hulika

Author Topic: Why do corksniffers hate everything that is made in China?  (Read 28372 times)

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
Why do corksniffers hate everything that is made in China?
« on: June 02, 2011, 06:33:16 PM »
Bogner Alchemist
Jet City amps (Soldano)
Marshall MA series

These aren't as topnotch as their USA/UK-made models but why a lot of flak?  Just because the Chinese are known for their sweatshops, IP dishnoesty and poor QC?  Not everything made in China is objectionable.

Offline juan_alderete

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Why do corksniffers hate everything that is made in China?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2011, 06:41:00 PM »
sama mo narin yung new vox ac30's na mic,

Offline Tasty

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 07:32:45 PM »
I've owned a China-made Peavey tele and loved it. I only sold it because just like most non-Ibanez guitars, it was a bit uncomfortable to play for me (and I needed a guitar with a trem and at least 22 frets at the time). I generally don't care where the things I use come from as long as they do what I need them to do.

By the way, this thread has some serious potential to turn real ugly.
Change the way you gig with innovative gear upgrades from gigkitty!

Offline cayle

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2011, 07:47:06 PM »
Naging stereotype na kasi na pag made in China, poor QC na agad..

I wouldn't care where it is made, as long as maganda tunog and reliable naman.  :-)

Offline burnsbhm

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2011, 07:54:52 PM »
If it's good, I don't care where it is made.

But if it is locally made and well-made....then of course sa local ako.

For the first time in my life I was able to use an AC30 3 weeks ago sa Bellevue hotel. Man, I don't even have to go to 2 on the volume, ang taba na ng tunog ko and it is already heard clearly all over the stage.

The soundman has no problem kasi ang hina ng amp ko. He had a swell time on the boards with me.

The amp was of course made in China!
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 08:01:40 PM by burnsbhm »
RJ LP Std.,Jackson DK2,Burns Brian May,Fender MIM Strat,Valencia EClassical,Nady UHF4,EHX Screaming Bird,Vox V847,Vox V830,Vox Tonelab SE,Vox Pathfinder 15R/Visual Sound J&H,Ibanez TS9 OD,MXR Analog Chorus, Boss BF2,Boss DD2,Line 6 Echo Park

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2011, 07:57:45 PM »
Maybe they can't accept na minsan may MIC na very much comparable with MIA. Or if not at par, the price difference does a huge plus.

Offline kimhags

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2011, 08:04:50 PM »

I wouldn't care where it is made, as long as maganda tunog and reliable naman.  :-)

this. my guitar is MIC and I don't have any problems with it. it's built pretty well and sounds awesome.  :-)

Offline Van*

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2011, 09:06:58 PM »
wala kasing hiyaw.
What you own, owns you.

Offline shodawmoon

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2011, 09:08:11 PM »
Squier Classic Vibe series guitars are made in china.

and I love them.

Offline metalheadz

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2011, 09:09:01 PM »
this. my guitar is MIC and I don't have any problems with it. it's built pretty well and sounds awesome.  :-)
same here :-)
maybe because some MIC's are better than MIA's that the MIA user still say's that their's is still better than the MIC gear.

I love my Ibby :-D
Psalm 119:105
Colossians 2:8
"We love because he first loved us." - 1 John 4:19

Offline robo-rat

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2011, 10:01:06 PM »
to be honest, kung may pera ako id rather buy us or japan made..

Offline gunlak

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2011, 10:03:12 PM »
i attest SX's basta marunong at alam mo kung pano ang tamang setup good to go na itong mga to.

maganda pang modding platforms ang mga ito. do anything you want to it, almost 5k+ lang naman mga yan pero the build and materials are top notch.
CLICK TO see baกิิิิิิat boys FB page!!!also check out my other band Skylines Forget

Offline Gunslinger

• Tony Stark
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2011, 10:09:03 PM »
Hit or miss.

Why do corksniffers hate everything that is made in China?

A name came into mind. lulz
Play   Guitar   To  Express..   Not   To   Impress.

Offline alvinratsim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2011, 10:10:49 PM »
to be honest, kung may pera ako id rather buy us or japan made..
Me too. Just being honest, most of all the good stuff come from us, uk or japan and that is a fact.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 10:16:47 PM by alvinratsim »
"If you want to play like the big boys, you've got to play what the big boys play"

Offline bluesman_jsb

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2011, 10:10:50 PM »
 :mrgreen: china always concentrates on Quantity not Quality. ive been here in china for years and personally i dont like most of their works especially in mainland. and i think, this is due also of the way they run their business. they dont like to waste any of the stuffs they make as long as they can sell it even if its broken or it has a bit problem( they even know that deep inside)  :lol:
  some things they sell just come out the factory broken.. and what hurts me more is they still have the guts to sell it :| .  the only consulation you can get is they will give you something like 'one year Product Warranty" of the stuff that you purchase and thats actually fooling you completely in disguise because logically they do really want you come back to show how kind they are to entertain you without even knowing that you're going to waste another money for some new stuffs they prepare for you to see :lol:..
 thats the truth guys. it happened most of the time here. but if you really want to buy stuffs from China, i recommend products by which originates or made from Hongkong and Taiwan!!! ROCK ON!  :wink:
yo, people!

Offline teleclem

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2011, 10:13:05 PM »
If it's good, it's good. That's what I try to follow with gear. If Behringer, for some reason, suddenly comes out with an amp that can "beat" a Matchless/"boutique" amp from the States or UK, I'd be first in line. :-)

That said, all the hate has got to come from somewhere. Sure, the hate is a good example of exaggerating/hasty generalization, but I myself have had stuff that were MIC that were subpar at best. That's not to say that there aren't any pieces of junk from the US or other places. Simply said, stigma na rin ng China yun for now, di lang galing sa corksniffers.

Sorry if it's ot but corksniffer reminded me of this :lol:

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2011, 10:24:22 PM »
Bogner Alchemist
Jet City amps (Soldano)
Marshall MA series

These aren't as topnotch as their USA/UK-made models but why a lot of flak?  Just because the Chinese are known for their sweatshops, IP dishnoesty and poor QC?  Not everything made in China is objectionable.

Skunky, obviously there is some compromise with quality or sound compared to their top of the line Made in America or Made in UK models.  So, in a nutshell, the china made stuff do NOT hold a candle to the Boutique stuff made in UK and America.  Even Russian AK47s are better made than their Chinese equivalents.

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2011, 10:26:56 PM »
If it's good, I don't care where it is made.

But if it is locally made and well-made....then of course sa local ako.

For the first time in my life I was able to use an AC30 3 weeks ago sa Bellevue hotel. Man, I don't even have to go to 2 on the volume, ang taba na ng tunog ko and it is already heard clearly all over the stage.

The soundman has no problem kasi ang hina ng amp ko. He had a swell time on the boards with me.

The amp was of course made in China!

Yeah... wait til you hear my english made AC30 re-issue modified ad infinitum... heh heh
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 10:32:44 PM by firemodel55 »

Offline pualux

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2011, 10:30:50 PM »
the same reason why some people buy the iphone over those chinese knockoffs...

Offline ibanez_guy

« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2011, 10:32:26 PM »
kanya kanyang taste lang. there are people who prefer to buy MIA or MIJ even if the MIC are almost the same quality or built. hating MIC maybe elitist, but there are people who are like that.

we just have to live with it. people are free to express their opinions, they may look like snobs or trying hard social climbers, but it's their right.  :-(

Offline Silaw

• Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2011, 10:36:41 PM »

japan postwar had this reputation among the electronics world. then some entities stepped up (sony ring a bell?) and the rest is history.

with china's drive to be the premier economic superpower, who knows what's going to happen in several years or so.
Could I have been anyone other than me?
Could I have been anyone?

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2011, 10:57:40 PM »
kanya kanyang taste lang. there are people who prefer to buy MIA or MIJ even if the MIC are almost the same quality or built. hating MIC maybe elitist, but there are people who are like that.

we just have to live with it. people are free to express their opinions, they may look like snobs or trying hard social climbers, but it's their right.  :-(

Eh... teka muna may mga MIA na hindi talaga maabutan ng MIC in terms of robustness and sound quality.  Its a matter of performance assessment more than just saying its an individual's right.

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2011, 11:00:36 PM »
wala kasing hiyaw.

Tumpak... Wala nga. Kailangan pa ba i-memorize iyan?

Jokes aside mayroon naman sana.

Offline alvinratsim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2011, 11:01:49 PM »
Eh... teka muna may mga MIA na hindi talaga maabutan ng MIC in terms of robustness and sound quality.  Its a matter of performance assessment more than just saying its an individual's right.
This is a fact.
"If you want to play like the big boys, you've got to play what the big boys play"

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2011, 11:05:41 PM »
japan postwar had this reputation among the electronics world. then some entities stepped up (sony ring a bell?) and the rest is history.

with china's drive to be the premier economic superpower, who knows what's going to happen in several years or so.

But in terms of sound design in audio, the japanese have never beat the americans and europeans in coming up with amps and speakers that sound good despite their economic dominance.  In short, hindi talent ng mga Japanese ang gumawa ng magagandang tunog na audio -- there are exceptions of course but not the norm.