hulika

Author Topic: Karma/Reputation/Feedback System *merged*  (Read 60708 times)

Offline Riff_6603

• Philmusicus Moderatus
  • Prime Moderator
Re: Classifieds Feedback
« Reply #125 on: February 24, 2013, 08:38:24 AM »
cant you just make it ebay or tipidpc style when you look at the user's profile you see on the fly the feedbacks and the reasons ? ebay and tipidpc are big sites and there's a reason why they do that. what you're doing is unfair and does not makes sense at all. i had 2 transaction almost made but the person im dealing with backed out because he said i had 2 negative feedbacks without them even knowing how i got them. do you think they would bother to look and search to the other forum or thread and browse through the pages just to see how i got them ? unlike if you had them attached to my profile and can see them asap like tipidpc or ebay style ? i know pwede to nag setup na ko ng madaming forums and i had set this feature up before sa simple machines and phpbb

I'll let Qen know if it's possible or available to add that feature so that we could utilize a feedback "comment" section on every profile.

Offline bugoy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #126 on: February 24, 2013, 08:44:14 AM »
I'll let Qen know if it's possible or available to add that feature so that we could utilize a feedback "comment" section on every profile.

it is i just forgot how to do it on simple machines but i remember doing that before. in phpBB and myBB it's already built in

Offline Riff_6603

• Philmusicus Moderatus
  • Prime Moderator
« Reply #127 on: February 24, 2013, 08:48:00 AM »
it is i just forgot how to do it on simple machines but i remember doing that before. in phpBB and myBB it's already built in

oohh! so there is an available add on feature then? nice! I already PM's qen re this since he's the one maintaining the site under the hood.

Offline bugoy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #128 on: March 02, 2013, 04:04:58 AM »
FYI your "Classified Feedback" term is misleading people. some potential buyers ng mga items ko backed out because they saw 2 negative feedbacks on my profile. them thinking na may bad transaction ako thats why i got the 2 negative feedbacks, and i would also think the same way if i saw someone with a negative "CLASSIFIED FEEDBACK" until i saw riff*&@ explanation, on ebay, tipidpc and sulit, classified feedback means feedback on transactions, not by violating site rules. mods sorry sa term na gagamitin ko but who ever came up with that does not know what he is doing and is misleading people. specially giving rockophoria a POSITIVE CLASSIFIED FEEDBACK when the reason he got that is not because of being a good seller but by contributing some programming for the site does not really makes sense and is stupid. hope you guys or whoever came up with that can use your brain, ban me if you want but i just wanted to let you know you came up with an idiot idea whoever you are.

and now i remember why i got a classified ad locked by bitoy and got banned for 15 days without even asking me what my intention was really for doing that. programmer din ako. at ang ginagawa ko dati eh pag nag a up ako ng classified ko dine delete ko yung previous up ng ad ko. ang dahilan ko eh to keep my ad clean and to prevent pagination on my post  and contribute too so i can free up database space as you know 1 post eats up 1 row on your database and too many rows makes the database query slow. kung iisipin mo i was actually contributing optimizing the database and cleaning up the forum.

sinusunod ko naman yung 1 day up. hindi na ako nag reklamo dahil ayoko na patulan yung ibang mod dito na isip bata at nag po power trip and hindi rin naman din big deal sakin dahil i have a life. pero kung i rereview niyo yung ginawa ko sinunod ko yung 1 day up policy niyo bago ako mag delete ng previous up. just clarifying myself up and just wanted to shake the mods up.

thank you
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 04:18:53 AM by bugoy »

Offline Riff_6603

• Philmusicus Moderatus
  • Prime Moderator
« Reply #129 on: March 03, 2013, 10:46:56 AM »
Point taken.

Here's the thing, the now classifieds feedback system is a revamp of the old karma system. back then, the karma system was vague in nature, both forumites and mods didn't know how to utilize it, let alone was a rule being followed as to how it should be used. As such, it was open to all kinds of interpretation. Some use it to give someone a commendation for a great job done, some use it to smite members who violate rules in general, and some even use it for the sake of giving an applaud to a fellow member/mod.

As you or the majority may had been aware, the mods recently held a meetup last January to discuss how to properly streamline PM's rules and regulations. One of the topics covered was how to improve the user's experience. I for one volunteered to revamp the karma system to be utilized as classifieds feedback instead.

Given the previous nature of the karma system, there would still be remnants of ye olde ways. Such was the reason I posted this message:

So here's the thing. the "Classifieds Feedback" system was used to be known as "Karma". the "Karma" system was pretty vague, mods only found use for it in general to "smite" violators in general or "applaud" certain members as we find fit (e.g. rockophoria creating an IOS app for PM etc.)

Now, since I updated it to act specifically as "Classifieds Feedback" recently, here are certain clarifications:

• Q: You might have either a positive or negative feedback already, prior to the feedback function change. Could one have them updated or reset?
  • A: That depends. If you already have positive feedback and still want it reset, you've earned my respect for setting a fair game. If you have negative feedback and want it reset, well, we do have certain considerations to follow:
Why do I have negative feedback?
  • You violated PM's rules and regulations (not necessarily restricted to the classifieds rules and regulations but in general)
  • You posted a non-musical item in the unclassifieds board.
  • Q: Since my negative feedback was a remnant from the previous karma function, could I have it reset then?
  • A: Yes. I could reset it for you. but here's the catch: I'll be giving you a warning point instead. you still violated a rule and we're not looking at forgetting about it anytime soon. it is fair enough IMHO. (at least this time, you could earn back your worth.. or posting capabilities for that matter). But if you violated a classifieds rule, well then, it's your fault for not reading the rules and regulations.
  • Q: What's a warning point? I don't get it..
  • A: Well, you could check out the details here:
NEW FEATURE: MOD WARNING NOTIFICATION
http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=283677.0

Questions? Just do let me know!

Q: What if I got a negative feedback, could you tell me why or how it happened?

A: If it was a valid classifieds feedback or was given during the implementation of the revamped feedback system, then YES we could. We have an archive/repository of all classified threads that violated PM's rule that we could check and present as evidence. If in case we don't have any evidence against you, then consider your feedback reset. You would then recieve a notification re your feedback being reset. But as mentioned earlier, this would still be logged in the records since you did earned a negative feedback though vague in nature. You did something to earn that said feedback and we're not looking at forgetting about it anytime soon. At least you get to start over with a clean slate. well, in a way I guess.. hope that cleared up a few notions.

Offline Riff_6603

• Philmusicus Moderatus
  • Prime Moderator
Re: UPDATED FEATURE: CLASSIFIEDS FEEDBACK
« Reply #130 on: March 10, 2013, 10:23:55 PM »
Hi All,

In line with PM's continuous effort in improving the user's experience, we'll be utilizing a rating widget courtesy of gorated.ph:

Free and Easy to integrate Rating Widget for PhilMusic Sellers/Members
http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=287569.0

I've disabled the Karma/feedback feature to give way for this improvement. Please install and provide feedback. Thank you.

Offline ragdefalcis

• GoRated.PH Master
  • Netizen Level
« Reply #131 on: March 11, 2013, 12:57:18 AM »
For more discussion about the new feedback/rating system for the classifieds, go to this thread http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=287569.new;topicseen#new

Some members have their own rating widget for their profiles already.

Get your own rating badge signature at GoRated.PH

Offline bugoy

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: [apple]/Feedback System *merged*
« Reply #132 on: March 15, 2013, 01:57:03 PM »
why not have someone code a custom plugin for this to cater exactly what's needed here ?

Offline ragdefalcis

• GoRated.PH Master
  • Netizen Level
Re: [apple]/Feedback System *merged*
« Reply #133 on: March 15, 2013, 04:58:02 PM »
why not have someone code a custom plugin for this to cater exactly what's needed here ?

It's a custom plug-in though but the rating-activities data are saved to GoRated.PH (3rd Party). It's the best set-up that we can have since the data can be portable to other platforms. For example, you have your own website, you can use the same rating widget that you use with www.philmusic.com for your website.

We (GoRated.PH team) is planning/working to partner with other local classified sites such as tipidpc.com, pinoyphotography.org etc. so that your online reputation at philmusic.com will be portable to other platforms as well.

Get your own rating badge signature at GoRated.PH

Offline Gunslinger

• Tony Stark
  • Board Moderator
New Feature: Reputation Power
« Reply #134 on: March 17, 2013, 12:09:14 PM »
So how does this work? How do we gain points? What does green bar and red bar mean?

..and why in the world the word repütation censored? Because of the word "püta" in it? lol
Play   Guitar   To  Express..   Not   To   Impress.

Offline Riff_6603

• Philmusicus Moderatus
  • Prime Moderator
Re: New Feature: [apple] Power
« Reply #135 on: March 17, 2013, 09:02:08 PM »
So how does this work? How do we gain points? What does green bar and red bar mean?

Just logged in, haven't checked it out yet. here's the description in the SMF site though.

Advanced Reputation System v1.8.3 for SMF 2.0 RC5

Introduction

A full Karma System replacement, with adjustable reputation settings and an in-post rate/comment popup box.

Features
o Reputation sent is now based on the giver's reputation
o Popup box can be activated in posts wherein reputation can be sent with a comment
o Members can view their own reputation by going to action=profile;sa=reputation
o :: Moderators (or anyone with permission) can delete reputation actions on this screen
o Reputation can be given per post, per thread, on account birthday, and on registration and more!

Q: we already have the gorated widget haven't we, are we utilizing 2 functions for the ratings then?
A: The gorated widget is a more practical and universal app re seller rep. I could try to tweak the new karma function for mod use instead.

..and why in the world the word repütation censored? Because of the word "püta" in it? lol

I guess so.. haha! I'll try to fix it out too. :-P

EDIT: Fixed the censor settings!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 09:04:20 PM by Riff_6603 »

Offline ysei

• Philmusicus Addictus
Reputation Power???
« Reply #136 on: March 18, 2013, 04:26:04 PM »
WTF is this %$@#? Parang exaggerated naman yung mga points.
Any Good Guy Gregs out there willing to explain how this thing works?
On vacation...

Offline Gunslinger

• Tony Stark
  • Board Moderator
Re: Reputation Power???
« Reply #137 on: March 18, 2013, 04:30:48 PM »
Mods might remove this soon. Numbers shown are obviously inaccurate and have no basis.
Play   Guitar   To  Express..   Not   To   Impress.

Offline dharzfreeman

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #138 on: March 18, 2013, 05:01:56 PM »

:)
PHILMUSIC EQUALIZER

Offline weedurpart2

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #139 on: March 18, 2013, 05:32:19 PM »
yeeeeah, wtf is this for? why are uglier people getting higher scores than me?

Offline dharzfreeman

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #140 on: March 18, 2013, 05:36:22 PM »
yeeeeah, wtf is this for? why are uglier people getting higher scores than me?

:lol: Your NO CLASS - E, and not a member of the gang  :-D
PHILMUSIC EQUALIZER

Offline weedurpart2

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #141 on: March 18, 2013, 05:41:34 PM »
^ i don't know and don't get what you're talking about.

Offline Bolt Thrower

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #142 on: March 18, 2013, 05:52:16 PM »

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #143 on: March 18, 2013, 05:55:04 PM »

*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *
PEDALS & ACCESSORIES FOR SALE
PM: http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=283433.0      FB: https://www.facebook.com/RcMusicEmporium

Offline Bolt Thrower

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #144 on: March 18, 2013, 05:56:05 PM »
Puwede ba i-lock sa 666 ang "reputation power"?  :lol:

Offline dharzfreeman

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #145 on: March 18, 2013, 06:02:50 PM »
Puwede ba i-lock sa 666 ang "Reputation power"?  :lol:

:lol: Should be applicable to those religion thread forumer with ironic or awkward avatar  :lol:  :lol:
PHILMUSIC EQUALIZER

Offline tyrone1890

• Veteran Member
« Reply #146 on: March 18, 2013, 06:07:40 PM »
ano kayang basis nung pionts na yun?

Offline ekoy8

• Veteran Member
« Reply #147 on: March 18, 2013, 10:19:10 PM »
bakit red yung kulay sa ilalim ng reputation power ko? di namn ako masamang tao  :-o
www.facebook.com/ekoy.was.here.shirts <<< chekirawt at order na...

Offline kimhags

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #148 on: March 18, 2013, 10:30:06 PM »
bakit red yung kulay sa ilalim ng Reputation power ko? di namn ako masamang tao  :-o

ngayon green na, bro!  :lol: I'm also wondering about that green (or red) thing below the reputation power. so far, the mods haven't explained to us what this is.  :? my theory on the reputation power however is I think it's for credibility. it's like the basis on whether or not you can trust a certain forumer but the odd thing is parang exaggerated naman yung nga values ng reputation power. umaabot pa ng 1999999.

Offline brighteyesbayside

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #149 on: March 18, 2013, 10:35:02 PM »
wild guess:

i think its a counter ng number of posts

na may nahalong code or formula somewhere which ends up with multiples of 999999??
made an excel program to find the keys to a scale, and where to find them in a guitar's fretboard. http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=264555.0