hulika

Author Topic: Jackson Guitar users  (Read 139157 times)

Offline daryl090804

• Veteran Member
Re: Jackson Guitar users
« Reply #100 on: April 26, 2009, 11:01:41 AM »
sir bolt thrower, is it true that import jacksons do not have a way of definitely confirming when it was produced unlike usa jacksons?
Part of the Jackson Bloodline

Offline Bolt Thrower

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #101 on: April 26, 2009, 12:08:24 PM »
@daryl---hard to date pare. may ginawang chart si speedracer sa JCF forums for import jacksons. Pero yung mga form 1995 pataas lang. Iba din ang serials ng Pre fender and Fender Jacksons. There is one trick though, they stamp the year on the neck pocket once you take off the neck. Minsan nasa pickup cavity or floyd cavity. Pag front routed rhoades, nasa ilalim ng pickguard. 

@xtaxi---
not so sure man. But performers were made 1995-1997. Post a pic and complete model name (nasa truss rod cover) and I can probably get you a catalogue scan from that year.

Cheers!

Offline shodawmoon

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #102 on: April 26, 2009, 03:18:34 PM »
Well, they are just more "long lasting". They stay shiny (and cute) for the longest time. And those Ive played with these high quality wires have far better fretwork. The highest PRO series and all Jackson Stars have them and again, with the superb fretwork and neck binding.

It's a "bung" for the buck!  :lol:
ayun! thanks for the info. do you know of any local luthiers that use stainless fretwires? parang naging interested ako. as i take it mas mahal yun di po ba? thanks in advance. :-D

Offline daryl090804

• Veteran Member
« Reply #103 on: May 01, 2009, 07:47:43 PM »
has anyone here tried a jackson dominion yet? i wanna know before i purchase the guitar about how good it is.

Offline dehinsss

• Netizen Level
« Reply #104 on: May 30, 2009, 05:21:47 PM »
im not sure about it but from what ive read and seen, but imho, if i wanted the classic looks, similar sound, and still look awesome,  i would rather invest my money on a Y2KV on ebay rather than spend that much on the dominion. :P though there must be difference in the versatility of tone because i think morton's dominion was made for being versatile and able to play country/blues as well. so if thats what youre after, go ahead. any jackson is excellent as long as its not below the professional series, some of those tend to be hit and miss.

Offline dehinsss

• Netizen Level
« Reply #105 on: May 30, 2009, 05:41:03 PM »
by the way, i just want to talk about Jackson Stars as ive recently acquired a discontinued Jackson Stars King V.

Model J2K
Alder Body Maple neck
Neck Through
USA Custom Shop Kahler Trem
Striped Ebony Fretboard 24 Fret
Pearl Sharkfin
Binded neck and headstock
Duncan 59 neck and Duncan Custom 5 on bridge

First of all, We'd probably think mas inferior yung Japanese Stars kaysa sa USA Select Series, and i thought this as well at the beginning obviously because of the massive price difference . But as i read reviews, i started seeing that kabilktaran naman, the americans are actually drooling over Stars models because Jackson Stars actually allows semi custom orders like paint jobs, bridges, pickup designs, and finishing differences. So basically they can get Somewhat like a USA Custom shop specs for half the price. (its only shipping that gets difficult). Anyway, back to the guitar i got. When i first saw it and opened it up, i was pretty amazed. the work was excellent and the finishing on the guitar was amazing. the binding was clean, the construction was very solid, and the inlays were carved and measured excellently. This was really worth the money you pay for. I think since the fender takeover, Jackson has tried to bring the early 90's professional era back with top quality construction and a lot of choices on imported parts. (yes im very satisfied with the Custom shop Kahler that came with Schaller Floyd Style locking nuts) So to those wondering about jackson stars, I find them really good and the only difference that may annoy one is the STARS written beside the jackson hehe. Plus, if you notice where Jackson puts the strap stud on their Vs. The USA ones place them near the input jack, while Japanese imports have them slightly lower. Thats to address the balance issue people tend to get with neck heavy Vs and it was the same style done by the early 90s MIJ Professionals. So dont be afraid to venture into the japanese line. they're much cheaper and easier to acquire than USA Select Series and they DO NOT sacrifice quality. Since the only real difference of my guitar from the USA select is that its not Abalone Headstock  Logo and Mother of Pearl inlays, id say its money very well spent. Go browse through the TN series of Jackson Stars and im sure you can all finally own your Neck Thru Jacksons for very good prices.

Offline Bolt Thrower

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #106 on: May 31, 2009, 05:41:02 PM »
oi ayos! welcome to the Jackson Stars fan club. They got more options, wood choices, etc. They are pretty much like 90's professionals but better. They are made in the same factory where we got the great Japanese imports from that shred era. After the Pro series got dissolved, tehy were renamed to Grover Jackson then to team J-Craft. I also got a jSTARS Dk-01 Limited edition. It's my main guitar. Mahogany body with  flame-ish maple board, Piranha inlays too.

JStars are the best Jackson IMHO just right there with the American Js.

IF anyone is interested with more Jackson Stars visit:
http://jacksonstars.fender.jp/

Offline daryl090804

• Veteran Member
« Reply #107 on: May 31, 2009, 07:12:11 PM »
Bolt Thrower, the next time you're getting a Jackson Stars guitar, tell me. Sasabay yung Soloist ko sa next JStars mo  :-D

Offline daryl090804

• Veteran Member
« Reply #108 on: May 31, 2009, 07:16:10 PM »
im not sure about it but from what ive read and seen, but imho, if i wanted the classic looks, similar sound, and still look awesome,  i would rather invest my money on a Y2KV on ebay rather than spend that much on the dominion. :P though there must be difference in the versatility of tone because i think morton's dominion was made for being versatile and able to play country/blues as well. so if thats what youre after, go ahead. any jackson is excellent as long as its not below the professional series, some of those tend to be hit and miss.

yup, i want a versatile guitar that i wouldn't be tempted to use a whammy bar on anymore plus i'd want a LP type guitar without the tremendous weight :lol: i think the performer i got from you is for sale in the threads already bro. :lol:

Offline maniacally_cool

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #109 on: June 01, 2009, 09:09:39 AM »
my first jackson, DXMG

Offline daryl090804

• Veteran Member
« Reply #110 on: June 01, 2009, 06:16:41 PM »
Now, another member of the Bloodline. Welcome bro! Review naman ng DXMG mo! :-D

Offline Bolt Thrower

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #111 on: June 01, 2009, 10:42:00 PM »
Uy another DXMG user! Peyborit ko yan! Lagi ko ginagamit DXMG ko. Kung may isa akong gitara for life, DXMG na yun. Yung alder bodied, hindi yung mga bago na basswood na.

Offline maniacally_cool

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #112 on: June 02, 2009, 12:32:18 AM »
Now, another member of the Bloodline. Welcome bro! Review naman ng DXMG mo! :-D

astig bro, tapang! first time ko rin maka-try ng emg pups. although mas makapal yung neck compared sa ibanez ko, ayos pa rin sa grip. sarap mag palm mute. heheheh.

Uy another DXMG user! Peyborit ko yan! Lagi ko ginagamit DXMG ko. Kung may isa akong gitara for life, DXMG na yun. Yung alder bodied, hindi yung mga bago na basswood na.

pano ba malalaman if alder or basswood?

Offline daryl090804

• Veteran Member
« Reply #113 on: June 02, 2009, 12:35:03 AM »
Earlier DXMG models were made of alder. I think naging basswood siya nung 07 or 08 na. Mike Shannon apprentice Bolt Thrower, magpakita ka nga! Hahaha!

Pero AFAIK, alder bodies are heavier than basswood.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 12:52:50 AM by daryl090804 »

Offline Bolt Thrower

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #114 on: June 02, 2009, 07:08:37 AM »
One way is to open up the floyd cavity or the back plate and see if you can identify if it is alder or basswood by looking at the naked wood. Another is by looking at the year it was made by looking at the stamp on the neck pocket or pickup cavity.

Lastly serial number. The newer Jackson are easier to identify. Sabi sa JCF forums, pag start ng serial is 96 or 97 it is alder. anything above that basswood na. Though not foolproof. Puwede naman kasi mag swap ng body and necks lalo na if we bought it second hand.

Offline coolaxer

« Reply #115 on: October 02, 2009, 12:57:56 PM »
magkanu ung js30rr sa yupangco?
PLAY TO EXPRESS B!#CH NOT TO IMPRESS.

Offline thespinesplitter

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #116 on: October 02, 2009, 01:24:12 PM »
eto gusto ko..
isama nyo na si jenna.hahaha :evil:
Holy fleurking schnit!

Offline AkelleFusion

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #117 on: October 02, 2009, 01:51:02 PM »
Here's a vid of me using my jackson soloist :)

Specs: Pearl White Grover Jackson Finish
          Made in Japan (as far as I know)
          Custom Jackson active pickups
          Changed the Trem to a licensed Floyd Rose
          Body (wings): Alder
          Neck: Hard Maple, Neck Through
          Fretboard: Ebony
          Inlays: Mother of Pearl, Shark's Tooth.

Enjoy.

Offline coolaxer

« Reply #118 on: October 02, 2009, 02:48:12 PM »
UP!
 magkanu ung js30rr sa yupangco?

Offline charles55

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #119 on: October 02, 2009, 03:13:17 PM »

Offline maniacally_cool

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #120 on: October 03, 2009, 12:25:42 AM »
salamat. hehehe  :-)

si Bolt Thrower na owner niyan.  :-D

Offline daryl090804

• Veteran Member
« Reply #121 on: October 03, 2009, 01:06:52 AM »
Di naman niya ginagamit :roll:

Offline Igor

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #122 on: October 03, 2009, 05:52:12 AM »
pwde ba ung assemble lang na jackson. :-D
Shot na!!!

Offline Bolt Thrower

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #123 on: October 03, 2009, 01:00:37 PM »
Di naman niya ginagamit :roll:

haha walang pickups pa e. order ako sa ebay ng DK2MR reverse maple neck para ayos. hehehe

Offline coolaxer

« Reply #124 on: October 03, 2009, 01:02:14 PM »
magkanu ung js30rr?

up uli!  :mrgreen: