hulika

Author Topic: Elegee or USA made guitar???  (Read 137271 times)

Offline chawi

• Veteran Member
Re: Elegee or USA made guitar???
« Reply #50 on: September 12, 2007, 12:50:43 PM »
either way eh. im promoting prs and elegee at the same time. but for me really, PRS Guitars are my type...

Offline nealyu

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #51 on: September 12, 2007, 12:52:39 PM »
maybe you just ended up with one of the poorly made american strats hehe. :lol:
hindi rin e hehe. kasi yung strats ng dalawang friend ko ganun din e...

Offline nealyu

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #52 on: September 12, 2007, 12:54:02 PM »
type lang? hindi sound better?  :-D
either way e. kaya comparable sila hehehe

Offline chawi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #53 on: September 12, 2007, 12:56:18 PM »
yup. kasi same wood, electronics lng pinagkaiba... pero yung itsura kayang kayang gawin ni jon... pero shempre iba prin tlg yung orig iba kasi yung feel paghawak mo plng. minsan kasi parang psychological nlng ksi basta masabi lng na made in the usa

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #54 on: September 12, 2007, 12:58:55 PM »
Ako rin, price aside, a stock PRS is still my type vis a vis a Elegee but some of the PRS are really sucky sounding...

Offline nealyu

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #55 on: September 12, 2007, 01:00:43 PM »
ako kahit anu basta maganda sound hehehe. di ako brand consious e hehehe. masok nga sakin pagcustom hehe kasi i can have what i want.

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #56 on: September 12, 2007, 01:01:23 PM »
nealyu,

I suggest you find 94 other friends with Fender USA guitars.  You might have a lot in common and show them that an Elegee sounds better.

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #57 on: September 12, 2007, 01:02:40 PM »
Kung hindi ka brand conscious bakit hindi ka magpagawa sa RJ custom shop or custom kay Arie Hipolito?

Offline nealyu

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #58 on: September 12, 2007, 01:04:01 PM »
bakit pa? hehehe
yung mga friends ko na yun are happy with their fenders. marami naman ganun e. dahil sa brand name kaya it sounds good haha. tama ba? minsan ganun e.

Offline nealyu

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #59 on: September 12, 2007, 01:05:17 PM »
Kung hindi ka brand conscious bakit hindi ka magpagawa sa RJ custom shop or custom kay Arie Hipolito?
kasi di ko pa natrtry kay sir arie. kay sir jon nasubukan ko na hehehehe. tsaka nakatry na ako ng RJ guitars and masasabi ko na di ko talaga type gawa nila.

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #60 on: September 12, 2007, 01:14:47 PM »
Nealyu,

Agree with you on the RJ...

But at least we know hindi lahat ng USA maganda and that in itself is a start of realization.

Cheers.

Offline nealyu

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #61 on: September 12, 2007, 01:17:11 PM »
cheers.  :-D

Offline chawi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #62 on: September 12, 2007, 01:17:45 PM »
cheers!!! beer pa? hehehe!

Offline nealyu

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #63 on: September 12, 2007, 01:23:10 PM »
di ako umiinom e haha. bata pa ako... college student palang.  :-D
btw, the strat sounds good pero masok para sa akin yung elegee hehehehe

itchybrain

« Reply #64 on: September 12, 2007, 06:29:20 PM »
I want a different looking and different sounding guitar ( I have some guitars already Stratplus, Tele, 3 Ibanezes, a Samick semihollow)so I decided to go to Sir Jon's and check out if he can build me this one.

Ma detail din talaga magpagawa ng custom guitar! just a summary, starting from the hardware, going to the woods that will be used for the body (for me dapat hindi lang tonewood dapat as much as possible importante din na hindi mabigat, I had my guitar chambered)and the neck,measurements on the guitar. Brainstorming at debate and dapat talaga uupuan para ma discuss personally ang specs ng guitar. The finale will be deciding on what color your guitar should be. Aside from frequent phonecalls, pabalik balik din ako kina Jon para ma finalize ang mga very important details.

Nakaka excite ang building experience itself, and the suspense? kung ano yung magiging hitsura at tunog ng gitara!!  mine was just the looks and sound that I exactly want..
bright sounding guitar( my elegee has a mahogany body, maple top, maple neck, ebony fretboard) na may konting twang and cool overtones! it sounds so different compared to my other guitars pero in a very good way  :-D

kung magka pera ulit na extra, I wouldn't hesitate to let Elegee build me another guitar. If you're tired of the usual and want a guitar that you can put your personal thoughts and creativity in, then I think this may work for you too.

thanks for the post, sir ibystad.  :-) it's enlightening. of course, dun sa mga nagpost about their thoughts about having a custom, thanks din. ako rin kasi, am planning to have a custom.

i guess, imho, having a custom is more on the "ego" side of things. of course, having a custom is really great. personalized everything. it's not a "nationalism" issue. it's more of an issue about built and tone with your own mark on things. kaya nga customized, eh.  :-)

as what the guys here posted, i believe tone is relative. one tone may be good for others and one may sound crappy to some. but then, i understand that there's a universal "great and crappy tone." nonetheless, i think (as guitarists) we all have that sinister urge to own a custom whether elegee pa yan o carl thompson o fender. everyone wants to be different.

pero none here seems to like an RJ custom. i wonder why.. :-D

Offline nealyu

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #65 on: September 12, 2007, 06:30:48 PM »
thanks for the post, sir ibystad.  :-) it's enlightening. of course, dun sa mga nagpost about their thoughts about having a custom, thanks din. ako rin kasi, am planning to have a custom.

i guess, imho, having a custom is more on the "ego" side of things. of course, having a custom is really great. personalized everything. it's not a "nationalism" issue. it's more of an issue about built and tone with your own mark on things. kaya nga customized, eh.  :-)

as what the guys here posted, i believe tone is relative. one tone may be good for others and one may sound crappy to some. but then, i understand that there's a universal "great and crappy tone." nonetheless, i think (as guitarists) we all have that sinister urge to own a custom whether elegee pa yan o carl thompson o fender. everyone wants to be different.

pero none here seems to like an RJ custom. i wonder why.. :-D
+1

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #66 on: September 12, 2007, 09:52:27 PM »
Timbre or tone is relative but guitar character is not.  Your guitar either has it or it does not.  You cannot build character.  It comes by a combination of luck and a lot of luthiering skill. 

I have tried and owned guitars that consistently beat out other guitars in terms of character and exceled in every type of music regardless of the guitar type.

Offline PRSMan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #67 on: September 12, 2007, 10:20:01 PM »

Does Arie take custom build orders?  Anong price range niya for a normal strat-type guitar?

itchybrain

« Reply #68 on: September 12, 2007, 10:40:28 PM »
Timbre or tone is relative but guitar character is not.  Your guitar either has it or it does not.  You cannot build character.  It comes by a combination of luck and a lot of luthiering skill. 

I have tried and owned guitars that consistently beat out other guitars in terms of character and exceled in every type of music regardless of the guitar type.

hmmm.. character.. this is new to me. and it's nice to know.  :-) thanks. and i'm glad to know that the vintage strat that i bought has "character."  :wink: now i know..

what then is "guitar character' in your book, guys?  :-)

Offline fraudulentzodiac

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #69 on: September 12, 2007, 10:42:11 PM »
hmmm.. character.. this is new to me. and it's nice to know.  :-) thanks. and i'm glad to know that the vintage strat that i bought has "character."  :wink: now i know..

what then is "guitar character' in your book, guys?  :-)
pangalanan mo magkakaroon na ng character tapos gawan mo ng kwento hehe, joke lang. :lol:

Offline nealyu

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #70 on: September 12, 2007, 10:52:33 PM »
pangalanan mo magkakaroon na ng character tapos gawan mo ng kwento hehe, joke lang. :lol:

+1  :-D

Offline rainierito

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #71 on: September 13, 2007, 12:16:13 AM »
hanggat wala akong na t testing na elegee sa subok at tested na brand ako. customshop man o hindi. taga europe kasi ako eh.

Offline tam_guitar

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #72 on: September 13, 2007, 01:00:47 AM »
hanggat wala akong na t testing na elegee sa subok at tested na brand ako. customshop man o hindi. taga europe kasi ako eh.

bro!

baka iwan mo europe kapg na test mo elegee guitars!!!

sustain palang, solve kana!
There is no tone. There is only music.

Offline nealyu

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #73 on: September 13, 2007, 08:38:29 AM »
bro!

baka iwan mo europe kapg na test mo elegee guitars!!!

sustain palang, solve kana!
totoo yun! langyang sustain yung prs copy niya with passive humbuckers... from infinity and beyond!!!  :-D

Offline PRSMan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #74 on: September 13, 2007, 09:09:00 AM »
i guess, imho, having a custom is more on the "ego" side of things.

Huh?  How did ego get into the picture?  People I know who had guitars custom built did so because of preferred specs.