hulika

Author Topic: anything about the Beatles ...  (Read 358172 times)

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: anything about the Beatles ...
« Reply #50 on: May 11, 2009, 04:00:58 AM »

Beatles wives

John- Cynthia Powell, Yoko Ono
Paul- Linda Eastman, Heatfier Mills
george- Patty Boyd,Olivia Arias
Ringo- Maureen Cox, Barbarra Bach

:-)

Offline ninejuicyjulius

• Banned from AGT
« Reply #51 on: May 11, 2009, 02:55:43 PM »
Nabasa ko somewhere out there, 'yung kwento sa love triangle nina Clapton-Patty-Harrison. Parang pinapili ni George si Patty, tapos in the end sumama kay Clapton si Patty. Tapos one night, hinamon ni George si Clapton ng duwelo. Not the bloody type... isang GUITAR DUEL! WTF. Ano 'yun, pabagsikan ng lead guitars? Parang tagilid si George. :lol:

Ewan ko lang din kung totoo ito.  :-D
Ows? Di nga?

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #52 on: May 11, 2009, 05:27:17 PM »
Nabasa ko somewhere out there, 'yung kwento sa love triangle nina Clapton-Patty-Harrison. Parang pinapili ni George si Patty, tapos in the end sumama kay Clapton si Patty. Tapos one night, hinamon ni George si Clapton ng duwelo. Not the bloody type... isang GUITAR DUEL! WTF. Ano 'yun, pabagsikan ng lead guitars? Parang tagilid si George. :lol:

There may not even be a love triangle because love was no longer there when clapton confided to george that he love his wife. Patty really wanted George to get jealous but the friendship of george & clapton reigned over. I have it in my book entitled George Harrison which I personally bought in Toronto years ago.

About the guitar duel I have no idea at all but I can pressume there's no truth in it. When George brought Clapton in to play While my guitar gently weeps, Eric was so hesitant for he is not a Beatle, but george said don't worry this is my song.

During the press con of Concert for Bang la Desh, You'll see how Eric Clapton respected George as a song write & guitar player. He even mentioned that he insisted in joining the concert (he was already inactive for two years in the music scene) depite being informed that the line up is already filled with guitarists in the likes of Jess Ed Davis, Pete Ham et al.

Tagilid?, I don't think so.. It is not about speed nor number of notes you play but the melody that goes through the heart said Chet Atkins which I truly believe. Try removing the very simple guitar intro of And I love her & In My life ..wala na.

My relative was one of the many lucky persons to have watched George Live in Japan, they have a guitar duel in While my guitar gently weeps & Something.. when they went home what remains in their hearts & minds are the simple riffs of george. On their way home they were humming the melody..After all they're guitar players in their own right.

Offline junkfazz

• Veteran Member
« Reply #53 on: May 11, 2009, 06:48:19 PM »
There may not even be a love triangle because love was no longer there when clapton confided to george that he love his wife. Patty really wanted George to get jealous but the friendship of george & clapton reigned over. I have it in my book entitled George Harrison which I personally bought in Toronto years ago.

About the guitar duel I have no idea at all but I can pressume there's no truth in it. When George brought Clapton in to play While my guitar gently weeps, Eric was so hesitant for he is not a Beatle, but george said don't worry this is my song.

During the press con of Concert for Bang la Desh, You'll see how Eric Clapton respected George as a song write & guitar player. He even mentioned that he insisted in joining the concert (he was already inactive for two years in the music scene) depite being informed that the line up is already filled with guitarists in the likes of Jess Ed Davis, Pete Ham et al.

Tagilid?, I don't think so.. It is not about speed nor number of notes you play but the melody that goes through the heart said Chet Atkins which I truly believe. Try removing the very simple guitar intro of And I love her & In My life ..wala na.

My relative was one of the many lucky persons to have watched George Live in Japan, they have a guitar duel in While my guitar gently weeps & Something.. when they went home what remains in their hearts & minds are the simple riffs of george. On their way home they were humming the melody..After all they're guitar players in their own right.

Salamat sa juicy info. :D

Offline brianwilson

• Veteran Member
« Reply #54 on: May 11, 2009, 08:20:25 PM »
Tapos one night, hinamon ni George si Clapton ng duwelo. Not the bloody type... isang GUITAR DUEL! WTF. Ano 'yun, pabagsikan ng lead guitars? Parang tagilid si George. :lol:

True story.

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2007/08/06/former-george-harrison-and-eric-clapton-muse-pattie-boyd-spills-the-beans/

:wink:

Offline anoemous

• Veteran Member
« Reply #55 on: May 11, 2009, 09:31:09 PM »
Yer Blues - Lennon, Clapton, Richards and Mitchell of Rolling Stones

clatpon's lead part really gave me a goosebumps!  :-D
Lurking Philmusic since 2006

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #57 on: May 12, 2009, 04:37:52 AM »

Beatles Children

John- Julian, Sean, (Solo artists)
Paul- James, Heathier?
George- Dhani
Ringo- Zakk (present of Drummer of The Who, Oasis too), Jason

Offline the_godfather

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #58 on: May 12, 2009, 05:04:59 AM »
Yer Blues - Lennon, Clapton, Richards and Mitchell of Rolling Stones

clatpon's lead part really gave me a goosebumps!  :-D

Dirty Mac yung name ng group na to na tumugtog ng Yer Blues.

Trivia: Si George at Maureen (Ringo's wife) had an affair din, kaya nag hiwalay si Ringo at Maureen.

Yung anak ni George, si Dhani Harrison, ok din yung band nya "The new number 2" ang name. napanood ko sa youtube mga songs, galing din ng mga licks nya at boses, manang-mana kay George.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 05:06:37 AM by the_godfather »
You...Soft and Lonely, You...Lost and Lonely, You...Just Like Heaven

Offline anoemous

• Veteran Member
« Reply #59 on: May 12, 2009, 09:21:42 AM »
question lang, nagkaroon ba ng chance na magmeet ba ulit yung apat na magkakakasama after nila mag disband?

Offline brianwilson

• Veteran Member
« Reply #60 on: May 12, 2009, 06:01:27 PM »
^I don't remember any particular moment  na nagkasama ulit silang apat after the break-up but 1974 onwards they were already "buddies" again. John and Paul had their "A Toot and a Snore" sessions, George played on John's album numerous times, Paul collaborated with Ringo on Ringo's album, and etc,  but the four of them at the same time? It never happened. I think the closest would be their business meetings in New York. I read that there was a time when Paul, George and Ringo were at a restaurant to close a business deal or something and they were waiting for John to sign some papers but he never came. John was at his Dakota apartment at that time.

Offline ninejuicyjulius

• Banned from AGT
« Reply #61 on: May 12, 2009, 08:40:48 PM »

Opo, alam ko pong wala po sa pabilisan at paramihan ng nota. And it was just a cheeky remark. No need to get deeper. Alam kong hardkor ka ke Horhe e.  Clapton is God! :lol: :lol: :lol:

And since nahanap ni Mr. Wilson ang kuwento... totoo din pala talaga.  :-D

Ows? Di nga?

Offline anoemous

• Veteran Member
« Reply #62 on: May 12, 2009, 09:10:08 PM »
^I don't remember any particular moment  na nagkasama ulit silang apat after the break-up but 1974 onwards they were already "buddies" again. John and Paul had their "A Toot and a Snore" sessions, George played on John's album numerous times, Paul collaborated with Ringo on Ringo's album, and etc,  but the four of them at the same time? It never happened. I think the closest would be their business meetings in New York. I read that there was a time when Paul, George and Ringo were at a restaurant to close a business deal or something and they were waiting for John to sign some papers but he never came. John was at his Dakota apartment at that time.

ooh i see, so yung picture siguro na nakita ko a long time ago sa isang songhits ay either si Sean or Julian Lennon..  :lol: thanks for the info  :-)

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #63 on: May 13, 2009, 03:46:57 PM »
question lang, nagkaroon ba ng chance na magmeet ba ulit yung apat na magkakakasama after nila mag disband?

From Rutlemania.org:

On April 24, 1976, Lorne Michaels, producer of NBC's Saturday Night, made an on-air offer of $3000 to The Beatles if they would re-unite and perform on the show. The offer was a hilarious spoof on the absurdly high reunion offers that were regularly making the news at the time, in which The Beatles were offered as much as one hundred million dollars for a single concert.

Needless to say, The Beatles didn't take Michaels up on his offer, but it turned out to be precisely the entrée that was needed to get The Rutles onto American television. Lorne Michaels tells the story, in his introduction to the "I Must Be In Love" film.

Interestingly, the Rutles clip made its world premiere on NBC's Saturday Night, since the Rutland Weekend Television programme from which it was taken wouldn't air in the U.K. for six more weeks.

:-)

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #64 on: May 13, 2009, 04:18:11 PM »

:-) ... but... there was a humor bros that they secretly recorded 5 songs

http://www.momentsintime.com/Beatles%20Reunion.htm
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 08:09:59 PM by slowhandpal »

Offline jimy james

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #65 on: May 14, 2009, 11:01:33 PM »
is it true that "Imeldific" ordered their goons to mob the Beatles when they declined to perform at Malacanyang :?

apparently on their rush to the airport, they left their precious guitars ( Ricks & Hofners )... is there any truth on these or urban legend lang :?

a music impresario fm san juan claims he has those Ricks...

I would kill for George's all Rosewood Tele :-D

Offline hunk0429

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #66 on: May 15, 2009, 03:08:42 AM »
is it true that "Imeldific" ordered their goons to mob the Beatles when they declined to perform at Malacanyang :?

apparently on their rush to the airport, they left their precious guitars ( Ricks & Hofners )... is there any truth on these or urban legend lang :?

ive heard about this.. pinaglakad daw sila hanggang airport?  :lol:

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #67 on: May 15, 2009, 05:02:41 AM »

Nasa Anthology DVD yan.. wala naman kasi daw sa iterinary nila that they would appear at Malacanang.Nagulat nga sila nong marinig nila na ini snab nila si Macoy :-)

Offline anoemous

• Veteran Member
« Reply #68 on: May 15, 2009, 10:20:15 AM »
Nasa Anthology DVD yan.. wala naman kasi daw sa iterinary nila that they would appear at Malacanang.Nagulat nga sila nong marinig nila na ini snab nila si Macoy :-)

grabe talaga nun, eto yung excerpts from wikipedia kung ano nangyari:

"Mal Evans was beaten and kicked, and the band members were pushed and jostled about by a hostile crowd.[71] Once the group boarded the plane, Epstein and Evans were ordered off, and Evans said, "Tell my wife that I love her."[72] Epstein was forced to give back all the money that the band had earned while they were there before being allowed back on the plane.[73]"

may isang forumite dito na me ari nung kagaya nung tele ni george harrison, that was in the guitar central forum pa.  :-) yun ba yung ginamit nya sa take1 ng something sa anthology 3?

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #69 on: May 15, 2009, 10:32:04 AM »

grabe talaga nun, eto yung excerpts from wikipedia kung ano nangyari:

"Mal Evans was beaten and kicked, and the band members were pushed and jostled about by a hostile crowd.[71] Once the group boarded the plane, Epstein and Evans were ordered off, and Evans said, "Tell my wife that I love her."[72] Epstein was forced to give back all the money that the band had earned while they were there before being allowed back on the plane.[73]"
[/b]

may isang forumite dito na me ari nung kagaya nung tele ni george harrison, that was in the guitar central forum pa.  :-) yun ba yung ginamit nya sa take1 ng something sa anthology 3?

sabi nga ni Ringo sa Anthology.. I will never ever go back to that place again. :oops: may pagkukulang din kasi mga organizers non in my own opinion :-)

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #70 on: May 16, 2009, 09:45:44 PM »

Nilson, the man behind the famous hit "without you" covered by Badfinger, Air supply, Mariah Carey to name a few is one John Lennon's best friend. They got into trouble once in bar where they engaged in smashing bottles of beer.

I hope I'm not mistaken,John's jacket worn in the Rock N Roll album was given by Nilson. :-)

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #71 on: May 17, 2009, 07:50:28 AM »

are you talking of Gio bro?

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #72 on: May 17, 2009, 07:38:48 PM »
And Your Bird Can Sing

"Bird" is British slang for "Girl." One theory is that this song is a scolding by John Lennon of his buddy Mick Jagger of the Rolling Stones, who loved to brag about his bird - Marianne Faithfull - who was great, green (jealous/young) and could sing. John made it clear that Mick and the Stones wear great but could never ever match up to John and the other Beatles. (Thanks, raoul - Amsterdam)

The signature dual-harmony electric lead guitar parts were played live (without overdubbing) by Harrison and McCartney. Lennon played the rhythm in the "D major" position with the capo on the 2nd fret (to account for the song being in the key of E). John used the 2nd fret capo several times ("Nowhere Man," "Julia," "Norwegian Wood (This Bird Has Flown)" to name a few). (Thanks, Barry Kesten - Bellmore, United States)

« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 07:44:56 PM by slowhandpal »

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #73 on: May 20, 2009, 05:57:42 AM »
is it true that Paul wrote and completed "ALL MY LOVING" while he was brushing his teeth on morning?

BEATLE-maniacs...share your trivias  :-D :-D :-D

possibly, we all know how good paul is.. minsan nga nag rap sya minus (voice  only) may dala dala sya cup, parang sa Off the ground ata yon na video clips.

Offline ninejuicyjulius

• Banned from AGT
« Reply #74 on: May 21, 2009, 06:11:59 PM »
I've stumble upon this interesting Christian-phase in Lennon's life.

Over the following months he baffled those close to him by constantly praising “the Lord,” writing Christian songs with titles like “Talking with Jesus” and “Amen” (the Lord’s Prayer set to music), and trying to convert nonbelievers. He also called the prayer line of The 700 Club, Pat Robertson’s program.

Apparently, Yoko Ono "saved" John from Christianity (as the song You Saved My Soul says).

Pero ang gusto ko lang naman ay MP3 ng Christian songs ni Lennon (Talking With Jesus and Amen). Meron ba tayo diyan?  :-D

More of the Christian-phase Lennon here:
http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2007/januaryweb-only/001-22.0.html
Ows? Di nga?