hulika

Author Topic: Electronic/Digital Drum Equipment Thread  (Read 232828 times)

Offline mrsticky

Re: Electronic/Digital Drum Equipment Thread
« Reply #500 on: March 10, 2014, 07:46:15 PM »
Hardware:
PC running core2quad with M-Audio Delta 1010lt sound card
Using a MIDI cable we connect the td-4 drum module to the MIDI-in of the delta 1010lt soundcard.

@alvinalvinalvin My laptop is running in intel core i3 at 1.33ghz and my sound or audio runs in realtek hd audio manager with dolby. I'm not pretty sure if this will do the trick for a simple recording. But your tips are much appreciated!  :mrgreen:

@ralph yes sir, your memory serves you right it has midi-out, so midi2usb cable is what i need. Nasa dubai kasi ako sir, di ko sure kung magkano ang cable na midi2usb but anyway titignan ko kung kakayanin, I'm going back in may anyway so kung mejo mahal dito baka jan na nga lang sa pinas.

yes the sounds are digital although natutune naman sya.

Thanks you a lot guys, at least I have a few idea now what to research and I'm starting to figure out now all your terminologies. hehehe! cheers!!  :mrgreen:

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #501 on: March 11, 2014, 09:28:03 AM »
@alvinalvinalvin My laptop is running in intel core i3 at 1.33ghz and my sound or audio runs in realtek hd audio manager with dolby. I'm not pretty sure if this will do the trick for a simple recording. But your tips are much appreciated!  :mrgreen:

@ralph yes sir, your memory serves you right it has midi-out, so midi2usb cable is what i need. Nasa dubai kasi ako sir, di ko sure kung magkano ang cable na midi2usb but anyway titignan ko kung kakayanin, I'm going back in may anyway so kung mejo mahal dito baka jan na nga lang sa pinas.

yes the sounds are digital although natutune naman sya.

Thanks you a lot guys, at least I have a few idea now what to research and I'm starting to figure out now all your terminologies. hehehe! cheers!!  :mrgreen:

Your current PC will work, but not as optimal as you'd like it to be. It'd be best to get an audio interface for proper monitoring. for starters, you can get asio4all (it's a software) so you can minimize the latency while recording.

THe MIDI2USB Cable usually costs around 1-2k here.

Let me know if I can help you with anything else :)
hahaha ako binibiyak ko muna yung wetpaks para makita kung may yellow thingy hahahaha

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #502 on: March 11, 2014, 04:44:18 PM »

My new little corner of the Universe..

Made a box Using the box from the previous owners TD11 box..to custom fit the HD3 size wehn folded..punched a hole to slip the posts then covered it with denim during transport..

oh ano tera! Jamming na tayo!
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *
PEDALS & ACCESSORIES FOR SALE
PM: http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=283433.0      FB: https://www.facebook.com/RcMusicEmporium

Offline jepus

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #503 on: March 13, 2014, 03:21:18 PM »
saw a 2nd hand roland in Classified area. Roland V-drums HD1.. ano po ba pros and cons nito? better ba to get this or save more for a bit higher level?  :razz:

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #504 on: March 13, 2014, 03:30:22 PM »
saw a 2nd hand roland in Classified area. Roland V-drums HD1.. ano po ba pros and cons nito? better ba to get this or save more for a bit higher level?  :razz:

save up nalang for something better bro. I heard maraming issues to particular sa pedals. if you read back I think si Sir peeves mentioned that.

Also, yung pedals niya hindi talaga Basspedal, so no option to change the feel of the pedal and for double pedal. :|

pero siguro, panalo talaga siya sa portability. :)
hahaha ako binibiyak ko muna yung wetpaks para makita kung may yellow thingy hahahaha

Offline dreddurius

• Veteran Member
« Reply #505 on: March 13, 2014, 08:10:28 PM »
Covered ba scalarizererist sa thread na ini? ehe
Hi.

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #506 on: March 13, 2014, 08:13:44 PM »

save for higher level..HD3 user here...though it works fine for me, simple jams and noodling around...tama, very basic e kit siya..and iba yung feel ng bass drum at highat pedals...sanayan...if youre a serious drummer who wants to really push the limits..the hd1 aint for you...pero kung for kids and all around family and friend fun...ok na!
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *
PEDALS & ACCESSORIES FOR SALE
PM: http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=283433.0      FB: https://www.facebook.com/RcMusicEmporium

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #507 on: March 14, 2014, 09:33:13 AM »
Covered ba scalarizererist sa thread na ini? ehe

Eto nanaman tayo eh! =)) AHAHAHAHAHAHA

Offline dreddurius

• Veteran Member
« Reply #508 on: March 14, 2014, 09:38:11 AM »
Sori na pique lang curiosity ko sa kabilang thread tungkol dito eh, yung nakasalpak sa cymbals haha, akala ko paliliparin (mukhang kwitis eh)
Hi.

Offline LUDWIG_LOUISE

« Reply #509 on: March 14, 2014, 01:48:09 PM »
Sori na pique lang curiosity ko sa kabilang thread tungkol dito eh, yung nakasalpak sa cymbals haha, akala ko paliliparin (mukhang kwitis eh)

hello papie mike... naguumpisa ka na naman dito.... whahahs

Offline dreddurius

• Veteran Member
« Reply #510 on: March 14, 2014, 02:56:49 PM »
Aylabyutu Ludwig hahahah
Hi.

Offline PermissionDenied

• Netizen Level
« Reply #511 on: March 15, 2014, 01:56:50 AM »
San kaya mga boss nakakabili ng midi cable ng medelli dd506?

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk now Free

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #512 on: March 17, 2014, 09:34:49 AM »
San kaya mga boss nakakabili ng midi cable ng medelli dd506?

Boss, AFAIK, may USB Port si MEDELI DD506 so mas madali gamiting yun kesa sa MIDI OUT. pero kung midi out talaga gusto mo, meron sa JB nung MAUDIO na MIDI2USB na cable. actually marami dito sa classifieds ng pro audio na nagbebenta nun. Check it out.

Offline PermissionDenied

• Netizen Level
« Reply #513 on: March 17, 2014, 11:48:43 PM »
Ahhh thanks thanks ralph!

Offline pallas

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #514 on: March 28, 2014, 10:13:56 AM »
i tried lots of kits today namely roland ones. The td11, td 11kv, td 30kv, yamaha 700 dtx with the silicone pads and zildjian gen 16 cymbals and hi hats.

I was mainly focused on the the td 11 and the td 11kv and yes really love the mesh pads on all the 11kvs. The sound modules sound great but the brush strokes dont register on the td 11s. I tried the 30 kv and that module was really nice and brush strokes work on that module Obviously due to price point.

So here is the plan. Get the td 11kv  and get a Gen16 hi hat and slowly upgrade the cymbals in the future. Get a cheap snare drum too so when practicing at night break out the original set then day time insert the acoustic snare for brushes (mainly interested on snare brush techniques lately)

By the way is the the Gen 16 compatible with the roland tds?

Drum GAS is awesome, i dont have any tinge of guilt....buying for my boys so we can all jam at home   :)

image by Mark Espina, on Flickr
lil guy on the td30 kv....he loved the experience.

on the td 11kv
O Rose, Thou art sick! The invisible worm that flies in the night, In the howling storm, Has found out thy bed of crimson joy: and his dark secret love, Does thy life destroy.   

William Blake, The Sick Rose

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #515 on: March 28, 2014, 10:44:44 AM »
i tried lots of kits today namely roland ones. The td11, td 11kv, td 30kv, yamaha 700 dtx with the silicone pads and zildjian gen 16 cymbals and hi hats.

I was mainly focused on the the td 11 and the td 11kv and yes really love the mesh pads on all the 11kvs. The sound modules sound great but the brush strokes dont register on the td 11s. I tried the 30 kv and that module was really nice and brush strokes work on that module Obviously due to price point.

So here is the plan. Get the td 11kv  and get a Gen16 hi hat and slowly upgrade the cymbals in the future. Get a cheap snare drum too so when practicing at night break out the original set then day time insert the acoustic snare for brushes (mainly interested on snare brush techniques lately)

By the way is the the Gen 16 compatible with the roland tds?

Drum GAS is awesome, i dont have any tinge of guilt....buying for my boys so we can all jam at home   :)

lil guy on the td30 kv....he loved the experience.

on the td 11kv

sorry bro, saang music store to?

anyway, to answer your question, the GEN16 cymbals from Zildjian come with a separate module so it'll be compatible naman with any DDrum Module.

Offline pallas

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #516 on: March 28, 2014, 11:04:28 AM »
Compatible sya...thank you.

Sa Causeway Bay Times Square in HK, Parsons Music. Mostly Rolands. Sa Tom Lee TST you can try the flagship Yamaha and the Td30 kv side by side.
O Rose, Thou art sick! The invisible worm that flies in the night, In the howling storm, Has found out thy bed of crimson joy: and his dark secret love, Does thy life destroy.   

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #517 on: March 28, 2014, 11:07:48 AM »
Compatible sya...thank you.

Sa Causeway Bay Times Square in HK, Parsons Music. Mostly Rolands. Sa Tom Lee TST you can try the flagship Yamaha and the Td30 kv side by side.

kaya pala ang ganda ng music store. hahaha at pwede mag test ng DDRUMS hahahaa!

Offline pallas

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #518 on: March 28, 2014, 02:49:14 PM »
Yup all floor models even the high end td30kv was not spared by my son. He bashed away with reckless abandon while I to bashed as hard as I can to see how loud the unit was acoustically. When I inquired if I bought the td11kv they said they have a new one on hand while Tom lee said 1 month wait for a TD 11.

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #519 on: March 28, 2014, 02:53:05 PM »
Yup all floor models even the high end td30kv was not spared by my son. He bashed away with reckless abandon while I to bashed as hard as I can to see how loud the unit was acoustically. When I inquired if I bought the td11kv they said they have a new one on hand while Tom lee said 1 month wait for a TD 11.

hayyyy nakakainggit naman ang service level ng music stores sa ibang bansa... sana ganyan na rin dito. hahahaha

Offline harugrugrug

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #520 on: March 29, 2014, 06:43:19 AM »
hayyyy nakakainggit naman ang service level ng music stores sa ibang bansa... sana ganyan na rin dito. hahahaha

Yup,kakagulat sa hk talaga ralph,
Alam ng gf ko di ko Siya papansinin sa tom lee ng Ilang oras,kaya Nag ikot Muna TST,hehe
May Roland din pala sa parsons,hehe

Bro? Are you based in hk? Sana inabutan mo Xmas sale ng tom lee,I think 25% off sa edrums,hehe
Did you try the new gen 16 cymbals?
josephmariosep.wordpress.com,josephmariosep instagram
Pwede naman magreply sa pm,libre naman serbisyo ng philmusic bat ang tamad niyo pa magreply sa mga offer niyo.

Offline pallas

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #521 on: March 29, 2014, 10:33:39 AM »
Gen 16 yes ser. Nakapasak sya sa yamaha ddrums and went back and forth sa roland cymbals at hi hats. Really nice those Gen 16s.

Really working out the budget hard to incorporate the gen 16 hi hat into our first kit.

Offline pallas

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #522 on: March 29, 2014, 10:47:37 AM »

Offline bhadz

« Reply #523 on: March 29, 2014, 04:31:17 PM »
mga boss alam ko wrong timing po dito... kasi meron po akong roland td11k 2months old... baka meron gusto mkipag swap sa acoustic kit nila... basta po same value tayo nang kit ay okey na okey po ako... salamat po..

Offline harugrugrug

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #524 on: March 29, 2014, 09:29:37 PM »
Gen 16 yes ser. Nakapasak sya sa yamaha ddrums and went back and forth sa roland cymbals at hi hats. Really nice those Gen 16s.

Really working out the budget hard to incorporate the gen 16 hi hat into our first kit.

Ahh,hehe,swerte naman anak niyo,hehe.good for you

mga boss alam ko wrong timing po dito... kasi meron po akong roland td11k 2months old... baka meron gusto mkipag swap sa acoustic kit nila... basta po same value tayo nang kit ay okey na okey po ako... salamat po..

I post mo classifies bro
josephmariosep.wordpress.com,josephmariosep instagram
Pwede naman magreply sa pm,libre naman serbisyo ng philmusic bat ang tamad niyo pa magreply sa mga offer niyo.