hulika

Author Topic: METALLICA's new album, "DEATH MAGNETIC" out now.  (Read 30080 times)

Offline thr3ten

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: METALLICA's new album, "DEATH MAGNETIC" out now.
« Reply #50 on: September 10, 2008, 05:45:17 AM »
yun! may kasama pala ko na die hard 'tallica fan na di na typan ang new album.

after giving it a shot a full 2 hours of my eardrums, finally they gut busted.  A metallica fan here but I'm afraid Id say tatlo na tayo dito with mixed feelings towards met's bnew offering.  anyways, id still grab me a copy in support of the almighty ulrich  :-D
Pulling Teeth!

Offline ryan_embryo

• Netizen Level
« Reply #51 on: September 10, 2008, 01:19:11 PM »
dude, like u i had doubts on the first listen pero ngaun im lovin' the whole 75 minutes, trust me it's epic...we really cant expect metallica to be playing as fast as they were back in their 20's, the guys are now in their mid 40s' but to me they still kick the assess of some new bands today when it comes to making thrash classics kahit di na singbilis ng dati..

but if u listen to the new songs like ALL NIGHTMARE LONG, JUDAS KISS and MY APOCALYPSE, they still got that raw power to dish out awesome songs, itong 3 to trust me in time magiging fav sa mga live performances, ung boses ni james iba na nga pero to me bagay na bgay dito sa album nato, it gels well with the heavy sound of the guitars, bass and drums...hehehe, give it a few more listens and i think you might get to like it too..hehe
the best pa rin sila pero bakit hindi na sila makagawa ng songs na may kakaibang riffs na tatatak sa isip mo na gusto mo laging pakinggan.ive heard megadeths album and still metal-on parin si mustaine.sana buhayin nila speed and trash metal para mas ok.this album contains good songs pero unlike the black album,kill em all etc...hindi ko sya kayang pakinggan ng straight hanggang sa last song.their heavy but hindi ako ma-lss sa mga new songs nila.salamat sir :-D

Offline smutdrummer

• Veteran Member
« Reply #52 on: September 11, 2008, 01:25:02 AM »
sabi nga ni robhalford sa interview niya (judaspriest frontman)

"We don't replicate ourselves. If you want 'British Steel', go and play it; if you want 'Painkiller', go and play it. We don't want to keep making the same thing over and over again, with a different song title and different words. What's the point?

i think this goes to other artist aswell :)

megadeth rules metallica hehehe

Offline thr3ten

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #53 on: September 11, 2008, 05:55:37 AM »
megadeth rules metallica hehehe

for almost 25 years megadeth maintained its relentless bone crunching razor sharp sound.  for sticking it out (faithful to mustaine's vision) when others either submit themselves to the industry's ever changing demand or walk away,  megadeth is the master of the universe  :wink:
Pulling Teeth!

Offline Deadwing

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #54 on: September 11, 2008, 07:00:31 AM »
Medyo nagmintis sa aking ang Megadeth noong nilabas nila yung Cryptic Writings.  Ang nagustuhan ko lang na kanta sa plakang yun, yung unang single lang--Almost Honest.  Di ko natipuhan yung ibang mga kanta doon.

Offline smutdrummer

• Veteran Member
« Reply #55 on: September 11, 2008, 08:25:17 AM »
di mo type yung SHEWOLF? bangis nun! lalo na yung extended solo version.
yung Risk album ang mejo sablay.

MegaDETH MAgnetic na ata itong thread na ito hehehe

Offline qroon

• Tanod
  • Prime Moderator
« Reply #56 on: September 11, 2008, 08:28:28 AM »
And hanggang ngayon, masama pa rin ang loob ni Dave Mustaine sa pagkakasipa sa kanya sa Metallica. :) Pero with 20 million albums sold, redeemed na nya sarili nya.

Semper Erectus
Spur | Helical | Bevel | Hypoid | Crown | Epicyclic

Offline thr3ten

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #57 on: September 11, 2008, 08:36:13 AM »
ibalik na natin sa may ari ang topic baka magalit na! haha!
Pulling Teeth!

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #58 on: September 11, 2008, 10:51:08 AM »
Dave Mustaine got kicked out of 'tallica almost 25 years.  Get over it.  I honestly think both Megadeth and Metallica share the same successes and failures.  Only that Megadeth's roster changes more than Dave changes his guitar rig.

Offline AthanVai

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #59 on: September 11, 2008, 02:18:41 PM »
Dave Mustaine got kicked out of 'tallica almost 25 years.  Get over it.

try telling that to Dave Mustaine...  :wink:

...anywho, BTT. i do agree that bands should not make the same record over and over... Metallica neved did, even in their early days. Kill em all, ride the lightning, master of puppets, and justice for all and the black album were all different from each other... here's my point though, all those albums rocked!!!

...im not asking 'em to remake Master of Puppets or the Black album... i just want my mindblowing 'tallica riffs back.  I'm not losing hope... will wait for it again in the next album, whenever that might come out.

Offline CYANIDE BOMB

« Reply #60 on: September 11, 2008, 07:34:54 PM »
Death magnetic is fine compared to st anger at least bob rock is gone.

Offline AthanVai

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #61 on: September 11, 2008, 08:54:07 PM »
I don't get all this Bob Rock hate at all...

Give the guy some credit is all i say, he was integral to the success of the Black Album... with him on board at least we finally got to hear Jason's bass on the album.

Prior to that album, you could hardly hear Jasons work on And Justice For All.

Plus, that bone crunching sound of the guitars on the black album can all be attributed to Bobs place as the producer of that record.

Imagine the opening riff of Sad But True but with the production value of And Justice For All...... very thin i would think.

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #62 on: September 12, 2008, 04:52:29 PM »
I don't get all this Bob Rock hate at all...

Give the guy some credit is all i say, he was integral to the success of the Black Album... with him on board at least we finally got to hear Jason's bass on the album.

Prior to that album, you could hardly hear Jasons work on And Justice For All.

Plus, that bone crunching sound of the guitars on the black album can all be attributed to Bobs place as the producer of that record.

Imagine the opening riff of Sad But True but with the production value of And Justice For All...... very thin i would think.

Bob Rock actually made the turning point for Metallica.  He brought the rawness of Metallica to the level of overproduction and corporate music.  I honestly like the Black album but for me it is NOT the best Met album.  I love Master of Puppets much more.  AJFA was cool but the bass was turned down not because of sonic incapabilities, but because the 2 retards Het and Lars chose to lower the bass track in the mix as part of their "hazing" rites. 

Offline CYANIDE BOMB

« Reply #63 on: September 12, 2008, 06:14:35 PM »
Why is black album always have to be bob rock's only accomplishment as i read through your replies? Is it because u don't like Load,re-load,st anger? Here's my little observation. They hired bob rock and came black album which is a great album, then came in millions of dollars due to the success of black album and bob rock's formula. Metallica sticked to that formula and as they became millionares so thus motivation in being a thrash metal band faded away they don't want to sound
like metallica in  1987 and bob rock became their guide to it. So by that  bob rock  made a key influence with their arrangements and sound by giving his personal taste and perspective to things. Money changed metallica IMO and bob rock was the tool for that change.   

Offline AthanVai

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #64 on: September 12, 2008, 06:23:53 PM »
Money changed metallica IMO and bob rock was the tool for that change.   

That's precisely my point... bob rock was only a tool.  the metallica guys were the ones using the said tool.

he was hired to do a certain job, he did it. did it always work they wanted it to? not always. (i liked Load btw, just saying)

Bob is good at making records that sound really mainstream (polished and "well-produced"), that's what he was hired for.  Before the Black album, James really praised Bobs work in Motley Crues Dr. Feelgood record, he wanted that same tight and focused sound on the next album (guitar wise).

Not at all bobs fault if James and Co. produced mediocre metal songs after Load.

So.... im just saying, Bob doesn't deserve all the hate that he's getting right now. Yun lang po.  :roll:

Offline rhanen28

• Veteran Member
« Reply #65 on: September 12, 2008, 08:20:51 PM »
ill get my copy bukas yehey!!
Be a part of drumnation!
www.drumnation.tk!!

Offline bacolodDYL

« Reply #66 on: September 12, 2008, 08:31:12 PM »
pumunta ako ng SM nitong araw na to pero walang senyales ng Death Magnetic album ng Metallica.. ano ba makakarating pa ba dito yung album nila?? kayo nakabili na ba?? :|

Offline smutdrummer

• Veteran Member
« Reply #67 on: September 12, 2008, 11:08:44 PM »
yup nkabili na.
waiting for the box set na din.

bob rocks the fifth member of tallica and has done good stuff with them.
now rick rubin (SLAYER!!!) on board kaya bigat ng tunog nila ngayun and mas raw and energetic. no more protooled music, and G5 mac clean :)

Offline feeldeeznuts85

• Netizen Level
« Reply #68 on: September 13, 2008, 11:32:35 AM »
san po kau nakabili and how much...gusto ko rin sana nung coffin box pero meron ba nun ititinda sa pinas, alam ko kasi it has to be pre-ordered on metallica's website ryt? meron na ba sa mga malls, i'll try to get my copy then this weekend and crank it up on my car! YEAH! hehehe

Offline panterica

• Board Moderator
« Reply #69 on: September 14, 2008, 07:55:38 AM »
sabi sa website ng metallica, sold out na daw yung coffin box set, hintayin ko na lang yung next batch.
I know you would say that at for the record di mo ako kilala ROOKIEBOY. Tinawag kitang rookie at di lahat, IKAW LANG GET IT. Hanggang dyan ka na lang....puro cheap shots - Pallas

"Good artists copy, great artists steal"

Offline randymarsh

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #70 on: September 14, 2008, 01:34:39 PM »
me kopya na ako  :-D

nuno : n4 2.0 n4esa, n4vintage, n4 silver sparkle, n5, n6, n7, n8esa
etc : yjm, axis, jp6, jpxi, jp12, jp13, lp 58 vos, lp 57 ri, lp standard, lp trad, am strat, am tele deluxe, jem7v, uv777, rg prestige, j custom, deluxe reverb, vai legacy, jcm900, axefx

Offline paperlungs

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #71 on: September 14, 2008, 01:44:26 PM »
ang ang nung "Judas Kiss"...hayop! :-D

Offline bacolodDYL

« Reply #72 on: September 14, 2008, 01:50:51 PM »
me kopya na ako  :-D

:x :x :x san mo nabili na music store?

Offline p2ltronilogd

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #73 on: September 14, 2008, 02:12:13 PM »
san ba meron?

Offline bacolodDYL

« Reply #74 on: September 14, 2008, 02:36:47 PM »
i checked odyssey and sm dept. store last friday pero wala pang death magnetic na album dun