterday, I rehearsed with it into my Blackstar HT112 cabinet and it was loud! Pretty much as loud as two PPC 108's but with different bottom end character. The bass is tighter with the 2x8 IMO. I played it with a Laney 2x12 as well and it was as lound as my 1x12 Blackstar but again with different bottom end character. The bass is more boomy with a 2x12 IMO.

I loved it in the mix with my Blackstar HT112 cab yesterday. I havent tried it with a 4x12 but people say it's amazing too.

Bottom line I guess is the MT sounds great through the proper cab in the proper venue. If you're micing your cab in a gig, a 1x12 is perfect as it is very portable and will do the job with ease.
#DigitalHiyaw

Offline dullFingers

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #194 on: January 30, 2017, 07:22:05 PM »
Thank you for the comprehensive reply sir. You have answered all the questions that were lingering in my mind. Cheers!

Sounds great at bedroom levels with one Orange PPC108 (1x8) cab. Two PPC108 cabs for a bigger space like a small bar gig. You need two of those stacks to compete with a really hard hitting metal drummer (two MT heads and 4 1x8 cabs).

Yesterday, I rehearsed with it into my Blackstar HT112 cabinet and it was loud! Pretty much as loud as two PPC 108's but with different bottom end character. The bass is tighter with the 2x8 IMO. I played it with a Laney 2x12 as well and it was as lound as my 1x12 Blackstar but again with different bottom end character. The bass is more boomy with a 2x12 IMO.

I loved it in the mix with my Blackstar HT112 cab yesterday. I havent tried it with a 4x12 but people say it's amazing too.

Bottom line I guess is the MT sounds great through the proper cab in the proper venue. If you're micing your cab in a gig, a 1x12 is perfect as it is very portable and will do the job with ease.

Offline Skybox

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #195 on: January 31, 2017, 05:24:16 PM »
Thank you for the comprehensive reply sir. You have answered all the questions that were lingering in my mind. Cheers!

Welcome bro. Happy to be of service. It's just amazing to hear the huge impact a guitar cabinet has on the tone and character of any amp. Even things like altering cabinet Q by changing between closed back, semi open back and fully open back is just plain mind-blowing.

For Micro Terror owners, I think it is nice to have both a 1x8 cab and a 1x12 cab so you can scale up or scale down your rig depending on the need.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 06:13:58 PM by Skybox »
#DigitalHiyaw

Offline Skybox

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #196 on: February 03, 2017, 07:55:25 PM »
Yin and Yang

#DigitalHiyaw

Offline cayle

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #197 on: February 03, 2017, 09:10:17 PM »
Yin and Yang

Bro between the micro dark and HT5, which has "more" gain?

Offline Skybox

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #198 on: February 05, 2017, 06:33:24 PM »
Bro between the micro dark and HT5, which has "more" gain?

They sound pretty much even in terns of volime anf gain. I'll try to do a versus video. I'm intrrested to hear them side by side as well
#DigitalHiyaw

Offline tackielarla

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #199 on: February 10, 2017, 04:19:01 PM »
Yin and Yang

Ah, you found one. Very nice.  :-D