hulika

Poll

Kung born-to-be musician ka, ano'ng mas gusto mo? choose only one! ;)

Yumaman
18 (69.2%)
Sumikat
8 (30.8%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Author Topic: BAKIT BA MAHIRAP ANG PERA SA MUSIKA???  (Read 19530 times)

Offline Female Vocalist

• Philmusicus Noobitus
BAKIT BA MAHIRAP ANG PERA SA MUSIKA???
« on: February 11, 2007, 11:52:31 PM »
Isang napaka-typical question. Well, of course except for those sorta/super-famous musicians...unless mag-sold out ang album mo o kaya naman puro mall tours ka, or always used as an official jingle for a marketing campaign ang kanta mo...dun ka lang may pera.

In short, pag sikat ka na, dun ka lang magkakaroon ng salapi. Kung hindi...well you guys get the idea..we settle for the money-making opportunity that come our way though not exactly fulfilling.

Although money is never everything, we can't deny the fact that it can certainly make us eat, drink, and make some more music!

Kaya sa opinyon ninyo, bakit nga ba mahirap yumaman sa mundo ng musika???
« Last Edit: February 11, 2007, 11:55:16 PM by Female Vocalist »

Offline Santo Muerte

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: BAKIT BA MAHIRAP ANG PERA SA MUSIKA???
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2007, 02:38:13 AM »
Kung magaling kang gumawa ng mga patawa o pa-kenkoy na mga novelty songs na kawiwilihan ng mga jologs o kaya mahilig kang mag-revive ng mga kantang kumita na noon kahit papaano siguro kikita ka ng malaki.

Offline higad

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2007, 09:40:06 AM »
BIGAYAN KASI NG BIGAYAN.

pero kupsie din naman kung magpaparockstar effect ka e.

so kahit alin dyan, meron at merong pwedeng mawala sayo.

tatlo lang talaga siguro ang dapat meron ka (imo)

1. GALING
2. DISKARTE
3. PAKIKISAMA

mas malapit kang mapupunta sa pagiging succesful on both sides, fame and wealth :)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2007, 09:43:01 AM by higad »
Pare1: Pare, bat naman hanggang ngayon wala ka pang syota? wala ka pa<br />bang napupusuan?<br />Pare2: Meron.. Manhid ka lang!<br /><br />heegad.multiply.com

Offline mudcoremaine

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2007, 05:17:13 PM »
true. whether we like it or not, involved and financial and fame issues sa music. pero kung ako ang tatanungin, i just wanted to be heard. fame and fortune from music won't make me happy. if i want money source, hindi ko siguro gagamitin ang music, kase in my case, posibleng maapektuhan nun ang tugtugan namin, mahirap yun kase hindi purong kami yung lalabas sa musika.
karhat man!

Offline BassCog

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2007, 12:46:09 AM »
well, best to get a day job if you can't make money with the music...yun lang yun talaga eh.

Offline IncX

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2007, 01:19:50 AM »

well, music is not a basic need.

we are in a 3rd world country... a country characterized with having not enough basic needs to go around.

ppl work all day and scrounge up whatever it is they need and as a result, never have time to appreciate art or music. i can relate, i mean, back when i was working on my business (it was losing money), i barely had time to listen to music. i travel and work for like 12 hours a day and when i get home, i wanna sleep or do something that doesnt require me to think ... listening to new music or even technical music requires me to think a lot compared to when listening to the old stuff i am familiar with.

just take the above situation and apply it to ppl who are in dire financial straits and unlike me who listened to "basic american influenced music," these guys exposure to music are limited to noontime shows and radio stations with 'kukurukuku' jokes on them ... they dont have time to listen to led zeppelin or blues, because those kinds of music require them to assimilate something new... and that action requires thinking, something you dont wanna do when you are tired.

i dont think you can get rich with music and music alone... you have to be a showbiz personality and a performer at the same time ... sadly, the only way to financial stability and music now is thru reality shows like Pinoy Dream Academy. other than that, i dont think you can be financially stable... a good example is the situation of bands like Kala... Kala is a good band, they blend pangmasa experiences with good technical playing, and i love them (i hate more than i love, hehehe), but i dont think they will be lying down whole day waiting for a gig or their next royalty check. as a matter of fact, i dont think they have enough income that allow them to change strings every gig or throw away 100 guitar picks to the audience. im not even sure that big bands like bamboo and parokya ni edgar can do that ... although parokya is kinda "big" compared to other rock bands, but still, i think their annual income wont beat an SM manager's paycheck - at least they live the rock life though, hehe.

gone are the days when even bands like April Boys or Aegis can be financially stable in pinas... even those pangmasa personalities can only make money abroad (not in pinas) ... playing smoke on the water in front of OCW's or whatever it is written in tissue papers handed to them.

as for me... i'd rather make NO MONEY playing my music, rather than force myself to play 5 hours worth of cover songs 5 days a week while earning something not even close to a US based registered nurse's paycheck.

just get a fun day job, as Bass Cog said. its not as bad as you think. take this from a guy who dreamed of making money from music when he was 16 till he became realistic when he turned 22 four years ago. hehe. stop being lazy. dont make music your excuse to ignore the realities in life.

Offline BassCog

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2007, 01:29:37 AM »
I hear you on that. While I would love to have musical success to the point that I can live comfortably off it, and then retire and get a nice business going after ten years...to be honest, I would rather have music as a sideline. That way, I can play what I want. If people like us, it's cool, if not, it's cool, too (even if I think that rabid hate is very uncool, in that respect).

In that sense, i think my band has been lucky, in that we've never had to "think about how the crowds will like us". We just play, and give as good a show as we can give with our music. Money? it's a great thing, but we don't count on it beyond paying for some band-related expenses.

Offline chupao

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2007, 09:57:48 AM »
ako kasi dalwa eh . . pareho kong pipiliin un . .

siguro nga kung pumatok ung music nio . . ok . .

kumbaga panahon lang yan

okaya nagkakataon

pero siguro di rin totoo un basta lang maappriciate (tama ba spelling) ng mga tao music at binibili nila't  minamahal ang music nio,  ayos diba un nmn talaga ang purpose ng music eh to communicate depende sa emotion ng kanta at sa klase ng tunog

hindi dahil sikat kau o kung anu man un
syempre kahit papano source of income mo ang music dahil pag nagkaka gig
or siguro pag may label na kau hahaha

ewan ko un ang nkikita ko eh

opinion ko un hahaha

Offline DreamJem

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2007, 11:42:16 AM »
ill choose both, fame and money...if you're really really really good..you can have both...there's lots of bands out there who've made a name for themselves and made a lot of money too...but...if you make one wrong move..YOU CAN LOSE IT ALL!
they may say i'm a DREAMER, but i'm not the only one.

Offline Mute

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2007, 05:07:26 PM »
di lang sa music mahirap ang pera, mahirap ang pera sa Pinas because its third world, I agree with what basscog said. Tinamaan ako nun.
i willnot GROW OLD

Offline djspit

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2007, 05:16:07 PM »
as a musician.. gusto ko muna magpayaman.. kahit di sa pamamaraan ng music.. kahit sa ibang field...

para mabili ko lahat ng gamit na kelangan ko.. gawa ng sariling studio sa bahay.. para kahit alas 3 ng madaling araw eh pag me pumasok sa utak ko eh.. record agad...

just doing music to fullfill my passion .. pumatok o hinde =)
http://www.facebook.com/djmyke/pages#!/pages/DJMYKE/255868169639 IMAC 24" core2duo Logic Pro 9, Ableton Live 8, Reason 6.0, Apogee Duet2, axiom49,Keystation 88es, Yamaha dx100, Rode NT1a, Yamaha HS80m,Taylor 614, Taylor GS Mini, Fender Telecaster USA. ban

Offline BassCog

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2007, 07:28:52 PM »
well said, djspit. I'm working my ass of right now simply because I realize that if i want to be able to support my music with a degree of comfort and ease...well, it's time to work!

Offline Female Vocalist

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2007, 09:22:28 PM »
A day job and serious jamming sessions... I wouldn't be surprised how artists can seem insane to those who aren't. Artists live schizo lives. Parang curse, pero blessing na din. At least multi-talented naman.  :-)

Offline djspit

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2007, 12:18:41 AM »
A day job and serious jamming sessions... I wouldn't be surprised how artists can seem insane to those who aren't. Artists live schizo lives. Parang curse, pero blessing na din. At least multi-talented naman.  :-)

a nice day job would make you more hungry to make music sa gabi =)    the urge will get worse.. and thats a nice feeling to have....  all the sounds inside your mind.... waiting to be written.. waiting to be in harmony
http://www.facebook.com/djmyke/pages#!/pages/DJMYKE/255868169639 IMAC 24" core2duo Logic Pro 9, Ableton Live 8, Reason 6.0, Apogee Duet2, axiom49,Keystation 88es, Yamaha dx100, Rode NT1a, Yamaha HS80m,Taylor 614, Taylor GS Mini, Fender Telecaster USA. ban

Offline djspit

« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2007, 12:24:58 AM »
if you pursued music because you wana get famous and earn big...

never go with a band.. mahirap hehe...

if you think you can make music well and follow the packaging of ex. christian bautista or JAY-R ...(solo career)
thats the way to go... =)   jayR got millions now and hes now building his own club and a 600 sq.meter recording studio in makati............. whatakingdom =)

well mahirap ang high hopes... pero if you're just true to your music... letting it all out freely... and enjoying every part of it.. with others.... you'll feel richer than any other rapper in the usa =) hehe

Offline Female Vocalist

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2007, 07:29:05 PM »
another challenge is when you have your day job you feel it's not the major you. you'd rather be somewhere else and sing, make people happy through your music. you want to influence others through touching them even with just one song. just to make them stop, listen for a while, think about what you meant with your song--ang saya na nun. haay naku, mahirap talaga 'pag masyadong idealistic!

Offline veronica

« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2007, 11:13:12 PM »
ganun talaga.. hayy..  :|

sabi nga ng tito ko mag-fulltime na daw ako sa songwriting but mahirap eh, di ako makasarili

Offline kaloy

• Netizen Level
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2007, 08:28:14 PM »
For me pare, wala akong napili sa dalawa. para sa mga totoong musikero, di nla hinahanap ang mga ganyang bagay. masarap lang talagang tumugtog...  :roll:
we already played fast, Let us see how to play good

Offline daemonite

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2007, 12:49:13 AM »
i'm not going to be hypocritical about this. Everybody has a dream to shine, and when they reach it, money will soon come flowing in. pero habang hindi ka pa sikat, bakit hindi ka muna magpayaman? Recording takes a lot of hard work and money. I don't believe in home recording bullsh*t. Para sa mga mayaman rin lang yun. Don't you ever wonder why artists are rich people to begin with? hindi na uso ngayon yung kumakanta ka kung saan saan tapos bigla ka na lang madi-discover tapos sisikat ka at yayaman ka agad. Sa dami ng manloloko sa panahon na to, mahirap itiwala ang talent sa ibang tao, kaya ang iba nagsasarili na lang....
Drummer / Keyboardist
PrimeApes / Chuckoy Vicuņa Combo
https://soundcloud.com/daemon-keys

Offline catherine_wheel

« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2007, 03:53:27 AM »
ayt. sariling lakad ata ang labanan ngayon.

Offline daemonite

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2007, 11:14:19 AM »
Yup, kawawa yung mga middle-class people who got a lot of talent from hardwork but are not given the chance to shine dahil sa pera and connections.

Andami magagaling na songwriters rin na hindi napapansin dahil sa connections. If only these people were discovered then we won't have to be annoyed by the fondness of cover songs nowadays....
Drummer / Keyboardist
PrimeApes / Chuckoy Vicuņa Combo
https://soundcloud.com/daemon-keys

Offline uno

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2007, 03:56:12 PM »
We're talking about money & fame. Parang business to, advantage ang may capital. Talent is prime factor, but without connections, and without money to connect...mahirap talaga. A day job is a must for struggling musician. :lol:

Offline Gep

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2007, 12:29:57 PM »
Sabi nga e, "Being in a band is a luxury of the rich".

Offline coolvoice

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2007, 04:00:06 PM »
kapag sikat ka yayaman ka......

ang problema nga lang eh kung paano ka sisikat....

kapag mayaman ka pwede mo gamitin ang pera mo para sumikat....

kapag sikat ka pwede mo gamitin ang kasikatan mo para yumaman....

Offline kaffee

« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2007, 03:31:03 AM »
Ask the pirates. I don't think they have a problem with money or meeting with monthly overheads and other expenses: sellers, location, tong, CD Media, PCs, duplicators, playback system, CD inlay reproduction, xerox on colored paper, etc, etc, etc.