hulika

Author Topic: the emo genre  (Read 3092 times)

Offline bhalers

• Philmusicus Noobitus
the emo genre
« on: September 10, 2003, 09:11:35 PM »
what is the emo genre all about?

anyone heard of emo rock? meron daw emo-punk, emo-pop? how does that sound?

according to a website, examples of bands that plays emo-rock are dashboard confessional , taking back sunday , rufio and saves the day . included din ang the used .

*medyo parang never heard ah... except the used. magaling sila.
....hey dad look at me, think back and talk to me, did i grow up according to plan....

....'coz we lost it all, nothing lasts forever, i'm sorry i can't be perfect....  perfect simple plan  :mad: ---> huwag mong sabihin makulit ako... ALAM KO NA Y

Offline plasticUNAN

• Philmusicus Noobitus
the emo genre
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2003, 10:01:14 AM »
....emo-tional.  i hate those damn kids. its a bunch of screamin or crying with those depressed FREAKS!!! theyre as badd as candy kids.
i hate everyone. but no, im not anti-social. so blow me, queef sniffer.

Offline bhalers

• Philmusicus Noobitus
the emo genre
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2003, 09:05:47 AM »
onga noh! ma-emo-tional nga yung music nung pnakinggan ko after ko dinownload. yung blue and yellow ng the used parang ang lungkot ng lyrics  pero nice yung song.:D
....hey dad look at me, think back and talk to me, did i grow up according to plan....

....'coz we lost it all, nothing lasts forever, i'm sorry i can't be perfect....  perfect simple plan  :mad: ---> huwag mong sabihin makulit ako... ALAM KO NA Y

Offline Amoch

the emo genre
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2003, 02:27:18 PM »
Emo music is like an offshoot of hardcore punk. Their music is more expressive (pa-emote? he he he) at personal ang mga topics.

Yung iba nga daw eh umiiyak pa habang kumukanta (emotional nga). Hindi sila masyadong trip ng mga Punk purists kase maarte daw sila at pa-seryoso effect. Pero their music is good, in fact, technically mas complex ang mga structures ng songs nila kumpara sa punk at hardcore.

Maraming emo bands na ang may airplay sa local radios natin katulad ng: At the Drive-In, Weezer, Face to Face, The Get up Kids, at Boxcar Racer (side project ng Blink 182).

Offline bhalers

• Philmusicus Noobitus
the emo genre
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2003, 09:04:03 PM »
box car racer! waw i like them! galing sila! onga noh, nde ko naisip na ma-emo type din sila. yung "there is" n yung "i feel so" maganda as in nakakalungkot nga yung song actually. Actually parang ma-nice naman pla emo-rock/punk artists considering box car racer and the used kasama sa genre na yun. blue and yellow!!!! grabe nice!!!

what emo-punk/rock songs you like?

Offline Amoch

the emo genre
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2003, 11:07:59 AM »
Well Boxcar Racer is not pure emo. In fact, some people would contest that. But if you listen to their music more closely mapapansin mo mas heartfelt ang lyrics nila kaysa sa original band nila. 'Di ba mas introspective ang music nila kaysa sa Blink?

Well, I listen to a lot of music. Emo bands na gusto ko ngayun ay yung Student Rick at Thursday. Locally released sila, under Galaxy Records ata.

Punk? well, nth generation na yata ng punk ngayon. Anyway, punk never dies. Nag-iiba iba lang ng styles ang mga banda but the attitude stays the same (I hope). Good picks would include  The Descendents/All (Pop punk), Rancid (Ska punk), at Ramones (eto ang prototype ng mga punk bands).

Offline anti_pop

• Netizen Level
the emo genre
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2003, 06:49:28 PM »
other emo bands: finch, glassjaw
men, ano ba english ng tabo?

once i was in my room, then suddenly, there was a tap on the door. Then i thought "what a weird place to put a tap."

Offline schizzo

the emo genre
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2003, 04:49:45 AM »
dude, THURSDAY! i got hooked to emo dahil sa lyrics ng Understanding in the Car Crash, Standing At the Edge of Summer, etc.. There's an obvious difference talaga compared to punk. Walang kwenta na kasi yung ibang punk ngayon eh.. puro riff-offs na lang.. good thing anjan dashboard confessionals, ataris, glassjaw, saves the day, taking back sunday, atbp. nagkaroon tuloy ako ng karamay sa mga oras ng kalungkutan ko.. whehe..

:D
here i am expecting just a little bit
too much from the wounded.
but i see through it all and see you. so i threw you the obvious to see what occurs behind the eyes of a fallen angel, eyes of a tragedy. oh well. apparently nothing. you don't see m

Offline Amoch

the emo genre
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2003, 09:17:09 AM »
True, maraming punk bands jan ang run-of-the mill. Emo bands have more substance. Thursday definitely represents this genre. But you have to remember na ang Punk is about being simple, and direct to the point. It's all about doing it yourself and having fun. So it's understood na magka-iba sila ng tema. Siguro pwede nating sabihin na ang emo ay parang punk na nag-mature (if there is such a thing).