hulika

Author Topic: Why do corksniffers hate everything that is made in China?  (Read 28387 times)

Offline Bolt Thrower

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Why do corksniffers hate everything that is made in China?
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2011, 11:11:31 PM »
I'd rather choose Indonesian or Korean over Chinese. For me, their craftsmanship is not yet "there". A Japanese made guitar will probably last longer. And I'm just not a fan of how the mainland Chinese do their business. They will cut corners if they can sell more. The Japanese are more quality driven.

...And maybe the paint they use has some formalin or something toxic. lol

Offline Bolt Thrower

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2011, 11:20:02 PM »
But in terms of sound design in audio, the japanese have never beat the americans and europeans in coming up with amps and speakers that sound good despite their economic dominance.  In short, hindi talent ng mga Japanese ang gumawa ng magagandang tunog na audio -- there are exceptions of course but not the norm.

Hmmmm, historically they never tried to, anyway. They never specialized into making big name amps. Domestic artists too choose foreign amps so there is no demand. Them being heavy on image, their artists are more interested with custom guitars more than amps. There were attempts, yes especially with hand made tube amps for lounge bands...but as a national industry, there was no significant effort to match the Americans or the Europeans. 

Now, if we are talking about digital effects and stompboxes, that's another story.

Offline teleclem

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2011, 11:40:46 PM »
the same reason why some people buy the iphone over those chinese knockoffs...

But then.. these are made in china too. So that means they can get it right. :-D 

Tight regulations & control can do the trick, I guess. If you see the pics of Foxconn plants (one of Apple's makers), parang nakakatakot magstay doon. Everything seems to be controlled.

Offline stringman

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2011, 11:51:51 PM »
What Japan was about 20 years is just like the China we have today. A lot of knockoffs and lawsuits. There's still room to improve within the next 10 years.
I have stated that there are more bad sounding suhrs then there are good ones.

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2011, 12:06:08 AM »
But then.. these are made in china too. So that means they can get it right. :-D 

Tight regulations & control can do the trick, I guess. If you see the pics of Foxconn plants (one of Apple's makers), parang nakakatakot magstay doon. Everything seems to be controlled.

Even with tight regulations, have you checked the warranty on Iphones?  Would you prefer an amp or guitar that lasts only a year or so?

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2011, 12:07:52 AM »
What Japan was about 20 years is just like the China we have today. A lot of knockoffs and lawsuits. There's still room to improve within the next 10 years.

Unfortunately, MIA guitars and amps still rule over Japanese made guitars and amps on the average even today.

Offline stringman

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2011, 12:11:23 AM »
Unfortunately, MIA guitars and amps still rule over Japanese made guitars and amps on the average even today.

I agree with that. The Japs are not half as bad either.

Offline mrslow96

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2011, 12:18:01 AM »
baka sa sahod din siguro mas mura nag sahod ng chinese employee kay mas mura compare sa ibang countries

Offline 7stringmachine

« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2011, 12:26:19 AM »
Chinese make's the most out of anything. for i am one, yeah in any situation i would choose MIA or MIJ guitars, but again economically speaking :) not all musician's have the moohlah to purchase those, thank china atleast somehow we can buy those re-labored things :D imagine if there was no china, everything will be so expensive
Dang! someone just got schooled:)

Offline teleclem

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2011, 12:29:38 AM »
Even with tight regulations, have you checked the warranty on Iphones?  Would you prefer an amp or guitar that lasts only a year or so?

No, of course not. :) I do agree that right now, nothing from China could probably beat an expertly made amp/guitar/pedal from the us/uk. They probably don't have the know how that builders from the us/uk have (which is understandable since electric guitars have historically been more popular/visible in the us/uk). 50 years down the road.. No one knows how things will be.

I do like my iphone though. It's more reliable than the other phones i've had. The warranty's as good as any today. That said, all those phones are from China. It just shows how they are capable of making a product that's better than what is normally expected.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 12:31:53 AM by teleclem »

BodomNight

« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2011, 12:31:31 AM »
hehehe apple macbook pro made in china din eh hehe

pero parts japan yata .. pati mga nike o adidas shoes man dami ng made in china pero US galing yung parts..

Offline teleclem

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2011, 12:45:54 AM »
hehehe apple macbook pro made in china din eh hehe

Yeahh. Pero hindi mo mahahalata talaga unless you look at the label. Same goes for other high priced 'quality' gadgets.

The thing is.. As guitarists, we tend to not like mass produced gear (hence the growing number of independent makers). With them, we get obsessive attention to detail, excellent service, and (most of the time) good tone. Most of the time, we don't get that from China..

Yet.

Offline burnsbhm

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2011, 12:47:28 AM »
Yeah... wait til you hear my english made AC30 re-issue modified ad infinitum... heh heh

Ok lang, siguro naman di hamak na mas maayos ang tunog ng made in UK. Pero di pahuhuli yun Chinese made na yun. Lahat ng kagrupo ko natuwa sa tunog, yung tech hindi namroblema sa akin, that's all I need for a great gig.

Tsaka na lang si UK pag pinagpala ako ng pera. Pero uunahin ko muna pakakain ko sa pamilya ko o tuition ng magiging anak ko.

Luxury na sa akin yan.
RJ LP Std.,Jackson DK2,Burns Brian May,Fender MIM Strat,Valencia EClassical,Nady UHF4,EHX Screaming Bird,Vox V847,Vox V830,Vox Tonelab SE,Vox Pathfinder 15R/Visual Sound J&H,Ibanez TS9 OD,MXR Analog Chorus, Boss BF2,Boss DD2,Line 6 Echo Park

Offline burnsbhm

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2011, 12:48:33 AM »
On the other hand, meron naman talagang masagwang gawa sa China. Ganun din sa Japan, US, UK, kahit saan....

Basta value for money ako lagi. That is my rule of thumb.
RJ LP Std.,Jackson DK2,Burns Brian May,Fender MIM Strat,Valencia EClassical,Nady UHF4,EHX Screaming Bird,Vox V847,Vox V830,Vox Tonelab SE,Vox Pathfinder 15R/Visual Sound J&H,Ibanez TS9 OD,MXR Analog Chorus, Boss BF2,Boss DD2,Line 6 Echo Park

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2011, 01:43:55 AM »
Bogner Alchemist
Jet City amps (Soldano)
Marshall MA series

These aren't as topnotch as their USA/UK-made models but why a lot of flak?  Just because the Chinese are known for their sweatshops, IP dishnoesty and poor QC?  Not everything made in China is objectionable.

im a bit confused with the topic and some of the examples you provided, you mean everything that comes out of china(regardless of other factors) is absolute crap?

edit:

i'd like to extend and focus on the amps mentioned..between those 3 when it comes to a usable drive channel, i'd pick Marshall MA and the Bogner..they can give some good sounds..

but lets talk about why these amps are even manufactured there..its all about profit..and its not good..it may be the current trend nowadays but i would expect full support from the company who sells these..thats about it..if they fail they should support it

« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 08:45:34 AM by bryanarzaga »

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2011, 01:46:29 AM »
:mrgreen: china always concentrates on Quantity not Quality. ive been here in china for years and personally i dont like most of their works especially in mainland. and i think, this is due also of the way they run their business. they dont like to waste any of the stuffs they make as long as they can sell it even if its broken or it has a bit problem( they even know that deep inside)  :lol:
  some things they sell just come out the factory broken.. and what hurts me more is they still have the guts to sell it :| .  the only consulation you can get is they will give you something like 'one year Product Warranty" of the stuff that you purchase and thats actually fooling you completely in disguise because logically they do really want you come back to show how kind they are to entertain you without even knowing that you're going to waste another money for some new stuffs they prepare for you to see :lol:..
 thats the truth guys. it happened most of the time here. but if you really want to buy stuffs from China, i recommend products by which originates or made from Hongkong and Taiwan!!! ROCK ON!  :wink:

such as?

Offline rowley75

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2011, 01:50:53 AM »
On the other hand, meron naman talagang masagwang gawa sa China. Ganun din sa Japan, US, UK, kahit saan....

+1. nobody's perfect. except if God made the gear for you.:-D
Live by honor, Kill by stealth.

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2011, 01:52:38 AM »
Naging stereotype na kasi na pag made in China, poor QC na agad..

I wouldn't care where it is made, as long as maganda tunog and reliable naman.  :-)

its good to know not everybody here puts the cart before the horse..

im'a sick and tired of this generalization B.S

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2011, 02:10:27 AM »

and vice versa

Quality, that is another factor..and i agree

Offline arkinet

• Veteran Member
« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2011, 03:46:19 AM »
As they say, the grass is greener on the other side of the fence, like jap cars so expensive and highly valued than US cars here, pero baliktad sa Asia, or european cars, vice versa. Daming factor, demand, marketing, etc etc.
Pareho lang regarding guitars. And reputation plays big too, lalo nat me "mythical history" na, plus celebrity endorsements, blah blah.
Personally, I like US guitars, though dont have a lot kasi mahirap lang tayo, I played G&L, Carvin, Hamer USA, got my hand on some custom Gibson and fenders. But lo and behold, my hand is more comfortable playing an MIC peavey generation vintage. Though I still have the US made, maybe for just the notion of having it :) , I always go back to peavey, kept modding it and I like the simplicity and proportion of it, plus I like the sound with the upgraded electronics.
I know its very subjective, but if you can afford a US made, why not.
Lets put it this way, US made, collectibles and pang display. MIC, workhorse :) and of course, personal opinion ko yan and I'm entitled to it  :-D

And going back the question: Maybe they just have some bad experience with an MIC product, plus all these online reviews that I find disorienting. No offense to some,  but people are quite opinionated on this topic.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 03:52:03 AM by arkinet »
\"...pure and simple, is the heart that stay's free...\" sc chapman

Offline Darkgcleff

« Reply #45 on: June 03, 2011, 04:01:16 AM »
+1

Offline stringman

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #46 on: June 03, 2011, 07:23:21 AM »
A bit off topic. My son has a Play Station Portable bought in the US. I was surprised to see that the charger was "Made In The Philippines". And the Class A chargers in Greenhills is made in China. :-D

Offline hollowtech

• Netizen Level
« Reply #47 on: June 03, 2011, 08:11:44 AM »
these snobs are reinforcing the fact that they have money and the rest don't. sa totoo lang iilan lang naman ang pwede maka-afford ng 4 digit $ gears. the majority simply can't afford them, so why dangle it in their faces. eh hanggang picture lang naman kaya, kahit siguro marinig ang mga expensive gears na yan eh hindi sila magkakaroon ng chance. but these expensive MIA gears would be useless sa kamay ng collector lang. on the other hand, MIC gears create real music sa kamay ng deft players..  
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 08:40:40 AM by hollowtech »

Offline rolexm

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #48 on: June 03, 2011, 08:20:36 AM »
Not saying I hate things made in China. I love Chinese people.  :lol:

But some people do, because they can. They don't want to risk the stuff you mentioned because they have the buying power to get something not made with cheap labor. But it's wrong to force the issue to other people.  :-)

Offline guitarman8294

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #49 on: June 03, 2011, 08:22:34 AM »
I'd choose Korean made guitar parts/accessories over China. As mentioned, quantity ang priority ng China. 8-)