hulika

Author Topic: Tele Love  (Read 1031582 times)

Offline Letour

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Tele Love
« Reply #100 on: November 27, 2006, 09:35:42 AM »
mga sirs,

curious lang po if anyone else has set up a tele like mine.  yun tele na pang-hard rock/metal music.

kinda notice kasi that in most posts, people go for the vintage sound with respect to the tele - specifically yun pagiging twangy niya, which is what it was originally made for.

tnx.

:-) :-) :-(

demet - the mods i made on my tele don't involve any drastic changes,  madali pa rin siya ibalik sa stock specs if ever i tire of the rewiring i've made.

Just want to add that I just watched a Razorback gig last Saturday. Tirso plugged his stock American Standard through a Vox wah and straight to the Peavey Classic 30. Still sounded like Razorback.
Dean of a law school
http://www.manilaspeak.com/author/rod-vera/
Twitter: @attyvera

saosin

« Reply #101 on: November 27, 2006, 11:23:50 AM »
mga sir, me makukuha ba ko na tele sa 8k??

Offline mugen

« Reply #102 on: November 27, 2006, 11:25:00 AM »
mga sir, me makukuha ba ko na tele sa 8k??

Bro sa RJ yata 6.5K lang kung type mo lang...

Pero O.T. na yata tayo bro.... he he he he he

Offline Kulas

« Reply #103 on: November 27, 2006, 02:27:03 PM »
here's my yamaha pacifica (falayfay) tele.

upgraded with new fender-styled pickguard, made by arie. and installed EMG active tele pickups.

super clear, super quiet. you won't hear the difference kung naka full or no volume. the neck tone is warm and glassy, the bridge naman is hot and twangy! not a vintage sounding tele though. mas modern ang dating nya.

ah ako nga pala yung nasa gitna, hehehe.

Offline Avayaman

« Reply #104 on: November 28, 2006, 04:50:07 AM »
got my self an american traditional telecaster, modded to vintage specs. I just got it over the weekend. Panalo! i'll post pics later. :)

*thanks JR!  :-D

Offline hamsterjamster

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #105 on: November 28, 2006, 05:17:55 PM »

pasali :D

Offline musicjunkie

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #106 on: December 01, 2006, 07:42:47 PM »

Nice tele there! What model is it?  :-)

Offline hamsterjamster

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #108 on: December 01, 2006, 10:12:25 PM »
yeah it;s an mim nashville deluxe telecaster :) may strat pickup sa gitna :) then 5-way switch..:)

Offline nathanmanansala

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #109 on: December 01, 2006, 10:14:43 PM »
nice nashville

taga saan ba kayong lahat? lets organize a "twang-fest" sa bahay nung thread starter.

:-D

Offline hamsterjamster

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #110 on: December 02, 2006, 12:27:06 AM »
qc ako hehehe..baka pwedeng tele tone party haha..pgkatapos ng strat tone party ni kulas :D

Offline cosine

• Veteran Member
« Reply #111 on: December 02, 2006, 12:29:36 AM »

I used to be really into strats, well growin up kasi in the 80s, lahat ng nakita mo sa MTV naka-strat. Yes aminin ko gsto ko makuha yun tone ni Bryan Adams sa Summer of '69. hehe. I used to really like the percussive sound and flexibility of the strat. Havent really completely lost my love for it, but, the Tele has taken over.

I got into it because of other players na na-idolize ko nun mas matanda na ko---Jeff Buckley, Springsteen, Keif Richards, Johnny Greenwood, Tom Petty, et al.  The tele was Leo Fender's first electric guitar design and a lot of people say he got it right the first time. I agree! .. It is a very simple guitar design, but it can achieve a lot of tones. From jazzy licks, to biting blues, to scorching distortion, to sweet crystal clears, to country twang. IMHO, you can debate me on this, but I like the way that you need to dig in to really dig in and work on the strings to make the tele sound great.  Mron sense of fulfilment when you can tame this beast of a guitar.

I think it is somewhere in between a les paul and a strat.  It can get some of that percussive response of a strat, but also the beefy thickness (with the right dirt pedal) of a les paul/SG. 

QUODAS

my 1st and 2nd guitar were strats, but switch to ibanez gio7 years ago, baista napo ako ngyun . pero lam mo bro, hinahanap hanap mo parin e and strat feeling e.

QUODAS ! ! !

Offline jmorrero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #112 on: December 28, 2006, 09:54:45 PM »
Tele... hirap hanapin ang tamang tunog ng tele... Nang mahawakan ko yung tele ni mel po, 1957 tele... yun mismo ang tamang tunog ng tele....twangy, airy high... pagnatapos ko yung tele na binubuo ko, ipopost ko yung pic... after 2 years siguro... aabot ang gastos ko siguro, 1500 dollors (sana kayanin ko)... for the mean time, ito yung tele ko, kulang lang to ng dimension sa tunog but still twangy and sweet....

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=540797&songID=4054430

Offline Bart

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #113 on: December 28, 2006, 10:02:58 PM »
^ Ganda!

Heto na naman ako.

Offline mahavishnu

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #114 on: December 28, 2006, 10:21:29 PM »
Tele... hirap hanapin ang tamang tunog ng tele... Nang mahawakan ko yung tele ni mel po, 1957 tele... yun mismo ang tamang tunog ng tele....twangy, airy high...

sir mel's 57 tele is "THE TELE"

Offline tele-tubby

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #115 on: December 29, 2006, 03:47:51 AM »
I'd like your opinions please....

I'm not sure if I posted this question in the Yupangco forums. 

I have an old Japanese Silver Series Sunburst Telecaster.  Since I was a kid, I've always wanted to have a natural finish Tele.  However, this was a gift to me by my father when I was 14.  It was bought in 1993, at Yamaha Robinson's Galleria.  All I know is that it's a Japanese Tele, and it's a Silver Series Tele.  If you have any more information, please let me know.  Thanks. 

It's pretty neglected.  It was my main axe for more than 10 years.  And since I wasn't really aware of it's value,  it was neglected.  The neck is twisted and bent, the electronics are messed up, and there are a lot of scrathes and chips on its finish. 

Would it be blasphemous if I sanded all the paint and have our local luthiers re-finish it with a natural finish?  also, I'll be buying new electronics too...so if any of you have parts...pm me...I'm looking for a new bridge pickup(I'm considering a Seymour Duncan hotrails) and new electronics.  Also, since the saddle screws have lost their thread, I'm also looking for new ones, or a completely new bridge assembly...the problem with a new one would be that I would have to drill string holes and buy new ferrules(actually that's note really a problem).  What do you senseis think?

here are some pics to help you guys...

don't touch the tele's finish!  basswood yan, hindi maganda na natural.  we have the same tele bro, Fender Jap, Silver series

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #116 on: December 29, 2006, 09:49:34 AM »
Tele... hirap hanapin ang tamang tunog ng tele... Nang mahawakan ko yung tele ni mel po, 1957 tele... yun mismo ang tamang tunog ng tele....twangy, airy high...

sir mel's 57 tele is "THE TELE"

"THE TELE" is now farseer's ;-)

Offline tele-tubby

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #117 on: December 30, 2006, 05:48:47 PM »

is there such a thing as "tamang tunog" ng tele? :-D

Offline Machine_Head

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #118 on: December 31, 2006, 08:17:34 AM »
My first tele

Not a traditional tele though. I painted the pickguard myself. :)

Offline vegetablejoe

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #119 on: January 03, 2007, 09:03:07 AM »
Aaaaahhhhh.... i finally get to rejoin the Tele club!

The numerous previous owners opted to scrape off the brand decals, but I'm proud to say that this inexpensive '98 Squier Affinity Tele keeps me very happy. String-through and full-width/thickness body. Tinabi ko na muna strat and humbucker guitars!  :-D

Offline nathanmanansala

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #120 on: January 04, 2007, 09:27:45 AM »
nice

Offline tele-tubby

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #121 on: January 06, 2007, 06:43:54 PM »
Pepe loves the tele!

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #122 on: January 06, 2007, 06:53:29 PM »
@vjoe - congrats! nice pala ah.  kabit mo na ung saddles na galing kay nutz.

btw, anong tones ba habol mo sa tele mo?  i know you as mainly a strat and lp guy eh.

@tele_tubby - sa magnet yan di ba?  ayus, na-bless na pala ang "Esquire" mo.  pa-frame mo na or gawan ng altar. :-)

Offline vegetablejoe

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #123 on: January 07, 2007, 02:23:40 PM »
@vjoe - congrats! nice pala ah.  kabit mo na ung saddles na galing kay nutz.

btw, anong tones ba habol mo sa tele mo?  i know you as mainly a strat and lp guy eh.
Thanks. I would need pala a new bridge for those 3 saddles. Will return them na lang. Not sure I can find a new bridge which will line up exactly with the existing holes. Don't wanna put new holes in "The Blonde."

Tones? There's still early Led Zep and early Jeff Beck to explore... still gassing for the Yardbox...  :oops:

Offline ussfdoc

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #124 on: January 07, 2007, 04:18:19 PM »
I love my teles but my oldest son just begged me on his knees for my 67 Tele and since it was given to me by my Dad, I figured I would pass it on.  Looks like I'll be trading my RJ Tele off for another strat.

Thinkin it won't be long before one of my sons begs for my 62 Strat.

Thart will have to be in the will.

Be well,

"Doc Rick"  Even when life is a bed or roses, there are still those damn thorns!!