hulika

Author Topic: Living with less, but only with the best. a lifestyle choice..  (Read 18563 times)

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: "Minimalist" lifestyle..living with less, but only with the best.
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2013, 09:48:27 AM »
gandy, how 'bout with gurls?  :-P

HAHAHAHAHAH...

hmmmm tricky question!!

siguro same with our gear..pag teenager pa..the more the merrier..cheap and affordable..pero as we grow old and mature..masarap din na quality women..for keeps...

Question: in applying the minimalist approach on things, di ba parang mas magastos sya kasi im buying items of the best quality - which also equates to a larger sum of money.

parang Firemodel55 - lets admit the versatility of the guitar is great.at wala pa sa kwentahan yung top of the line hardware na sinalpak.true, it may be able to replace all the guitars one may have in his rack, pero the damage in the wallet is also huge.

oo nga iniisip ko din to..depende din kasi kung gaano ka minimalist driven yung tao..or gaano ka secure sa sarili at sa needs and wants niya..

may iba kasi na flashy at kailangang magproject ng success image..na kailangan nilang tadtarin sarili nila at surroundings nila ng expensive things..

a true minimalist would say..buy 1 pair of really really good italian hand made shoes with non dated "styles"..and would use it hanggang masira..tapos papaayos pa niya yun after..

eto..actually may trip akong relo for the longest time..kasi actually "luxury goods" na ang bracket niya..hahaha
and medyo waaay off sa budget...na pwede ilaan sa mas ok na mga bagay or experiences..

yung omega speedmaster..yung watch ng NASA sa apollo lunar landing mission...hahahaha..iniisip ko pagka ganito na ako..pwede ko na benta lahat ng relo ko..ito nalang hanggang sa maipasa ko sa next generation as heirloom..

« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 09:58:01 AM by gandydancer123 »
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *
PEDALS & ACCESSORIES FOR SALE
PM: http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=283433.0      FB: https://www.facebook.com/RcMusicEmporium

Offline prince22

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2013, 10:12:43 AM »
I think you have the wrong idea about a minimalist lifestyle. It's not having the best of one thing but it's having only what you NEED.

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2013, 10:18:54 AM »
I think you have the wrong idea about a minimalist lifestyle. It's not having the best of one thing but it's having only what you NEED.

yeah tama ito ...NEEDS with a slight  touch of class...of course choosing the best of what you can afford..
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *
PM: http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=283433.0      FB: https://www.facebook.com/RcMusicEmporium

Offline prince22

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2013, 10:27:10 AM »

yeah tama ito ...NEEDS with a slight  touch of class...of course choosing the best of what you can afford..

In the truest sense of being minimalistic that's not even true, of course I'm describing the most literal definition of being a minimalist.
Say for example, you have the money to buy a real 59 Goldtop or a real 57 or 62 Strat or whatever gives you a guitar boner, you do not buy that. You only buy a guitar that suits your needs even if it's a lowly Squier or Epiphone. That is minimalism in the most basic definition. You have a billion dollars, but you only need a phone to call or send texts then by all means if a 3310 can do that for you, you stick with a 3310.

Offline kimhags

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2013, 10:29:11 AM »
I also want to get into this kind of lifestyle. spend big but will last with me for a long time. since I'm going to start on my first job, I'm planning on saving most of my salary and spend only on the things I need and konting wants.  :-D

for my musical gear, I only want to buy 2 guitars and that's it. 1 acoustic, 1 electric, 1 amp. sabi nga ni Pete (freemansj) "GO FOR BROKE".  :-D but it will be the kind of gear that will last with me for a long time. yes, GAS will be hard to resist pero ang gagawin ko I will by my ultimate GAS (yes, this is possible for me).

as for clothes, hindi ako masyado bumibili kasi inaalagaan ko naman mga damit ko so it lasts with me for a long time. siguro mga twice a year lang ako bumibili ng mga damit.

mahihirapan lang siguro ako sa shoes kasi I'm a big sneaker head.  :lol: kung may makita ako'ng magandang sapatos, bibilhin ko kaagad.  :-D

siguro I just need to control. I'm the type of guy though who focuses more on the needs than the wants.

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2013, 11:15:20 AM »
Why i dont sell most of the stuff i acquire...

@Marzi,

nice topic..

ako naman,

same din tulad ng diskarte ninyo dati...and I came from a household na medyo "hoarder"..and really got fed up with a very clutered environment...kaya  now (well, I started when I stared living independently, Ive decided to change my lifestyle..I too like giving away stuff..gear..pero I think its great to "earn off" a bit from selling my old stuff...parang personal garage sale to minimize clutter...

With new and great stuff coming out sa mundo ng gear..parang sarap di itry..at experience..kaya now Im really looking forward to disposing all my old ,unused gear for newer nicer things..  out with the old in with the new..sabi nga nila..

Im just a bit sentimental since..Id be erasing mementoes of my youth..which I hold so dearly for some cash..hahaha..
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *

Offline marzi

• Ang Na Ang Na!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2013, 11:26:14 AM »

sorry if i got this wrong.its just the posts here are all leaning towards that "one thing to rule them all" idea.pero most of them are naming pricey brands

so ok, my understanding now is to make do with what little thing you have.in other words,a swiss army knife kind of thing.

kind of OT: my lady once asked me what i would like to have for christmas. i told her nothing but she insisted to buy or give me something.kesyo cleared ang mga credit cards nya etc etc.so i grabbed her,took her to an ORIS store and told her to ask the clerks for the cheapest watch they could offer.i also told her its the only thing i need at that time and i wouldnt ask for anything more. i waited outside for 5 mins then she came out and nearly slapped me while saying "bwisit ka!45 thousand na pinakamura don!" :))
°
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 11:34:28 AM by marzi »
I turned myself into a monster to fight against the monsters of the world.

Earth Crisis - Nemesis

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2013, 11:34:19 AM »
actually yung concept ay parang...

sa experience ko..

nagacquire ako ng mga sangkatutak na behringer, joyo, mooer na delay pedals ..

pero sana sa umpisa palang binili ko na yung strymon TIMELINE..

parang ganito gusto ko baguhin sa lifestyle approach...

*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *

Offline appleseed

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2013, 11:37:26 AM »
@marzi

:lol:

@ganydy

ang minimalist eh yung zoom G3 na lang ang gamit mo.  :wave:

Offline prince22

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2013, 11:46:48 AM »
sorry if i got this wrong.its just the posts here are all leaning towards that "one thing to rule them all" idea.pero most of them are naming pricey brands

so ok, my understanding now is to make do with what little thing you have.in other words,a swiss army knife kind of thing.

kind of OT: my lady once asked me what i would like to have for christmas. i told her nothing but she insisted to buy or give me something.kesyo cleared ang mga credit cards nya etc etc.so i grabbed her,took her to an ORIS store and told her to ask the clerks for the cheapest watch they could offer.i also told her its the only thing i need at that time and i wouldnt ask for anything more. i waited outside for 5 mins then she came out and nearly slapped me while saying "bwisit ka!45 thousand na pinakamura don!" :))
°

Hey buddy I was actually pertaining to Gandy but if you thought of that as well then that's fine. I was just trying to define minimalism in its purest form. You can still be a minimalist even if you buy a Gibson or a Ferrari if in your mind that's the only thing that can suit and cater to all your needs, parang ang nangyari kasi is ang sinasabi nila dito get one of the best. Pero if we're going to be strict, as long as it suits your needs even if it's not the best as long as it serves its purpose and it gets the job done then you're all set.

Basically in a nutshell it's getting what you need and not what you want. Parang buhay McGyver.

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2013, 11:48:55 AM »
@marzi

:lol:

@ganydy

ang minimalist eh yung zoom G3 na lang ang gamit mo.  :wave:

hahaha oo nga eh..as minimal as possible..siguro wag naman yung extreme "I will live in a smal log cabin shed completely detached from society" type of minamilism..hahahaha

tamang "less clutter, less junk"...good,quality items lang gagamitin sa pangarawaraw....pag di na ginagamit benta na or..pamigay..
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2013, 11:53:53 AM »
para bang mga kids na nagtatanong kung ok ba bilhin yung china copy na ibanez..na may 10k lang na budget....mas advisable na..mag extra effort nalang siya a bit more to save pa ng konti to get a decent japanese guitar..na in the long run mas magprove na better quality, better feel..better parts...kesa sa mga cheapo, generic backyard shandong OEM guitar..
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *

Offline prince22

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2013, 11:54:05 AM »
hahaha oo nga eh..as minimal as possible..siguro wag naman yung extreme "I will live in a smal log cabin shed completely detached from society" type of minamilism..hahahaha

tamang "less clutter, less junk"...good,quality items lang gagamitin sa pangarawaraw....pag di na ginagamit benta na or..pamigay..

I think more on the "less is more" and "quality not quantity" ideals yung gusto mo rather than minimalism. Since ang minimalism is bare necessities type of deal. Pero whatever floats your boat man. Just wanted to clear this up.

Offline MayhemKid

• Veteran Member
« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2013, 01:35:03 PM »
this has been one of my hardest struggle, living minimalist. sa panahon kasi ngayon ang daming temptations everywhere. parang sa panahon kasi ngayon you'll jump into bandwagon lalo kapag may bagong labas na technology (cellphones,computers etc.) nakikita ko kasi if you feed that desire you'll never feel content and you'll always look for more.

Siguro for me living minimalist will take a lot of maturity.

Offline appleseed

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2013, 01:46:36 PM »

I think more on the "less is more" and "quality not quantity" ideals yung gusto mo rather than minimalism. Since ang minimalism is bare necessities type of deal. Pero whatever floats your boat man. Just wanted to clear this up.

dito samin madaming minimalist. yung sa squatters. di na nila need ng toilet bowl rekta sa ilog. tapos may sarili silang poso. naka-jumper yung iba yung iba naka-kandila lang at least kita nila. mas tipid magbayad ng kuryente kandila at katol lang pwede na. leisure time? kesa gumastos sa panonood ng tv magtsismisan na lang para ka ng nanonood ng face to face.

Offline dharzfreeman

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2013, 02:05:06 PM »
Ha ha yun squatter nga ang minimalist.. kasi yun sampung anak pinagkakasya sa isang kuwarto  :-D

Di na kelangan ng toilet, upo lang sa kanal ok na  :-D
PHILMUSIC EQUALIZER

Offline prince22

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2013, 02:23:12 PM »

dito samin madaming minimalist. yung sa squatters. di na nila need ng toilet bowl rekta sa ilog. tapos may sarili silang poso. naka-jumper yung iba yung iba naka-kandila lang at least kita nila. mas tipid magbayad ng kuryente kandila at katol lang pwede na. leisure time? kesa gumastos sa panonood ng tv magtsismisan na lang para ka ng nanonood ng face to face.

Actually mas maluho pa nga yung mga iyan eh. They live well beyond their means kaya walang ipon, walang investment, walang future. Hindi sila minimalist in a sense but yun na yung best na naaafford nila. Kabaliktaran ng minimalist na kahit kaya nya makaafford ng mas mahal, mas maganda, mas madaming features eh dun siya sa simple at walang cheche bureche na di niya kailangan. Sila kailangan nila lahat yan para mabuhay.

Offline appleseed

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #42 on: May 07, 2013, 02:28:37 PM »
@prince22

can you give me a real person example of a minimalist?

Offline prince22

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #43 on: May 07, 2013, 02:34:12 PM »
@prince22

can you give me a real person example of a minimalist?

I just did a few posts ago. In a reply to Gandy's post.

A more concrete example would be:
Someone with the purchasing power of firemodel55 but is a minimalist and does not indulge himself in boutique gear because he knows that a simple run of the mill standard line guitar would suffice his bedroom jamming needs. Let's say for example you have the money to buy a top of the line sports car, you only need a car with A/C, A/T and the basic functions. You won't get something that goes 200 miles per hour that costs 500,000 $ even if you could afford a dozen of them because you don't need it.

Offline jannten

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Living with less, but only with the best. a lifestyle choice..
« Reply #44 on: May 07, 2013, 08:55:46 PM »
pang minimalist ba ung guitar ni guthrie govan? hehe. or lahat lang talaga kaya nya gawin sa guitar? hehe

sakin naman sa damit bihira din ako bumili pero dapat polo shirt lage bibilin para all around.
sa shoes 3 lang meron ako.. black/leather shoes(mura lang), isang black sneakers para mejo all around din. at isang sanuk pang summer/dry season
ung relo ko seiko naman. pamana pa ng father ko. tagal masira. :D

sa guitar binenta ko ung korean Epiphone SG ko to give way sa SX Tele. hehe. un lang need ko eh. upgrade ko nalang. pati in the future balak ko magpacustom nalang sa mga luthier dito sa pinas.  kaya dun ko nalang ililipat ung mga parts na mabibili ko. sa effects distortion at fuzz lang naman fave kong sounds.

sa gadgets. parang importante meron kang laptop or desktop sa bahay. then isang Tabler/ipadmini for presentations sa work or school.
at cellphone na hindi mabilis malowbat! eto talaga issue kaya ayoko ng touchscreen phones eh. bilis ng batt life. hehe

Offline marzi

• Ang Na Ang Na!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #45 on: May 07, 2013, 09:54:45 PM »
Hey buddy I was actually pertaining to Gandy but if you thought of that as well then that's fine. I was just trying to define minimalism in its purest form. You can still be a minimalist even if you buy a Gibson or a Ferrari if in your mind that's the only thing that can suit and cater to all your needs, parang ang nangyari kasi is ang sinasabi nila dito get one of the best. Pero if we're going to be strict, as long as it suits your needs even if it's not the best as long as it serves its purpose and it gets the job done then you're all set.

Basically in a nutshell it's getting what you need and not what you want. Parang buhay McGyver.

eksakli, a swiss army knife. shooting ducks with a shotgun. one item, many uses.

its gonna be a hard task trying to become a minimalist i think.kasi in your search for items that would meet your requirements,medyo mahaba-habang selection process yun..

so eto, i found a minimalist phone..bowteek item, yes..minimalist? you be the judge...

http://johnsphones.org/
I turned myself into a monster to fight against the monsters of the world.

Earth Crisis - Nemesis

Offline brighteyesbayside

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #46 on: May 07, 2013, 11:50:07 PM »
"the best" is always fleeting, nothing will ever be the best as long as the human mind compares and decides.

Better to live for the "good enough", with regards to materials and lifestyle choices

made an excel program to find the keys to a scale, and where to find them in a guitar's fretboard. http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=264555.0

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #47 on: May 08, 2013, 04:47:31 PM »
Na-post ko na to dun sa mimimalist thread ni Gandy.

May separation anxiety kami ni misis sa mga gamit namin.

Kaya puro tambak kami ngayon. Shoes, clothes, toys and whatnots. Hoarder? Di pa naman. Pero there was a time na may toy na naka-seal for collection purposes, may naka-display in vehicle and robot mode (transformers) and merong nilalaro. So for a bumblebee robot, 4 identical items, he he he. Iba pa yung Japan variant LOL!

Pero over the years, and nakita naming nagiging ganun din ugali ng panganay namin, tinigilan na namin. Ngayon eh we are trying hard to let go of some of our stuff.

So, meron ba sa inyong gustong maki-sosyo to start a storage business?

uy! iniisip ko to dati pa!
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *

Offline qroon

• Tanod
  • Prime Moderator
« Reply #48 on: May 09, 2013, 01:29:19 AM »
Uy Gandy. Sa AGT ko yan posted ah. Nahahalata tuloy na may second account ka  :lol:

Semper Erectus
Spur | Helical | Bevel | Hypoid | Crown | Epicyclic

Offline prince22

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #49 on: May 09, 2013, 01:58:53 AM »
Uy Gandy. Sa AGT ko yan posted ah. Nahahalata tuloy na may second account ka  :lol:

DANDANDAN HAHAHAHA