hulika

Author Topic: ★ BLACKSTAR Amps and Pedals Users Thread  (Read 192632 times)

Offline Miguel_Bituin

Re: ★ BLACKSTAR Amps and Pedals Users Thread
« Reply #1000 on: April 23, 2016, 11:02:44 PM »
IDCORE series wins for best practice amp IMHO. doubles up as a multimedia speaker as well :D

plano ko bumili sir. pano pala yung eq nya parang wala syang bass mid treble?

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #1001 on: April 25, 2016, 10:36:57 AM »
plano ko bumili sir. pano pala yung eq nya parang wala syang bass mid treble?

it has no eq. ISF knob only to switch from an American voicing to a british voicing.

kung gusto mo ayusin yung eq, you have to attach it to a PC using the Blackstar Software.

imho, for a practice amp, no need for the eq.
hahaha ako binibiyak ko muna yung wetpaks para makita kung may yellow thingy hahahaha

Offline firefalcon_08

« Reply #1002 on: June 21, 2016, 09:03:22 AM »
has anyone tried replacing the pots on an HT pedal? I couldnt play with my HT-Dist without spraying contact cleaner every time i use it.
lots and lots and lots and lots more to learn

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #1003 on: June 21, 2016, 09:33:53 AM »
has anyone tried replacing the pots on an HT pedal? I couldnt play with my HT-Dist without spraying contact cleaner every time i use it.

not sure kung SMT na ang idcore. pero kung full sized pots yan, you can clean them instead of replacing them.
hahaha ako binibiyak ko muna yung wetpaks para makita kung may yellow thingy hahahaha

Offline firefalcon_08

« Reply #1004 on: June 21, 2016, 10:54:43 PM »
not sure kung SMT na ang idcore. pero kung full sized pots yan, you can clean them instead of replacing them.

hindi siya idcore. ht pedal siya. sprayed on the pots again but the gain settings fluctuate without me turning the knob  :-(

micropot ata tawag sa thing na 'to.

lots and lots and lots and lots more to learn

Offline mikomiko

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1005 on: June 21, 2016, 11:18:49 PM »
Blackstar user here

Ht Club 60

IDCore Yes its the best Practice/room amp there is the effects on it are topnotch

SKA UP YER LIFE RUDY!!!

Offline LaXter

« Reply #1006 on: June 23, 2016, 06:30:58 AM »
Is HT5r too much for bedroom use or should I stick to ID:Core or the ID Series?
GAS-Masked

Offline cayle

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1007 on: June 23, 2016, 07:23:07 AM »
Is HT5r too much for bedroom use or should I stick to ID:Core or the ID Series?

If you're using pedals, you can go for the HT5. In my case, I'm currently using an ID Core 10 with no pedals. Okay siya for bedroom use. Malakas rin.

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #1008 on: June 23, 2016, 09:43:17 AM »
If you're using pedals, you can go for the HT5. In my case, I'm currently using an ID Core 10 with no pedals. Okay siya for bedroom use. Malakas rin.

+1 ahahaha actually, dahil jan sa idcore na yan, bihira ko na ilabas yung pedal board ko kung noodling lang. the effects are really really nice!

Offline x_taxi

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1009 on: June 23, 2016, 10:20:45 AM »
+1 ahahaha actually, dahil jan sa idcore na yan, bihira ko na ilabas yung pedal board ko kung noodling lang. the effects are really really nice!

interesting...

one reason i only use the computer stuff, e.g. pod xt/ revalver/ etc. is for recording. i don't question the authenticity of the sound. pero i have "cork-sniffer" issues with the feel and response kasi when just playin around.

how close yun "feel" niya sa tube amp? parang gusto ko for the room cause my kids keep complainin i play too loud when they watch youtube! hahaha!
:razz::razz::razz:

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #1010 on: June 23, 2016, 10:32:00 AM »
interesting...

one reason i only use the computer stuff, e.g. pod xt/ revalver/ etc. is for recording. i don't question the authenticity of the sound. pero i have "cork-sniffer" issues with the feel and response kasi when just playin around.

how close yun "feel" niya sa tube amp? parang gusto ko for the room cause my kids keep complainin i play too loud when they watch youtube! hahaha!

the warm setting, when the gain knob is turned up sounds pretty nice. imho, don't expect "tube like" over drive. it is decent, but not OMG, I CANT BELEIVE IT levels.

what I plan to do, is to get a TS Mini that's always plugged with the amp to get those nice tube breakup sounds.

the effects though (reverb, delay and modulation) are top notch if you ask me. sounds great on the stereo speakers the idcore sports.

Offline x_taxi

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1011 on: June 23, 2016, 10:59:38 AM »
the warm setting, when the gain knob is turned up sounds pretty nice. imho, don't expect "tube like" over drive. it is decent, but not OMG, I CANT BELEIVE IT levels.

what I plan to do, is to get a TS Mini that's always plugged with the amp to get those nice tube breakup sounds.

the effects though (reverb, delay and modulation) are top notch if you ask me. sounds great on the stereo speakers the idcore sports.

thanks! parang gusto ko nga siya for the effects. "matigas" lang talaga ang feel ng emulation. siguro magandang compromise na ito.

Offline cayle

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1012 on: June 23, 2016, 12:21:06 PM »
interesting...

It won't feel like a tube amp. I only use the warm clean, super crunch and OD1 modes.

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #1013 on: June 23, 2016, 01:08:09 PM »
It won't feel like a tube amp. I only use the warm clean, super crunch and OD1 modes.

yan lang din yung modes na ginamit ko HAHAHAHAHA

Offline LaXter

« Reply #1014 on: June 23, 2016, 09:46:58 PM »
Well that answered my question, thanks.  Kaso that also means na hindi magandang tumanggap ang ID Core sa pedals?

Sent from my SM-G850Y using Tapatalk

GAS-Masked

Offline mikomiko

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1015 on: June 23, 2016, 11:02:42 PM »
Well that answered my question, thanks.  Kaso that also means na hindi magandang tumanggap ang ID Core sa pedals?

The ID core was not designed to have pedals IMHO i just love the effects on it very much tweakable delay patches are superb and the reverb is not that bad either
SKA UP YER LIFE RUDY!!!

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #1016 on: June 24, 2016, 10:33:08 AM »

not necessarily. the clean warm setting takes pedals well IMHO.

Offline x_taxi

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1017 on: June 24, 2016, 01:57:32 PM »

does it feel "stiff"?

I'm actually stoppin myself from checkin out the stuff over at lyric. mukha kasing mapapabili ako ng ht5 or ht20 heads. either that or the 6505+ mh na naka dungaw sa display!

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #1018 on: June 24, 2016, 02:23:31 PM »
does it feel "stiff"?

I'm actually stoppin myself from checkin out the stuff over at lyric. mukha kasing mapapabili ako ng ht5 or ht20 heads. either that or the 6505+ mh na naka dungaw sa display!

para sakin, mejo stiff, but it's leaps better than the fender/roland counterparts. it sounds hi fi. if you really want a tube sound may ht1 or cub8/10 kung bedroom lang naman.

Offline x_taxi

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1019 on: June 24, 2016, 02:28:28 PM »
para sakin, mejo stiff, but it's leaps better than the fender/roland counterparts. it sounds hi fi. if you really want a tube sound may ht1 or cub8/10 kung bedroom lang naman.

kung meron sana nung ht1 na head. pero parang wala na daw stock.

sabi sa kin nung taga lyric, the last time na may nag-test ng ht1 combo, gumagapang daw yun combo while the dude was testin it out. maybe too much vibration or somethin. nauwi daw sa ht5 combo kasi di daw nag-rattle.

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #1020 on: June 24, 2016, 02:40:05 PM »
kung meron sana nung ht1 na head. pero parang wala na daw stock.

sabi sa kin nung taga lyric, the last time na may nag-test ng ht1 combo, gumagapang daw yun combo while the dude was testin it out. maybe too much vibration or somethin. nauwi daw sa ht5 combo kasi di daw nag-rattle.

I really suggest you test out the IDcore. mahirap ibase sa descriptions eh. hahaha I think it will surprise you as well.

Offline zasam_4

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1021 on: June 24, 2016, 08:32:18 PM »
sirs im planning to buy an ID Core 10 or 20. may nakapagtry na ba gumamit ng iPad through Jamup/Amplitube dito? thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #1022 on: June 27, 2016, 10:40:30 AM »
sirs im planning to buy an ID Core 10 or 20. may nakapagtry na ba gumamit ng iPad through Jamup/Amplitube dito? thanks

yes. imho however, you wont need the effects of jamup/amplitube kung naka IDCORE ka na. I do use the IDCORE20 with my ipad through JamUp Pro for recording purposes.

Offline zasam_4

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1023 on: June 27, 2016, 11:15:44 AM »
yes. imho however, you wont need the effects of jamup/amplitube kung naka IDCORE ka na. I do use the IDCORE20 with my ipad through JamUp Pro for recording purposes.

thanks sa reply sir. actually ang habol ko yung saved patches ko sa JamUp without always using earphones. tried it using my Vox amp pero di maganda tunog kasi amp modeller yun. ayaw ko naman ng ipad and powered speaker setup kasi baka kailanganin ko din someday ang amp mismo. nagcheck ako nung IDCore20 kaso wala pala effects loop yun.

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #1024 on: June 27, 2016, 11:31:29 AM »
thanks sa reply sir. actually ang habol ko yung saved patches ko sa JamUp without always using earphones. tried it using my Vox amp pero di maganda tunog kasi amp modeller yun. ayaw ko naman ng ipad and powered speaker setup kasi baka kailanganin ko din someday ang amp mismo. nagcheck ako nung IDCore20 kaso wala pala effects loop yun.

ah gets paps. yung LINE IN niya can be used in conjuction with the ipad. the IDCORE speakers are somewhat FRFR so pwede siya gawing music player, or loudspeaker for your ipad.
 do note though that the IDcore amps are not gig worthy hahaha.