hulika

Author Topic: METALLICA's new album, "DEATH MAGNETIC" out now.  (Read 30142 times)

Offline randymarsh

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: METALLICA's new album, "DEATH MAGNETIC" out now.
« Reply #75 on: September 14, 2008, 03:11:37 PM »
:x :x :x san mo nabili na music store?

jbhifi sydney  :-D meron ding box set for an additional of $20. i think it's too much.
nuno : n4 2.0 n4esa, n4vintage, n4 silver sparkle, n5, n6, n7, n8esa
etc : yjm, axis, jp6, jpxi, jp12, jp13, lp 58 vos, lp 57 ri, lp standard, lp trad, am strat, am tele deluxe, jem7v, uv777, rg prestige, j custom, deluxe reverb, vai legacy, jcm900, axefx

Offline panterica

• Board Moderator
« Reply #76 on: September 14, 2008, 05:59:34 PM »
jbhifi sydney  :-D meron ding box set for an additional of $20. i think it's too much.

magkano in peso yung coffin box set sir arjin?

gusto ko din nito:

I know you would say that at for the record di mo ako kilala ROOKIEBOY. Tinawag kitang rookie at di lahat, IKAW LANG GET IT. Hanggang dyan ka na lang....puro cheap shots - Pallas

"Good artists copy, great artists steal"

Offline randymarsh

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #77 on: September 14, 2008, 07:43:39 PM »
check ko uli tomorrow sa jb-hifi

meron nga sila niyang headphones

http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/Product/367592

:-D
etc : yjm, axis, jp6, jpxi, jp12, jp13, lp 58 vos, lp 57 ri, lp standard, lp trad, am strat, am tele deluxe, jem7v, uv777, rg prestige, j custom, deluxe reverb, vai legacy, jcm900, axefx

Offline paperlungs

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #78 on: September 15, 2008, 07:29:44 AM »
magkano in peso yung coffin box set sir arjin?

gusto ko din nito:

wow!!! ganda ng headphones!

Offline randymarsh

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #79 on: September 15, 2008, 01:18:34 PM »
panterica,

$200 pala yung coffin case. out of stock siya ngayon.  :-(

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
« Reply #80 on: September 15, 2008, 04:07:47 PM »
ok lang para sakin except sa Unforgiven III na di ko talaga gusto.  pero malaking improvement compared sa last 3 albums nila.  still, i wouldn't buy this album.   " :-D

I agree with Unforgiven III. Di ko magustuhan talaga e. Pero astig yung ibang mga kanta. I enjoyed the album :)
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline paperlungs

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #81 on: September 15, 2008, 08:40:59 PM »
I agree with Unforgiven III. Di ko magustuhan talaga e. Pero astig yung ibang mga kanta. I enjoyed the album :)

yeah, pero astig pa rin yung album as a whole. di ko kasi na tripan yung st. anger talaga eh. so i was really happy nung bumalik sila sa dati nilang tunog..wooohooo! galing ng metallica!

Offline feeldeeznuts85

• Netizen Level
« Reply #82 on: September 15, 2008, 09:20:37 PM »
:x :x :x san mo nabili na music store?

mga repapeeps! meron na po death magnetic sa odyssey and astro"sumthing" sa SM Mall of Asia, i just got my copy yesterday and immediately went back to my car to unleash this epic masterpiece! hahahah...it costs P495, worth every penny!

although i would also like to get my hands on that coffin box set, padala na lang cgro ako sa tito ko from the states as an early xmas present! nyahahaha...bili2 na kayo and let's all: "BOW DOWN! SELL YOUR SOUL TO METALLICA!"...\m/

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #83 on: September 16, 2008, 12:36:41 AM »
Picked up the CD today.  Nice artwork.  Nice packaging.

METALLICA IS BACK.

Offline smutdrummer

• Veteran Member
« Reply #84 on: September 16, 2008, 04:36:52 AM »
BOW DOWN!!!
hehehe ganda ng vocal break ni hetfield jan.

st anger has its moments but still a let down compared to DeathMagnetic.
pinakinggan ko rin yung Slipknots latest album and after 3 songs... got bored with the shouting(nothing new to offer), DeathMAgnetic ulet!!

Offline smutdrummer

• Veteran Member
« Reply #85 on: September 16, 2008, 04:40:43 AM »
lumabas yung mga influences ni kirkhammet, more obvious sa instrumental suicide&redemtion... slow mid part reminds me of joesat. la lang npansin ko lang.

Offline bacolodDYL

« Reply #86 on: September 16, 2008, 12:40:13 PM »
mga repapeeps! meron na po death magnetic sa odyssey and astro"sumthing" sa SM Mall of Asia, i just got my copy yesterday and immediately went back to my car to unleash this epic masterpiece! hahahah...it costs P495, worth every penny!

although i would also like to get my hands on that coffin box set, padala na lang cgro ako sa tito ko from the states as an early xmas present! nyahahaha...bili2 na kayo and let's all: "BOW DOWN! SELL YOUR SOUL TO METALLICA!"...\m/
sige salamat ha... check ko sa saturday kung meron.. yun kung may natira pa... :mrgreen:

Offline drummerboy827

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #87 on: September 16, 2008, 09:59:56 PM »
the coffin is 3d-ish. I dig the packaging. Music One has a lot of new cds. They have OVERKILL, MASTODON, SLAYER, METALLICA, DIO, VIOLENT FEMMES, DREAM THEATER.
"Fast practice = slow progress"
"Slow practice = fast progress"

Offline panterica

• Board Moderator
« Reply #88 on: September 16, 2008, 10:54:26 PM »
Picked up the CD today.  Nice artwork.  Nice packaging.

METALLICA IS BACK.

san ka nakabili? ano yung packaging nya, jewel case or digipak?

the coffin is 3d-ish. I dig the packaging. Music One has a lot of new cds. They have OVERKILL, MASTODON, SLAYER, METALLICA, DIO, VIOLENT FEMMES, DREAM THEATER.

anong bago ng dt?
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 10:55:36 PM by panterica »
I know you would say that at for the record di mo ako kilala ROOKIEBOY. Tinawag kitang rookie at di lahat, IKAW LANG GET IT. Hanggang dyan ka na lang....puro cheap shots - Pallas

"Good artists copy, great artists steal"

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #89 on: September 17, 2008, 02:42:15 AM »
After several listens, I reckon this CD as one of the WORST-PRODUCED in terms of ultra-mega-hyper-compression.  Even the Mastering engineeer, Ted Jensen is disgruntled:

"I’m certainly sympathetic to your reaction, I get to slam my head against that brick wall every day. In this case the mixes were already brick walled before they arrived at my place. Suffice it to say I would never be pushed to overdrive things as far as they are here. Believe me I’m not proud to be associated with this one, and we can only hope that some good will come from this in some form of backlash against volume above all else.

Death Magnetic appears to have been ruined in the final mixing stage. It's here that all the songs were heavily compressed, peak limited, and otherwise turned into static mush. That's where all the problems lie.

That would normally be the end of the saga, aside from our grumbling of the lastest casualty of the music industry's insipid loudness wars. But suddenly a new wrinkle appeared from an unlikely source: the video game Guitar Hero.

Metallica made its new album available for play on Guitar Hero the same day as the commercial album's release. Because of the game's development time, Neversoft, GH's creators, were given tapes that preceeded the final mix. Put simply, they have a second mix of the album.

This is a stunning surprise, one that will in all likelihood save this album. The GH mix contains none of the heavy compression of the CD or LP versions. None of the squashing, none of the squeezing of the sounds. None of the painful jabs into your ears. Dynamic range is present in the songs. Quiet moments in songs like Unforgiven III and The Day That Never Comes are quiet, and the loud parts are loud. This is a completely different album than the version the mixing engineer destroyed.

The next question is rather obvious. When will somebody rip the GH mix so we can listen on our iPods? It's really only a matter of time. We'll have to troll through the internet for the fan mixes. Even better lies the possibility of fan-made mixes of D-Mag. This is possible because Neversoft was given the seperate tracks for their game. When you miss notes in the game, the guitar cuts out, but the rest of the band continues. This means Neversoft managed to create an album mix of their own, while also retaining the seperate channels.

I don't know about you, but I would love to tinker around and create my own D-Mag mix. Even this idea isn't a new one; Nine Inch Nails' Trent Reznor recently made his latest raw tracks available to the fans, so they could create their own custom mixes. In our internet age, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see more of this in the future. Games like Guitar Hero point to the future of pop music interacting with fans in new ways.

All of which points back to Metallica. In a perfect world, the band would deal directly with the terrible mixes on their new album. It really is terrible, and I remain speechless that such shoddy work would be released to the general public. If we are correct, that all the problems lie in that final mix, then this is a problem we can easily solve. I would prefer that Metallica themselves handle this. After all, it's their album.

But if that doesn't happen, we the fans are more than ready to step in. If that happens, expect "the Guitar Hero mix" to become the stuff of rock legend, like that original mono mix of Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band."

Now, I am trying to download the mixes made through the Guitar Hero stems. 

Offline smutdrummer

• Veteran Member
« Reply #90 on: September 17, 2008, 05:36:06 AM »
cool
let us know when youve downloaded the GH version

Offline 1waymule

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #91 on: September 17, 2008, 01:00:27 PM »
i just heard the GH version...you can find it somewhere in youtube. :)

I'm not sure if the GH version is "mastered" but it definitely sounded better compared to the CD. One thing i noticed though, was that the panning for GH was inverted.

The drums on the CD is intolerable. I sure hope they do something about this.

Offline qroon

• Tanod
  • Prime Moderator
« Reply #92 on: September 17, 2008, 02:57:03 PM »
Got the CD from Music One (Glorietta). I haven't tested it on a non-computer player, he he he.

Semper Erectus
Spur | Helical | Bevel | Hypoid | Crown | Epicyclic

Offline Deadwing

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #93 on: September 17, 2008, 04:02:22 PM »
Download link to the GH mix, anyone?

Offline cs_mapper

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #94 on: September 18, 2008, 12:34:52 AM »
try google this ..."death magnetic gh mix torrent" hehe..

that GH3 version do sounds better...

nice new album parang back to early 90's me discovering the pure anger of metallica hehe.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 01:07:57 AM by cs_mapper »

Offline Sherwin_xx2002

« Reply #95 on: September 18, 2008, 09:13:14 AM »
Hands down ako sa bagong album ng metallica... they're back :mrgreen:
CARPE DIEM

Offline PanciteriA

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #96 on: September 18, 2008, 02:03:37 PM »
death magnetic= thrash metal

st.anger= trash metal (although satisfied ako sa drumming ni lars pero sa guitar works hinde, no solos and si bob rock ang bass player nila that time kaya buti na lang me dvd ang album para naman maipakita nila na involved din si
mr. trujillo sa album nila.)

para sa inyo, sino ang best bassist sa metallica? jason o rob? (wag nang isama si cliff di hamak na mas mahusay yun sa dalawa)

rock n'roll!!!!!!!

Offline qroon

• Tanod
  • Prime Moderator
« Reply #97 on: September 18, 2008, 02:05:33 PM »
Got the GH3 version, medyo malakas ang bass at drums, pero overall, mas malakas yung ripped from CD. Btw, both are 320 kbps. Di ko pa nate-test na i-compare yung nasa CD and the GH3 rip.

RE: Best bassist? Magkakaiba sila ng attack at tone, all of them are/were part of Metallica. Depende na sa pamantayan kung sino ang matatawag na magaling. And mahirap i-compare kay Cliff si Jason at Rob hindi dahil mas magaling si Cliff, kundi patay na sya, hindi natin alam kung gaano sya kagaling ngayon kung buhay pa. :)
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 02:13:28 PM by qroon »

Semper Erectus
Spur | Helical | Bevel | Hypoid | Crown | Epicyclic

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #98 on: September 18, 2008, 03:05:19 PM »

para sa inyo, sino ang best bassist sa metallica? jason o rob? (wag nang isama si cliff di hamak na mas mahusay yun sa dalawa)

You don't know [gooey brown stuff] about how talented Rob is.  Cliff cannot do half the [gooey brown stuff] Rob can do.  Go research INFECTIOUS GROOVES and SUICIDAL TENDENCIES.

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #99 on: September 18, 2008, 03:06:38 PM »
Kaya ba ni Cliff at ni Jason ito?

« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 03:11:25 PM by skunkyfunk »