hulika

Author Topic: Help on how to minimize noise inside my band rehearsal room.  (Read 1418 times)

Offline jesper2g

Paano po?...

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
Help on how to minimize noise inside my band rehearsal room.
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2006, 07:21:31 AM »
to dampen noise from going OUT of the room: hang heavy curtains and use sound insulation foam or eggshell cartons on the ceiling.

to dampen noise from reverberating INSIDE the room: hang heavy curtains and put bass trap wedges on the corners of the room where the walls meet the ceiling.
ako si mimordz. 友だちからよろしくです!

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
Help on how to minimize noise inside my band rehearsal room.
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2006, 11:14:49 AM »
Do a google on DIY bass traps and you will find a lot of resources. The hard part is getting the materials. abyss is right on the curtain and traps. Remember that egg crates are NOT soundproofing materials, but they DO scatter soundwaves minimizing standing waves in your studio.

If your concern is also with noise bleed from other members of the band, you might have to fashion some gobos. Also, make effective use of your mics null points; if you're using well designed cardiod dynamics, it's directly to the back of the mic.
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire