hulika

Author Topic: Help: Suggestions for New Guitar amplifier 15K Budget  (Read 4554 times)

Offline ryaneth

• Netizen Level
Help: Suggestions for New Guitar amplifier 15K Budget
« on: January 01, 2019, 12:40:47 PM »
Hello Guys.

Pa suggest naman ng amplifier ranging from 15k.

Right now no pedals ako. Bedroom guitarist lang kase.

Option ko is boss katana 50 pero not digging the look.
2nd vox adio air kaso wala stock.
3rd option is my favorite of all time YAMAHA THR10

pero I prefer new suggestions please. Baka may tube amp na bedroom worthy.

Please sana may makatulong. Ty!

Offline mds09

• Netizen Level
Re: Help: Suggestions for New Guitar amplifier 15K Budget
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2019, 12:44:08 PM »
Boss Katana for me. Who cares about the looks if it sounds great, right? Unless pang display lang yan hehhe

Sent from my MIX 2 using Tapatalk

Offline ryaneth

• Netizen Level
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2019, 12:59:09 PM »
Boss Katana for me. Who cares about the looks if it sounds great, right? Unless pang display lang yan hehhe

Thanks bro! Do you have one ba? Musta highs nya? Masyado ba bright? Or i can adjust it to
My taste?

Offline iccurtepnhoj

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2019, 03:05:59 PM »
Thanks bro! Do you have one ba? Musta highs nya? Masyado ba bright? Or i can adjust it to
My taste?

Boss Katana 50w, i have ok naman high nya , Theres update Version 3
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SterlingbyMusicMan/Zoom G3Xn SBMM JP100 Alice String 427PJP
"Strong sense of synchronization between the two [playing] hands,Different Strum for Different Folks"
http://sterlingbymusicman.com/

Offline ryaneth

• Netizen Level
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2019, 05:35:09 PM »
Thanks @iccurtepnhoj

May bogner or dual rec ba sya na amp sim?

Offline shoegaze geezer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2019, 10:37:19 PM »
a used blackstar ht-5r
"I look at yours, you laugh at mine. And love is just a miserable lie"

Offline mds09

• Netizen Level
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2019, 10:49:04 PM »
a used blackstar ht-5r
This is the one i use, pero magaganda kse reviews ng boss katana so yun ung sinuggest ko. Gamit ko ung head ng blackstar ht5r and cab ni laney, satisfied naman ako for bedroom use

Offline guitaricci

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2019, 12:04:29 AM »
Vox AV15 or AV30.

Tube Pre Amp with Solid State Power Amp. Has 8 preamp voices (Tweed, Bassman, AC15, AC30, Plexi, JCM800, Dual Rec and 5150). I own the AV30 and a Mini Rectifier and halos katunog nung Dual Rec voice yung Mini Rectifier ko. The Bassman and Plexi voices sound good as well. Give it a try. Meron sa Audiophile.

:)
Its not the kill, Its the thrill of the chase...

Offline robinonibor

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2019, 07:42:24 AM »
I'd go for a Tube amp. Goldea AT30, Ibanez TSA15C, Laney Cub12R, Blackstar HT5R, etc.

Offline iamweird

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2019, 08:49:25 AM »
Thanks @iccurtepnhoj

Meron sya sa sneaky amps. Google mo lang boss katana sneaky amps tapos download mo sabay load mo sa software editor ng boss.
Instead of searching for what to buy next, why not search for what to learn next?

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2019, 09:53:17 AM »
a used blackstar ht-5r

this

or this.

hard to find a better one in the price range :)
hahaha ako binibiyak ko muna yung wetpaks para makita kung may yellow thingy hahahaha

Offline titser_marco

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2019, 07:48:42 PM »
Get a used Peavey Bandit 112!
I'd rather be sharp than flat.

Offline ryaneth

• Netizen Level
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2019, 10:53:56 PM »
Thanks for all the suggestions guys.

Reading and watching a lot of reviews:

So far boss katana got lots of loving! But normally they will stay away sa katana 50 and suggest the 100 so medjo ayoko muna ng katana 50.

Next ko is vox adio air talaga closes to the yamaha THR with bluetooth function, and i can modifiy din ung tone using software. I can also use it as a hifi speaker and jam along with it.

BLACKSTAR TH5R naman solid tunog kaso havent heard it in person.
Heard this sa youtube a blackstar ht5r:

Meron ht5r for sale kaso medjo matagal na din nagagamit... Baka sakin pa bumigay if kunin ko. :(

Offline iamweird

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2019, 09:01:22 AM »
Get a used Peavey Bandit 112!
this! ayus rin to.  :)
Instead of searching for what to buy next, why not search for what to learn next?

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2019, 09:45:12 AM »
Thanks for all the suggestions guys.

Reading and watching a lot of reviews:

So far boss katana got lots of loving! But normally they will stay away sa katana 50 and suggest the 100 so medjo ayoko muna ng katana 50.

Next ko is vox adio air talaga closes to the yamaha THR with bluetooth function, and i can modifiy din ung tone using software. I can also use it as a hifi speaker and jam along with it.

BLACKSTAR TH5R naman solid tunog kaso havent heard it in person.
Heard this sa youtube a blackstar ht5r:

Meron ht5r for sale kaso medjo matagal na din nagagamit... Baka sakin pa bumigay if kunin ko. :(

that's fine IMHO kung matagal na nagamit. at least broken in na yung speakers. tubes aren't as delicate as some people make it to be, wag mo lang ibabarog, and all is good :)
hahaha ako binibiyak ko muna yung wetpaks para makita kung may yellow thingy hahahaha

Offline iccurtepnhoj

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2019, 01:59:50 PM »
, pero magaganda kse reviews ng boss katana

Yes its true!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SterlingbyMusicMan/Zoom G3Xn SBMM JP100 Alice String 427PJP
"Strong sense of synchronization between the two [playing] hands,Different Strum for Different Folks"

Offline iccurtepnhoj

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2019, 02:02:11 PM »
Thanks @iccurtepnhoj

If correctly remember there is Katana floorboard application where you can get the bogner and dual rectifier

There are five default amp sim Acoustic,Clean,Crunch,Lead, and Brown

Welcome!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 09:42:37 PM by iccurtepnhoj »

Offline astro_cigarette

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2019, 12:03:28 PM »
I do own a Boss Katana 50, for bedroom use, I find it more than enough for my needs. I was able to crank it up full volume last new year and I find it loud enough to do small bar gigs.

As for the sound, I find it quite trebly, but probably its just me, since the pickups I use are high output and trebly in general, so I always set the treble knob to about 10 o'clock, the cleans are good and you can get a lot of good tones from it (especially if you use a strat) with a little bit of fiddling around the settings. The dirt sounds are where this amp shines most in my opinion. I really like the brown setting, and with a little bit of experimenting, you can be on this setting pretty much all the time.

What I particularly like about this amp is the amount of stuff you can do with the effects and using boss tone central. For me as a practice amp, this amp does it all.

Happy amp hunting!

Offline iccurtepnhoj

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2019, 09:42:10 PM »
I do own a Boss Katana 50, for bedroom use, I find it more than enough for my needs. I was able to crank it up full volume last new year and I find it loud enough to do small bar gigs.

As for the sound, I find it quite trebly, but probably its just me, since the pickups I use are high output and trebly in general, so I always set the treble knob to about 10 o'clock, the cleans are good and you can get a lot of good tones from it (especially if you use a strat) with a little bit of fiddling around the settings. The dirt sounds are where this amp shines most in my opinion. I really like the brown setting, and with a little bit of experimenting, you can be on this setting pretty much all the time.

What I particularly like about this amp is the amount of stuff you can do with the effects and using boss tone central. For me as a practice amp, this amp does it all.

Happy amp hunting!

Theres android app now for Boss Katana

Nice to find satisfied Boss Katana users!

Offline addict

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2019, 12:52:37 AM »
Yamaha THR10 talaga.. That's the best one I have used. Katana is hyped by paid Youtube endorsers, yung 50 and 100 lang yung ok. Subjective of course.

peace!

Offline iamweird

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2019, 11:28:21 AM »
Yamaha THR10 talaga.. That's the best one I have used. Katana is hyped by paid Youtube endorsers, yung 50 and 100 lang yung ok. Subjective of course.

peace!

Pwedeng bayad yung ibang Youtube endorsers, pero kung maraming forumers sa ibang forum ang satisfied, I dont think so na all hype lang ang katana. Kayang back-upan ni katana yung hype na nagawa nung mga "paid endorsers" sa Youtube. Satisfied katana user rin ako pero alam ko na mas maraming amp ang mas ok sa kanya, pero at that price point mahirap talunin ang katana.  :-D

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2019, 06:20:54 PM »

peace!

hindi ata hype tol. ako tube amp cork sniffer ako eh, pero nung narinig ko yung katana talagang cinonsider ko to switch.
yung THR kasi pang kwarto at most. unless mag cacab ka. yung katana 50/100, may combo. easy no frills bitbit.