hulika

Author Topic: How Important is a Musician's Attire?  (Read 31171 times)

Offline eLScorcho

• Philmusicus Noobitus
How Important is a Musician's Attire?
« on: August 20, 2005, 02:23:23 PM »

long hair, tattoos, piercings, hats, caps, beard, mustache, goatee, black shirts, those leather things you put on your wrists, che guevara shirts, high-cut leather boots, bracelets, necklaces, rings, jewelry, facial paint, make-up, spiky hair, mohawk, dreadlocks, and many other such affectations...

what use or purpose do they have? are these effects really necessary for a musician? :-s o baka naman pang-porma lang?

how do you think a musician should properly appear for his or her audience?

we encourage you to share your opinions.

Offline eLScorcho

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2005, 04:43:28 PM »
how important is a musician's attire?

not important at all pre...

teka lang. ako rin author nitong post na to ah!

you mean walang ibang nagreply???  :?:

bakit kaya? may 35 views naman... hmmm....

Offline narcosis

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2005, 04:48:36 PM »
kung sasali ka siguro sa EAT BULAGA contest or sarsuela sa fiesta

20 % voice quality
30 % stage presence
50 % audience impact
10 % COSTUME and PROPS  heheheeh

of course im just kidding. Dehins important. It's the attitude i think that matters. RED HOT CHILLI peppers nga naka brief at boots lang oks na hhehe... pwera na nga lang kung member ka ng QUESHE" hehehe ulit gwarrk!
Fun Is Fun, Done Is Done

Offline candyapplered

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2005, 10:35:23 AM »
"eat to please thyself but dress to please others..."

some people take the entertainment value of rock & roll so seriously that they'd put on the most outlandish clothes just to get noticed. you gotta admit it though, that the attire of some musicians may sometimes be more memorable than the songs they play!

Offline erotic nightmare

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2005, 03:48:34 PM »
actually music is not defined on the appearance itself but on the sound that pleases your ears. e kahit naka barong or nka hubo yan e kung malinis naman and pro ang tunog ayus lang. hehe

Offline cool2ny

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2005, 06:47:31 PM »
musicians/performers attire should reflect the artists personality or style. . .  sabi nga eh " attitude" yun, kaya nga dati diba pag banda ka halos automatic na dun na ling hair ka (sa guys), kung baga dapat magcompliment ang get up mo sa tugtugan or style. . . though not really that necessary. . . gets???

. . . otherwise custume na ang tawag dun  :lol:

Offline candyapplered

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2005, 07:27:33 PM »
eto na lang: do you think KISS would be that popular had they not donned the painted faces/heavy metal kabuki? that's how important it is.

and there are people in the post-rock/adult alternative genre who would choose to dress down kasi nga ayaw nila magpa-glam. costume or not, the attire is a strong statement as to what the band is all about. not entirely, but significantly.

Offline rv2underground

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2005, 11:58:51 AM »
It depends on the artist really. If you see Dimmu Borgir members in g-unit style of clothes what would you think of them as far as being artists?

That's just the way it is. The appearance is just the icing on the cake. But in the end the talent really stands out if it's really there.

my 200th post bitches!

Offline boysenswal

• Netizen Level
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2005, 10:13:53 PM »
in the end its 'all about the music' as the saying goes. but fashion has always played an important role in rock. punk gave alot of importance to image, as seen in the way the ramones, pistols and the clash dress.

as said nga, KISS wouldnt be as well known if it werent for the makeup. i think its important that the audience can identify a band's name and sound with an image. think beatles, ramones, kiss, NIN, velvet revolver . etc..
ole!

Offline jacaranda

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2005, 10:30:53 AM »
its all part of the gimmick nowadays.
But long time ago, the way you sound is the same as the clothes you wear.
It's like there are certain era of music accompanied by its clothes.. tama ba? someone repharase that..  :lol:
Check Out <a href="http://www.pinoybanda.com/" title="pinoy rock bands">Pinoy Rock Band</a> Profiles!
=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
http://www.pinoybanda.com  The Love You Take is Equal to The Love You Make...

Offline frzrsnatch

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2005, 12:25:16 PM »
Wear whatever you want to wear. You shouldnt care what other people think while you're up on stage playing. There's no right or wrong way to dress. It's all about the music.

Offline candyapplered

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2005, 11:37:08 AM »
music and fashion are very much influenced by trends...but out of each trend there are truly inspired people who carry on the culture beyond passing trends or fickle fads.

Offline geetar

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2005, 02:52:25 PM »
meron ako napanood na banda, yung gitarista e naka dredlocks, transparent yung gitara, naka shades, maporma talaga kala mo malupit... pero sa kasawiang palad, di nya alam na wala sa tono gitara nya habang nasa gitna ng gig... medyo hindi marunong maglead.

haaay... puro porma.

Offline cool2ny

• Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2005, 03:43:49 PM »
hehehe. . . unfortunately may mga iba na puro porma nga. . . meron din ako napanood sa gbob minsan. . . hehehe  :lol:  yun lang  :lol:

Offline frzrsnatch

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2005, 01:17:19 AM »
unfortunately, people see the gimmick before they listen to the songs.

what a musician looks like or how he dresses absolutely should have nothing to do with themusiche plays and how heis perceived.

perfect examply....TOOL...they stayaway from the spotlight...you don't see any of the band members in their music videos. i've seen them live a few time and they dont have that many lights that focus on them...Maynard even stays in the back instead of in front of the stage.

it's all about the music and not the image...or at leastit should be that way. bands that put music before image gets much props and respect from me.

IF YOUR MUSIC IS POWERFUL...you won't need to worry about how you look.

Offline xjepoyx

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2005, 09:46:30 AM »
Pag band mo ay nag sign up na sa recording label... hawak na nila kung pano ka manamit. kailangan din kasi nila mabenta yung banda mo, u can make suggestions kung ano isusuot pero sa kanila (recording label) pa rin ang final say on how your band will dress up.
good girls go to heaven. bad girls go to my room!  [/i]

Offline MystiqueCritique

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2005, 08:32:33 PM »
Para sa kin, T-bak lang ang da best na uniform.

Offline emil_murillo

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: How Important is a Musician's Attire?
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2005, 08:13:33 AM »
Quote from: eLScorcho

long hair, tattoos, piercings, hats, caps, beard, mustache, goatee, black shirts, those leather things you put on your wrists, che guevara shirts, high-cut leather boots, bracelets, necklaces, rings, jewelry, facial paint, make-up, spiky hair, mohawk, dreadlocks, and many other such affectations...

what use or purpose do they have? are these effects really necessary for a musician? :-s o baka naman pang-porma lang?

how do you think a musician should properly appear for his or her audience?

we encourage you to share your opinions.

Captivate them with your music playing!!!..............

Be as you are!!........................

Wearing your personaly chosen clothes reflects your personality...............

Hindi lang pa-porma.................

Pag sinabi mo kasing pa-porma..................it means plastic -- hindi totoo

Offline year2apocalypse

« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2005, 06:41:28 PM »
i think attire isn't really that important if your music is already good but i also think that looking cool can make a band or artist that more bad ass... um, something like that. for example, hide:

he's already a bad ass guitarist and he also looks cool as f*ck. we should all try to be as cool as him. :D

Offline Santo Muerte

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2005, 01:31:50 PM »
Oo, in my opinion a musician's attire is important. Dapat lang na-iproject ng isang musician ang appropriate image ng magrerepresent sa music o sa banda nila. Example, kung miyembro ka ng isang black metal na banda alangan namang tutugtog ka na naka coat & tie. Siyempre dapat may long hair, bondage gear, spikes at corpse paint.

Offline year2apocalypse

« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2005, 03:34:47 PM »
Quote from: Santo Muerte
Oo, in my opinion a musician's attire is important. Dapat lang na-iproject ng isang musician ang appropriate image ng magrerepresent sa music o sa banda nila. Example, kung miyembro ka ng isang black metal na banda alangan namang tutugtog ka na naka coat & tie. Siyempre dapat may long hair, bondage gear, spikes at corpse paint.

exactly! and i've seen immortal's call of the wintermoon video before... definitely one of the lamest yet coolest things ever, haha. :o

Offline metal_to_boi

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2006, 08:17:56 PM »
nakakatulong ung pananamit mo para maimpress mga tao sayo or band niyo, pero sa totoo lang, panahon ngayon madami tumitingin sa physical o itsura ng mga banda.. hindi na nila nakikita ung galing ng banda.. opinion lang po ah.. :D

Offline nevermindemily

« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2006, 01:23:28 AM »
of course it's important. percpetion is reality. if people perceive you as someone not worth respecting or listening to, di talaga nila gagawin yun. but the main thing is hindi dapat yun lang yung focus. its just an important aspect, pero di siya yung pinaka importante. siyempre even if you look like a zombie pero galing mo naman tumugtog may respeto pa rin sayo.  :D
still insane...

Offline hello_apocalypse

• Veteran Member
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2006, 03:19:57 PM »
Quote from: nevermindemily
percpetion is reality. if people perceive you as someone not worth respecting or listening to, di talaga nila gagawin yun.

wow, i like that. i'm gonna be quoting you from now on whenever this topic comes up in other forums i visit, haha. :D

Offline nevermindemily

« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2006, 09:33:46 PM »
Quote from: hello_apocalypse
Quote from: nevermindemily
percpetion is reality. if people perceive you as someone not worth respecting or listening to, di talaga nila gagawin yun.

wow, i like that. i'm gonna be quoting you from now on whenever this topic comes up in other forums i visit, haha. :D

No problem chief!  :D
still insane...