hulika

Author Topic: MAX RUFO's Custom Guitars & Basses w/ pics!  (Read 1228467 times)

Offline lateralis

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: MAX RUFO's Custom Guitars & Basses w/ pics!
« Reply #875 on: April 05, 2008, 08:56:41 PM »
I just finished with one.  Just PM deadlifted on the comparison.  We agreed not to say anything about the V...

Finally, a positive one.
You should've posted your comments right after you tried each guitar Max built.

Offline chris005

• Veteran Member
« Reply #876 on: April 05, 2008, 09:03:26 PM »
"If quality craftsmanship need not be expensive, bakit hindi kayo bumili sa Santa Mesa ng electric guitar?"

based dito, bibili talaga si firemodel55 sa sta. mesa sir lateralis   :-D
FS: ehx,gig-fx,boss,marshall, fernandes sustainer, guyatone

http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=102458.0

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #877 on: April 06, 2008, 12:47:15 AM »
Finally, a positive one.
You should've posted your comments right after you tried each guitar Max built.

Just talk to deadlifted...  It might have been worse comments if I tried it all.  In fairness though at least the V of Deadlifted looks like its more than P20k in person. 
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 12:59:52 AM by firemodel55 »

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #878 on: April 06, 2008, 12:57:21 AM »
so if the threadstarter made an unjustified claim, would it be right that the luthier would be the one catching all the criticism? if it was mang max who claimed he could match other luthiers, yun pa siguro deserving of what is going on in this thread. pero hinde e.

THATS WHY I CRITICIZED THE PICS.  SABI NIYO KASI STICK TO THREAD TOPIC.

im not asking for a friggen masterpiece. i just want a friggen guitar. what i do with it is more important. it is its raison d'etre. a guitar is to be played. and a guitar can only be as good as the person that plays it. sure an ordinary guitar is limiting. an ordinary guitar inhibits you. but inhibitions can help you make most out of what you have.

THIS GUITAR DOES 50% OF THE WORK FOR YOU.

P150,000? any luthier can make a really good loaded guitar with that. all the hi end parts. all the exotic woods. and all the time in the world. im sure even a dink like me could make a really awesome guitar (for myself) with that kind of money.

NOT REALLY CHECK OUT SOME OF THE PRS AT PJC.  SOME ARE DUDS AT LEAST IN MY OPINION.

given i take it slowly and make it into my own guitar and do my music with it. id love it. and nobody else has to love it.

ask a luthier to make an electric guitar with P3000 pesos and unlimited construction time. any luthier. eto a. if gene baker can make me a guitar for P3000 pesos, with his skill, name and all. even if hes majorly cheaping me out, id buy a baker of course. because, come on, its a baker. dun ako makakabilib sa kanya :D

i dont think that the people here who follow mang max should be excempt. of course it is open to criticism. "hindi pulido" "iba ang shape" pero whats the basis?

THE PICS

ill be honest. im pretty sure the guitar im having built will be VASTLY INFERIOR to your baker, mr. Gomez. or any guitar priced higher than what i paid for. however, i cannot afford a baker. i would love to own one though. even try one.

but id have to give up the way i act on stage, the way i strum my guitar, the way i use screwdrivers, the way i pound my guitar, the way i pour ever last bit of energy into finishing one of my bands 7 minute songs. no way id do all those with a really expensive guitar. and the audience wont care if i have a crap one. if i had a really expensive guitar, id rather play alone at home in my bedroom with it. id be too afraid to scratch it up on stage.

NOT ME... I DONT CARE IF IT GETS SCRATCHED.  I CAN JUST SEND IT BACK TO GENE FOR REFIN.

it would make me worry more about taking care of it than do what i love doing which is playing it.

WOULD YOU RAPE A GOOD SOUNDING GUITAR? OR DO YOU TREAT IT WITH RESPECT.  IT MAKES ME THINK YOUR GUITAR SOUNDS BAD IF YOU CANNOT GIVE IT RESPECT.

(i think i just gave you the signal to hide your baker from me... haha)

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #879 on: April 06, 2008, 01:01:15 AM »
maaring masama para sa yo ung "tsk tsk" sir pero hindi sa lahat ng tao, you should agree with me. on the previous page the person said he is not making insinuations.. baka masyado judgmental  lang tayo pare.. para sa akin land ha, kahit wala yong tsk tsk, it doesnt change the message he is trying to tell.. at marami nagsasabi nito, basahin mo early posts and you'll see what I mean..he was telling us facts.. halos doble nga raw ang presyo..too bad some of us are quick to comment pero di naman sila ang nasa situation! marespeto pa at magagalang magsalita at hindi mayayabang..regarding tsk tsk di ko alam what he means.. malay ko din whats on his mind, I cannot read his mind sir, neither any of us do. I'm not sure with you if you have such power..

So why use TSK TSK?

Offline Metal Gear Solid

• Veteran Member
« Reply #880 on: April 06, 2008, 01:45:11 AM »
Deadlifted's V burns your Baker to the ground man.

IMHO IMVHO....

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #881 on: April 06, 2008, 08:37:13 AM »
I am NOT clear on what you mean.  Just PM Deadlifted na lang.

Offline bluesboy1216

« Reply #882 on: April 06, 2008, 09:26:36 AM »
di pa ba natatapos to??? ok ok to firemodel i definitely agree that your baker or rather your guitars are far more better than our max's made guitars..i just hope that the basis of your comparison will be of local luthiers that are making good quality guitars for 2 or 3 times the price of max's guitars yun lang yun. i havent played a perfect guitar for your info i had an ORIGINAL GIBSON SG 1965 with black p90s p.up before i never like the feel of it kaya binenta ko.be reasonable enough for making comparison.your criticisms are very welcome.

san ba loc mo? pag kinuha ko lp ko i might drop by to  your place and have it tested then maybe we could jam a little with your high end guitars and from there maybe we can see and hear the difference.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 09:33:50 AM by bluesboy1216 »
Blues is aint just a music it's a collection of life experiences good or bad.

-SoulGer-

Offline bluesboy1216

« Reply #883 on: April 06, 2008, 09:40:59 AM »
and by the way yung lp na pinagagawa ko is by my "own measurement and specs" just to give you an idea.i dont want to copy the exact same thing even i have all the means and details of copying a GIBBY LP. kaya nga custom eh kasi hindi stereotype yung pinagagawa ko lp.
Blues is aint just a music it's a collection of life experiences good or bad.

-SoulGer-

Offline juwanfidle09

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #884 on: April 06, 2008, 12:17:57 PM »
and by the way yung lp na pinagagawa ko is by my "own measurement and specs" just to give you an idea.i dont want to copy the exact same thing even i have all the means and details of copying a GIBBY LP. kaya nga custom eh kasi hindi stereotype yung pinagagawa ko lp.

para sa akin lang, parang walang "artistic freedom" yung mga magpapaggawa at si Mang Max kung susundin nila yung mga original specs ng mga known brands.  :-)

Offline gitarakista27

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #885 on: April 06, 2008, 01:28:35 PM »
WOULD YOU RAPE A GOOD SOUNDING GUITAR? OR DO YOU TREAT IT WITH RESPECT.  IT MAKES ME THINK YOUR GUITAR SOUNDS BAD IF YOU CANNOT GIVE IT RESPECT.

Stevie Ray Vaughan had a wonderful guitar and he treated it like crap. If I'm not mistaken, Rory Gallagher left his strat out on the rain and he had a beautiful sounding guitar.

Offline deadlifted

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #886 on: April 06, 2008, 01:59:48 PM »
para sa akin lang, parang walang "artistic freedom" yung mga magpapaggawa at si Mang Max kung susundin nila yung mga original specs ng mga known brands.  :-)

kaya nga yung V na pinagawa ko, BC Rich Warbeast headstock yung nakalagay. :-D
proud owner of Max Rufo custom guitars. call (02) 4427908

Offline paengkee

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #887 on: April 06, 2008, 02:03:37 PM »
Stevie Ray Vaughan had a wonderful guitar and he treated it like crap. If I'm not mistaken, Rory Gallagher left his strat out on the rain and he had a beautiful sounding guitar.

last time i checked, jimi hendrix burned, smashed and destrung strats. pete townshend smashes sgs. thurston moore uses a screwdriver on his mustangs/jaguars. and they all sound good. different. but good.

i would rape a good sounding guitar. because it feels DAMN GOOD.

Offline paengkee

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #888 on: April 06, 2008, 02:11:31 PM »
steve vai with a jem sounds like steve vai with a jem

steve vai with a raon guitar will sound like... steve vai with a raon guitar. whether it sounds good or bad.

only a guitar player can make a guitar sound good or bad. only a guitar player can  do it justice.  a veteran guitar player with a rockstar tele sounds better than a newbie with a prs and i think many would agree.

Offline bluebossa

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #889 on: April 06, 2008, 02:26:55 PM »
di parin tapos ang gulo?

talaga naman...ang alamat ni alex gomez.bow

Offline gitarakista27

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #890 on: April 06, 2008, 02:29:49 PM »
di parin tapos ang gulo?

talaga naman...ang alamat ni alex gomez.bow

yea...hahahaha so whats new. parang di na tayo nasanay..

Kuya Rigil nagpacustom kaba kay mang max?

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #891 on: April 06, 2008, 04:07:34 PM »

You forgot to mention the part when SRV realized how important and unique NO.1 was and tried to retire it so that it would not be abused anymore.

Offline markLAKANDULA

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #892 on: April 06, 2008, 09:34:26 PM »
You forgot to mention the part when SRV realized how important and unique NO.1 was and tried to retire it so that it would not be abused anymore.

what the???!!! andito ka pa din para manggulo???wahahhaha  :-D :-D :-D

BADTRIP!!!!!!!!!!!!! tenenenen..

RAKENROL a$$#@l3!!!!!!!!

Offline gitarakista27

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #893 on: April 06, 2008, 09:48:35 PM »

My bad.  But its still nice to watch him toss it around when he played third stone from the sun at El Mocambo in 1983.

Which makes me think, magkano kaya if magpacustom ako ng strat relic kay mang max. :)

Offline paengkee

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #894 on: April 06, 2008, 09:57:05 PM »
My bad.  But its still nice to watch him toss it around when he played third stone from the sun at El Mocambo in 1983.

Which makes me think, magkano kaya if magpacustom ako ng strat relic kay mang max. :)

pagawa ka ng strat then relic it yourself. :P

Offline gitarakista27

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #895 on: April 06, 2008, 09:58:14 PM »
pagawa ka ng strat then relic it yourself. :P

oryt. i'll pm you through YM with that.

Offline Erdy

« Reply #896 on: April 06, 2008, 10:01:12 PM »
kaya nga yung V na pinagawa ko, BC Rich Warbeast headstock yung nakalagay. :-D

sir sa iyo b yung v na nandun kay mang max na ebony ang neck and fretboard???

lupeet nun ahh...  :roll:

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #897 on: April 06, 2008, 10:11:49 PM »
steve vai with a jem sounds like steve vai with a jem

steve vai with a raon guitar will sound like... steve vai with a raon guitar. whether it sounds good or bad.

only a guitar player can make a guitar sound good or bad. only a guitar player can  do it justice.  a veteran guitar player with a rockstar tele sounds better than a newbie with a prs and i think many would agree.

SO WHY THE HELL DOES STEVE VAI INSIST THAT HE KEEPS ON TOURING WITH EVO FOR THE PAST 8 OR 10 YEARS?

Offline chris005

• Veteran Member
« Reply #898 on: April 06, 2008, 10:12:28 PM »
what the???!!! andito ka pa din para manggulo???wahahhaha  :-D :-D :-D

BADTRIP!!!!!!!!!!!!! tenenenen..

RAKENROL a$$#@l3!!!!!!!!

kulit no?!    :lol:
FS: ehx,gig-fx,boss,marshall, fernandes sustainer, guyatone

http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=102458.0

Offline markLAKANDULA

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #899 on: April 06, 2008, 10:13:49 PM »
SO WHY THE HELL DOES STEVE VAI INSIST THAT HE KEEPS ON TOURING WITH EVO FOR THE PAST 8 OR 10 YEARS?

ksi endorser sya ng ibanyez eh....ahahaha...kanya kanyang trip lang yan,walang pakialamanan..woohoooooo