hulika

Author Topic: GONE AGAIN (hehe)  (Read 785 times)

Offline inigo

• Philmusicus Addictus
GONE AGAIN (hehe)
« on: July 24, 2012, 02:34:31 AM »
Putting up a used Presonus Firestudio Project, to trade with a power amp. Preferably something like an Alesis RA500.

Pics and sound tests for all 8 mic preamps are in this video:

I ran through each of all 8 channels using a Samson Q1 condenser mic (so I can test if phantom power works).

Notice that all channels work fine, except for channel 5, which has some hiss.

The edits I did to the track are just to normalize the sound and to compress each test take. The volume difference between takes is due to probably different gain levels (i only estimated gain levels of *about* noon) and the distance of the mic from my mouth when I did each test.

Another issue is that after about an hour, all channels emit some sort of faint beeping tone that is triggered by incoming audio signal, which makes it seem like feedback of some sort. This beeping tone is picked up and gets recorded. To record again properly, the unit needs to rest a bit.

The unit has an external 220v power supply, built by Mang Raul Quesada. The internal 110v previously broke and needed repair.

The soundclip here was recorded on July 9, 2012, using the external 220v power supply.

PM or 0917-838-0961.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 09:57:58 AM by inigo »
400/hr recording. Banana Rising Recording Studio www.bananarising.com

SOUND SAMPLES: http://www.bananarising.com/p/sound-samples.html