hulika

Author Topic: GAS slowdown  (Read 12719 times)

Offline nickson

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: GAS slowdown
« Reply #50 on: March 15, 2012, 05:37:07 PM »
Good for you... Good Luck.  Di ko rin ma-take nag gig pero less than P20k lang ang gastos sa equipment -- sakit sa tenga.  Well I guess to each his own.

LOL.
“I will take love wherever I find it and offer it to everyone who will take it.., seek knowledge from those wiser than me and try to teach those who wish to learn from me.”

― Duane Allman

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #51 on: March 15, 2012, 05:41:05 PM »
What's wrong with Toyota? :idea:

Great utilitarian car but don't expect anything magical or extraordinary -- in short BOOOOOOOORING.

Offline elfenliedagain

« Reply #52 on: March 16, 2012, 02:10:26 AM »

3) You don't need more stuff in terms of looks, style or COLOR but you NEED a lot of the good sounding stuff which is rare!!!

This I agree
4) Avoid Youtube because its never accurate compared to how the piece of equipment translates in terms of feel.

ALWAYS. never watch/listen to YT vids when it comes to evaluating gear since its all squashed up

6) Have other experts with better ears and experience than you select your equipment instead.  This way the ego is deflated by someone in authority. 

No, not really.
7) Conversely, it is dangerous to keep selecting equipment based on your visual and physical specifications and requirements.  Use Feel and Sound instead.

Agree. Wholeheartedly. Kids my age fall for this easy.
8) Again, don't buy amps and guitars unless they cost US$3k and above.  I know that I have said this before but it does indeed reduce purchases.

I disagree but I understand where this is coming from.

Personally, if I find the guitar that I believe "speaks" to/for me, kahit sa pawnshop lang sya, I'd get it. It doesn't necessarily have to be the best stuff out there as long as ITS YOUR OWN TONE.

Also, +1 sa thread na to for including Journey, Willie Revillame and Bonny Bear in the discussion  :wave:
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 02:38:21 AM by elfenliedagain »

Offline joel_marcelo

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #53 on: March 16, 2012, 02:20:24 AM »
Hey Alex. You are one of the few people here that I look up to because of the gear and ears that you have. I appreciate that you are after the sake of people to know what a good sounding gear is. But honestly, your comments tend to become sarcastic and offensive to people who does not have your spending power. We all know that you have possibly the best gear here in PM or maybe in the whole country but please sir, try to say things nicely. Minsan ako naooffend sa sinasabi mo. I have modest gear because that's what I can afford and I worked hard for it and of course I love it. (I also make money out of it) I am speaking on behalf of almost 75% of people here in PhilMusic. Respect begets respect. Oh by the way, I also have a Toyota and we did magical things together. Lol. Go easy on the comments Dude.  :)

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #54 on: March 16, 2012, 04:34:48 AM »
Oh by the way, I also have a Toyota and we did magical things together. Lol. Go easy on the comments Dude.  :)

nothing wrong with toyota man (i've got a lexus but its got toyota guts) and they're reliable haha. i'd rather have low insurance payments and reliability to spend cash on other stuff.
ako si mimordz. 友だちからよろしくです!

Offline joel_marcelo

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #55 on: March 16, 2012, 05:04:11 AM »
nothing wrong with toyota man (i've got a lexus but its got toyota guts) and they're reliable haha. i'd rather have low insurance payments and reliability to spend cash on other stuff.
I know right? I'm just quoting our good friend firemodel here.

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #56 on: March 16, 2012, 07:43:01 AM »
Hey Alex. You are one of the few people here that I look up to because of the gear and ears that you have. I appreciate that you are after the sake of people to know what a good sounding gear is. But honestly, your comments tend to become sarcastic and offensive to people who does not have your spending power. We all know that you have possibly the best gear here in PM or maybe in the whole country but please sir, try to say things nicely. Minsan ako naooffend sa sinasabi mo. I have modest gear because that's what I can afford and I worked hard for it and of course I love it. (I also make money out of it) I am speaking on behalf of almost 75% of people here in PhilMusic. Respect begets respect. Oh by the way, I also have a Toyota and we did magical things together. Lol. Go easy on the comments Dude.  :)

I love Toyotas as utilitarian vehicles.  They are great at that but not exciting in my opinion.  By the way, you don't NEED my spending power to have great gear.  I am not even concerned with a person's spending power but rather the wrong things said about tone and the endorsement of lousy local and imported gear.  Moreover, if you go back to my statements more than spending power, I have emphasized the EAR and the ability of some manufacturers to HEAR better than others because of their exposure to guitar music than unfortunately, I have to say cannot be matched by ANYONE in the Philippines.  Therefore, I DO NOT BELIEVE that tone and great sounding gear is KANYA KANYA lang.  There's just one problem with this people who claim that -- they have NOT experienced great sounding gear.  And thats why my statements tend to be stronger.  Iyan ang problema ng Pinoy -- ayaw umamin.  Case in point: halos walang uma-amin sa forum na ito na panget ang tone or equipment nila yet pag tingnan mo sa Classifieds halos lahat ng may ID dito ay mayroon or nagkaroon ng item for sale.

I can more or less pick a good sounding American Standard strat that will beat most custom shops Fenders and anything less in Tom Lee for you if you want.  I have some luck at Perfect Pitch Buendia if and only if a new batch has arrived.  I have done this service for some people for free.  But I say it like it is.  And I always think that somebody has better sounding gear than I -- always maybe NOT in this country but somewhere abroad.  (P.S. By the way, still no luck with Ibanez however.)

I appreciate your honesty and I thank you for it.  Someone else advised me recently NOT to care for the people on this forum because he felt its not worth it and life is too short.  For him, I should not spend the time nor the effort kasi ayaw ng pinoy ang basagan ng trip.  To a certain extent,  I am starting to believe it too.  Give or Take that I only have 1/3 of my life left and if this forum cannot accept short cuts/advice whether direct or indirect, sarcastic or charming, courteous or abrasive from me then I rather NOT spend any amount of my life remaining with me on the people here.

Offline guitarbrat

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #57 on: March 16, 2012, 08:01:18 AM »
1/3 of your life? Don't say that bro. Were not born with expiration dates.

Offline blacktele

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #58 on: March 16, 2012, 08:22:12 AM »
FM, you're my guy. Don't be bothered. Just feel free to express your art.
GAS is proof that money has no value without velocity

Offline maxi_musikero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #59 on: March 16, 2012, 08:42:07 AM »
Therefore, I DO NOT BELIEVE that tone and great sounding gear is KANYA KANYA lang.  There's just one problem with this people who claim that -- they have NOT experienced great sounding gear.  And thats why my statements tend to be stronger.  Iyan ang problema ng Pinoy -- ayaw umamin.  Case in point: halos walang uma-amin sa forum na ito na panget ang tone or equipment nila yet pag tingnan mo sa Classifieds halos lahat ng may ID dito ay mayroon or nagkaroon ng item for sale.

agree. experience is always the best teacher. professionals get better and more refined through experience. standards are set higher through experience. the same is true with a musician's tonal palette.

I appreciate your honesty and I thank you for it.  Someone else advised me recently NOT to care for the people on this forum because he felt its not worth it and life is too short.  For him, I should not spend the time nor the effort kasi ayaw ng pinoy ang basagan ng trip.  To a certain extent,  I am starting to believe it too.  Give or Take that I only have 1/3 of my life left and if this forum cannot accept short cuts/advice whether direct or indirect, sarcastic or charming, courteous or abrasive from me then I rather NOT spend any amount of my life remaining with me on the people here.

agree as well. let the overly-sensitive and defensive forumites rant their butts off. there are still folks here who see the value of your posts and learn from them.
PEDAL PEDDLER-Official Dealer of Malekko & Catalinbread Pedals
http://www.facebook.com/pedalpeddlers

Offline joel_marcelo

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #60 on: March 16, 2012, 10:52:41 AM »
agree. experience is always the best teacher. professionals get better and more refined through experience. standards are set higher through experience. the same is true with a musician's tonal palette.

agree as well. let the overly-sensitive and defensive forumites rant their butts off. there are still folks here who see the value of your posts and learn from them.
Hey Mr. Sawsaw. Read my post, it's not a rant. It's more of an advice. Kiss @ss.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 10:54:40 AM by joel_marcelo »

Offline maxi_musikero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #61 on: March 16, 2012, 11:01:09 AM »
Hey Mr. Sawsaw. Read my post, it's not a rant. It's more of an advice. Kiss @ss.

did i just mention overly sensitive people? and name calling. how low can you get?  :lol:

cool it down. i didn't quote your post in the first place. if you backread a bit, there are a lot of OT posts.

Offline joel_marcelo

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #62 on: March 16, 2012, 11:06:47 AM »
did i just mention overly sensitive people? and name calling. how low can you get?  :lol:

cool it down. i didn't quote your post in the first place. if you backread a bit, there are a lot of OT posts.
You did not quote me instead you quoted fm55's reply to my post. So what does that mean? Geez. Easy ka lang din.

Offline indiemaxx

• Veteran Member
« Reply #63 on: March 16, 2012, 11:11:54 AM »
Hey Alex. You are one of the few people here that I look up to because of the gear and ears that you have. I appreciate that you are after the sake of people to know what a good sounding gear is. But honestly, your comments tend to become sarcastic and offensive to people who does not have your spending power.

hagree teh..'
pero baka nga ganun lang talaga sya mag comment din..
sanayan lang   8-)

Offline maxi_musikero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #64 on: March 16, 2012, 11:12:53 AM »
You did not quote me instead you quoted fm55's reply to my post. So what does that mean? Geez. Easy ka lang din.

he quoted your post = he was talking to you. i quoted his post = i was talking to him.

i don't have to go easy on anything or anyone. i wasn't the one who resorted to name-calling.

Offline gyrome

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #65 on: March 16, 2012, 11:13:26 AM »
Para sakin, effective pag agresibo at prangka ang teacher. Yun nga lang, iba't-iba ang klase ng istudyante..

Offline joel_marcelo

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #66 on: March 16, 2012, 11:17:21 AM »
he quoted your post = he was talking to you. i quoted his post = i was talking to him.

i don't have to go easy on anything or anyone. i wasn't the one who resorted to name-calling.
Pffft. Ok. Whatever you say sir!

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #67 on: March 16, 2012, 12:19:21 PM »

Joel,

Baka naman maxi did not mean you to be one of those mentioned... mukhang in general naman ang context ang mga iba diyan at hindi ikaw.  Please remain friends with Maxi because life is too short for us to have enemies.

alex

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #68 on: March 16, 2012, 12:21:00 PM »
what about the chemo thing FM55??? are you really undergoing treatment???  :oops:
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *
PEDALS & ACCESSORIES FOR SALE
PM: http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=283433.0      FB: https://www.facebook.com/RcMusicEmporium

Offline joel_marcelo

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #69 on: March 16, 2012, 01:28:58 PM »
Joel,

Baka naman maxi did not mean you to be one of those mentioned... mukhang in general naman ang context ang mga iba diyan at hindi ikaw.  Please remain friends with Maxi because life is too short for us to have enemies.

alex
I agree Alex. Thanks. Peace out Maxi.

Offline maxi_musikero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #70 on: March 16, 2012, 01:34:22 PM »
Joel,

alex

it's no biggie, really. i've had worse.  :-D

I agree Alex. Thanks. Peace out Maxi.

peace bro!  :)

Offline freemansj

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #71 on: March 16, 2012, 01:51:50 PM »
it's no biggie, really. i've had worse.  :-D

peace bro!  :)

Awwwww....  Kapayapaan.   :-D

Offline Jason

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #72 on: March 16, 2012, 02:03:19 PM »
Sarap lets just make music.
Sucessful transactions: haha,Siore,Slowhandpal,ramnem,halo88,Bluemech,mghz33,Yhongers,Martney,Acousticky,OmegaRed,queking,sinonieayako,anton_mtegtr,indiemax,DyuN WhammY,

Offline gainsucker

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #73 on: March 16, 2012, 02:12:47 PM »
ok yan, PEACE lagi  :wave:

kanya kanyang trip lang yan, pagdating sa passion for music, sama sama pa rin.

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #74 on: March 16, 2012, 02:18:50 PM »
what about the chemo thing FM55??? are you really undergoing treatment???  :oops:

Just finished about two months ago but I have to undergo close monitoring...  will fly to Singapore for 2nd opinion on monitoring process.