hulika

Author Topic: Les Paul Club Thread  (Read 1656461 times)

Offline julsam

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Les Paul Club Thread
« Reply #1300 on: June 24, 2008, 12:02:30 PM »
it's all just a matter of preference  :wink:
« Last Edit: June 25, 2008, 02:09:32 PM by julsam »

Offline bembo

« Reply #1301 on: June 24, 2008, 01:10:15 PM »
well too late mate, im already in a les paul frenzy..

here's mine, 76 Greco LP Standard

yung galing kay dansparta yan hula ko??? tama ba??? :-D
Premiere Les Paul->zoom G1x->Boston OD->Behringer Noise Reducer->Boston Chorus

Offline rockophoria

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1302 on: June 24, 2008, 03:39:48 PM »
Les Paul design is not a design at all. Its a very old and irrelevant design coz of the ffg things
1. Theres only 22 instead of 24 frets (for all ya guitarists 24 shld be the standard) The location of the bridge pu is right smack on the dead spot
2. The neck design is the worst i can find coz its short and the heel is so big. Many say its very prone to breakage.
3. It is overpriced by 10x or more (think of the dough they give to celebrity endorsers). What u get inspite of it is a terrible humbucker pu's, cheap plastic inlays, poorly done body neck construction (should be long tenon to catch all those mids).
4. The nut is made of cheap plastic again (for this price it should be graphite)
5. Very heavy
6. Tuning pegs are not locking (they just install cheap china made tuners)
7. They r the most traded guitar on ebay coz their owners dont like them
8. Chord notes on a LP sounds muddy (why? the gallon of glue they used for the set neck absorbs all the resonance). There shouldnt be any glue or paint bet the neck and body the fit should be perfect tight and bolted.
9. Slash and Page dont use LP made by Gibsons(check out their website, theyre very frank to admit it) it was made by some "Ghostbuilders".
10. Whatever, after all its defects it looks good thats why its popular with collectors (people who doesnt have any idea how to play guitar).
Mine is a Gibson but I had it surgically repaired to correct those items i mentioned. Even Slash would trade his left arm to get mine ha ha ha.

Post ka pics ng LP mo.. plus video clips na rin.. mahirap magrant pero sige tingnan natin kung paano mo idedefend ang mga sinabi mo dito..
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 03:41:23 PM by rockophoria »
imma badass!! <funky guitar rift>

Offline mrbrownstone

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1303 on: June 24, 2008, 04:22:39 PM »
Les Paul design is not a design at all. Its a very old and irrelevant design coz of the ffg things
1. Theres only 22 instead of 24 frets (for all ya guitarists 24 shld be the standard) The location of the bridge pu is right smack on the dead spot
2. The neck design is the worst i can find coz its short and the heel is so big. Many say its very prone to breakage.
3. It is overpriced by 10x or more (think of the dough they give to celebrity endorsers). What u get inspite of it is a terrible humbucker pu's, cheap plastic inlays, poorly done body neck construction (should be long tenon to catch all those mids).
4. The nut is made of cheap plastic again (for this price it should be graphite)
5. Very heavy
8. Chord notes on a LP sounds muddy (why? the gallon of glue they used for the set neck absorbs all the resonance). There shouldnt be any glue or paint bet the neck and body the fit should be perfect tight and bolted.
9. Slash and Page dont use LP made by Gibsons(check out their website, theyre very frank to admit it) it was made by some "Ghostbuilders".
10. Whatever, after all its defects it looks good thats why its popular with collectors (people who doesnt have any idea how to play guitar).
Mine is a Gibson but I had it surgically repaired to correct those items i mentioned. Even Slash would trade his left arm to get mine ha ha ha.

pics would be nice! im excited...for someone to claim something...that maybe one hell of a GUITAR

Offline mrbrownstone

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1304 on: June 24, 2008, 04:25:49 PM »
and oh, peace man :-D

Offline gainsucker

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1305 on: June 25, 2008, 10:35:23 AM »
and oh, peace man :-D

excited na rin ako makita lp nya...sound clips na rin, or eb jam...  :evil:

Offline changedmynametojimi

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1306 on: June 26, 2008, 04:54:06 AM »

tama ka sir..

tama ka sir...

Offline vhunter

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1307 on: June 26, 2008, 10:17:30 AM »

Youre not a guitarist at all... youre post is old , uneducated and irrelevant becase of the ff things:

1. Theres only 22 instead of 24 frets (for all ya guitarists 24 shld be the standard) The location of the bridge pu is right smack on the dead spot.

Well, there is no difference in the bridge position of a 22 and 24 fret guitar. Its the neck pickup.

Its not the heel that breaks.. its the headstock! It snaps because of the angle and its a 1 piece neck unlike the stronger 3 pc necks of ibanez that are reinforced with the same angle. But youre right, the heel is big.

Are you playing an epiphone or a gibson CS? The CS have long tennons. The inlays are preference... parang sinabi mo bawal mag tsinelas. May crocks naman... medyo 10x more expensive siya than spartan. Neck construction is pretty good on most if not all the gibsons. There are so many pickup choices on gibsons with diff models.. so you can always find one that suits you. If not change em.

Graphite does not sound like plastic nor does it sound like bone. BTW graphite is cheaper than bone. And i like the sound of delrin (i think thats how its spelled)

5. Very heavy

You must be playing an epiphone or you weigh in at what 125lbs? Go to the gym.

Youre right here... but the older ones (pre 96) were all american made. Just because its china made... doesnt make it inferior.

They are the most traded guitar on ebay coz there are SO DAMN MANY. Theyve been making the guitar since 84 and build them in the tens of thousands.

You obviously havnt played a les paul. Chords are clear and sweet. NOthing against bolt ons. BTW there is NO PAINT BETWEEN THE NECK AND BODY.

Slash's number 1.. the new custom shop guitar is a copy of his 1988 les paul standard MADE BY GIBSON. Its not even custom shop its a standard. Yeah the one with the 3 pc top. Nothing special about it. Jimmy P's Les paul is a real gibson. ONe of the most famous 59's in the world. Man youre such a dolt for assuming that its not real. Hahaha.

Umm ok so Zakk wylde cant play, so bucket head cant play, so Eric Johnson cant play, warren hayes, joe bonamassa... etc etc

Youre completely missing the point Troll.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 10:32:21 AM by vhunter »

gustomogatas

« Reply #1308 on: June 26, 2008, 10:20:47 AM »
5. Very heavy

Mmmmm.. teka, what brand/model is this Les Paul are you talking about?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 10:45:08 AM by gustomogatas »

Offline rockophoria

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1309 on: June 26, 2008, 10:41:52 AM »
Errr.. what brand is this Les Paul?

Baka "photogenic" hehehe peace!
imma badass!! <funky guitar rift>

Offline jupi311

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #1310 on: June 26, 2008, 08:40:07 PM »
Ang gaganda ng mga lp nyo..
may tatanong sana ako..

Ang katanungan koy ganito...

Okay po ba yung Lp na GRASSROOTS?
May bibilhin kasi akong grassroots LP..
And magkano ba usually ang Grassroots LP kahit na second hand na?

Hope you could help me... Salamat... :mrgreen:

Offline orion

« Reply #1311 on: June 27, 2008, 01:31:51 AM »
post ko lang din po,. :-)

[img width=600 height=750]http://[IMG]

dahil sa konting sipag,.tyaga,.determinasyon at walang tulugan,, :-)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2008, 02:04:11 AM by orion »
It's either "Less is More" or "Less is Bore"

Offline siore

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1312 on: June 27, 2008, 01:42:04 AM »

dahil sa konting sipag,.tyaga,.determinasyon at walang tulugan,, :-)
Congrats sir!   :-)
soundclick.com/siore
youtube.com/user/siore

Offline bembo

« Reply #1313 on: June 27, 2008, 08:13:35 AM »
tama ka sir..

tama ka sir...

swerte mo bro :-D
Premiere Les Paul->zoom G1x->Boston OD->Behringer Noise Reducer->Boston Chorus

Offline bluebossa

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1314 on: June 28, 2008, 01:23:45 AM »
mga sir,may pagkakaiba ba tunog ng set neck na lp sa bolt on?

Offline chupao

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1315 on: June 28, 2008, 08:17:23 AM »
mga sir,may pagkakaiba ba tunog ng set neck na lp sa bolt on?

SET THROUGH NECK :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Set-through_neck

SET IN NECK :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Set-in_neck

BOLT ON NECK :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bolt-on_neck

comparable silang lahat !  :-D :-D

Offline morphine

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1316 on: June 28, 2008, 11:44:41 AM »
gaganda ng mga lp
pag naayos ko na lp ko add ko din pics dito

Offline patchdpogi

« Reply #1317 on: June 28, 2008, 12:47:39 PM »
i said goodbye to my ibby babe...

and said hello to my new baby...  :-D :-D :-D

« Last Edit: June 28, 2008, 12:50:06 PM by patchdpogi »
KUNG HINDI MO KAYA PANINDIGAN... MANAHIMIK KA NALANG!!! \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Offline humbucker

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1318 on: June 28, 2008, 12:49:59 PM »

may gibby na nga may epi pa!  :lol:
ganda sir! congrats!  :-D

Offline patchdpogi

« Reply #1319 on: June 28, 2008, 12:51:39 PM »
may gibby na nga may epi pa!  :lol:
ganda sir! congrats!  :-D

hehe... thanks... les paul addict eh...  :-D :-D :-D
KUNG HINDI MO KAYA PANINDIGAN... MANAHIMIK KA NALANG!!! \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Offline faceless

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1320 on: June 29, 2008, 11:15:35 PM »

dude was that the one in the adds a million milliseconds ago hehe...ambilis ah, saw it too, i like the blue flames pero sayang just recently got a new lp. if nauna yan i should've never let the seller sleep hehe :evil:

if that was the one i was talking about, you're lucky, great deal indeed

congrats on ur new lp! :-D :evil:
N4 | ME2 | MC58 | R8

Offline patchdpogi

« Reply #1321 on: June 29, 2008, 11:43:36 PM »
dude was that the one in the adds a million milliseconds ago hehe...ambilis ah, saw it too, i like the blue flames pero sayang just recently got a new lp. if nauna yan i should've never let the seller sleep hehe :evil:

if that was the one i was talking about, you're lucky, great deal indeed

congrats on ur new lp! :-D :evil:

ito nga yun dude... may nakauna sakin pero i was so blessed na sakin din bumagsak nung pi-nost ko na FT yung ibby ko...  :-D :-D :-D

Offline faceless

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1322 on: June 30, 2008, 12:15:21 AM »
ito nga yun dude... may nakauna sakin pero i was so blessed na sakin din bumagsak nung pi-nost ko na FT yung ibby ko...  :-D :-D :-D

ayos pla..destined talaga para sau yan men hehe...its a dog eat dog world out there pagdating sa mga rare/good find items hehe..its only a matter of budget na lang talaga haha :evil:
N4 | ME2 | MC58 | R8

Offline patchdpogi

« Reply #1323 on: June 30, 2008, 12:06:08 PM »
ayos pla..destined talaga para sau yan men hehe...its a dog eat dog world out there pagdating sa mga rare/good find items hehe..its only a matter of budget na lang talaga haha :evil:

true...  :lol:

Offline seeds of gehenna

« Reply #1324 on: June 30, 2008, 03:04:42 PM »
Pasali lang po!!

This was my humble Gibson Les Paul Classic Plus!!

Flame top?

Bye?

Hay!!! sana makabili uli ako ng LP..