hulika

Author Topic: SLAYER'S NEW ALBUM  (Read 4948 times)

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
SLAYER'S NEW ALBUM
« on: June 15, 2006, 11:27:42 PM »
Slayer's new album, "Christ Illusion" is coming out in August 2006.  Care to comment on the album cover?

To hear the latest song, go to slayer.net and the music in the background is a song in its entirety.

Offline mon116ph

• Veteran Member
EERIE ARTWORK
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2006, 09:46:56 AM »
I dont know pero weird...

Parang "Pinoy Jesus Christ"..

Pango..pandak and disabled..

Pinoy kaya ang inspiration ng nag drawing nyan?

Pero definitely that would be an EVIL album...

Best to play infront of your PARISH PRIEST and other  CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP CHURCH..

Ano sa tingin nyo?

Offline pallas

• Philmusicus Addictus
SLAYER'S NEW ALBUM
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2006, 10:30:02 AM »
hmmm nothing left for the mind to decipher coz its all there. The jihad, the 666, mother teresa and the wrong-eyed jesus submerged on the beach of blood. Washington and San francisco in ruins, troops of death parachuting on us all. Reminds me of Francic Bacon on prosac and a bottle of rum :D
O Rose, Thou art sick! The invisible worm that flies in the night, In the howling storm, Has found out thy bed of crimson joy: and his dark secret love, Does thy life destroy.   

William Blake, The Sick Rose

Offline meashuggahr

• Veteran Member
SLAYER'S NEW ALBUM
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2006, 09:54:37 AM »
it seem too look brutal, evil, dark.....

but where is the "Jesus" :idea:

are these the comix of the dark side? perhaps the real ones are on stealth mode:)

Offline pallas

• Philmusicus Addictus
SLAYER'S NEW ALBUM
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2006, 03:36:18 PM »
Quote from: meashuggahr

are these the comix of the dark side? perhaps the real ones are on stealth mode:)

the triclops with the crown of thorns.....wrong-eyed jesus or anyway you wanna call it :D
O Rose, Thou art sick! The invisible worm that flies in the night, In the howling storm, Has found out thy bed of crimson joy: and his dark secret love, Does thy life destroy.   

Offline meashuggahr

• Veteran Member
SLAYER'S NEW ALBUM
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2006, 06:46:57 PM »
Quote from: pallas
Quote from: meashuggahr

the triclops with the crown of thorns.....wrong-eyed jesus or anyway you wanna call it :D

hmmm...the newly shaved triclops with the crown of thorns? or maybe cage diguised as the triclops with the crown of thorns.  :D

slayer's music good though:)

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
SLAYER'S NEW ALBUM
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2006, 01:30:37 AM »
Diabolus In Musica's cover scared me much more...

Offline waybine

• Veteran Member
SLAYER'S NEW ALBUM
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2006, 01:48:53 AM »
Parental Advisory: Explicit Contents!
WayneQB
deadly in black

Offline judithp_shredder

• Forum Fanatic
SLAYER'S NEW ALBUM
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2006, 03:42:55 PM »
aabangan ko toh!!
BEAT AND RIFF Music studio / Production, check us out!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/BEATnRIFF-Music-Studio-Production/189363594433588?id=189363594433588&sk=photos_stream Band: PENTASPIRAL / DAYSEED google us for free demo. \m/

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
SLAYER'S NEW ALBUM
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2006, 11:13:34 AM »
Quote from: waybine
Parental Advisory: Explicit Contents!

As if your parents would allow. ;)

PS Dati napabili ako ng Slayer - Divine Intervention sa nanay ko nung 3rd year HS sa Singapore.  Banned daw sabi niya.  Kaya nauwi ako sa Obituary.  OK kay nanay, pero nag-freak out kaopisina niyang kasama bumili... :D

Offline pallas

• Philmusicus Addictus
SLAYER'S NEW ALBUM
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2006, 10:57:44 PM »
Quote from: skunkyfunk
Diabolus In Musica's cover scared me much more...

how do you rate reign in blood?

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
SLAYER'S NEW ALBUM
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2006, 04:18:54 AM »
Hey how's the new album?

Offline r3c_214

SLAYER'S NEW ALBUM
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2006, 11:47:45 AM »
astig got one already!! buy it na..
nag karoon pa nga ata ng slayer night sa mayrics eh!!!

Offline TheEdge

• Forum Fanatic
SLAYER'S NEW ALBUM
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2006, 05:45:41 PM »
meron na rin ako okay na okay siya, ito ang hinihintay ko yung dating bagsak ng slayer the best to :)
You won't get what you expect, You get what you deserve

Offline nixxx

SLAYER'S NEW ALBUM
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2006, 09:48:04 AM »
pinapanindgan na nila ang pgi2ng satanista nila
:D

Offline TheEdge

• Forum Fanatic
SLAYER'S NEW ALBUM
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2006, 04:56:17 PM »
Quote from: nixxx
pinapanindgan na nila ang pgi2ng satanista nila
:D

dude be open minded
You won't get what you expect, You get what you deserve

Offline Mustspit

• Veteran Member
SLAYER'S NEW ALBUM
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2006, 04:57:58 PM »
"i've made my choice, 666!!!"  :twisted:  8)
It's been 2 hours and 6 days, since you made my world a cold place, with nothing to see, and nothing to hear, i walk alone with a hope inside me, and this world refused to guide me, with nothing to feel and this wounds won't heal...

Offline Santo Muerte

• Philmusicus Addictus
SLAYER'S NEW ALBUM
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2006, 12:06:46 AM »
Available na ba locally ito?

Offline Markujo

• Philmusicus Noobitus
SLAYER'S NEW ALBUM
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2006, 09:45:53 PM »
REIGN IN BLOOD? CLASSIC!!!!
It goes on and on and on....its heaven and hell!!

Offline CYANIDE BOMB

Re: SLAYER'S NEW ALBUM
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2006, 10:03:44 PM »

Still very slayer!!!!!!!!!!

i like bostaph's drumming though but hey they still got it all these years if only rick rubin produced it that would be the real reunion hehehe

Offline Santo Muerte

• Philmusicus Addictus
SLAYER - Christ Illusion
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2007, 03:35:04 AM »
Ok so I've finished listening to the album several times & here's my own review:

I've had great expectations for this album, primarily because it marks the return of original skinsman, drum god Dave Lombardo, back to their ranks since 1990's "Seasons In The Abyss".

First track "Flesh Storm" sets things off with the band's trademark buzzsaw riffing speedfest, with vocalist/bassist Tom Araya barking lyrics about the horrors of war(w/c btw, is a favorite Slayer song topic). My only complaint about this song is that whatever ferocity & momentum the song has managed to build up is broken by the half-time chorus. Second track "Catalyst" is also another speedfest & I like the way how the lyrics are phrased. The album is balanced by slower tracks such as "Eyes Of The Insane", "Skeleton Christ", "Black Serenade" & "Cult" but the album's  highlight is "Jihad", a song written about the 9/11 attack in the terrorists' perspective. It opens with a clean Middle-Eastern sounding riff before going to a heavier chromatic-sounding one which sounds similar to "Spill The Blood" from their "South Of Heaven" LP, then kicks into full-on thrash mode. The aggression & viciousness of the song is only matched by it's scathing lyrics(Imagine what Araya, who admits being a devout Christian, is thinking while singing "F*ck your God erase his name. A lady weeps insane with sorrow. I'll take his towers from the world. You're f*cking raped upon your deathbed."). The album closes with "Supremist", which showcases probably the first time Slayer has done a blastbeat in their songs.

These are what I've observed so far: The song intros are shorter than usual.  On Slayer's older stuff they'd usually play the primary riffs that make up most of the song before the verses kick in. The majority of the songs including the fast ones go straight to the point & hammers it home with the force of a wrecking ball. Also, most of the songs were written by guitarist Kerry King so it has a more anti-religous theme compared to their previous records. The return of Dave Lombardo also had a very significant impact on this record, as he delivers one of his best & most aggressive performances to date.

Christ Illusion may have not surpassed Seasons In The Abyss or the godly Reing In Blood, but it may arguably be the angriest & most hateful record Slayer has ever released.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2007, 02:16:37 AM by Santo Muerte »