hulika

Author Topic: New Release By Salif Keita  (Read 2191 times)

Offline Allyssa

• Philmusicus Noobitus
New Release By Salif Keita
« on: July 20, 2006, 04:22:41 AM »
Not sure if anyone is a fan in here, by in case you missed it, Salif Keita recently put out a new record that has been generating a lot of press. Billboard called it "… one of the top world music releases of 2006" and the New York Times said “..Keita’s voice leaps out of every song with tender urgency…”. There is some music on this site (http://www.giantstep.net/releases/1026).  I believe he is touring as well. Good to see a world artist making some headway against the Chili Peppers and Idol contestants of the world.

Offline jazzbo

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2006, 05:24:52 PM »
Hmmm, jazz spam. This is a first....

Offline pallas

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2006, 01:06:58 PM »
It aint spam, its a heads up for a new release. Thanks and will check it out 8)
O Rose, Thou art sick! The invisible worm that flies in the night, In the howling storm, Has found out thy bed of crimson joy: and his dark secret love, Does thy life destroy.   

William Blake, The Sick Rose

Offline pinoymusika

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2006, 08:36:52 AM »
Universal Music has been using some sort of spam program (quite a number of these available) seeding music message forums about new releases. I'm sure you've seen them around. Newbie pops up, posts the message, then exits stage left.

Apart from message forums, they also create MySpace accounts and YouTube clips. All part of some pa-hip "viral marketing campaigns". I guess its inevitable, but I wonder if I should carry these "ads" for free if they're posted on my system. Hmmm.

Offline Allyssa

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2006, 04:33:33 AM »
I hate spam just as much as the next guy... Just thought I'd give yall a head up. It's good stuff! :D