hulika

Author Topic: ASUS  (Read 3228 times)

Offline vash1968

ASUS
« on: August 05, 2014, 08:03:19 AM »
What can you say about their phone and tablets?
boom [pichapie]!

Offline sonicassault

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: ASUS
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2014, 11:22:33 AM »
Pretty solid actually.
The phones have a certain heft to it; still light but not flimsy-feeling like the Samsung Galaxy S series.
Stick to the more expensive ones though, coz the low-end screens will drive you bonkers.
The tablets are quite light, but I cannot say anything about the durability. They do have an excellent
track record in durability across all their consumer products. Just don't go below the MemoPad HD7
and you're good. Light, nice screen, and features aren't too compromised.

ASUS used to be the OEM for the polycarbonate Apple MacBooks as well as the Google Nexus tablets.

Software-wise, I don't really like the ASUS-branded tweaks, so I turn off everything that could be turned
off. In the end, everything is Android anyway, so you're really looking at hardware here.

Personally, I'd always choose ASUS, except for high end phones to which I'll put my money on Sony.
https://soundcloud.com/sonicassault
Turn up the sympathsizer and give me more waffle.
olive oil garlic tomatoes salt pepper basil oregano thyme chili

Offline Alchemist0725

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2014, 10:42:19 AM »
thinking of buying Asus Zenfone 5, looks promising! can Intel atom dual-core compete with Quad-core? parang nababasa ko sa ibang forum, may mangilan-ngilang issue pa rin sa android software regarding intel procs?!
Who you?

Offline sonicassault

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2014, 11:19:32 AM »
It does look really nice. Spec-wise it looks good, and knowing ASUS products, their add-ons don't sacrifice
as much performance as their competitors (HP/Lenovo/etc). I did read that the battery life is miserable,
but hey, my iPhone lasts only four hours with mobile data on.

How aout a Mi3?

Offline vash1968

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2014, 12:07:33 PM »
thinking of buying Asus Zenfone 5, looks promising! can Intel atom dual-core compete with Quad-core? parang nababasa ko sa ibang forum, may mangilan-ngilang issue pa rin sa android software regarding intel procs?!

I'm also thinking of buying one too. ganda kasi ng specs.. parang yung mga tag 10k-13k ng ibang brand.
madami din nagagandahan sakanya. Sana may makapagbigay ng review dito sa mga nakagamit na ng zenfone hehe.
boom [pichapie]!

Offline sonicassault

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2014, 12:19:05 PM »
I'm also thinking of buying one too. ganda kasi ng specs.. parang yung mga tag 10k-13k ng ibang brand.
madami din nagagandahan sakanya. Sana may makapagbigay ng review dito sa mga nakagamit na ng zenfone hehe.

mahirap yan, kasi medyo konti ang may interest sa ASUS phones. Unlike dun sa Xiaomi, sobrang laki ng interest, taeng-[ice cream] ang Apple sa kanila!

Offline vash1968

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2014, 01:36:21 PM »
mahirap yan, kasi medyo konti ang may interest sa ASUS phones. Unlike dun sa Xiaomi, sobrang laki ng interest, taeng-[ice cream] ang Apple sa kanila!

MIC ba ang Xiaomi? madalas ko nga nakikita sa net ung mi3 vs zenfone 5 ata.
tignan ko nga reviews nyan hehe..
boom [pichapie]!

Offline sonicassault

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2014, 03:20:50 PM »
MIC ba ang Xiaomi? madalas ko nga nakikita sa net ung mi3 vs zenfone 5 ata.
tignan ko nga reviews nyan hehe..

Yes, but so are iPhones! Xiaomi releases low volumes of phones, and most are sold in China, and it takes less than 15 minutes to sell EVERYTHING. That implies that they are using high quality components and assembly methods, unlike most other phones in the price range. Zenfone naman malamang MIT, kasi Taiwan ang ASUS, though not sure because their lower tier phones and tablets are surely MIC.

Xiaomi is like the better version of Huawei. Where Huawei gained its value because it is a high quality OEM just like ASUS and Lenovo, Xiaomi is a step further by matching and/or exceeding Huawei quality hardware with features you can only find in top tier Korean and Japanese phones, for absurdly cheap prices.

Offline Alchemist0725

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2014, 03:53:22 PM »
Yup, its a premium phone from China. I'm also eyeing for Mi3, based sa mga nababasa ko Online lang yata ang distribution nito walang "physical store". Though, high quality components ang ginamit nila, ang inaalala ko lang kung malas ka at "lemon" ang nakuha mo paano kaya ang after sales service nito?

Who you?

Offline sonicassault

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2014, 05:30:25 PM »
Yup, its a premium phone from China. I'm also eyeing for Mi3, based sa mga nababasa ko Online lang yata ang distribution nito walang "physical store". Though, high quality components ang ginamit nila, ang inaalala ko lang kung malas ka at "lemon" ang nakuha mo paano kaya ang after sales service nito?

I remember they officially launched the Mi3 here, so there will be support. However, I'm not sure if they'll be setting up service shops or accrediting service centers, OR we'd have to ship it back. If it's the latter, well, tough luck.

Lemons are inevitable with any company, though I trust that they use industry-standard QA. Yun nga lang, since there are no brick and mortar stores for the Mi3, good luck talaga.

Offline candyapplered

ASUS Zenfone 6
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2014, 01:24:02 PM »
a few weeks ago, i was shopping around for a phablet (a device with a 5-inch display, at least) and did my research. i rounded off my choices to a few Lenovo handsets and the ASUS Zenfone 6.

last week, i ended up buying the Zenfone 6 because of the excellent reviews that i've read online and the SD card slot option. finding a dealer wasn't easy, though: most stores carry only the Zenfone 4 and 5 variants, and even the ASUS shops have yet to carry it in their inventory. i really wanted to buy the red one, but the store i bought it from only had black, which wasn't a bad choice after all.

i intend to use it as a multimedia device more than anything else, and it hardly disappoints. the 6-inch gorilla glass screen is ideal for video playback and browsing pictures, though i wish the display could have been made a little brighter. the dual-core Intel Atom processor handles all downloaded applications well, and i have yet to experience a serious lag or an unexpected restart. battery life lasts about more than 18 hours with moderate mobile browsing and gaming. the rear and front cameras perform well under low lighting, as advertised. it came up a bit short in the audio department, though: the speakers were quite weak, and their positioning at the back dampens the volume further especially if you're palming the device from behind.

given its features, i think it's a steal for its price. more expensive phablets may have brighter screens and better resolution, but the Zenfone 6 matches up well in terms of user interface, camera performance, battery life, and processing power. even if it's made of almost entirely plastic, it's got the appearance and design factor of a pricier device. i wouldn't recommend it for people who plan to use it just for simple cellphone functions: it's too huge to use with just one hand, and it's not as portable as other models that you can keep in your pocket.