hulika

Author Topic: Why I hate artist endorsed Major Brands?  (Read 52174 times)

Offline Lahed92801

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Why I hate artist endorsed Major Brands?
« Reply #175 on: August 19, 2007, 08:35:09 AM »
Would you guys remember who endorsed first with an artist signature series?

For signature guitars?  I cannot remember. Possibly Fender or Ibanez.
For signature FX?  Could it be Digitech?

Please feel free to add and correct.  Thanks.
I think Gibson? Because 60's lang yata may Tal Farlow model na sila

Diba DOD pa sila nun? Not so sure, 16 lang ako i wasnt around YET hehehe

« Reply #176 on: August 19, 2007, 08:51:30 AM »
whatever happened to pickup thy guitar and rock?...i guess when slash picked up his first guitar...he didn't worry about the price tags and decals and all that jazz...he just wanted to rock....he wanted to blow the people's minds away...honestly when i hear his guitar tone...there are some fret buzzes in his gibson les paul but it still sounds good...there is no such things as perfect tone...heck nothing is perfect...it's how we get around the imperfections that make us great players and good musicians...when we started playing or putting up our own bands we didn't worry about this stuff...who's got the most expensive gear...oh...i'm the only one with this in the country...where is the spirit that drove us to play the music that we loved?...to be considered unique even though we were outcasts...where has all that gone?....
i guess rock n' roll really is dead....

ang drama ko...godddammit.... :?
the world is full of kings and queens who blind your eyes and steal your dreams...

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #177 on: August 19, 2007, 09:55:11 AM »
Nice name dude.  Yeah rock n roll is dead.  I guess people are tired of hearing guitar driven rock though I like the new metal stuff.   If you look at it; Britney Spears probably made more money than Slash.  She endorses Pepsi and does not endorse a microphone.  By the way Slash has hundreds of Les Pauls, so he did not start out with them but somehow acquired so many.  I wonder why.  Thats still rock n roll to me.  Just as the 50s and 60s and  70s has passed so will our rock n roll music.  We would probably end up like RJ -- nothing bad about that.  As I said before, I will not pay US$3,000 for a Slash Gibson Model that sounds bad.  As you pointed out, he never started with expensive guitars and actually began with a Max Guitars Gibson Knock off that even looked better than Gibson.

I have said this before -- Aside from musical composition which I highlighted as the most important.  We have to fix our guitar tone.  Because majority of Filipinos don't want to or cannot stand buzz saw guitar sound and as the years go by it gets worse.  More buzz saw and more harsh highs.  I rather have better sounding equipment than considered unique.

You ask me where the spirit is?  I say look into your composition dude.

Offline stratboy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #178 on: August 19, 2007, 10:19:32 AM »
wasnt the les paul the first signature guitar?

Offline cowboi_way

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #179 on: August 19, 2007, 11:07:55 AM »
this thread is useless w/out pixtyor. :-D
fender standard strat (standard lang)squire by fender strat cali (crap)fender fm 25dsp (crappy)marshall ms-2r (great sounding amp, cool od)yamaha fx370c (ok na rin)kahon - maestro ( nakita sa mag used by escueta)line 6 - floor pod ( yeah  ! )
fender-dc60

Offline Lahed92801

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #180 on: August 19, 2007, 11:14:30 AM »

Ay onga pala >_< yung "Log" nga pala na rinedesign ng gibson para sa kaniya hehehe

Offline farseer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #181 on: August 19, 2007, 11:33:45 AM »

Im sure nauna diyan ang  Gibson nick lucas L-00 :-)

« Reply #182 on: August 19, 2007, 09:02:04 PM »
i agree with you totally sir...thanks...i actually got it from a pink floyd song...the floyd is one of the greatest bands on my list...i love gilmour's tone...he's the tone monster for me...strats/emg's and hiwatts...so heavenly....
tone is the biggest factor indeed in a guitar player's arsenal...i remember when i started playing...i just wanted the guitar to be noisy...and through the years...playing with different guitars(started on les paul's, strats, superstrats)...i found my way to that holy grail...
thanks again sir for enlightening us :-)...
the world is full of kings and queens who blind your eyes and steal your dreams...

Offline mahavishnu

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #183 on: August 20, 2007, 12:55:07 PM »
nice nick, from relics eh? im a floyd fan too, set the controls to the heart of the sun.

anyway going back, i agree with your point. i think most brands or signature models these artists are endorsing doesnt even come close to what they're using. maybe a little. it still goes down to the wood, construction and the tone, regardless of what it says in the headstock.

« Reply #184 on: August 20, 2007, 05:51:17 PM »
yes...artist signature guitars aren't really for everybody...that's why they're signatures...it's made for the artist themselves...it's what these artists want in their guitars...and sometimes(well, most of the time)...what they want isn't necessarilly what we want...and mass production really f**ks up the market of these signatures when the market versions are made and released...that's why i don't really have any desire for these artist versions...the only that's painful to see is how we can be so critical with some of the products these artists endorse...i mean music is supposed to be about being open minded...if we hate them so much let's just don't use them...i guess the filipino mentality na "bakit di na lang ako yung kinuha nila para magendorse?...kaya ko rin naman yung ginagawa nila ah..." rears it's ugly head...in the end we can't really blame vai and van halen...as we all say...money is the root of all evil... :mrgreen:

« Reply #185 on: August 20, 2007, 05:53:12 PM »
thanks mr. vishnu...may forum ba dito para sa mga floyd fans?as you can see i'm a newbie...if wala let's start one...thanks... :-D

Offline mahavishnu

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #186 on: August 20, 2007, 06:29:30 PM »
ot: there used to be.. its somewhere here in guitarcentral, i think twas about the pulse concert

Offline bakit?

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #187 on: August 20, 2007, 08:19:12 PM »
I LIKE PANSIT CANTON AS IT IS CHEAP AND SATISFYING BUT WILL NOT REFUSE PANSIT CANTON SERVED AT ANY FANCY SCMANCY PLACE AS LONG AS I CAN AFFORD IT.

pareho clang nakakabusog at masarap para sa akin,so the fuss about boutique gears and whatnots is not really that big deal to me.

if you can afford it thats fine,if not that is still ok just as long as you enjoy what you play.
I believe that the definition of definition is reinvention. To not be like your parents. To not be like your friends. To be yourself.

Completely.

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #188 on: August 22, 2007, 07:23:07 AM »
What Brand of Pancit Canton do you eat?

Offline fraudulentzodiac

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #189 on: August 22, 2007, 10:36:28 AM »
thanks mr. vishnu...may forum ba dito para sa mga floyd fans?as you can see i'm a newbie...if wala let's start one...thanks... :-D
yeah count me in too!hehe. :lol: I just love Gilmour's solo in Comfortably Numb at the Pulse concert, epic!

anyway, I use the DG20, sorry dude pero I couldn't stop myself from wanting the pro series set instead of just getting a set of SA's hehe. :lol:

BTW, what about EJ's signature strat, a lot of people say that it could probably be one of the best strats ever made.

Offline jomzki

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #190 on: September 27, 2008, 09:29:26 PM »
it makes the price higher most of the time...??!!!

Offline haxo55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #191 on: September 27, 2008, 09:55:32 PM »
it makes the price higher most of the time...??!!!

binuhay ang patay...
Quote from: Philmusic.com
News:
oh yeah, our search engine is powered by Chuck Norris as well

Offline chromeknive

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #192 on: September 27, 2008, 11:00:07 PM »
6 Cycle Mind. Each got a house & lot and a car for the Tanduay deal.

Natawa lang ako dito haha. God I hate that band.

Great thread, what I wanted to say in response was said in the first page by someone else.

This is awesome- no one's automatically angry by default or being an oppressed victim. (But I stopped reading at page 6 ata.)

Offline phektus

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #193 on: September 28, 2008, 09:19:30 AM »
All about money and prestige. [/thread]
beautiful, beautiful music

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #194 on: May 07, 2013, 04:05:01 PM »
This is a good read!
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *
PEDALS & ACCESSORIES FOR SALE
PM: http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=283433.0      FB: https://www.facebook.com/RcMusicEmporium