hulika

Author Topic: How to quit smoking?  (Read 4514 times)

Offline Magus

• Forum Fanatic
How to quit smoking?
« on: May 04, 2014, 12:30:30 PM »

Whats the best way to quit smoking?

I've been smoking since college and now decided its time to get rid of the habit.

Any suggestions?

Offline 24242009

• Forum Fanatic
Re: How to quit smoking?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2014, 03:42:08 PM »
Whats the best way to quit smoking?

I've been smoking since college and now decided its time to get rid of the habit.

Any suggestions?

smoke one pack straight for two days, in short allow your self na mag - sawa sa bisyo. kasi ang yosi hinahanap hanap ng katawan yan, kasi nakaka-miss. so now make yourself like it to not like it

then pag nagsawa ka na, stop
may possibility kasi na bumalik ka pag na-miss mo ang yosi

then engage in sports..then start from there...do sports more often..

thats how i quit smoking, it may not be applicable to everyone but thats why I did

Offline Magus

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2014, 07:16:03 PM »
Thanks man. I get the idea, theres a problem though, minsan kasi when Im at work, it became a stress relief on breaks..tapos madami din nagyayaya.

Meron urge eh, tapos ung feeling ng withdrawal after a day without smoking.

Paano kaya matatangal ung craving?

Offline fretboard

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 02:42:08 PM by fretboard »
try mo kayang kalabitin baka tumunog...

Offline sigangpusa

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2014, 03:38:30 PM »
Nasa isip lang yan pag temp ka ni nicotine, alisin mo lang sa utak mo lalo na pag stress ka i-kain mo nalang gawa ka ng bagay na pang-distruct kay nicotine. pero kung trip mo cya nandyan lang sa tabi mo hawakan mo lang pero wag mo sindihan.

Offline tipipeski

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2014, 01:04:23 PM »
Sakin, effective ang pagbabawas once.

I consumed almost 10 sticks per day.

tapos naging 5 sticks per day.. (bfast, meryenda, lunch, meryenda, dinner)
then, naging 3 sticks.. (bfast, lunch, dinner)
then naging 2, for (lunch/dinner)
at naging 1 for Lunch

While sticking to 1 day per stick, i tried involving in sports.. i tried running
that time, hinahapo ako  on my 200m of run.. as in, hindi nag eexpan ung lungs.. hirap huminga..

after that.. i didnt quit padin.. but i came on smoking occasionally, make myself guilty after that..

then.. tumakbo pa rin ako.. until, nakayanan ko ng hindi magsmoke.. even while drinking..

try mo din maging active sa ibang activities, like sa church, office, family affairs, mas may chance magstop ang desidido mag stop talaga.. kesa sa pinipilit lang..

this is just the 1% information, the other 99% is action.

and now.. im smoke free na.. ilang taon narin :)

college life is my darkest days..
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 04:33:45 PM by tipipeski »
 | God's Love Never Fails

Offline mozart123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2014, 03:33:30 PM »
tatay ko nag quit lang no nicotine pads nothing  basta tinigil nya.
check out my new page:Condo for sale Luzon.

Offline eug

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2014, 11:30:59 PM »
Mag candy? ^ :-o
"Live your dream"

Offline ron_rd57

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2014, 04:53:15 AM »
Mag candy? ^ :-o
sabi ng erpat ko before everytime he has an urge to smoke, to satisfy his cravings nag cacandy nalang siya..
yun natigil nya hangang ngayon ndi na siya nagiismoke..

Offline Magus

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2014, 07:13:12 AM »
May candy din ako palagi.. Kaya ko labanan ung craving on a normal day at pag sa bahay lng ako.Pero pag tapos ng medyo matinding trabaho or kailangan ng matinding pagiisip.. Eto n.. Sinde nanaman. Lalo pag kasama mga kaibigan sa opisina.

Offline eug

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2014, 03:40:52 PM »
Uso na ngayon e-cigarettes di ba? Meron yung flavor na walang nicotine.. :-)
"Live your dream"

Offline sonicassault

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2014, 01:32:45 PM »
Vaping/e-cigs is one, but I suggest you buy it from those vape shops who have really experienced staff. You'd know coz they have the same vibe as the music shops you go to. They can mod/customize the vaporizer kit you buy to better imitate the hit of an analog (aka real tobacco cigarettes). Wala kasing hit yung vape na straight out of the box. It comes in really cool flavors too. I bet you can't buy bacon flavored cigs for roughly the same price as a regular one!

Or if not that maybe you can switch to legit cigars/cigarillos/pipes. Those ones are expensive, you'd be forced to smoke just one or two a day. Also, you don't inhale it like normal cigs because it's not actually meant to be inhaled all the way to the lungs. The smoke from a pipe/cigar is meant to stay in the mouth because you're there to taste the flavor, not infiltrate your lungs with smoke. Plus side: you get to be an effing tobacco connoisseur!
https://soundcloud.com/sonicassault
Turn up the sympathsizer and give me more waffle.
olive oil garlic tomatoes salt pepper basil oregano thyme chili

Offline Magus

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2014, 01:42:30 PM »
Ok to ah. Very interesting.. Modded Vape or legit Tobacco. Ill try these. Thanks man.
Pero question, ano ung safe n vape? Parang may nabasa n ko before na parang delikado daw? Or mas delikado p sa yosi?

Offline sonicassault

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2014, 02:36:40 PM »
Ok to ah. Very interesting.. Modded Vape or legit Tobacco. Ill try these. Thanks man.
Pero question, ano ung safe n vape? Parang may nabasa n ko before na parang delikado daw? Or mas delikado p sa yosi?

Most vapers naman actually mod their vapes to have bigger intake holes and that kind of stuff, because stock vape configs parang flavored air lang, walang hit.

One research showed that vape can be just as dangerous (carcinogenic) as regular burnt tobacco products when a vaper sets the temperature too hot, turning the propylene glycol (main ingredient of e-juice) into formaldehyde (not a chemist so I can't vouch for that). However, even then, the absence of nicotine and particulates makes it safer and a lesser evil than cigs, and probably just as bad as sucralose (Splenda) -containing food.

As far as other myths about  the safety of vaping, like water filled lungs, that's largely untrue. Eh yung nakababad nga sa sauna na puro water vapor normal ang baga eh. But hey, if your lungs do fill up with water, at least you can flush that out, unlike the tar and particulates from smoke. The real danger in vaping is the quality of the gear and  the juice. Check the atomizer/tank, body, and battery and see if the edges are smooth, not dusty and free of debris. See if it's made of legit steel or other strong material, not some weak aluminum shiz that might melt. See if the battery is not damaged or rusty, coz that can exlpode, obviously. Try to ask where they get their e-juice. If they say it's a blend from China, that's okay, but smell and taste it if you can. It should be the same consistency as McCormick Pandan Flavor. If you get a high quality set, then it's already safer than cigs. I got my kit from e-Pipe and parts and juices from Denkat. I find the atomizers from The Vape Shop disturbingly deadly.

And for legit tobacco, watch those old-timey movies, and how they take a drag from a pipe or cigar and spit it out right away. You already get to appreciate the art of tobacco, and how in the old times it wasn't about the hit, but the flavor. It might even change your smoking technique if you end up not quitting, which is already safer than the "modern" technique.

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2014, 10:56:30 PM »
Try mo makipag kaibigan sa crush mong ayaw sa smoker. promise mapipiltan kang mag quit kasi nahihiya ka sa
kanya kahit umaasa ka lang . parang sakin napa quit ako dahil nga dun kahit friendzone lang . well atleast na quit na :D
If weeds make you laugh, and laughter is the best medicine...

is weed the best medicine? xD

Offline albumin

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2014, 11:28:07 PM »
I can't say na I was successful.. 2 months na kami ng girlfriend ko. 2 months na din akong hindi nagssmoke.

I tried lessening consumption.. chewing gum.. etc.. pero what had me was "cold turkey". as in quit lang. tapos ayun. inisip ko na magagalit si GF pag nagyosi pa ako.. pwede akong magyosi ng hindi niya nalalaman... pero para ko na din siyang niloko... ayun lang iniisip ko dati... pag nasstress ako, umiiwas ako sa mga bilihan ng yosi... pag naglalakad ako sa Taft, binibilisan ko na lang pag nakakakita ako sa tabi tabi ng nagtitinda.. that way, hindi ako matetempt.

mejo ang hassle nga lang nung naexperience ko yung nicotine withdrawal na sinasabi nila (ata).. as in ubo ako nang ubo, phlegm for 2 weeks.  tapos grabe ang cravings ko nun. pero pag nagawa mo after 2 weeks, it's all about mindset na magpapatigil sayo. tell yourself na ayaw mo na. it works.
Ibanez GRGA11 - Buskers Tele - Vox Pathfinder 15R - Maxon GX10

Offline ME-30maniac

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2014, 11:46:20 PM »
totoo ba na kayang i-drain 'yung nicotine sa katawan mo via excessive sweating? example, 'yung pagpunta sa sauna. hindi ako smoker pero nakita ko lang sya sa internet as a body hack. ewan ko lang kung totoo kasi di naman talaga ako naninigarilyo.

Offline sonicassault

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2014, 08:56:38 AM »
totoo ba na kayang i-drain 'yung nicotine sa katawan mo via excessive sweating? example, 'yung pagpunta sa sauna. hindi ako smoker pero nakita ko lang sya sa internet as a body hack. ewan ko lang kung totoo kasi di naman talaga ako naninigarilyo.

ewan ko lang kung totoo, pero kung totoo  naman, what for? I read somewhere the nicotine is flushed out by your body in 24-48 hours, so if that's true, there's no need. However, di naman ibig sabihin na wala na yung nicotine sa katawan mo, mawawala na rin yung addiction mo. Yes, kung may tiyaga may nilaga, pero depende rin sa katawan mo kung the spirit is willing but the body is weak. Non-smoker din ako, pero I do understand that sometimes being addicted to smoking is you body's fault even if you want to quit. I have a friend kaya nya cold turkey any time, meron naman isa may withdrawal symptoms.

Offline ME-30maniac

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2014, 11:11:56 AM »
ewan ko lang kung totoo, pero kung totoo  naman, what for? I read somewhere the nicotine is flushed out by your body in 24-48 hours, so if that's true, there's no need. However, di naman ibig sabihin na wala na yung nicotine sa katawan mo, mawawala na rin yung addiction mo. Yes, kung may tiyaga may nilaga, pero depende rin sa katawan mo kung the spirit is willing but the body is weak. Non-smoker din ako, pero I do understand that sometimes being addicted to smoking is you body's fault even if you want to quit. I have a friend kaya nya cold turkey any time, meron naman isa may withdrawal symptoms.

ok. thanks po sa info.

Offline randymarsh

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2014, 11:01:46 AM »
used to smoke one pack a day back in high school and college. gradual reduction ang ginawa ko. every week, kalahati ng kalahati yung number of sticks na nauubos ko.

eventually i was smoking from one pack a day, down to one stick a day tapos naging one stick per week.

ang importante, never feel guilty kung mapayosi ka uli. just take time, mawawala rin ang bisyo.

ngayon ayoko na nakaka amoy ng usok ng sigarilyo. i'd still smoke occassionally, siguro pag new year or pasko para maiba lang pero hindi ko na kayang tumapos kahit isang stick lang.
nuno : n4 2.0 n4esa, n4vintage, n4 silver sparkle, n5, n6, n7, n8esa
etc : yjm, axis, jp6, jpxi, jp12, jp13, lp 58 vos, lp 57 ri, lp standard, lp trad, am strat, am tele deluxe, jem7v, uv777, rg prestige, j custom, deluxe reverb, vai legacy, jcm900, axefx

Offline bakit?

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2014, 12:35:10 PM »
quit it period. its all in the mind.
I believe that the definition of definition is reinvention. To not be like your parents. To not be like your friends. To be yourself.

Completely.

Offline ermonski

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2014, 12:06:26 AM »
I started smoking back in 3rd year college and stopped when I started working. After 2 years of quitting bumalik ako, pero same consumption pa rin, 2-4 sticks a day.

gusto ko na rin mag quit uli hahahaha

Offline bakit?

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2014, 07:00:58 AM »
as with dieting, its all between the ears. stop thinking about it and learn a hobby.
I believe that the definition of definition is reinvention. To not be like your parents. To not be like your friends. To be yourself.

Completely.

Offline GiBe20

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2014, 03:07:40 AM »
nakatulong yung vape sa akin kasi nawala yung craving ko sa yosi..then hininto ko din yung pag vape..

basta hindi na hiningi ng katawan mo yung yosi i think ok ka na...

there were times na gusto ko magyosi dahil sa stress... buti napipigilan ko kahit paano.
gears:
ibanez SR3000E - ibanez SR44SP - darkglass vintage deluxe - mono vertigo - ibanez promethean p3115
www.nelldenmusic.com

Offline sonicassault

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2014, 08:27:47 AM »
kung ang dahilan ng pagyosi mo nang tuloy-tuloy ay stress, siguro mas madali magquit kasi kailangan mo lang maghanap ng ibang ipagccrave ng katawan mo. yung iba dark chocolate, yung iba nagkakape, ako naman mami na maraming sili  :lol: yung iba nga ibang level, nagbubuhat sa gym!