hulika

Author Topic: About Sonar...  (Read 1116 times)

Offline julayuz

• Philmusicus Noobitus
About Sonar...
« on: May 20, 2007, 10:19:41 PM »
sit KITC, i'm using cakewalk sonar 6 recording software. tanong, can i apply a certain sound sa isang track na ni-record ko? (like for example, ung snare ng MIDI na na-convert na sa audio. gusto ko sana i-apply ung tunog ng una kong ni-record na tunog ng snare drum sa studio. pde kaya un?)

i saw sir billy of kikomachine do this kc in his recording studio using SONY vegas 6.

please enlighten me. tnx.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2007, 02:06:46 AM by KitC »

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
Re: About Sonar...
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2007, 02:20:12 AM »
sit KITC, i'm using cakewalk sonar 6 recording software. tanong, can i apply a certain sound sa isang track na ni-record ko? (like for example, ung snare ng MIDI na na-convert na sa audio. gusto ko sana i-apply ung tunog ng una kong ni-record na tunog ng snare drum sa studio. pde kaya un?)

If you mean replace the recorded snare with another sound, there are 2 ways to go about it:

a. via midi, just use a different kit or snare sample which has the sound you want. Since you're using Sonar 6, Why don't you use Session Drummer2, which comes with Sonar6, and just choose the snare from the myriads of included samples.

b. via audio, using Sonar's Audiosnap feature. As long as the snare is on a separate track, you can use Audiosnap to generate hitpoints and have those hitpoints generate a midi note. Use those hitpoints to trigger Session Drummer 2 (or whatever drum sampler you use) and replace the snare sound with another snare sample. You might also be referring to Drumagog which can do the same thing although a bit more simply than using Audiosnap (at least you have the tools available to you from within S6).

There is a 3rd option and that is to eq your snare sound. You could use a frequency analyzer to check the frequency spectrum of the desired snare sound then use something like a 31-band eq to get close with your existing sound. Unless your snare sounds similar to the desired snare sound, however, no amount of eqing will get you close though.
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire