Tech Forums > The Photography Forum

Photography News

<< < (3/14) > >>

mozart123:
Fujifilm ‘considering bringing back black-and-white films’

Japanese film giant Fujifilm is considering reversing one of their most unpopular decisions – the axing of most of their black-and-white film line-up.

According to Japanese media, the company is considering being back some discontinued emulsions after popular demand.

https://kosmofoto.com/2018/07/fujifilm-black-and-white-acros-neopan-returning/

marzi:
^they better sell cheap because the Ilfords have dominated the market since their departure.

mozart123:
Chris Cahilig

Yesterday at 11:08
(UPDATED) The reason why I posted the video is for authorities to act on a policy that is clearly anti-tourism-- that is to require everyone, local and international tourists to go through the hassle of securing "coordination"/ seek permits just to be able to shoot good quality videos and photos using their DSLR camera. This kind of backward policy doesn't exist in public parks abroad where the authorities are more pre-occupied in ensuring the visitors' safety and wellbeing than wasting so much time confronting park goers who use DSLR cameras.

The video is not about me or 1:43, nor about the guards who are clearly just implementing the senseless rules made by their bosses. It is about creating a tourist-friendly environment in our public parks.

P.S. Yes, getting a permit is supposedly easy, but if you know how massive Luneta is, and you are a tourist who happen to just be passing by, would you even go through such a tedious process just to snap one or two souvenir photos or record videos of the national park using your DSLR camera?

-------
BULOK NA PATAKARAN SA LUNETA. I wanted to shoot a wala-walaan video for my boy band 1:43 Fan Page for their social media page at the Rizal Park this morning. Nang maglabas ako ng DSLR camera, two guards suddenly appeared and stopped us from shooting. Para kaming mga kriminal na huhulihin. Bawal daw ang magpicture or video using a DSLR pero ang phones pwede. Kailangan pang humingi ng permit at dapat may coordination pa sa office nila.

I find this policy ridiculous at definitely not tourist friendly. Paano kung turista ka o gusto mong gumawa ng travel vlog? You have to go through so much hassle pa just to have a good quality souvenir photo or video.

The Rizal Park is a public space where people should be able to freely do whatever they want na legal. Pera ng bayan ang pinangmi-maintain dyan at dapat wala itong policy na hostile sa mga local at international tourists. Sa ibang bansa, you are free to shoot photos or videos and may malinaw na signs sa areas na bawal.

This should stop. Nakakabastos at napaka-illogical ang policy. Nakaka-turn off.

https://www.facebook.com/chris.cahiligfull/videos/10156574542441306/

nicoyow:

--- Quote from: mozart123 on July 30, 2018, 10:01:52 PM ---Chris Cahilig

Yesterday at 11:08
(UPDATED) The reason why I posted the video is for authorities to act on a policy that is clearly anti-tourism-- that is to require everyone, local and international tourists to go through the hassle of securing "coordination"/ seek permits just to be able to shoot good quality videos and photos using their DSLR camera. This kind of backward policy doesn't exist in public parks abroad where the authorities are more pre-occupied in ensuring the visitors' safety and wellbeing than wasting so much time confronting park goers who use DSLR cameras.

The video is not about me or 1:43, nor about the guards who are clearly just implementing the senseless rules made by their bosses. It is about creating a tourist-friendly environment in our public parks.

P.S. Yes, getting a permit is supposedly easy, but if you know how massive Luneta is, and you are a tourist who happen to just be passing by, would you even go through such a tedious process just to snap one or two souvenir photos or record videos of the national park using your DSLR camera?

-------
BULOK NA PATAKARAN SA LUNETA. I wanted to shoot a wala-walaan video for my boy band 1:43 Fan Page for their social media page at the Rizal Park this morning. Nang maglabas ako ng DSLR camera, two guards suddenly appeared and stopped us from shooting. Para kaming mga kriminal na huhulihin. Bawal daw ang magpicture or video using a DSLR pero ang phones pwede. Kailangan pang humingi ng permit at dapat may coordination pa sa office nila.

I find this policy ridiculous at definitely not tourist friendly. Paano kung turista ka o gusto mong gumawa ng travel vlog? You have to go through so much hassle pa just to have a good quality souvenir photo or video.

The Rizal Park is a public space where people should be able to freely do whatever they want na legal. Pera ng bayan ang pinangmi-maintain dyan at dapat wala itong policy na hostile sa mga local at international tourists. Sa ibang bansa, you are free to shoot photos or videos and may malinaw na signs sa areas na bawal.

This should stop. Nakakabastos at napaka-illogical ang policy. Nakaka-turn off.

https://www.facebook.com/chris.cahiligfull/videos/10156574542441306/

--- End quote ---

noon pa ito.
Meron na nag open up nito sa photography forum (Pipho) Bawal magshoot sa Luneta, Intramuros, at Quirino Grandstand. Nag rally na din sila tungkol jan at karamihan ng umattend sa rally e ambassador ng camera brands and wala naman ako nabalitaan na nangyari. Napulis na din kami noon sa Intramuros dahil nagphotowalk kami sa loob. Napaka baho nga ng policy na yan. Kumbaga e sa tourist attraction ng manila, bawal ka magpicture. haha.

marzi:
^ang alam ko pwede na sa Intramuros pero select areas lang at need mo ng permit lalo na pag styled shoot(prenup, etc) ang gagawin.

sa BGC at Ayala pwede, wag ka lang magsetup ng tripod dahil dun na icoconsider na youre making money out of it.

wag ibawal kung freelance/run and gun type yung shooting. pero kung gagamitin professionally(product shoot, ad campaign, full equipment etc), dun na sila humingi ng permit.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version