hulika

Author Topic: tama bang pagbasehan ang galing ng drummer depende sakanyang endorsement?  (Read 6795 times)

Offline marvinq

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: tama bang pagbasehan ang galing ng drummer depende sakanyang endorsement?
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2006, 07:03:48 PM »
...It' jus the same case why Sharon Cuneta endorses lots of products in the Philipppines. PHCare anyone? heheh.

I play session keyboards for Sharon Cuneta, and I know for a fact that she chooses what she endorses, and would have earned so much more endorsement money than she already does if she did otherwise and just accepted every offer that came to her table.

well, since we're talking about her... then let's talk about her drummers -- that's either the legendary Roy Mercado (ace session drummer -- and if anybody dares challenge this, then show me another pinoy drummer who currently does more session work than he does), or the great Jorge San Jose (of ugoy-ugoy, among many other bands), both of whom carry no endorsements whatsoever, and are making good music, making good use of drumming tools and equipment from various brands, and endorsing nothing.

Wala silang endorsement deals, pero mas marami silang gig kesa dun sa mga meron...

I take artists' endorsements on a case to case basis. I'd be happy to buy (assuming I could afford it) anything endorsed by John JR Robinson, Steve Gadd, Dave Weckl, Vinnie Colaiuta, Russ Miller, Harvey Mason, among several others, if only I was a drummer. So in that respect, marketing products via endorsments do work. I pick the endorsers I listen to. If in my opinion those endorsers have reached artistic integrity, then I listen to what they have to say.

Now, if only Steve Gadd would endorse PH care.... haha :lol:
« Last Edit: November 16, 2006, 07:25:12 PM by marvinq »
============
Marvin Querido
http://www.facebook.com/MVQMusic ============

Offline kibohead

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2006, 07:30:59 PM »
bro, marami pa jan na magagaling na drummers di lang nabibigyan ng break...madami talaga. :-D
godbless.

Offline pmack

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2006, 08:31:39 PM »
correct kayong lahat.
brand exposure is the name of the game.
kung sikat ka, malamang endorsed ka.
kung hindi ka sikat, suwertihan lang din...

Offline starfugger

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2006, 02:07:54 AM »
Now, if only Steve Gadd would endorse PH care.... haha :lol:
... glad i was drinking coke just about the same time i was reading this.  lol. 

i shouldnt name names but there was once this endorser in whom i had no faith whatsoever that i seriously thought even just a few months of practice (or stamina building) would make me a better drummer than that guy. lol.  i was young and foolish then  :lol:
FOR RENT: Canon 550D, Canon 60D, Glidecam (Machinist), Toribio Slider EX with a pair of tripods for mounting, 2 1000W Lights with 9ft stands, Zoom H4, Rode Video Mic, Portable LED Lights 09154574744