hulika

Author Topic: RP BAND (Run for your love / When angels march across the sky)  (Read 126941 times)

Offline STRANGESTORM0001

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Re: RP BAND (Run for your love / When angels march across the sky)
« Reply #50 on: November 18, 2008, 11:24:42 PM »
I swear to you people that i really LOVE this band. i remember waking up in the middle of the night everytime nu107 played there songs. back then nu107 is a real rock station. i don't know about this days. well i used three of there songs as my e-mail address just to always remember them.
strangestorm, while angels march, and run for your love.  i'm glad to find out that there's some people out there that still remember this band. i just wish they could re issue the cd's so i can buy 10 in an instant. that's how crazy i am when it comes to my favorite band. i bought 3 cd's of violent playground back in 98. well thanks for this topic!!!

Offline raizen26

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #51 on: November 20, 2008, 11:42:26 AM »
i had a chat with colin and he said that TRACKS STUDIOS (where RP recorded Street Legal) still has a copy of the reel. How I wish it can be reproduced
The Philippine surgeon shut them all up: "You're all wrong. Philippine Politicians are the easiest to operate on. There's no guts, no heart, no balls, no brains, and no spine... Plus, the head and the ass are interchangeable"

Offline stringman

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2009, 05:54:41 PM »
Any updates guys? Who has a copy of while angels march?
I have stated that there are more bad sounding suhrs then there are good ones.

Offline dantuts

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #53 on: February 09, 2009, 09:59:23 AM »
i guess the best the bet we have is for mr Goff to re-release the album again. he said before that they are "planning" to ..but i dont know the update.. i was lucky enough to hear one of their song at Tracks..

calling goff ... :-D
I was alive in the forest
I was cut by the cruel axe
In life I was silent In death I sweetly sing

Offline raizen26

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #54 on: February 09, 2009, 01:08:09 PM »
oh really?? that's good news! i learned from Bob Aves tru email that the original reel for Street Legal has some damages. No updates on its development, however. sana nga matuloy, sure buyer here! hehehe!
The Philippine surgeon shut them all up: "You're all wrong. Philippine Politicians are the easiest to operate on. There's no guts, no heart, no balls, no brains, and no spine... Plus, the head and the ass are interchangeable"

Offline stevierayvirus2

« Reply #55 on: February 10, 2009, 07:59:42 PM »
RP Band was a Superband!!! Bob Aves is one of my Inspirations. i love that group.

Offline stringman

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #56 on: February 10, 2009, 08:25:11 PM »
Thanks Raizen!

Offline joeystratman

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #57 on: February 12, 2009, 10:35:47 PM »
Wow!just browsing through Pinoy Rock thread,was surprised to find this one.i had that RP strange storm tape way back in the late 80's.hanep talaga.Bob Aves burned ala EVH,with a few twists!One of the best rock guitar solos you'll ever hear from a pinoy guitarist.(of course,c sir Noel Mendes comes to mind,Hayp Band).a friend told me bout the street legal album,never got one though.When i was with Arnel Pineda(now Journeys' Vox)in 9mm,we recorded a demo,a compo of mine at Tracks studio.the engineer, Angee Rozul,who,after some chat over lunchbreak,turns out that he helped record the strange storm album(as asisstant recording engineer that time,me thinks).He told me of some wild stories during the sessions,which i'm not gonna reveal here hahaha.Anyway,i remember him telling me he did some remastering of some tracks of strange storm,to see how it sounds today, which i think was never re-released,unfortunately.sana nga me mag share din ng MP3 format ng street legal... :-D
« Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 07:25:08 AM by joeystratman »
Succesful deals thru shipping: turiguillano,sick_angel14,obetski,jrock80's,popoy_goodboy,kiimpoi,pianista,domengshu,guitarakista,heineken01,kenzu,apalabyab,mojo jojo,weareathome,lykenhowl,enzo22,diaboliche,jmorrero,el_sol,musikerochan,spankyrigor

Offline raizen26

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #58 on: February 12, 2009, 10:48:59 PM »
pm me yung stories!  :-D

Offline stringman

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #59 on: February 16, 2009, 07:39:10 PM »
Dami rin pala listeners ang RP! Pure talent talaga ang members!

Offline raizen26

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #60 on: February 17, 2009, 09:20:26 AM »
yezzz....buti na lang may available na mp3 ng mga yun from firends here in PM. i thought it was lost na

Offline goff

Re: RP BAND (Run for your love / While angels march across the sky)
« Reply #61 on: February 26, 2009, 04:27:45 PM »
Hi my brother rockers,

I'd like to thank you all, Philmusic, radio stations NU107, DZRJ, for showing a stream of support for RP music and for latching on to the nuances Bob Aves and I worked on threshing out all those years ago.. Mike Pedero and Angie Rozul can attest to that as they were there everyday during those days at Tracks. Of course my brother Ric Segreto was a part of making that happen and his involvement was very special as, sa totoo lang, Ric was a rocker at heart and was always into rock music even when we were kids. It was a godsend that we got to record an album together as for the most part, we played a lot of live gigs as a band, he and I, since we were 9 years old. And to have his voice and input on those RP songs, behind my lead vocals, singing harmonies together, is a treasure, to say the least. He would have liked to have done rock songs as part of his career as a singer but record company direction had other plans for him. And I'm sure he would have liked to have known that RP music is still enjoyed today and to be able to get to know the good people, who to this date are listeners and appreciators of these songs for which he lent his voice.

Back in the day this started, there was no internet so information was sparse although we tried our best to get correct news out on the band and it's members but I guess it's happening now... Bob played the guitar and I sang. We collaborated on the writing of some songs and some it was either his or mine with the exception of Louie's songs where it was Louie's music and my lyrics and concept. Both Bob and I handled the production in the studio. Helping each other produce and oversee our tracks. All of the guitar tracks on Street Legal were done with his old Ibanez HSS with Floyd. I don't even remember the model. And I want to say that the humbucker by the bridge was just slapped in there. In fact the hardware was all rusted out because Bob has that "alien" powis going on..hehehe...Couldn't even adjust the bridge saddles because it was a mass of rust.... You've heard of a set neck, well this was a set bridge.... :-P                  

On Strange Storms he used a brand new Jackson Dinky Strat MIA with a Kahler flush mounted trem, no less, that I had hunted down for him in San Diego one vacation. I know he still has that today as his main guitar. Amps wise it was a Marshall Silver Jubilee 2x12 combo (which Bob later sold to Ka Freddie Aguilar) So whomever has that amp now, if it ain't you Ka Fred, realize what you've got. And sometimes a Scholz Rockman we borrowed from the Harner Brothers. Remember those guys? Kinda the Jonas Brothers of the '80's.

I think we used a Boss DS-1 from Mike P's collection at Tracks, in front of the Rockman, and then out to the Marshall Jubilee for the solo on Keep Our Love Alive as Bob wanted that "horsey" (his words) power neigh-whinny whammy lick for that solo, just to give the solo some hair...If you listen to the lick, for those of you that have that song, the solo intro sounds like a horse rearing on it's hind legs, screaming. That's what Bob wanted that part to sound like and this is what we did to get it. Then a Yamaha DX7 on a Hammond preset through a Leslie 222 for that organ tone. We used a couple of synths for While Angels March and more so on Strange Storms. I think around this time of Strange Storms, Angie Rozul, besides having to keep track of Bob and I wandering off in the studio, was in charge of making sure Mang Dading changed the filters on the air conditioning to make sure we got that fresh air action to assure all the tones got from the amp, Ric's and my voices, to the mics... :evil: :roll:

The record industry was a different animal back then, not like it is now with rock bands of all genres getting support and exposure. Mike Pedero did as much as he could producing the albums Street Legal and Strange Storms. And on Strange Storms he actually paid to have the cassette tapes made for that album besides providing Tracks Studio to record both. It was an Indie release for that album while Street Legal was a Blackgold Records release. There was no vinyl for Strange Storms. So for those of you who have a copy of SS, kudos man. Back then, Bob and I were of the mindset that we had done our parts by making the music, and it was up to the music industry to do their share to get it out. So here it is again, up to the music industry...

BTW, cool pics on the album cover and label. I'm glad you have that intact, bro... 8-)

It would be a dream come true to actually have a band to perform this material with Bob of course and Louie Ocampo, and we greatly appreciate the call to arms.. Maybe someday..Obviously we are doing new projects now. But RP will stand it's own test of time, I'm coming to find out from you guys...

Again thanks for the support and kind words.... :-D

To all my friends here, and you know who you are, may the blessings be..

Goff Macaraeg

Offline raizen26

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #62 on: March 09, 2009, 09:31:03 AM »
Dear Goff,

Lagi akong memory lane pag RP ang pinapakinggan ko and makes me appreciate how talented Filipinos are. Thanks for the stroy, lalo dun sa floyd ni Bob, natatawa ako habang binabasa ko yung part na yun  :lol:

Thank you for the music, guys...that's all that I can say...

Offline My Michelle

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #63 on: May 27, 2009, 03:36:18 AM »
mga bros ready to jump high because my strange storm album (with very special thanks to kawayan_strat) is in mp3 format. banned yung torrent and other downloading sites dito sa office. please email me at raizen26@yahoo.com  kahit 2 songs per email send ko sa inyo if ok with you.

while angels march na laaang.... yoooohooooo!!!  :-D

by the way, i emailed bob aves a year ago and he said yung master tape was quite damaged and they are looking for ways to restore it

Hello, could you also send me a copy of "Run" through my email (michelle_bollig@yahoo.com... Wla p me copy nyan e... yung link temporarily close na e. PLEASE?   ;)

Offline joeystratman

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #64 on: May 30, 2009, 08:18:25 PM »
Bro Goff Macaraeg,delighted to have read your reply.Your music continues to inspire me to this day.As a guitarist,i respect and admire Bob Aves' blazing guitar work on your albums.You guys created a sound that's unique,rocking and very fresh.As i mentioned(again hehe),Bob,Noel Mendes and Wally Gonzales recorded the best ever guitar solos ever on pinoy rock history.Hey,isn't it long overdue for your two albums to be remastered,re-released on CD?And for you,bob,louie,roy and co.to reunite for some live shows for a live CD/DVD release?I hope someone's gonna make this happen.Just the thought sends hairs at the back of my neck stand hahaha.Long live RP Band! 8-)
Succesful deals thru shipping: turiguillano,sick_angel14,obetski,jrock80's,popoy_goodboy,kiimpoi,pianista,domengshu,guitarakista,heineken01,kenzu,apalabyab,mojo jojo,weareathome,lykenhowl,enzo22,diaboliche,jmorrero,el_sol,musikerochan,spankyrigor

Offline stringman

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #65 on: June 12, 2009, 05:17:54 AM »
It's good to hear from Goff! RP Band is truly amazing!! After all the years I never forgot their music!

Offline raizen26

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #66 on: June 13, 2009, 11:20:48 PM »
a reunion gig would be very nice.

Offline raizen26

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #68 on: July 05, 2009, 06:21:27 PM »
hanep!

Offline stringman

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #69 on: July 06, 2009, 06:20:37 PM »
Tuloy ba EB with the group? If not we could get together guys kahit after work. I'm in the Ortigas area.

Offline raizen26

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #70 on: July 07, 2009, 12:05:13 AM »
Tuloy ba EB with the group? If not we could get together guys kahit after work. I'm in the Ortigas area.

i'm game to this idea  8-)

Offline stringman

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #71 on: July 07, 2009, 05:58:08 PM »
I'll PM you my number. How bout the rest?

Offline raizen26

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #72 on: July 09, 2009, 10:04:34 PM »
let's meet up. maybe a census of who wants to join will be nice.

Offline raizen26

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #73 on: July 09, 2009, 10:06:21 PM »
maybe a census of who wants to join will be nice

Offline reyban

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #74 on: July 27, 2009, 11:00:58 PM »
Been away from this thread for quite some time.

Wow, 'twas a real treat reading your behind-the-scenes Goff. You and the band deserved more success.

Anyway, I was finally able to find a way to do a needle-drop of Street Legal. I wish I have better equipment and know-how to do the drops. I've done only one song for now - While Angels March.

I did some click/pop removal for the MP3. Hopefully it sounds decent enough. For those inclined or more adept in restoration techniques. I've kept the raw .wav rip.

I'll add more Street Legal tracks in the coming days.

And to RP, I salute!!!