hulika

Author Topic: Zakk Wylde leaves Gibson and Marshall to start his own guitar and amp company  (Read 4631 times)

Offline guitarwiz02

• Philmusicus Addictus
WYLDE AUDIO

"Check out how Eddie Van Halen doesn’t pick his fast notes with all the same boring velocity. He makes most of his fast licks almost funky by picking some notes harder than others." - Jason Becker

Offline toybitz

such a drunken decision. what a "waste".
Tele bought 20K. Upgraded pots.  FS: 30K  Trade Value BS: 85K.  Deal tayo?

Offline randymarsh

• Philmusicus Addictus
laki siguro ng kita ng marshall at gibson sa kanya. unfortunately hindi niya pwedeng kopyahin ang emg pickups
nuno : n4 2.0 n4esa, n4vintage, n4 silver sparkle, n5, n6, n7, n8esa
etc : yjm, axis, jp6, jpxi, jp12, jp13, lp 58 vos, lp 57 ri, lp standard, lp trad, am strat, am tele deluxe, jem7v, uv777, rg prestige, j custom, deluxe reverb, vai legacy, jcm900, axefx

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
laki siguro ng kita ng marshall at gibson sa kanya. unfortunately hindi niya pwedeng kopyahin ang emg pickups

Di na daw siya mag EMG.. Ang gagamitin na lang daw niya ay....... Wilde pickups.

joke joke joke.  :wave:

Offline toybitz

HAHA!

Offline randymarsh

• Philmusicus Addictus
#naisone  :-D
nuno : n4 2.0 n4esa, n4vintage, n4 silver sparkle, n5, n6, n7, n8esa
etc : yjm, axis, jp6, jpxi, jp12, jp13, lp 58 vos, lp 57 ri, lp standard, lp trad, am strat, am tele deluxe, jem7v, uv777, rg prestige, j custom, deluxe reverb, vai legacy, jcm900, axefx

Offline guitarwiz02

• Philmusicus Addictus
I think he's goin' the EVH route. Business-minded na din siya, which, practically and logically, is a good and intelligent move.
"Check out how Eddie Van Halen doesn’t pick his fast notes with all the same boring velocity. He makes most of his fast licks almost funky by picking some notes harder than others." - Jason Becker

Offline toybitz

I think intelligent move for EVH.

From Peavey, MusicMan to Fender co., guitar and amp.

Zakk was already with Gibson & Marshall, just like Fender guitars and amplication, he was already at the pinnacle of the largest guitar and amplification manufacturers. 8(

Offline guitarwiz02

• Philmusicus Addictus
I think intelligent move for EVH.

From Peavey, MusicMan to Fender co., guitar and amp.

Zakk was already with Gibson & Marshall, just like Fender guitars and amplication, he was already at the pinnacle of the largest guitar and amplification manufacturers. 8(

True. But, the thing is, Zakk does not own 'em. Gibson and Marshall could one day just drop him as their endorser.

Offline toybitz

"could" cannot be counted sir.

You can't call someone a robber until he robs.

(naku, eto nanaman tayo boss! ayaw ko na....iwas na ako sa mga threads mo. LOL)

Offline lolwat

• Philmusicus Addictus
It's not really surprising to see Zakk's tube amp line to resemble classic Marshall front panels with 6 knobs, but for the solid state ones (like the one he seemed to be plugged into in the video) to resemble the current Marshall MG line, complete with illuminated function buttons and weird power switch, is kind of strange. I'm sure Marshall have patents protecting the designs of said amplifier at least.

Offline guitarwiz02

• Philmusicus Addictus
"could" cannot be counted sir.

You can't call someone a robber until he robs.

(naku, eto nanaman tayo boss! ayaw ko na....iwas na ako sa mga threads mo. LOL)

Ha ha! This is obviously a business/investment move on Zakk's part. 'Coz, again, no one knows the future and Zakk definitely doesn't know what's gonna happen to his music career and endorsement deals, say, 10-15 years from now. So, objectively looking at it, this move, to me, is like adding a little bit more of "wealth" security to his already wealthy life.
 :-D

Offline toybitz

I hate the headstock designs.

Ha ha! This is obviously a business/investment move on Zakk's part. 'Coz, again, no one knows the future and Zakk definitely doesn't know what's gonna happen to his music career and endorsement deals, say, 10-15 years from now. So, objectively looking at it, this move, to me, is like adding a little bit more of "wealth" security to his already wealthy life.
 :-D

But can you tell that a person is going to be robber soon just because he is poor? oops..pinatulan ko pa din.

Last na ito bro Wiz. pramis. hahaha!

Offline guitarwiz02

• Philmusicus Addictus
I hate the headstock designs.

But can you tell that a person is going to be robber soon just because he is poor? oops..pinatulan ko pa din.

Last na ito bro Wiz. pramis. hahaha!

To be quite honest, I really don't see the relevance.  :-D The business/investment move, I guess, is already self-explanatory.  :idea:

Offline qroon

• Tanod
  • Prime Moderator
It's not really surprising to see Zakk's tube amp line to resemble classic Marshall front panels with 6 knobs, but for the solid state ones (like the one he seemed to be plugged into in the video) to resemble the current Marshall MG line, complete with illuminated function buttons and weird power switch, is kind of strange. I'm sure Marshall have patents protecting the designs of said amplifier at least.

Trade dress pwede. But patent? I doubt it.

Semper Erectus
Spur | Helical | Bevel | Hypoid | Crown | Epicyclic

Offline toybitz

To be quite honest, I really don't see the relevance.  :-D The business/investment move, I guess, is already self-explanatory.  :idea:

It's an analogy. hehehe

Offline guitarwiz02

• Philmusicus Addictus
It's an analogy. hehehe

Kala ko ba last na? Ha ha! Anyway, I don't see where you had to apply that analogy. We're not even comparing things here.  :-D But, just the same, and the point of the matter is, Zakk Wylde putting up his own guitar/gear company for financial security and profit is a good business and personal move. Every dog has its day.
 :)

Offline KennyKen

Mukhang Cheap yung mga guitars niya tsaka walang ka presti-Prestige  :-D....Kay Rob Chapman na lang ako

Offline guitaricci

• Philmusicus Addictus

Rig Rundown with Zakk Wylde. Wala na syang Gibson sa rig nya.
Its not the kill, Its the thrill of the chase...

Offline Skybox

• Philmusicus Addictus
Aling music store kaya ang pwedeng mag dala nito dito sa Pinas? Sana hindi overpriced sabay laging naka sale haha.
#DigitalHiyaw

Offline xaeroblade

• Forum Fanatic
May mga nakita akong review, ok naman good ang line na nagawa nya. Price though d ko pa sure
Bands: Project:Materia and