hulika

Author Topic: Jaguar/Jazzmaster/Mustang/Jagstang/offset waist guitar thread!  (Read 887025 times)

Offline paltic

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Jaguar/Jazzmaster/Mustang/Jagstang/offset waist guitar thread!
« Reply #675 on: March 20, 2012, 12:27:12 AM »
  :idea:

nice pre! sali ka sa facebook ng Pinoy Offset Guitars Inc. (POGI)...i-post mo to, ganda!

ganda ng collection ni Paltic, diverse at pangpawow ng audience every gig..alternate..porma din ng sparkle...!

hipster-poser e! lol!...and remember - i did not get them for FREE!!!! hahahaha!  :-D
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 12:29:19 AM by paltic »

Offline treblinkalovescene

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #676 on: March 20, 2012, 12:30:12 AM »
I really, really want to try those Bacchus Jazzmasters. Swap out the neck and have the electronics upgraded and I'll be fine! Kevin Shields' first offset was an Ibanez Jazzmaster copy, this should work for me. Lol.
Offset guitars for life.

Offline paltic

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #677 on: March 20, 2012, 12:34:13 AM »
I really, really want to try those Bacchus Jazzmasters. Swap out the neck and have the electronics upgraded and I'll be fine! Kevin Shields' first offset was an Ibanez Jazzmaster copy, this should work for me. Lol.

our problem is where to get these mysterious guitars...hanggang ngayon hidden gems pa rin  :-D

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #678 on: March 20, 2012, 12:38:35 AM »
our problem is where to get these mysterious guitars...hanggang ngayon hidden gems pa rin  :-D

Do you realize they're cheaper than MIJ Jazzies, you can get them brand new, they seem to pass Japan's QC, they're locally made AND they have a full rhythm circuit? I sure hope they have allparts or WD drop-ins. I'm willing to pay the cost of shipping. I just want one. Badly. Dati I wanted a crap guitar I could customize to be mine. Now I want a good guitar I can make even better and be mine.
Offset guitars for life.

Offline paltic

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #679 on: March 20, 2012, 12:40:51 AM »
^saw the Bachhus jazzy in some sites and reminds me of a J Mascis Squier Jazzmaster...mukhang okay talaga. Sige Francis sana makahanap ka!

Ishibashi anyone? review and recommendations?

http://www.ishibashi.co.jp/eng/

I've never tried doing any transaction directly from Japan but I learned about a year ago that there's a Manila Forwarders office in there. Anyone tried this?
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 12:42:51 AM by paltic »

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #680 on: March 20, 2012, 12:55:31 AM »
^saw the Bachhus jazzy in some sites and reminds me of a J Mascis Squier Jazzmaster...mukhang okay talaga. Sige Francis sana makahanap ka!

Ishibashi anyone? review and recommendations?

http://www.ishibashi.co.jp/eng/

I've never tried doing any transaction directly from Japan but I learned about a year ago that there's a Manila Forwarders office in there. Anyone tried this?

Pag sweldo ko, ubusan ng lahi! Also, I got pictures of the Bacchus and the Classic Player JM (which is closest to the Mascis in terms of specs) and I lined them up at the pickups. The CP is slightly longer at the butt end of the guitar BUT tremolo arm placement is vintage-spec. I'm checking the pictures to see if AVRI/CP parts are a drop-in replacement.
Offset guitars for life.

Offline rjthemute

« Reply #681 on: March 20, 2012, 04:11:09 AM »
There seems to be two versions of Bacchus JMs, the BJM/680G/R that Francis linked to, which is the cheaper of the two; and the BJM 68-E (the black one a page back) which is closer to the price of a new mij/cij

Offline paltic

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #682 on: March 20, 2012, 06:49:34 AM »
There seems to be two versions of Bacchus JMs, the BJM/680G/R that Francis linked to, which is the cheaper of the two; and the BJM 68-E (the black one a page back) which is closer to the price of a new mij/cij

Hey thanks RJ....aesthetically, I really like the black one. But if the price is closer to a Fender than why not go for the real Mascis

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #683 on: March 20, 2012, 07:01:33 AM »
Hey thanks RJ....aesthetically, I really like the black one. But if the price is closer to a Fender than why not go for the real Mascis

You have enough for a Mastery bridge!
Offset guitars for life.

Offline paltic

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #684 on: March 20, 2012, 07:11:13 AM »
You have enough for a Mastery bridge!

naku mahal ang mastery bridge! hahahaha...dapat may gumagawa ng improvised or cheaper version

Offline Bart

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #685 on: March 20, 2012, 07:51:25 AM »
naku mahal ang mastery bridge! hahahaha...dapat may gumagawa ng improvised or cheaper version

"Misteryo" version naman. O kaya, "Mang Tery"

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #686 on: March 20, 2012, 08:28:58 AM »
Guys, where did you see na gawa sa Pinas yung Bacchus? any links? I have a feeling baka nagkatypo or baka yung wood lang ang ineexport natin..kasi kung may planta diyan ng mga for export japan..dapat may BUZZ yan...or nafefeature sa mga tv shows "finoy Prayd" shows...I tried googling Bacchus made in the Philippines..parang wala naman nilalabas..

I think Philippine Mahogany is Tanguile yata..pero not the same as US species

Philippine Mahogany is a term that refers to seven different species of wood from the Philippines. Tanguile, as well as luan (red or white) and Almon, et al, are all referred to as Philippine Mahogany. However, Philippine Mahogany isn't really a mahogany like the American or African species.
So yes, tanguile is the same as Philippine Mahogany. Which doesn't have the same working properties as true mahogany. It is more stringy and frays or splinters when crosscut. It's difficult to finish without filling and it's figure is somewhat bland when compared to real mahogany. Also, the "seven" woods of the philippine family are not particularly stable when exposed to changes in humidity.

Ngek..Philippine Alder pala! googled it pero hard to find good results ano ba tagalog sa ALDER?
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *
PEDALS & ACCESSORIES FOR SALE
PM: http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=283433.0      FB: https://www.facebook.com/RcMusicEmporium

Offline Bart

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #687 on: March 20, 2012, 08:33:54 AM »
Para ngang na-feature na yan dati na may outsourced factory ang Bacchus sa Pampanga. Tulad ng production ng ibang Edwards. China ang assembly pero Made in Japan ang nakalagay dahil overseen by Japanese supervisors and QC'd in Japan.

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #688 on: March 20, 2012, 08:59:23 AM »

baka doon kaya nakuha ng DONJON guitars ang technical knowhow nila to make better stuff than lumanogs? hmmm Ill try to google guitar plants in Pampanga..kung gayon..well and good! sana madami pang ganito..na pumasok sa Pinas..

*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *
PM: http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=283433.0      FB: https://www.facebook.com/RcMusicEmporium

Offline gunlak

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #689 on: March 20, 2012, 11:00:01 AM »
@gandy

Bacchus Global Series are Made in RP according to JVG.com
http://www.japanvintageguitars.com/Bacchus%20Global%20Series.html
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 11:02:40 AM by gunlak »
CLICK TO see baกิิิิิิat boys FB page!!!also check out my other band Skylines Forget

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #690 on: March 20, 2012, 11:14:10 AM »
uy thanks Gunlak! nice to read about this..

@francis

Paship ka nalang din ng J.Mascis Squire Jazzmaster!
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 11:16:50 AM by gandydancer123 »
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #691 on: March 20, 2012, 08:51:44 PM »
Ayoko na mag Mascis, Bacchus na lang ako then I get a Fender neck. SOLB.
Offset guitars for life.

Offline paltic

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #692 on: March 20, 2012, 09:20:39 PM »
Guys, where did you see na gawa sa Pinas yung Bacchus? any links? I have a feeling baka nagkatypo or baka yung wood lang ang ineexport natin..kasi kung may planta diyan ng mga for export japan..dapat may BUZZ yan...or nafefeature sa mga tv shows "finoy Prayd" shows...I tried googling Bacchus made in the Philippines..parang wala naman nilalabas..

I think Philippine Mahogany is Tanguile yata..pero not the same as US species

Philippine Mahogany is a term that refers to seven different species of wood from the Philippines. Tanguile, as well as luan (red or white) and Almon, et al, are all referred to as Philippine Mahogany. However, Philippine Mahogany isn't really a mahogany like the American or African species.
So yes, tanguile is the same as Philippine Mahogany. Which doesn't have the same working properties as true mahogany. It is more stringy and frays or splinters when crosscut. It's difficult to finish without filling and it's figure is somewhat bland when compared to real mahogany. Also, the "seven" woods of the philippine family are not particularly stable when exposed to changes in humidity.

Ngek..Philippine Alder pala! googled it pero hard to find good results ano ba tagalog sa ALDER?

nyetang ALDER yan...eto Steven Adler!!!  :-D

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #693 on: March 20, 2012, 10:20:41 PM »
Ano sa Tagalog ang alder?

SAGOT:

Eh di, Mas matanda!

USE IN A SENTENCE:

33th Birthday ko na bukas...haaay Im really getting Alder.

HAHAHAHAHA

« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 04:28:20 PM by gandydancer123 »
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *

Offline paltic

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #694 on: March 20, 2012, 10:41:48 PM »
Wanted:

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #695 on: March 20, 2012, 10:51:29 PM »
Comparison with a CP Jazzy. I think the pickguard for the Bacchus is MIJ spec pa rin.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 11:36:21 PM by treblinkalovescene »
Offset guitars for life.

Offline paltic

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #696 on: March 21, 2012, 06:28:25 AM »
^ it looks nice and seems pretty decent man

Offline egee_gtrz

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #697 on: March 21, 2012, 04:23:23 PM »
uy thanks Gunlak! nice to read about this..

@francis

Paship ka nalang din ng J.Mascis Squire Jazzmaster!

If ever  you will buy these stuff from US, email emil@johnnyairplus.com for shipping.

Thanks!

Offline Bart

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #698 on: March 21, 2012, 05:18:59 PM »
^ it looks nice and seems pretty decent man

Watchoo talkin' about, Willis? They look great. Especially the first one on the left.

Offline juan_alderete

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #699 on: March 21, 2012, 06:04:37 PM »
someone should really carry this global series guitar. or at least an importer. Y49,800 is not bad considering how the used market are priced right now,

http://bacchusdo.com/product/bjm680ow.htm

« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 06:57:06 PM by juan_alderete »