hulika

Author Topic: MAX RUFO's Custom Guitars & Basses w/ pics!  (Read 1221032 times)

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: MAX RUFO's Custom Guitars & Basses w/ pics!
« Reply #925 on: April 07, 2008, 08:59:55 AM »
You're going out of line. Definitely out of topic.

I was just answering paengkee. 

Offline the quite one

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #926 on: April 07, 2008, 09:07:38 AM »

you should start your own thread that would advertise your fav. this place is aint for you. or have your lover make you a custom guitar worth 15k then lets compare, alam ko magaling ka sa mga Nitoy Gonzales at Lydia Bayaton.. hagibis din ata :lol: galing mo pre, super.. alam ko apat nga kayo e.. feeling research persons
« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 09:08:49 AM by the quite one »

Offline lateralis

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #927 on: April 07, 2008, 09:10:59 AM »

It's as if you're promoting your Baker here.
Get FHM or PULP to promote your guitar there or create another 'BAKER' thread.

« Last Edit: April 14, 2008, 07:54:11 AM by lateralis »

Offline awitee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #928 on: April 07, 2008, 09:12:59 AM »
i was going to pm lateralis, but since i see that people arent really using the pm function to answer/talk with someone or have a debate with another person, ill just post my suggestion to him in this thread even if it is a little off topic :roll:
lateralis, change the thread title to something like "alex is God", because he is, IMO  :roll:,  and just make a new thread for mang max that, hopefully, wouldn't be ruined
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"Heart>>Technique>>Guitar>>effects>>amp\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"

Offline the quite one

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #929 on: April 07, 2008, 09:21:34 AM »
i was going to pm lateralis, but since i see that people arent really using the pm function to answer/talk with someone or have a debate with another person, ill just post my suggestion to him in this thread even if it is a little off topic :roll:
lateralis, change the thread title to something like "alex is God", because he is, IMO  :roll:,  and just make a new thread for mang max that, hopefully, wouldn't be ruined

God with a capital G? this is blasphemy.. besides it doesnt fit the man described kahit na small g. e lalong magpapakumbaba yan at di na mangle lecture.. I'm sorry but I disagree :lol:

Offline lateralis

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #930 on: April 07, 2008, 09:23:47 AM »

I can bro, however, I am sure as hell that Firemodel55 will still insist that his Bakers will always outstand any of Max's guitars.

Offline awitee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #931 on: April 07, 2008, 09:33:49 AM »
hmmm, wala tayong takas kay alex, thats why God siya, khit ano pang gear/guitar thread ang gawin mo, lagi yan pupunta dyan at ipapaalala/iimply sa lahat na cheap @ss tayo kasi walang laban gears ntin sa kanya, na wag na tayo magsayang ng oras at pera sa mga ibang gamit kasi panalo parin ung mga bakers nya sa kung ano mang guitar meron mo :|
hay.. wala akong pera pambili ng baker.. mag quiquit na ako mag guitar kasi pinakaimportante naman sa paglaro ng guitar is to have the best gears, wala naman yan sa pagenjoy natin gumawa ng music eh.. :roll:
hay sorry at alam ko sabi ko dati na d nako hihirit pa, pero.. d ko matiis, sorry , last na tlga toh
ang weird pa is sabi ni deadlifted mabaet namn daw c alex in person at hindi naman daw parang mayabang, iba tlaga ang mga kayang sabihin through your keyboard at in person no? :lol:

Offline digitalcyco

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #932 on: April 07, 2008, 09:44:26 AM »
I'm sure Mang Max can build a guitar with comparable quality to a Baker if he was given the materials and time.

Back to topic na lang kaya tayo hehehehe.

Sa mga nagpagawa kay Mang Max... how are his fretboards? Just curious lang, I might GAS spontanousley next month and try have a guitar made by him.

This is a forum siggy.

Offline awitee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #933 on: April 07, 2008, 09:49:32 AM »
aus ung gawa ni mang max bro! medyo nakakasawa narin sabhin at marinig pero, punta ka sa kanya para itry bro hehe, because as we all know, to each his own :wink:

Offline digitalcyco

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #934 on: April 07, 2008, 09:58:56 AM »
aus ung gawa ni mang max bro! medyo nakakasawa narin sabhin at marinig pero, punta ka sa kanya para itry bro hehe, because as we all know, to each his own :wink:

maybe soon, I am based in Bacolod hehehe I only get to fly to Manila every few months and for sure I will take the time to go visit his shop. :D

This is a forum siggy.

Offline awitee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #935 on: April 07, 2008, 10:09:59 AM »
aaahh bacolod pala haha layo nga
uu pare bisita kayo sa kanya pag punta mo dto, may mga nakakasabay nga ako din sa shop nya na taga mindanao pa eh haha :mrgreen:
definitely worth it

Offline lateralis

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #936 on: April 07, 2008, 10:15:32 AM »
I'm sure Mang Max can build a guitar with comparable quality to a Baker if he was given the materials and time.

Back to topic na lang kaya tayo hehehehe.

Sa mga nagpagawa kay Mang Max... how are his fretboards? Just curious lang, I might GAS spontanousley next month and try have a guitar made by him.

He has ebony & other local woods but I forgot what they call them.
He also does custom inlays. Don't forget to visit his shop when you get here bro, I'm certain you'll enjoy his guitars.

Offline Metal Gear Solid

• Veteran Member
« Reply #937 on: April 07, 2008, 11:35:02 AM »
kaso lang talaga walang jumbo frets! although ndi naman masyado malayo pinagkaiba ng medium jumbo, hindi lang ako komportable. kaya natatagalan pagawa ko sa kanya. i have to order from stewmac jumbo fretwires for a sevenstring neck....

can someone give mang max jumbo frets!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!

and yes, access to black hardware din.

Offline paengkee

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #938 on: April 07, 2008, 11:44:53 AM »
It is my personal standard now.  How I wish everybody could recreate it so that it can become affordable and everyone's standard.  In my case: " I never knew that there could be so much more in a guitar".  Thats one reason why I was weary to compare it to a Mang Max.  When this guitar arrived, it caused me to sell all my other non-baker guitars.  As you probably know, I am down to 2 bakers.   

From the start I was skeptical before Baker#55 arrived, I was ready with a PLAN B to have the guitar sent back to USA and sold somewhere else because I believed my Japanese Guitars that sounded so good that it would kick a USA guitar in the ass. Fortunately or unfortunately at least for me, I got a surprise lesson on tone.  When it first arrived, I and my close luthier friend were laughing about the flame.  The case even had more flame!!!  But after plugging in.  We were floored.   From that point, I did understand Ron Thorn. What we realized that more than specifications and workmanship, that this guitar was a product of years of experience and exposure to the very best guitars.  It was simply not something you could design yourself.  It was a personal custom by the luthier himself.     

"How I wish everybody could recreate it so that it can become affordable and everyone's standard."

i would love for that to happen. but of course, hanggang pangarap lang yan unless i win the lottery or something. well having one made from mang max, i cant expect baker levels of goodness but like i said, for a guy like me, any guitar id own next would definitely be better than the one i owned last. and maybe in time ill get better and better and my taste (and wallet) would upgrade.

if i had P150,000 would i have a max rufo custom made? id probably not spend it all on it (not that i dont have faith in mang max or anything. id definitely want to try something different for a change). but if i have some money left over (which i probably would haha) id still have a guitar comissioned.

i think max rufo offers a "stepping stone" for guitarists who want to get a feel of having a personalized guitar made for em. there are some of us here who havent really tried the best guitars in the planet yet (GRRRR lucky you, deadlifted). i sort of see myself as lucky rin naman. at least sa ngayon di ako naapekto ng gas.

well thanks for giving a little clarification on your being adamantly glued to the idea of a quality guitar. but yea, to each his own na lang talaga.

o tara guys, on topic na ulit.

guise, sino ba sa inyo regular pumupunta sa shop ni mang max? taga davao kasi ako and si faceless ang nag checheck for me. the prob is, hes a busy man and i wouldnt want to bother him by making him go out of the way for me. pa favor naman o. pwede nyo akong balitaan about the guitar im having made? pm me if pwede and ill give you my contact number.

Offline lateralis

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #939 on: April 07, 2008, 11:51:25 AM »
kaso lang talaga walang jumbo frets! although ndi naman masyado malayo pinagkaiba ng medium jumbo, hindi lang ako komportable. kaya natatagalan pagawa ko sa kanya. i have to order from stewmac jumbo fretwires for a sevenstring neck....

Yeah, I wish there are people here who could help him get those that are not available locally so he could help us out as well.

Offline paengkee

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #940 on: April 07, 2008, 11:51:55 AM »

yeah +1 on black hardware.

i originally wanted my guitar to be white. but walang black hardware si mang max (sa ngayon). so pina natural ko na lang. natural plus chrome is good in my book

wishlist:

extra jumbo fretwires (tall)
black hardware
different pickguard materials

imo  max rufo should get in touch with BOSSINGBOSS (aka GASSINGGASS)

most of the hardware ng guitar ko will come from me. nag order ako sa guitarfetish via bossingboss e
« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 11:55:02 AM by paengkee »

Offline digitalcyco

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #941 on: April 07, 2008, 11:54:31 AM »

aw. i was thinking of having a custum seven.

well... thinking lang. im still financially incapable of GAS'in on another new guitar hehehe.
This is a forum siggy.

Offline Metal Gear Solid

• Veteran Member
« Reply #942 on: April 07, 2008, 12:14:36 PM »
LOL @ BOSSINGBOSS (aka GASSINGGASS)

Offline rfe

• Veteran Member
« Reply #943 on: April 07, 2008, 01:38:55 PM »

Offline bendedbeam

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #944 on: April 07, 2008, 02:34:57 PM »
Kamusta naman ang fretwork and nut placement ni Mang Max? If anyone of you can post close up pics of his custom guitars around the nut and fret placement I'd really appreciate it. I'm looking at visiting his shop this weekend for nut replacement and fix problems on 2nd and 12th fret.

Thanks thanks!!!
---------------------------------
It's not the guitar's fault...

Offline deadlifted

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #945 on: April 07, 2008, 04:56:30 PM »
ok will do. antay ka lang. :-D
proud owner of Max Rufo custom guitars. call (02) 4427908

Offline vhunter

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #946 on: April 07, 2008, 06:47:40 PM »
BTW you can buy jumbo 6105 frets of ebay. 12.95 lang ata! plus shipping di hihigit 20 bucks = 840 pesos. :D

Hope that helps.

Offline tejadster

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #947 on: April 07, 2008, 07:49:12 PM »
wag nyo na lang pansinin yang si firemodel55 kasi lahat ng luthier ginaganyan nya pwero lang yung prefered luthier nya
yah.. and stop picking on mang max.. magsama kayo ni gene baker mo...

Offline deadlifted

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #948 on: April 07, 2008, 08:27:49 PM »
eto na yung fretwire at nut pics:
disclaimer: hindi ako magaling kumuha ng pics. :lol:

proud owner of Max Rufo custom guitars. call (02) 4427908

Offline markLAKANDULA

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #949 on: April 07, 2008, 08:37:00 PM »
RAKENROL MANG MAX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S.

firemodel55,start another thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dont argue with us man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

i'm taking you DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wahahahaha

i'm happy with my guitar that MANG MAX made!!!!!!!!!!!