hulika

Author Topic: SoCal Boys! EB?  (Read 9420 times)

Offline stratman1

• Philmusicus Addictus
SoCal Boys! EB?
« Reply #75 on: July 22, 2006, 11:37:23 AM »
Yeah, I think Sherman way. Bart, si Marvin sa August 22 pa balik hindi July, hehe. Dadaan din pala si Patrick (rondalla_rockstar).

Mark, sagot ko na ang drumstick, hehe. Ako na din ang bass at recorder.

Offline Perf_De_Castro

• Philmusicus Addictus
SoCal Boys! EB?
« Reply #76 on: July 22, 2006, 12:43:28 PM »
Syet, dehins ako abot. Kainitan ng pagtuturo ko yung 12-3  :?

Punta ba kayo sa Knitting Factory sa gabi?

Offline markflo

SoCal Boys! EB?
« Reply #77 on: July 22, 2006, 12:57:23 PM »
sama mo nalang sila sa jam! para masaya!  hewheheh
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt. - Abraham Lincoln

Offline stratman1

• Philmusicus Addictus
SoCal Boys! EB?
« Reply #78 on: July 22, 2006, 01:08:19 PM »
Quote from: Perf_De_Castro
Syet, dehins ako abot. Kainitan ng pagtuturo ko yung 12-3  :?

Punta ba kayo sa Knitting Factory sa gabi?

Man, sayang. Next time nalang. Every other Saturday ba ang turo/off mo? Yon ba yong sched mo?

Knitting Factory... Jologz Fezt... yes, diretso ako doon after jam eb. Well, sabi ni kumander, pickup muna ng mga bata sa sitter then Knitting Factory, hehe. Play kami first set sa big stage. Punta ka ba doon?

Offline geetar_geek79

• Forum Fanatic
SoCal Boys! EB?
« Reply #79 on: July 22, 2006, 01:51:25 PM »
Quote from: >BART<
Quote from: markflo
anong oras? 10-2?

OK sa akin.

Marvin, anong oras ba dating mo dito? Di ba mismong 22nd and balik mo dito? Lumulutang ka pa sa alapaap, I bet.

Robie, OK lang ba sa yo oras na to?

nyahahaha...  sa August 22 not July.  and babawi muna ako sa tulog pagbalik...   hehehe....

Offline Bart

• Philmusicus Addictus
SoCal Boys! EB?
« Reply #80 on: July 23, 2006, 09:19:27 AM »
Dalawa sa kokonting pictures na nakunan ko sa EB kanina. Nice to have finally met you Robie. You are one cool guy and a badass guitar slinger.
I'll try to figure out on how to post our video. Sayang, ang daming hindi nakunan dun sa later part nung tugtugan natin. Dun lang sa funk jam ni markflo ang inabot. Gusto nyo ng kopya?

Dan, Robie, and Mark

Dan, Mark, Robie, and Bart

More to come from Dan.

Offline R0B1EP061

SoCal Boys! EB?
« Reply #81 on: July 23, 2006, 12:51:54 PM »
Dalawa sa kokonting pictures na nakunan ko sa EB kanina. Nice to have finally met you Robie. You are one cool guy and a badass guitar slinger.
I'll try to figure out on how to post our video. Sayang, ang daming hindi nakunan dun sa later part nung tugtugan natin. Dun lang sa funk jam ni markflo ang inabot. Gusto nyo ng kopya?

Dan, Robie, and Mark

Dan, Mark, Robie, and Bart

More to come from Dan.

BART!!!!!!

like wise man!!!! hopefully you can come to one of those monday night blues jam in sherman oaks i mentioned a while ago and blow them away with your out of this world slide playing!!!! t@ngna you gotta show me how to do that one day!!!!!!!! kaw pala bumili ng little aligator ko?!?!?!?!?! astig!!!!! thanks a lot man!!!! hopefully we can get to jam again! sorry if we're late man!!!!!!

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
SoCal Boys! EB?
« Reply #82 on: July 23, 2006, 02:45:58 PM »
...cool...how bout some reviews on the gears...
you want to live life and be healthy?<br />www.wellness-spring.info

Offline Bart

• Philmusicus Addictus
SoCal Boys! EB?
« Reply #83 on: July 23, 2006, 07:32:07 PM »
Quote from: Phil

They should criminalize guitars like this. WERD!

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
SoCal Boys! EB?
« Reply #84 on: July 24, 2006, 04:56:05 AM »
Quote from: Phil

They should criminalize guitars like this. WERD!

...so how was it? playability?sound?I'm so tempted on pulling the trigger on that beauty.
you want to live life and be healthy?<br />www.wellness-spring.info

Offline stratman1

• Philmusicus Addictus
SoCal Boys! EB?
« Reply #85 on: July 24, 2006, 09:21:23 AM »
Ok, guys. Give me a couple of days to post pix and audio. I'm still recovering from this massive hang-over from last nights gig that I have :(  :lol: .

As far as gear reviews:

Mark (Markflo) brought his Laney, Ibby Prestige, pedal board. I think the Laney sounds good by itself. It can sure handle the work load. Very flexible. Nice clean sound. Pedal board adds much more flavor and flexibility to Mark's magic flying fingers, hehe :lol:

Robie (ROB1EP061) brought his RK tele. Very nice :shock:  :lol: ! Gold hardwares, fat neck (fatter than usual tele) which I like. Nice body/wood. Not too heavy. Sound wise is really nice. I like the series/parallel switch incorporated where the tone konb used to be. You get different variety of tone. Very classy looking. Worth every penny that he paid for it.

Bart (<BART>) brought his Peavey Classic 30 tweed combo with el84s and a 15" spkrs (can't remember what brand spkrs it was). He also brought his newly acquired Epi Les Paul black finish with matching black hardwares and a set of EMG pups. Epi LP sounds and feels good to me. EMG can get a little too hot for blues playing but great for rock music. I was actually amazed with his Peavey amp. Really loud for a little combo box like that. Nice warm sound. Great for Barts magnificent glass slide virtuosity.

Patrick (rondalla_rockstar) brought his puke green Vibroking combo, Sunburst reissue MIJ strat and some Analogman modded pedals. As usuall the amp was nice, clean, crisp, and loud. If you guys are looking for a really nice clean combo tube amp you might want to try out the Vibroking. Strat fitted with gauge 13 flat wound. Crazy!!! I can't even bend the damn thing. Hey! That's how good this guy is. He use this guitar with these thick strings in standard tuning. WTF!?!? SRV used thick gauge strings but he tuned down. Nope, not this guy. That's how he gets his magnificent blues sound with his muscular dexterity (you have to be strong to play his guitar, hehe)

Me (stratman1) I just brought my usuall crap. PRS McCarty (which I acquired from Rondalla_Rockstar for a very cheap price, hehe), Mesa Triple Recti, and some pedals. I like the way my gear sound that's why I have it, hehe. I didn't really get a chance to play guitar. I opted, instead, in taking the bass guitar player role. I alwasys like to try other instruments to get a beter appreciation of other musicians skills and ability.

Offline Bart

• Philmusicus Addictus
SoCal Boys! EB?
« Reply #86 on: July 24, 2006, 09:58:09 AM »
Dan, do you know of any program that could change the format and compression of the DVD videos I took? I want to make the file smaller so that I could upload it on YouTube. One segment that I'm working on is a 900MB mpeg. Too big for youtube's 100MB limit.

Offline stratman1

• Philmusicus Addictus
SoCal Boys! EB?
« Reply #87 on: July 24, 2006, 11:35:51 AM »
Most video editing program out there can compress the video. Try mo muna yong Windows Movie Maker. Kasama sa XP yan. I think pede kang mag capture ng DV to PC and convert it to a small mp2 or mp1 size. Kung eyaw mo yan try mo yong Pinnacle Studio + or Vidoe Wave 8.

http://video-editing-software-review.toptenreviews.com/videowave-review.html

Offline geetar_geek79

• Forum Fanatic
SoCal Boys! EB?
« Reply #88 on: July 24, 2006, 07:50:39 PM »
wow!  ang fofogi nyo mga fafa!   :lol:
pag balik ko EB ulit before school starts... :wink:

Offline sonnyrayvaughn

• Philmusicus Addictus
SoCal Boys! EB?
« Reply #89 on: July 24, 2006, 08:04:18 PM »
Quote from: stratman1
Me (stratman1) I just brought my usuall crap. PRS McCarty (which I acquired from Rondalla_Rockstar for a very cheap price, hehe), Mesa Triple Recti, and some pedals. I like the way my gear sound that's why I have it, hehe. I didn't really get a chance to play guitar. I opted, instead, in taking the bass guitar player role. I alwasys like to try other instruments to get a beter appreciation of other musicians skills and ability.

you call them gears of yours "usual crap"? hahaha let me know when them crap is in the market ha! of course sell it at a crappy price too! hehe
humble mo talaga pareng Dan!

oo nga pala.. ang fofogi nyo!! ahahayy!!

soundclips/vidz soon ha!

Offline R0B1EP061

SoCal Boys! EB?
« Reply #90 on: July 24, 2006, 10:23:17 PM »
review?

Markflo - Ive used his board and Laney for a couple of auditions already; even booting out a Diezel amp from another guitar player. That amp is just snarly! Sounds like no other! His Ibby sounds so versatile, (syempre ako nag wire ng pickups nun eh. kapal! ehehehe). 2 words for everyone; RC BOOSTER!

Dan - His triple rec scares me, it has so much power i just didnt want to mess with it hehehehehe. Even plugged into a 4x12 crate (from the studio) still sounds bitchn! PRS? all i can say is  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  *drool*

Bart - His Les Paul w/ EMG's sounded so out of this world. In my opinion, it sounded like a wah pedal stopped in the middle; just where the sweet spot is. I really really dug his sound! He's the 1st guy ive met that has this sweet singing tone coming out from a "MXR double shot distortion pedal". Yung iba kasi sobrang tapang(tama ba yun?) His slide techniques are awesome and i really dug his Peavey classic.  Very open sounding!

Patrick - we were late so i didnt even had the chance to jam with him. Has a killer rig though and bad @ss jazz bass!

Robie - hmmm...the drums sucks! este the drummer pala hehehehe!