hulika

Author Topic: FireJam 2018  (Read 7368 times)

Offline titser_marco

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: FireJam 2018
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2018, 12:03:29 PM »
Hindi nag volunteer eh.. heh heh.  Siguro next time dahil nahihiya ako mag offer sa mga banda na kilala dahil baka hindi mag work out.  I only offered to people who are close para hindi ako mapahiya.
you want me to ask the guys? unless puno na slots?

Sent from my SM-G610Y using Tapatalk

I'd rather be sharp than flat.

Offline skrumian

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2018, 12:23:04 PM »
Video please. Kahit cellphone vids lang. Just want to see those awesome gear.
Looking for second hand but still in good condition books:
1) The Complete MBA for Dummies; and 2) The Ten Day MBA
PM me!

Offline Boxedking

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2018, 12:28:07 PM »
Ayus to! Enjoy sa lahat!
www.soundclick.com/viruprison | www.soundcloud.com/lei-guitarist

Don't let the gearhead kill the musician in you. Philmusic s/b PhilGEAR

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2018, 01:27:04 PM »
AWESOME!!! too bad Ill miss this..not in the PH at the moment...have a great one guys!
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *
PEDALS & ACCESSORIES FOR SALE
PM: http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=283433.0      FB: https://www.facebook.com/RcMusicEmporium

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2018, 03:47:05 PM »
you want me to ask the guys? unless puno na slots?

Sent from my SM-G610Y using Tapatalk

Next time na lang para maka jam pa kayo.  Four bands na plus Miks and the Louts so thats enough to get arrested on. heh heh

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2018, 03:47:55 PM »
Video please. Kahit cellphone vids lang. Just want to see those awesome gear.

Will post camera shots tomorrow when I finish arranging the stage at around 5 pm.

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2018, 03:49:30 PM »
Update#2:

The Park George Lynch 50 Limited Edition Head has arrived and is the backup amp for the 3 monkeys Ze Limited.

PARK 50LTDGL
The Park 50LTDGL is a recreation of the ubiquitous 50 watt plexi British two-channel, four-input amp as used by so many artists on stage and on recordings throughout the 1960s and 1970s. The amp is also a clone of the modified vintage Park amp Mitch Colby lent to George Lynch in 1991 that was used exclusively on “Sacred Groove”. That amp was recently recreated for George and he is using it on his current gigs in place of his vintage plexi amps. This new version features a push-pull switch on Channel I’s Volume control that converts it from a warmer version of the plexi 50 to the more aggressive Lead version for increased flexibility.

Faithful to the originals, the Park 50LTD incorporates hard to find new old stock vintage parts (NOS) such as Iskra, Piher and Allen Bradley resistors, Phillips Mustard and Lemco capacitors all affixed to a Paxolin board with split top turrets. A Merrin clone output transformer and “Winged C” EL34s top things off on this highly detailed, hand built amplifier. Only 10 Park 50LTDs will be built in New York by Mitch Colby.

"I used the Park 50 at Lynch Mob rehearsal today and it sounds beautiful.  Same qualities as my 68 plexi when it's having a good day but at a tamer volume.  Thank u for building a ridiculously faithful amp.  I'm taking it to m3 fest tomorrow and fest in Tulsa Saturday." George Lynch

Specifications:

Power: 40 watts RMS clean, 70 watts fully overdriven

Tubes: three 12AX7s, two “Winged C” EL34s

Front panel: Volume (chI) with push-pull (super bright - boost upper mids and highs like a later plexi), Volume (chII) with push-pull for bright on both channels), Treble, Mid, Bass, Brightness (Presence), On/Off, Standby, Fuse

Back panel: Fuse, Mains input, Voltage Selector, Impedance selector (4, 8, 16), two speaker outputs

Dimensions: (H) 10”, (W) 24”, (D) 8 3/8”

Weight: 33 lbs

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2018, 03:52:47 PM »
3 Monkeys Ze Limited Specs:

The Zé (pronounced Zay) is our spin on the 100W José modded Marshall’s as played by many of the top players in the 80′s. Gain, gain, and more gain!! (Note: We accurately blueprinted an actual José modded amp from our vintage collection. This is as close as they get.)

We start off with custom iron and tons of filtering (keeps it tight). The amp has the following controls: PRESENCE, MASTER (pull clip), BASS, MIDDLE, TREBLE, GAIN I, VOLUME I, JUMP (connects the two channels in a unique way), and VOLUME II (inserted into one of the inputs, just like a modded amp) . It also has a TUBE EFFECTS LOOP with SEND/RETURN controls. The cabinet is built exactly like they were in the 70′s, with a little 3 Monkeys styling.

Note: Photos are of the Prototype (black tolex) and of the first amp from the Limited Run (red tolex), some controls have been moved and/or renamed. Functionality is the same.

SPECIFICATIONS
Four 6CA7 Output Tubes
Presence
Master (Pull Clip)
Bass
Middle
Treble
Gain I
Volume I
Volume II
5x 12AX7 Preamp Tubes
Tube Effects Loop
Custom Spec Transformers (that's some BIG iron!)
JUMP switch for jumping the channels together
Gold Plexi Panels with Vintage Style Lettering
Black Tolex is Standard
Upcharge for custom color Tolex (see colors) or Suede is $50-$225. Contact us for a quote.

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2018, 03:55:53 PM »
Fender The Edge Deluxe 12-watt Hand-wired Tube Guitar Amplifier at a Glance:

Twelve hand-wired watts of classic Fender shimmer and twang
Responds well to pedal effects and outboard gear
Twelve hand-wired watts of classic Fender shimmer and twang
Fans of any genre will appreciate this fine '57 Deluxe reissue. Its simple control scheme provides immediate tone sculpting that will give you stage- and studio-ready sound in seconds. Crank up with 12 watts of all-tube Fender tone, dial in the tone knob, and use your guitar's volume and natural playing dynamics to control the amount of drive. The Edge Deluxe is extremely sensitive to playing dynamics, with the kind of tube response that is hard to emulate short of playing the real thing. Sweep between shimmery cleans to raw, smooth crunch and full-on controlled chaos to find a sound that works for any style of music.

Responds well to pedal effects and outboard gear
As you might expect from an amp named after The Edge, the Fender Edge Deluxe responds very well to delays, chorus, boost, and drive pedals to color your best FX chains with even-ordered harmonics and classic tube sparkle.

Fender Edge Deluxe 12-watt Hand-wired Tube Guitar Amplifier Features:
12-watt combo amp from Fender and The Edge of U2
Hand-wired '57 Fender Deluxe
Lacquered Tweed exterior evokes classic rock 'n' roll looks
12" Celestion Alnico Blue speaker for smooth overdrive, bell sustain, and warm and punchy response
Simple controls for instant tone adjustments
2 channels with distinctive tonal characteristics
Responds great to dynamics and pedal effects

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2018, 03:57:20 PM »
Headstrong Lil King S:

Highlights
-25 watt AA1164 Princeton Reverb
-6L6 Power tubes and larger transformers
-Accepts 6V6/EL34/KT88
- Reverb and Tremolo
-Single 10" or 12" speaker
-Combo or Head
-Available with or without "H" logo
The Lil King-S was Wayne's idea to create an amp that was never made during this era, a single channel 25-30 watt amp but not as bulky or heavy as say a Deluxe or Vibrolux Reverb. The other, to take a stock Lil King and see how far he could push it without changing the "inefficient" Phase Inverter found in the original circuit.  Tonally think louder and tighter Princeton Reverb.  Still not as bright as a typical Blackface style amp in this wattage range, the theory was to create a higher powered version with more headroom and bottom end definition, but when overdriven would retain some of the classic small amp character.  The amp also excepts 6V6 (approx. 20 watts) or EL34 power tubes with a simple re-bias.  If you love the Princeton Reverb sound but wish it was a little louder with better bottom end definition, this may be the amp for you!  What does the "S" stand for...Stage, Souped up, or Lil' King on Steroids...
Why don't you decide!
Tech Info & Features:
20-30 Watt Tube Powered
Stock with TAD 6L6GC Tubes
Runs 6V6/EL34/KT66-77-88
100% Hand-wired
Tube Reverb and Tremolo
Finger jointed pine cabinets
Eminence Speakers
2-Button Footswitch
Front and Back Panels:
Hi/Lo Inputs
Volume
Treble
Bass
Reverb
Speed
Intensity

Power cord
Bias Pot
Standby
2A Fuse
Power Switch
8 ohm Speaker Jack
8 ohm X Speaker jack
Reverb FS jack
Tremolo FS Jack
Reverb OUT
Reverb IN
Pricing and Specs
1x10 Combo: $2100.00
Specs: 17 X 20 X9.5 32 lbs.

1X12 Combo: $2150.00
Specs: 17 X 20 X 9.5 35 lbs.

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2018, 03:59:18 PM »
Cornell Plexi 18/20 combo:

The Cornell-Plexi 18/20 Combo is made to the basic circuit of the PA20 Plexi panel which was produced in the 60s. Additional Cornell design features like the switchable valve rectification and power reducer are fitted as standard.

Complementary push-pull class “A” output has been used in many renowned amplifiers throughout the history of guitar amplification. The problem with this basic circuit, which has remained common to all manufacturers with some minor differences, was one of unequal current flow through each output valve and unacceptable crossover distortion. At high output levels the problem is accentuated and results in a fuzzy sound.

We have corrected the design and resolved the problem by balancing the output and reducing the crossover distortion. This results in a much smoother sound at high output levels. The output having very little crossover distortion. The difference can be seen and measured on an oscilloscope.

We have encapsulated the components and called it the Cornell ‘Cream Box’ which describes the output tone. We now use this circuit in all of our complementary Class “A” push-pull output designed amplifiers.

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2018, 04:02:46 PM »
Matchless SC30 circa 1995 with Amperex EF86 on Channel#2:

This is what changed the amp world. The DC-30 was the company’s first design and still leads the lineup.

Thirty very conservatively rated watts from a quartet of EL-84’s, through two channels, each with unique voicing and tone control layouts, produce a world of tone choices. True “Class A” configuration gives rich, complex harmonics whether played clean, mildly overdriven, or with all out power tube saturation.  This means you should sound great in any situation, in any music style.

A long list of musician designed features includes:  highly interactive tone controls and circuitries unique to each channel, bypassable master volume, individual channel effects loops, cut control for high frequency shaping, high and low (30 or 15 watt) power settings, selectable output impedance and phase inverter switches allow the use of additional speaker cabinets or amps in-phase with the DC-30.

The preamp sections are based on a layout of two 12AX7’s in Channel 1 and one EF86 in Channel 2. The two 12AX7’s in Channel 1 create a parallel-triode circuit with interactive bass and treble. The one EF86 in Channel 2 consists of a high-gain pentode coupled to a six-position tone switch. Outright benefits include quick dial-in of new tones and an easy return to the settings you prefer.  Also “high treble” cut control, master volume, with a bypass feature that offers flexible control of the power amp section. The power amp is fed by a 12AX7 phase inverter, which drives four EL84 power tubes. The rectifier circuit gives you the flexibility of using one 5AR4 for a quick attack or you can use two 5V4’s for a smooth, round response. Other professional features include an effects loop, half power-mode switch (a conservative 30 watts switching to 15 watts), output impedance selector (4, 8, 16 ohms) and a speaker phase-reverse switch.

Sound on the 212 Combo is delivered through two dissimilar Celestion speakers:  a G12H30 and a Greenback 25, each specially modified through a proprietary MATCHLESS formula.  All of this is encased in an extremely sturdy hand-made 11-ply, 3/4” Baltic birch cabinet, wrapped in richly textured black vinyl.  The finishing touch is our signature backlit nameplate and control panel, which lets you (and the audience) know when the power is on.

HC 30
SC-30
DC-30
Power: 30 Watts
Channels: 2
Controls Ch.1: Volume, Bass, Treble
Controls Ch.2: Volume, Tone, Cut control, Bypassable master volume
Switches: Reverse speaker phase, Hi-lo power, 3 Position rotary Impedance, 6 Position rotary tone
Power Tubes: 4 x EL84
Preamp Tubes: 1 x EF86, 3 x 12AX7
Rectifier Tube: 1 x 5AR4
Features: Dual inputs for each channel, Effects loop
Speaker Output: Switchable impedance of 4, 8, and 16 Ohms
Speaker Configuration: Customized Celestion G12H30
Weight: 70 lbs.
Dimensions: 21 x 21.5 x 10.5

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2018, 05:17:16 PM »
chito eoi,

Yes you can come... Your inbox is full kaya sa thread ko na lang sinabi.

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2018, 07:23:53 PM »
Just a brief explanation of why I put up this event.

I realized that its difficult to actually have people come over.  The amount of equipment in the house is just damn intimidating.  It has gotten to a point that the gear is only used once per year because I keep on rotating amps and guitars.

Most importantly, a band context was needed.  But I realized that the ONLY way to make the Electric Guitar sound great is to make all OTHER instruments sound as great.  So, I started investing in other stuff.  The other stuff are not yet on par with what I have for guitar because the great guitar designers and guitar amp makers are dying off and getting old at an alarming rate.  Thus, I had to concentrate back on purchasing their guitar products while still alive.

Now with regards to other stuff, I had to rely on my ear to pick the bass stuff and of course I read up on Bergantino.  I realized that the Electric Bass Sound is dominated by the design of the Bass Speaker Cabinet more than the bass or the bass amp itself.  I have purposely avoided Class D bass amps because they seem to lack the punch of MOSFET power stages.  I hope to get more bass amps that are 100% tube in the near future but that is getting to be a rarity. So, will see...

With regards to Drums, all cymbals where chosen by me in my travels to Japan, Singapore and Hong Kong.  So, I just did not buy a set blindly.  The Galvanized Steel Q Drums were recommended by Q Drums themselves for rock so I had to trust them but it was worth it.  In my travels to Japan, I am constantly amazed by the available Snare Drums -- its like they have the biggest selection of high end snare drums in the world.  After trying all brands, snare drums start to sound a bit meh...  Different Flavors but not that different EXCEPT this one of a kind VK bronze snare drum.  It just defies all specification.  It had no price tag when I tried it after trying all the other VK drums of different metals.  Lo and behold when I decided to buy, I was shocked by its price.  It was the most expensive snare drum at Drum Station Akihabara.  It was so expensive that the Japanese decided to give me a discount.

With regards to the Vocal Microphones, it is still an opportunity area for me.  I had to look for the Sennheiser microphones in japan because mga low end lang available dito.  But I knew I had to spend more on the PA speakers to be able to cope up with the high decibel guitar amps.  So, I hope to get more high end microphones from USA and Europe.

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2018, 07:33:31 PM »
Update#3:  In a first, the MILAB BDM-01 Condenser kick drum microphone has arrived from Sweden.

This handmade microphone is considered the BEST Bass Drum microphone.  So, will see how it goes.  The PA will be dedicated to vocals and the bass drum microphone.  Cymbals, toms and the snare will not be miced.  Neither guitar amps nor bass amps will be miced.  These things already have high SPLs which I tested in the venue the other day.

I hate it when we lose the bass drum in the mix.

According to MILAB:

The BDM-01 is a dedicated bass drum microphone that is equally at home in the studio and on the road. It is built around our high-class VM-44 capsule and every detail has been specifically designed for the power and sound of the bass drum and other powerful sound sources. The BDM-01 handles an impressive 155 dB without audible distortion.

The high-end condenser capsule gives superior attack and HF response, and the frequency curve has been tailored for that perfect bass drum sound. The dynamic range, sensitivity and pop filters are also optimised for the bass drum.

The BDM-01 was released at the 2009 Prolight + sound fair in Frankfurt and received much attention.

[…] this is a really beautiful-sounding microphone. It has a very natural quality to it, a sort of effortless balance that delivers very much what you expect having heard the drum in the room. […] for kick drum it's a fantastic microphone.

There's something beautiful in the character of this capsule and I think a combination of VM44's and a BDM01 would deliver one of those wonderful recordings that's 'invisible' but not sterile.

This is a microphone that's been designed to a sonic ideal rather than to a budget. It has been designed by ear, not by numbers. It has been designed for the task at hand. It is not cheap, yet neither is it ostentatious. It is the master, not the apprentice.

Summary: A beautiful-sounding, hand-made microphone of a quality that matches its price.

Review in Sound on Sound (UK)
January 2014
In a nutshell, as far as bass drums were concerned, the BDM-01 managed to deliver in spades with every scenario I threw at it.

Dedicated bass drum mics are relatively commonplace nowadays, but there’s nothing common about the BDM-01. Refined and detailed sounding, this newest addition to the Milab range is an impressive addition to the Swedish stable.

Review in Audio Technology (Australia)
October 2009
I'm always looking to get a full and true sound for my drums. That means plenty of attack while retaining the warmth and tone. The VM-44s deliver the true sound of my instrument. And the BMD-01 gives my kick drum the low end punsch without sacrificing power and attack. The perfect combination.

Rodney Holmes
Drummer (Santana, Brecker Brothers, Wayne Shorter, Joe Zawinul etc.)
Excellent!

Omar Hakim
Drummer (Weather Report, Sting, David Bowie, Madonna, Michael Jackson etc.)

« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 07:39:06 PM by firemodel55 »

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2018, 08:11:50 PM »
MILAB BDM-01 Kick Drum Microphone:

That's my actual hand ... it reminds me of well you know the thingy that gets handled.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 08:58:30 PM by firemodel55 »

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2018, 08:13:35 PM »
Actual Pic of 3 monkeys Ze Limited Head, Park George Lynch Limited 50 Head and Bergantino AD2X12 for guitar:

« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 08:20:22 PM by firemodel55 »

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2018, 08:14:54 PM »
Actual Pic of Fender Edge combo, Cornell Plexi 18/20 combo:

« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 08:20:41 PM by firemodel55 »

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2018, 08:15:56 PM »
Actual Pic of the Matchless SC30 and Headstrong Lil King S combos:

« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 08:20:51 PM by firemodel55 »

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2018, 08:17:15 PM »
Actual Pic of Aguilar 751 with Bergantino 6x10 and RCF Nxl-24A of which there will be two of them:

« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 08:21:03 PM by firemodel55 »

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2018, 08:18:19 PM »
Q Drums side shot:

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #46 on: February 23, 2018, 08:18:55 PM »
Q Drums front shot:

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2018, 08:19:53 PM »
Trace Elliot with Bergantino NV115 (this will be used for keyboards):

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #48 on: February 23, 2018, 08:21:50 PM »
As of now, they are too clumped together but will expand the space when the billiard table rolls out tonight...

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #49 on: February 23, 2018, 08:56:51 PM »
No China made stuff except for the mixer, even the RCF PA is made in Italy.  Of course, I am sure they used a lot of China made parts... heh heh.

Also, if you are wondering what the red power cables are; they are from mercury magnetics.