hulika

Author Topic: Alkaline Water: What are your thoughts..?  (Read 15755 times)

Offline matanglawin

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Alkaline Water: What are your thoughts..?
« Reply #50 on: June 12, 2011, 02:26:51 PM »
EE graduate na nga ayaw pa. I lifted up your spirit, mr undergraduate. :)

I don;t credit myself for things I haven't accomplished.  You didn't "uplift" my spirit at all.  But please do stop making excuses for your mistakes.

Wala pa ba akong nadidisprove? Diba sinabi mo kanina.. Kidneys lang ang regulator ng pH at hindi kasama ang lungs? Na in-your-face ka nga sa link na pinakita ko sayo eh. :))

Hindi nga kasama ang lungs. Lungs filter the air, and though it can affect pH, it does so INDIRECTLY by oxygenating the blood, unlike how kidneys do it.

Sir, wala ka pang naipapakita sa aking proof na nagfifilter ng air ang lungs. Search it up and pop up a link here. If you can't, then go study.

Why would I need to show you proof?  It's but common sense that the lungs have mucus and that filters the air.

FACTS? What facts? That the lungs is not a part of pH regulation? That the lungs FILTER air?

READ.

So now.. Ako ang may poor grasp ng filtration? So you mean.. Sa pinakita mong site, may nakita ka bang filtration or what dun? Phagocytosis nga lang yung nandun eh.

That is a filtration METHOD, much like activated carbon absorbs molecules.

I am not saving myself by making you less knowledgeable... Because you really are less knowledgeable than me anyway.

Sure.  I'm less knowledgeable.  How does electrolysis purify water now?

It seems that it takes you long before you can respond to me. Is that because.. You are reading your notes, mr. undergraduate?

No.  I do have a life outside PM, and since I'm freelance, I have work even on Sundays.  Unlike you.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 03:23:57 PM by matanglawin »
X2M Coffee Moment: Did want You

New Manila Sound

Offline freedom04

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #51 on: June 12, 2011, 03:00:52 PM »
When did I even claim that electrolysis can make water alkaline??? It is you who's not paying attention.

Phagocytosis... When did it became a filtration method? Phagocytosis - macrophages engulf organisms, they do not FILTER organisms. Filtration, by definition, means that something must pass through something so it could be cleansed. Maybe you are talking about something else?

The lungs do not filter air. You want me to give you a solid proof? I'll photograph it for you. And if I show you my proof, then you should bow down to me. :))
RN. MD. General Surgeon. Bassist. Audiophile.
2 Elegee Custom 5-string Bass. 1979 Ibanez Musician Bass. Mono Vertigo.

Offline matanglawin

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #52 on: June 12, 2011, 03:22:54 PM »
When did I even claim that electrolysis can make water alkaline??? It is you who's not paying attention.

Pardon, I meant to ask, how does electrolysis purify water?  I didn't assume nor think you said it.  But I had a momentary lapse because that's what alkaline water proponents claim to PURIFY water.

Phagocytosis... When did it became a filtration method? Phagocytosis - macrophages engulf organisms, they do not FILTER organisms. Filtration, by definition, means that something must pass through something so it could be cleansed. Maybe you are talking about something else?

No.  The macrophages engulfing impurities in the air that makes it to the lungs is a form of filtration, much like how activated carbon does it for water and air.  To wit, the entire respiratory system is a FILTER.

The lungs do not filter air. You want me to give you a solid proof? I'll photograph it for you. And if I show you my proof, then you should bow down to me. :))

You'll photograph your lungs?

Go ahead.

New Manila Sound

Offline freedom04

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #53 on: June 12, 2011, 03:51:54 PM »
Pardon, I meant to ask, how does electrolysis purify water?  I didn't assume nor think you said it.  But I had a momentary lapse because that's what alkaline water proponents claim to PURIFY water.

No.  The macrophages engulfing impurities in the air that makes it to the lungs is a form of filtration, much like how activated carbon does it for water and air.  To wit, the entire respiratory system is a FILTER.

You'll photograph your lungs?

Go ahead.

Oh well. Electrolysis doesn't, but it is a prerequisite for some other procedures that will be done. Distillation can never purify water. Filtration can never purify water. Electrolysis is capable of separating elements. You can separate all the elements from water if you do it. Meaning, when you remove all of the other elements in water, only then you can get a pure water. Kaya nga mahal ang pure and sterile water kasi hindi lang dumadaan yun sa filtration.

No, I will photograph a book and show you what it states.

Again, phagocytosis is not filtration. If you would keep on saying that, then it would mean that osmosis, diffusion, active and passive transport are all forms of filtration. You might view it as a filter but it is not a filter. May dalawang parts ang respiratory system, the upper and lower. The upper of mainly responsible for filtration and the lower mainly for gas exchange.

I can't blame you if you see it as a filter. You didn't graduate anyway so I understand.

Offline freedom04

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #54 on: June 12, 2011, 03:55:44 PM »
http://www.thoracic.org/clinical/copd-guidelines/for-patients/anatomy-and-function-of-the-normal-lung.php

Read that. The nose (upper respiratory) is a filter. Not the lungs. No book nor any article had ever stated that the lungs is a filter.

Offline matanglawin

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #55 on: June 12, 2011, 06:26:17 PM »
Oh well. Electrolysis doesn't, but it is a prerequisite for some other procedures that will be done.

Distillation can never purify water. Filtration can never purify water.

Really?The process of water purification involves BOTH filtration and purification.  When I said Distillation can purify water, I'm talking about water that already has undergone filtration.

But to humor you, one NGC show called "Mad Labs" actually demonstrated that one can distill the water out of urine and drink it.  Urine has PLENTY of impurities.

Electrolysis is capable of separating elements. You can separate all the elements from water if you do it.

Understand this, again, for the nth time, electrolysis separates water into its hydrogen and oxygen components.  In order for water to be "electrolysis-capable,"  they have to add impurities to induce ionization and thus allow the elements to separate as gas.  You end up with TWO gas components of H2O.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Separate-Hydrogen-and-Oxygen-from-Water-Through-El/

Let's say that not all of of the water was split into its gas components, the water left in the process will still have the impurities introduced.  No impurities, no electrolysis.

Get it?

Meaning, when you remove all of the other elements in water, only then you can get a pure water. Kaya nga mahal ang pure and sterile water kasi hindi lang dumadaan yun sa filtration.

Kulit.  I'm going to agree that the reason why "pure water" is expensive is because of the process it undergoes.  Distillation does that, NOT electrolysis.

No, I will photograph a book and show you what it states.

Again, phagocytosis is not filtration. If you would keep on saying that, then it would mean that osmosis, diffusion, active and passive transport are all forms of filtration. You might view it as a filter but it is not a filter. May dalawang parts ang respiratory system, the upper and lower. The upper of mainly responsible for filtration and the lower mainly for gas exchange.

Again, your medical knowledge aside, I'm making a COMPARATIVE.  You do understand what a comparative is, right?

I can't blame you if you see it as a filter. You didn't graduate anyway so I understand.

Awww.  I didn't graduate, yet, I know more than you do. 

New Manila Sound

Offline freedom04

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #56 on: June 12, 2011, 06:30:57 PM »
Yes. Split water, you get HYDROGEN and OXYGEN alone. Then you combine them, you get 100% pure water. BAM!

Offline matanglawin

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #57 on: June 12, 2011, 06:56:52 PM »
Yes. Split water, you get HYDROGEN and OXYGEN alone. Then you combine them, you get 100% pure water. BAM!

BAM!  It's now clear you don't understand this process or how these two gases combine to make water.  Though it's "rather easy" to separate water, recombining the gases for "make" water IS NOT, and that is why it is not a commercial process.  Obtaining water this way (for the sake of getting "pure" water) is also the LEAST EFFICIENT, as well as dangerous, and cannot be done at home (unless of course, you want to blow yourself up). 

Distillation is still the most efficient way of purifying water and it can be done at home.

New Manila Sound