hulika

Author Topic: the FLYING-V squad!!  (Read 108201 times)

Offline youthanasia

Re: the FLYING-V squad!!
« Reply #400 on: November 01, 2012, 04:34:16 AM »
pa join :)

washburn WV66GT Greg Tribbett Signature Series
Mahogany body and set mahogany neck
Ebony fretboard with 22 frets and no inlays
Satin Black finish with creme binding on body, neck, and headstock
Hardtail bridge
Non-locking Grover 18:1 tuners
Single EMG 81 active pickup
1 volume

i call her "Antonia"..  excited to gig with this monster! :mrgreen:

Super sulit to! 45k down to 15k sa Yupangco! Was planning to get one, too, but I was a bit turned off by the one pup config. How does it play?  :)

I'm eyeing on a '68 Gibby Flying V. Hopefully before this year ends makakuha ako  :drool:

Offline rtf_axeman

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #401 on: November 01, 2012, 05:21:06 AM »
Super sulit to! 45k down to 15k sa Yupangco! Was planning to get one, too, but I was a bit turned off by the one pup config. How does it play?  :)

I'm eyeing on a '68 Gibby Flying V. Hopefully before this year ends makakuha ako  :drool:

smoothe bro, smoothe.. fast neck, action is just perfect, very good playability, surprisingly light weight, pareho lang halos ng Jackson Warrior ko. I dont mind the single EMG 81 pickup config, i dont need a neck pickup anyway, swak na swak sa tugtugan ko. in your face metal guitar! :mrgreen:

Offline youthanasia

« Reply #402 on: November 01, 2012, 02:33:41 PM »
smoothe bro, smoothe.. fast neck, action is just perfect, very good playability, surprisingly light weight, pareho lang halos ng Jackson Warrior ko. I dont mind the single EMG 81 pickup config, i dont need a neck pickup anyway, swak na swak sa tugtugan ko. in your face metal guitar! :mrgreen:

Niiice! Congrats on your new guitar bro!  :-D

Offline rtf_axeman

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #403 on: November 02, 2012, 12:48:50 AM »
Niiice! Congrats on your new guitar bro!  :-D

thanks man! will pimp up this axe soon! virgin ang fretboard eh, sarap lagyan ng inlays!

Offline rtf_axeman

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #404 on: November 07, 2012, 02:56:53 AM »

PIMPED!!

courtesy of fretboard fetish! hihihihihi

Offline maruzen

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #405 on: November 07, 2012, 03:00:52 AM »
PIMPED!!

nice! yung ECG tracing parang continuation into the body.... astig :)
FS: Effects Pedals, Blackstar HT5-R - http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=302374.0

Offline rtf_axeman

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #406 on: November 07, 2012, 03:17:36 AM »
nice! yung ECG tracing parang continuation into the body.... astig :)

thanks man! excited nga ako gamitin na to eh, too bad di kame makaka tugs this sunday sa Hydra :(

Offline youthanasia

« Reply #407 on: November 07, 2012, 03:24:15 AM »

PIMPED!!

Nice choice! Really classy looking!

Offline Rageworx

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #408 on: November 07, 2012, 09:17:20 AM »
My Fernandes V. The headcrasher is missing it's tremolo arm though. Any leads to where I can get a spare?  :cry:

Pedals on Sale: http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=273860.msg3741566#msg3741566
References: unoh, zyehj, alamat, BAMF, trem3, macrulez019, brown, Kenzu0911, lemon15, spliffbwoy, lmichiko, derekdecastro, kurtcobainer, progfather, metalheadz

Offline rtf_axeman

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #409 on: November 07, 2012, 09:20:41 AM »
My Fernandes V. The headcrasher is missing it's tremolo arm though. Any leads to where I can get a spare?  :cry:

have you checked audiophile? baka may all parts na spare? not sure though bro, ask Alber Montinola, i think he also handles All parts doon.

Offline Rageworx

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #410 on: November 07, 2012, 09:48:01 AM »
Thanks for the lead. Will try them out. Rock on!

have you checked audiophile? baka may all parts na spare? not sure though bro, ask Alber Montinola, i think he also handles All parts doon.
Pedals on Sale: http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=273860.msg3741566#msg3741566
References: unoh, zyehj, alamat, BAMF, trem3, macrulez019, brown, Kenzu0911, lemon15, spliffbwoy, lmichiko, derekdecastro, kurtcobainer, progfather, metalheadz

Offline thecrow23

LES PAUL >>>> MARSHALL JMP

Offline mustaine_factor

« Reply #412 on: January 19, 2013, 09:04:04 PM »
Just sold my Jackson King V JS32T to my bandmate, so I have updated my gears.

Dean VMNT

Jackson Stars King V J2EK

Here is the entire family

Just read from somewhere (not in Philmusic) that na-uto daw ako ng PULP for paying that much just to have a few seconds photo op and autograph with Megadeth. The statement came from a non-guitar player if I am not mistaken. A guitar signed by Megadeth themselves that comes with a video and photo to prove its authenticity, is worth more than what I have paid for PULP. Anlakas manlait ng taong yun but oh well, I'll just shrug them off my shoulders, peace be with him.
Guitars: Dean Mustaine VMNT (SD Mustaine LiveWire), Jackson Stars Neck-Thru KV-J2K (EMG 81/60), ESP-LTD EX-400 (EMG 81/60 18v)
Processors: Line6 PODHD300, Line6 Floor POD
Amps: Line6 Spider IV 75 w/ FBV2 Footswitch

Offline ZeroForceXXVII

« Reply #413 on: April 09, 2013, 04:00:23 PM »
it has been a while since i last visited this thread... and i backread all of the messages that came in since i first posted here...

oh well, here's a picture of me onstage with my beloved Elisse...

from my most memorable gig at Checkpoint Louie's (a few weeks before they closed their doors)...

this picture was shot for me by a good friend, calls himself "Amherst Ureiqn"... and yes, that's a mac... i was using Amplitube for my effects... just an experiment to see how it works onstage. ^_^

Offline rtf_axeman

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #414 on: April 10, 2013, 12:03:58 AM »
it has been a while since i last visited this thread... and i backread all of the messages that came in since i first posted here...

oh well, here's a picture of me onstage with my beloved Elisse...

from my most memorable gig at Checkpoint Louie's (a few weeks before they closed their doors)...

this picture was shot for me by a good friend, calls himself "Amherst Ureiqn"... and yes, that's a mac... i was using Amplitube for my effects... just an experiment to see how it works onstage. ^_^

so how was it man? sorry OT, hehe PM me nalang bro

Offline ZeroForceXXVII

« Reply #415 on: April 10, 2013, 01:52:35 AM »
so how was it man? sorry OT, hehe PM me nalang bro

hi!

to answer your question, it worked well onstage, only that i lacked a footswitch to control the amp sim.  :-D

luckily, that night, we had to play full on hard rock, and i didn't have to switch channels.  ^-^

it kinda went well with the V, i gotta say. memorable gig, that night.

Offline rtf_axeman

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #416 on: April 10, 2013, 05:19:09 AM »
hi!

to answer your question, it worked well onstage, only that i lacked a footswitch to control the amp sim.  :-D

luckily, that night, we had to play full on hard rock, and i didn't have to switch channels.  ^-^

it kinda went well with the V, i gotta say. memorable gig, that night.

nice! more awesome gigs with the V to come!

Offline ZeroForceXXVII

« Reply #417 on: April 21, 2013, 02:55:32 AM »
and here's a shot of my beloved Elisse in my bedroom...

added the black pickup ring on the bridge, and replaced the gold tophats with gold speed knobs (they have since been re-replaced again by, you guessed it, tophats.  :-D) the puprings gave it a better look, and overall feel, at least for me.

added two more strap buttons on the upper wing to let me balance the guitar a bit better. i felt that the further away from the center the button is, the heavier the head becomes.

never mind that large Coca-Cola bottle, and the ash tray.  :-D

« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 02:59:47 AM by ZeroForceXXVII »

Offline bass monster

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #418 on: April 23, 2013, 05:05:00 AM »
pa-join? (edited to save space...)

2009 --

had Mike Sison install Floyd Rose floating bridge and locking nut system-2011 ---

2013 gig ---
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 07:17:38 PM by bass monster »
☠☠☠☠☠☠

Offline 123kidd

« Reply #419 on: April 26, 2013, 01:57:54 PM »
Pasali  :)

Offline caloyness

« Reply #420 on: April 26, 2013, 03:29:07 PM »
and here's a shot of my beloved Elisse in my bedroom...

added the black pickup ring on the bridge, and replaced the gold tophats with gold speed knobs (they have since been re-replaced again by, you guessed it, tophats.  :-D) the puprings gave it a better look, and overall feel, at least for me.

added two more strap buttons on the upper wing to let me balance the guitar a bit better. i felt that the further away from the center the button is, the heavier the head becomes.

never mind that large Coca-Cola bottle, and the ash tray.  :-D

nice one!! pero mas lumupit toh dahil sa sticker! "TIGASOUTH  :razz:"

Offline slowspeeder

• Veteran Member
« Reply #421 on: July 14, 2013, 02:43:17 PM »
I love this... im an LP guy but I never thought Gibson V is such a comfortable guitar to play

Gibson LP Std + Marshall Stack = Rock n Blues
JPP CA 4xx gLp/AF#3x a/s/p/Cc#&/MMc#x8

Offline siopao69

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #422 on: July 14, 2013, 09:00:29 PM »
Lp guy myself. Im lovin my v comfy naman kahit naka upo. Hanapin mo lang minsan maka de quatro

Offline mustaine_factor

« Reply #423 on: August 01, 2013, 01:42:12 PM »
V is best played on a chair na walang parang railings ng braso sa gilid, preferably a round chair, tapos medyo mababa, kasi kapag sobrang taas ng chair you'll end up needing to raise your left foot to balance the V guitar.

Musta mga V bros? Ganda po ng baby nyo Sir ZeroForceXXVII
Guitars: Dean Mustaine VMNT (SD Mustaine LiveWire), Jackson Stars Neck-Thru KV-J2K (EMG 81/60), ESP-LTD EX-400 (EMG 81/60 18v)
Processors: Line6 PODHD300, Line6 Floor POD
Amps: Line6 Spider IV 75 w/ FBV2 Footswitch

Offline aaronlara

« Reply #424 on: August 02, 2013, 01:32:43 AM »
Hello. Here is my V-type axe. Its an Ibanez V-Blade VBT-700 which was released sometime in 2007. Im not really into elaborate guitars but Ive always felt Ibanez had a certain "gift" in designing good-looking, modern, radical but not so-exaggerated guitars at a fairly good price. I like the way it was designed particularly its signature 'tails'. It sports a sturdy Gibraltar bridge and a DiMarzio D'Activator set. (PUs had been replaced recently.)

The V-Blade and the V-Twin. ;)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 02:42:29 AM by aaronlara »