hulika

Author Topic: Juan Dela Cruz Band : Awardee of the "Dangal ng Musikang Pilipino Award"  (Read 3535 times)

Offline Allan Roy

[color=red]20th Awit Awards
LIST OF WINNERS IN THE MAJOR CATEGORIES
The winners in the major categories of the 20th Awit Awards were finally revealed in an unforgettable night of music on August 8, 2007 at The NBC Tent, The Fort in Bonifacio Global City, Taguig. The awards night was topbilled by the biggest Filipino musicians headed by rock icons Pepe Smith and Wally Gonzalez of the legendary Juan de la Cruz band. The JDLC band was conferred the "Dangal ng Musikang Pilipino Award" by the Philippine Association of Record Industries (PARI).[/color]

Congratulations to the Juan Dela Cruz Band as awardee of the "Dangal ng Musikang Pilipino Award conferred by the Philippine Association of Recording Industry !!!!!

Mabuhay ang Pinoy Rock and Rhythm .... They truly deseved this award and recognition....

Offline carloroman

• Philmusicus Noobitus
I couldn't agree more, Allan Roy. Juan dela Cruz Band deserved that award, indeed. It's actually sad that this is all the recognition they get for being the legendary Juan dela Cruz band which pioneered rock 'n' roll 'n' rhytm in the Philippines. I've never seen the band featured in shows of the 2 major company that dominate the Philippine airwave: ABS CBN and GMA. (I actually saw one of GMA's show that featured Pepe Smith but it aired at 1 am in the middle of the night! Come on, people in position!)

I only hope that more Filipinos appreciate what the band has contributed to our culture musically. Along with the "Dangal ng Musikang Pilipino Award", I pray that the Juan Dela Cruz Band gets more awards and recognition because this i all that they deserve.

Filipino people, turn them Cueshe and 6cyclemind tracks low just for a short while and listen to the roots of it all. For it is in understanding the root that gives us the clearest perspective to anything.

Okay, I would want to stop sounding like a priest now. hahaha! :-D

MABUHAY KAYO, Pepe Smith, Mike Hanopol, and Wally Gonzales! 'ika nga ni Pepe Smith, Rakenrol!! 8-) 8-) :-D :-D :wink: :wink:
« Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 11:49:01 AM by carloroman »
We all want to change the world...

radiostationexp

Wow! Well deserved award! Congrats mga idol!  :-D

Offline insultedgamer

• Philmusicus Addictus
Wow! Well deserved award! Congrats mga idol!  :-D

Congrats din.  :-)
Please be active at Pinoy Music Fan Forums. :)

Offline mudcoremaine

yan ang rakenrol! :evil:

jdlc --- (salute :-D)

karhat man!

Offline xiver

I couldn't agree more, Allan Roy. Juan dela Cruz Band deserved that award, indeed. It's actually sad that this is all the recognition they get for being the legendary Juan dela Cruz band which pioneered rock 'n' roll 'n' rhytm in the Philippines. I've never seen the band featured in shows of the 2 major company that dominate the Philippine airwave: ABS CBN and GMA. (I actually saw one of GMA's show that featured Pepe Smith but it aired at 1 am in the middle of the night! Come on, people in position!)

pepe smith was once featured in Totoo tv, it was ABC5 though..

Mabuhay ang JDLC!!  :-D
hope the youth today would learn to appreciate more the roots of it all..  :-)

Offline kedysanchez

• Forum Fanatic

I only hope that more Filipinos appreciate what the band has contributed to our culture musically. Along with the "Dangal ng Musikang Pilipino Award", I pray that the Juan Dela Cruz Band gets more awards and recognition because this i all that they deserve.

Filipino people, turn them Cueshe and 6cyclemind tracks low just for a short while and listen to the roots of it all. For it is in understanding the root that gives us the clearest perspective to anything.

Okay, I would want to stop sounding like a priest now. hahaha! :-D

MABUHAY KAYO, Pepe Smith, Mike Hanopol, and Wally Gonzales! 'ika nga ni Pepe Smith, Rakenrol!! 8-) 8-) :-D :-D :wink: :wink:

Not to defend the two networks (pakialam ko ba sa kanila), there will be only a few musical shows existing on TV - ASAP, SOP, and if you wish, Walang Tulugan of Kuya Germs.  The two networks would love to feature these three icons of Pinoy Rock but it is quite difficult to put them together in one show.  In fact, during the Awit Awards, they were not complete (Mike is in Canada) so kahit anong sabihin, di pa rin Juan de la Cruz ang nagsama two nights ago.

Offline rednef

• Forum Fanatic
Dapat lang naman.
Mabuhay ang himig natin...Juan dela Cruz Band :lol:

Offline Allan Roy

Just a  simple and little tribute to Juan Dela Cruz Band for the award they received as "Dangal Ng Musikang Pilipino" from Awit Awards,   Howlin' Dave will feature the music of the Juan dela Cruz Band in his  new Pinoy Rock and Rhythm Show in the  RJ Underground radio 105.9 FM  this Sunday August 19 between 12 Noon to 3 PM. 
« Last Edit: August 13, 2007, 02:33:44 PM by Allan Roy »

Offline fretboard

• Philmusicus Addictus
congrats anyway :-)
try mo kayang kalabitin baka tumunog...

Offline rennaov

Re: Juan Dela Cruz Band : Awardee of the "Dangal ng Musikang Pilipino Award"
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2007, 06:18:09 PM »
More than deserving.  They started it all.  rekenroll sa ulan....
I see traces, fragments of God shared in the form of human talent...

Offline ginoong_tomba

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2007, 11:25:49 PM »
rak en rol

:mrgreen:

Offline Jim Ayson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2007, 05:27:25 PM »
Check out the story and the photos here:
http://philmusic.com/main/content/view/146/7/

Check out the PhilMusic Facebook Page! "Like" us now!

http://facebook.com/philmusic.dotcom

Offline schnitzerz4

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2007, 06:18:58 PM »
mga idols =)

Offline tronixx42

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2007, 01:27:35 AM »
saludo ko sanyo sir!!

Offline Allan Roy

« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2007, 08:12:56 AM »
Let us not also forget to give tribute to   Dodie Gonzalez, the manager of Juan Dela Cruz Band  , who was intsrumental in forming the super group Juan Dela Cruz Band and  pushed and  supported  the Band to do original pilipino rock songs.... unheard of in the early 70s...............

Offline khaffalmhoukz

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2007, 10:49:23 AM »
It's about time... They deserve the award... Congrats to them...

Offline Allan Roy

« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2007, 06:46:59 AM »
Howlin Dave in his Pinoy Rock show in 105.9 FM on sunday 12 NN to 3 PM  will pay tribute to JDLC. He will play songs of the  Band   from the albums Up in Arms , Himig Natin, Super Sessions Maskara and  Kahit Na Anong Mangyari....He will also play  rare songs from the first band of Pepe Smith and Mike Hanopol, Speed, Glue and Shinky.....

dref40cc

« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2007, 05:32:37 PM »
"for those about to rock we salute you"

Offline peekingsun91

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2007, 06:28:53 PM »
It's about time!!!  Well deserved!