hulika

Author Topic: Guitar Central concert EB-October 16  (Read 30519 times)

Offline dominant_chord2005

• Veteran Member
Guitar Central concert EB-October 16
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2006, 03:15:28 PM »
@delta slim, jazhombie and psychic_sushi

my system's down as of the moment pero naisalba ko lahat nung good stuff. Just give me ur blank cd's and I'll arrange it asap.  ginagawa ng IT team namin ung comp ko sana maayos din agad.

nakabackup naman ung drive ko so i'll arrange to cd's as soon as everything else goes back to normal.

kitakitz mamaya
"Practice makes perfect."

Offline jazhombie

• Board Moderator
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2006, 05:28:11 PM »
Quote from: dominant_chord2005

my system's down as of the moment pero naisalba ko lahat nung good stuff. Just give me ur blank cd's and I'll arrange it asap.  ginagawa ng IT team namin ung comp ko sana maayos din agad.

nakabackup naman ung drive ko so i'll arrange to cd's as soon as everything else goes back to normal.

kitakitz mamaya
 ok lng, bro jam ka mamya!kitakitz :D

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2006, 05:44:47 PM »
Quote from: jazhombie
Quote from: dominant_chord2005

kitakitz mamaya
 ok lng, bro jam ka mamya!kitakitz :D

wow - may tech support pa ang epektus natin ah!  

tnx bro. see you later sa jam.

Offline BAMF

« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2006, 07:19:08 PM »
Go na go na ! I'm packing an extra amp just in case. :D

And Psychic...I'm bringing my OD100, humbly, for your perusal :D
Doghouse Recording Studio: http://doghousestudio.webs.com
Cel: 09282843633

Offline SimplengGitarista

• Veteran Member
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2006, 05:07:49 AM »
OMG! What a show!  :shock:
Grabe, dumbfounded ako sa galing ng mga gitarista...mga hayuf ang daliri! hehehe

Pagdating ko ang naaubatan ko Blues yung banat..i'm not sure pero si Sir Delta Slim ata yung nasa slide...i swear, i thought there was a Black person playing the guitar...

Sir Jazzhombie ba yung parang si stan lee jordan kung mag jazz? talk about 8 finger tapping..ganda ng fx mo sir...gusto ko rin nyan! hehehe

Sir Psychich-Sushi...i like the way you improvise...harmoniously melodic...

Ma'am Caren...nun lang ako nakakita ng babaeng nagtapping sa gitara...aliw hehehe

sana maulit uli...

Kudos to all the great musicians last night.. 'twas a great show indeed..
 :D
"It is better to have something and not need it, than to need it and not have it" - Michael Angelo Batio

Offline Kulas

• Board Moderator
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2006, 05:21:20 AM »
killer jam ulit as usual, hehe. i was late, inabutan ko na lang yung set ng firebottle, J3 and caren's band. grabe, patay tayo jan. we had a brief open jam after, nung nag-alisan na yung mga tao, yung mga adik na lang ang natira, hehe. nice jam talaga, then kwentuhan after.

anyway, i recorded some clips of the jam. the other one is putol kasi middle of the song ko na na-start yung recording. the audio in the venue was loud! so expect the clips to be "clipping" hehe. anyway, i've uploaded it to my multiply account para ma-download nyo rin if you want. the recordings don't give justice to the tone of the guitars pero it'll give you an idea as to how "lupet" these people are, hehe.

here's the link...

http://peeweevivas.multiply.com/music/item/3

on guitars: jazhombie using dominant_chord2005's very, very nice '62ri strat.
psychic_sushi using my very own heerby LP
on bass guitar: deacon blues using his neck through washburn bass.
on drums: our very own bossing pinoymusika!

Offline toybitz

• Board Moderator
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2006, 05:33:16 AM »
Quote from: SimplengGitarista
Pagdating ko ang naaubatan ko Blues yung banat..i'm not sure pero si Sir Delta Slim ata yung nasa slide...i swear, i thought there was a Black person playing the guitar... :D

kinilabutan ako dito ah,,,huuuu, kakatakot...
Tele bought 20K. Upgraded pots.  FS: 30K  Trade Value BS: 85K.  Deal tayo?

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2006, 06:59:15 AM »
Quote from: toybitz
Quote from: SimplengGitarista
Pagdating ko ang naaubatan ko Blues yung banat..i'm not sure pero si Sir Delta Slim ata yung nasa slide...i swear, i thought there was a Black person playing the guitar... :D

kinilabutan ako dito ah,,,huuuu, kakatakot...

kinilabutan din ako... aaay fafa!

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2006, 07:28:45 AM »
Thanks for having us, Firebottle, join the jam/eb!  I hope you enjoyed our set.  

Ang saya kagabi and ang-lulufet ng tumugtog, especially ung J3 and siempre si Caren!  A treat for the eyes and the ears!

Wala pa ba class pic? :-)

Offline vegetablejoe

• Philmusicus Addictus
class pic...
« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2006, 09:55:00 AM »

Offline vegetablejoe

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2006, 10:05:02 AM »
Group pic #2:

Group pic#3:

Offline BAMF

« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2006, 10:15:06 AM »
Oh Good Lordy !!!!

Kakagising ko lang ! That musta been 8 bottles again judging from my hangover.

Grabe...grabe...grabe kayo....grabe kayo seyet.

Yung mga umalis before the open jam...gawd...you missed what seems to be the best part ! The guys really LET IT RIP ! And with Pinoymusika on drums....fantastic.

I love this job !

Offline Letour

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2006, 11:27:59 AM »
Finally went to one of these gigs.

I must say I very much impressed with the talent of today. Back in my day, it was either Shakey's Taft or Olongapo to watch great axe slingers. Now, its still kind of far since I live in Las Pinas  :lol:

I also noticed that with the first bands that played, it was 95% original and 5% covers. I am elated that bands now are focusing on writing their own material.

Only got to see the first three songs of deltaslim's band. I am green with envy. Also, I found out that I still have a lot more practice to do if I will stay until the jamming session.

Next time, can we have it nearer perhaps to the south? Can we meet in middle? Is this going to be a monthly thing? BAMF?
Dean of a law school
http://www.manilaspeak.com/author/rod-vera/
Twitter: @attyvera

Offline Boddhisattva

• Veteran Member
« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2006, 11:47:48 AM »
Though I already expected great music, I still was amazed at the talents oozing last night (coming from a keyboardist lost in that maze of guitarists!).

But what really made my day was meeting people whose names I only see here.  Nice meeting you BAMF, Ronnie A, Letour, and Pinoymusika. And all the others too.

I came home with a smile on my face, esp. after I knew what jazzhombie's playing is all about...

See you all in the Keyboardists EB (meron ba nun?)!
Give it all you\'ve got, but slowly - Chuck Mangione

Offline blues2death

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2006, 11:51:03 AM »
san ka sa las pinas letour. i grew up in pilar village...near southmall yun.malamang alam mo yun. :lol: sa ts cruz ako nagrerent ng apt noon. now it's just us my wife staying there w/my kids of course.
guitarist telling the drummer what the intro to laklak was. caught on video.at binilangan pa ang drummer 1-2...1-2-3..lol

Offline inigo

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2006, 11:52:04 AM »
i shouldnt have left early. i shouldnt have left early. i shouldnt have left early. i shouldnt have left early...
400/hr recording. Banana Rising Recording Studio www.bananarising.com

SOUND SAMPLES: http://www.bananarising.com/p/sound-samples.html

Offline jazhombie

• Board Moderator
« Reply #41 on: October 17, 2006, 12:16:11 PM »
Quote from: Letour
Finally went to one of these gigs.

I must say I very much impressed with the talent of today. Back in my day, it was either Shakey's Taft or Olongapo to watch great axe slingers. Now, its still kind of far since I live in Las Pinas  :lol:

I also noticed that with the first bands that played, it was 95% original and 5% covers. I am elated that bands now are focusing on writing their own material.

Only got to see the first three songs of deltaslim's band. I am green with envy. Also, I found out that I still have a lot more practice to do if I will stay until the jamming session.

Next time, can we have it nearer perhaps to the south? Can we meet in middle? Is this going to be a monthly thing? BAMF?
+100000 kay joric

Offline jazhombie

• Board Moderator
« Reply #42 on: October 17, 2006, 12:24:30 PM »
Quote from: Kulas
killer jam ulit as usual, hehe. i was late, inabutan ko na lang yung set ng firebottle, J3 and caren's band. grabe, patay tayo jan. we had a brief open jam after, nung nag-alisan na yung mga tao, yung mga adik na lang ang natira, hehe. nice jam talaga, then kwentuhan after.

anyway, i recorded some clips of the jam. the other one is putol kasi middle of the song ko na na-start yung recording. the audio in the venue was loud! so expect the clips to be "clipping" hehe. anyway, i've uploaded it to my multiply account para ma-download nyo rin if you want. the recordings don't give justice to the tone of the guitars pero it'll give you an idea as to how "lupet" these people are, hehe.

here's the link...

http://peeweevivas.multiply.com/music/item/3

on guitars: jazhombie using dominant_chord2005's very, very nice '62ri strat.
psychic_sushi using my very own heerby LP
on bass guitar: deacon blues using his neck through washburn bass.
on drums: our very own bossing pinoymusika!
  syang di ko man lang nahinmas yung guitar ni piw, pero ok yung jam nyo nina domchord, syang late n kasi! lalong gumanda efx ssetup mo bro, pinakitaan tau ni psych kung pano gamitin yun,hehehe! :D  :D  :lol:

Offline Letour

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2006, 12:29:32 PM »
Quote from: blues2death
san ka sa las pinas letour. i grew up in pilar village...near southmall yun.malamang alam mo yun. :lol: sa ts cruz ako nagrerent ng apt noon. now it's just us my wife staying there w/my kids of course.

In BF Executive. Near the end of Elizalde. May JB sa Southmall. But you are in OC. Sayang wala ng yung Mars Music sa The Block. That's where I bought my standard tele back in 2000.
Dean of a law school
http://www.manilaspeak.com/author/rod-vera/
Twitter: @attyvera

Offline Kulas

• Board Moderator
« Reply #44 on: October 17, 2006, 12:29:38 PM »
wag ka mag-alala bro, masusubukan mo rin yan, hehe. sa next jam EB, hehe. sana ako rin mapatunog ko ng ganon yun, hehe.

Offline toybitz

• Board Moderator
« Reply #45 on: October 17, 2006, 01:50:10 PM »
Quote from: BAMF
Oh Good Lordy !!!!

Kakagising ko lang ! That musta been 8 bottles again judging from my hangover.

Grabe...grabe...grabe kayo....grabe kayo seyet.

Yung mga umalis before the open jam...gawd...you missed what seems to be the best part ! The guys really LET IT RIP ! And with Pinoymusika on drums....fantastic.

I love this job !

some witnessed the birth of a new band...Guitar One.  :lol:
Tele bought 20K. Upgraded pots.  FS: 30K  Trade Value BS: 85K.  Deal tayo?

Offline jeyvi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2006, 03:45:29 PM »
pasensya na mga sir! kakahiya last minute kami nag cancel! bawi kami next EB for sure! PROMISE!!!

astig ung pics!!!
check out my band KONTRA
www.kontra.ph

Offline BAMF

« Reply #47 on: October 17, 2006, 07:29:50 PM »
Quote from: Letour

Sige ser. Let's see what terms other bars will ask for. Sa Haze lang kasi, where I was born into the band scene, they ask for so little (e.g. each person eat/drink at least P100) and they've been very good on the schedule commitments. Plus, they are friends.

But yep, I'm not exactly a part owner so no real bind to do it at their place always.

I'm planning on kicking off the Philmusicstock concert (anybody with a better name for it ?). Judging from the time frame, it should be held around December , in a covered quadrangle, with about 20-30 bands or so. Whew...balik ang grabe ng band scene of the 80's pag nagkataon.

It will be kinda halfway, here in  Manila. I'll open a new thread a little later. It should be killer.

Offline nathanmanansala

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #48 on: October 17, 2006, 08:09:22 PM »
:shock: pre, marunong pala magitara yung psychic_sushi at jazhombie no?  

:lol: psychic_sushi and jazhombie are da [gooey brown stuff]! :lol:

Offline blue_raven

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #49 on: October 17, 2006, 09:01:48 PM »
Quote from: inigo
i shouldnt have left early. i shouldnt have left early. i shouldnt have left early. i shouldnt have left early...

ditto.

d@mn work..