hulika

Author Topic: NEWBIE CORNER  (Read 1171688 times)

Offline dizzymark

Re: NEWBIE CORNER
« Reply #200 on: July 02, 2007, 08:04:48 PM »
Has anyone tried the Monteallums' DS1 Tri-Gain Rectifier mod?  :-D feedback naman coz im planning to order the kit
People I've dealt with/references: phoenix_rising, fraudulentzodiac, BossingBoss, deltaslim, bluescon, nicosci, kenzu, dubista, kelvinator, spankyrigor, mahavishnu, youarehere, pao2pao, pochbelmonte, mandoytz, JoeF, kdc123, PedallionPH, musicjunkie

Offline dizzymark

« Reply #201 on: July 04, 2007, 05:52:36 AM »
Has anyone tried the Monteallums' DS1 Tri-Gain Rectifier mod?  :-D feedback naman coz im planning to order the kit

Yup i had one when i was in the states 2 months ago, but my friend wanted it so i gave the modded DS-1 to him. The pedal became responsive, the harshness was gone, it became a little thicker sounding, clarity is finally present, and it became brighter sounding. So if you are using a bright sounding amp, you might need to really lower the tone. The pedal became very versatile in terms of sound. This pedal works best with those rock sounds. This mod won't give you those chug chug sound if that's what you're looking for. I ended up taking the MT-2 home, which is more suited for my playing, more of a medium chuggy person. :lol:

Just check the website for sound clips. They somewhat sound exactly like that, especially with the right tweaking. www.monteallums.com

Oh, monteallums also has those recomended settings page, it's also a good place to start.

Ok thanks  :-D hmmm.. it looks like im buying the mt2 instead hehe
People I've dealt with/references: phoenix_rising, fraudulentzodiac, BossingBoss, deltaslim, bluescon, nicosci, kenzu, dubista, kelvinator, spankyrigor, mahavishnu, youarehere, pao2pao, pochbelmonte, mandoytz, JoeF, kdc123, PedallionPH, musicjunkie

Offline humbucker

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #202 on: July 06, 2007, 06:56:21 PM »
Anong multi-effects ang may magandang delay for solos? budget: 5k

Offline .bong.

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #203 on: July 06, 2007, 08:03:15 PM »
Anong multi-effects ang may magandang delay for solos? budget: 5k
Zoom G2  :-)
.bong.

Offline FullofEbak

« Reply #204 on: July 06, 2007, 09:59:59 PM »
hello. pasingit lang po ng tanong.

i recently got an ibanez grg270 gio, and it has 5 pickups, and they all get in the way of my picking. i'm used to playing acoustic or classical guitars so i'm adjusting to having to pick with pickups.

the guitar has barely any space inbetween the pickups so the pick always hits them.

i'm thinking should i just adjust and change my picking? or should i remove the middle pickup? does anyone have similar probs with guitars such as this.

thanks.

Offline ARIS

« Reply #205 on: July 06, 2007, 10:05:00 PM »
WHICH IS BETTER RP SERIES OR ZOOM MULTI FX? PLANNING TO BUY A RP SERIES JUST TO HAVE THAT WHAMMY SOUND, IS IT ADVICEABLE? PLS ENLIGHTEN ME.

Offline cool_blues

« Reply #206 on: July 07, 2007, 08:36:48 AM »
saan pede makabili ng stainless screws para sa pickguard (RG model).....OO, alam ko sa hardware stores meron pero saan and what name nung hardware stores na un?... :-D  thanks
(",)

Offline trewzd

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #207 on: July 07, 2007, 08:44:11 AM »
saan pede makabili ng stainless screws para sa pickguard (RG model).....OO, alam ko sa hardware stores meron pero saan and what name nung hardware stores na un?... :-D  thanks
meron rin ata dito na nag bebenta nun dko lang alam kung sino

Offline cool_blues

« Reply #208 on: July 07, 2007, 09:05:25 AM »
meron rin ata dito na nag bebenta nun dko lang alam kung sino

:-D
(",)

Offline r0nd0gg

« Reply #209 on: July 07, 2007, 10:22:12 AM »
mga chong... problema ko rin yang screws poara sa pick Guard....pawisin kasi yung kamay ko... kaya naghahanapo din ako ng screws para sa Fender strat. saka floating bridge, or yung spring ng floating bridge.. kawawa naman yung guitara ko pinasakan ko na lang ng kahoy sa loob kasi nga loose na yung sping.. hehehehe

Offline cool_blues

« Reply #210 on: July 07, 2007, 12:49:04 PM »
mga chong... problema ko rin yang screws poara sa pick Guard....pawisin kasi yung kamay ko... kaya naghahanapo din ako ng screws para sa Fender strat. saka floating bridge, or yung spring ng floating bridge.. kawawa naman yung guitara ko pinasakan ko na lang ng kahoy sa loob kasi nga loose na yung sping.. hehehehe

HHEELLLPPPP!!!!....... :-D
(",)

Offline ubersam

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #211 on: July 07, 2007, 03:09:46 PM »
some tubes will bias cold and some will bias medium, some hot. I just ask for the ones that will bias hot.

I don't get this about tubes...you mean to say there are tubes that will bias cold, medium or hot? Or it has something to do with the amp???  Got confused here.
  • Well, we already know that the tolerances of power tubes vary widely, even with tubes from the same batch. Given the same plate voltage and screen grid current, one tube can pass a larger cathode current than the next. This means that one tube is biasing hotter than the next.
  • Then, let us look at guitar tube amplifiers. The most common examples can be divided into two groups: adjustable bias and fixed bias. For amps with adjustable bias, there is commonly only one bias adjust potentiometer/trimmer to adjust the bias for all power tubes, i.e. you cannot bias the tubes individually. Fixed bias, well, as the term suggest: the bias is fixed at a certain point, you cannot adjust the bias at all.

O.K., so, for the reasons stated above, tube suppliers like Groove Tubes, etc., 'match' each sets of tubes. This means that, say, in a set of 4 power tubes, all four power tubes will bias closely with each other. Meaning, if you adjust the bias and measure the cathode current of one tube at 35mA, you can rest assured that all four tubes in your matched set will measure a cathode current of 35mA (or relatively close within tolerance). Now, let us say that you replaced one tube out of the matched set with another tube that is not matched with your set, the unknown tube could bias at 25mA (colder) or at 45mA (hotter) and not at the 35mA that the other tubes are biased at.

So now we know why we have to 'match' a set of tubes. Let us look at fixed bias amps. If we took a matched set of four power tubes, we know that all four tubes will bias the same. But, what is it biasing at? This is the reason why tube companies like Groove Tubes (again), Mesa Boogie, etc., grade their tubes in addition to matching them. GT for example, has 10 grades, subdivided into three: Blue (hot), White (medium), and Red (cold). This means that each set of tubes will bias the same in a fixed bias amp, but a Blue set of tubes will bias hotter than a Red set of tubes.

If your amp has adjustable bias, you don't really need to worry about whether a set of tubes will bias hot, medium or cold. Regardless of which matched set you get, you can adjust the bias to your preference anyway. This is more for fixed bias amp owners to consider. Like me, my amp has fixed bias, so when it comes replacement time I'd just ask for a matched set that bias hot.

Offline .bong.

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #212 on: July 08, 2007, 01:32:14 PM »
hello. pasingit lang po ng tanong.

i recently got an ibanez grg270 gio, and it has 5 pickups, and they all get in the way of my picking. i'm used to playing acoustic or classical guitars so i'm adjusting to having to pick with pickups.

the guitar has barely any space inbetween the pickups so the pick always hits them.

i'm thinking should i just adjust and change my picking? or should i remove the middle pickup? does anyone have similar probs with guitars such as this.

thanks.
Try mo sir, ibaba yung pickup para hindi tumama yung pick nyo.. tulad nung sa pic, yun nga lang may effect sa tone pag mababa yung pickup.. :-)

.bong.

Offline FullofEbak

« Reply #213 on: July 09, 2007, 11:23:48 AM »
thanks phoenixrising and bong. oo nga noh, pwede pala ibaba. un pala 2 humbuckers and 1 singlecoil pala, hindi 5 pickups hehehe.  :lol:

Offline trewzd

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #214 on: July 09, 2007, 07:47:09 PM »
may kasama po ba usb cable sa zoom G7?? :? :?

Offline redjaztin

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #215 on: July 10, 2007, 08:59:22 AM »
may gumagamit po ba ng Korg AX1500G dito? yung bili ko ppo kasing ganito walang ilaw LCD lens pag bukas...ganun po ba talaga yun? or may kailangan pa akong pindutin para umilaw yun...

thanks!

Offline r0nd0gg

« Reply #216 on: July 12, 2007, 02:03:16 PM »
up ko lang yung tanong ko... hehehe

Offline cool_blues

« Reply #217 on: July 12, 2007, 04:32:35 PM »
up ko lang yung tanong ko... hehehe

up ko din!! :-D
(",)

Offline numeroh_unoh

• Netizen Level
« Reply #218 on: July 14, 2007, 11:27:20 PM »
here's my question: yung GENESIS SERIES ba na guitar eh brand yun, or may brand na gumawa nun? if so, saan din kaya gawa? thanks!  :-D
Products: UNOH CUSTOM PSU, PEDALBOARD & FLIGHT CASE, PATCH & GUITAR CABLES
Services: Pedal Repair / Guitar electronics & setup
Mobile # for boards and psu: 0915 6178131 Mobile # for Pedal/Guitar repair: 0915 5414197

Offline cowboi_way

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #219 on: July 15, 2007, 12:44:21 AM »
bakit na in-love ako sa LP? :lol:
fender standard strat (standard lang)squire by fender strat cali (crap)fender fm 25dsp (crappy)marshall ms-2r (great sounding amp, cool od)yamaha fx370c (ok na rin)kahon - maestro ( nakita sa mag used by escueta)line 6 - floor pod ( yeah  ! )
fender-dc60

Offline jv21

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #220 on: July 17, 2007, 09:17:09 AM »
guyz patulong naman.. safe ba makipag-deal sa e-bay? and pano lalo na if wala me avialable na credit card? tnx.
"epal ikaw ,Epal ako,Epal siya,Epal Sila,Epal tayong lahat hehehehe" quote from  JUAN SINKO (founder, Sinkoism)

Offline vhunter

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #221 on: July 17, 2007, 09:52:25 AM »
Ebay is not the safest place. Just make sure you know your seller and what your buying.... And you would need to find a seller willing to accept bank transfers (bank transfer fee is between 17-34 dollars). I think getting a credit card should be the first thing to do if you wanna deal online. :D

Offline bluenote

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #222 on: July 17, 2007, 09:55:58 AM »
Bro Id advice against it... mahirap na maraming lokohan jan sa ebay... baka mamaya picture lang ang dumating sayo at hindi guitara...

If you cant physicaly checkout the guitar wag nalang...

The dragon has put out my fire.

Offline jpadua

« Reply #223 on: July 17, 2007, 10:17:16 AM »
guyz patulong naman.. safe ba makipag-deal sa e-bay? and pano lalo na if wala me avialable na credit card? tnx.

If you plan to buy an expensive item, better kung sa amazon through merchants.  I bought 2 guitars already sa musicians friend through amazon.  Musicians friend does not accept philippine credit cards, but amazon does.  Have them sent to a friend or relative in the states na makakauwi sa pinas.

Bro, ok naman ang EBAY, I bought a lot stuff na on ebay pero small things lang.  NEVER do bank transfer!  thats actually illegal on ebay. Alot of people have been duped by bank transfer, your giving them the money and its possible for them not to send the item, Ebay can't go after them.  The only way to do ebay is through paypal, since everything is tracked. 

Make sure to contact the seller first.  Look at their ratings, read feedback. dapat at least power seller sila para sure ka na reputable sila. Never buy from people na konti lang ang rating.

Bro kelangan talaga creditcard + Paypal pag bibili ka sa ebay. thats the safest way.  Kasi paypal can charge back your purchase if you dont get it, and paypal will report to ebay and ebay will go after the seller.

you can open a paypal account na... philippines is included na in the list but only for purchases.

Word of advice.... BANK TRANSFER Absolute no no! :) just my 2 cents.

What do you plan to get on ebay? send me the link, I'll see kung safe yung seller.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2007, 10:20:29 AM by jpadua »
Epi SG ltd. | Epi Firbird Studio ltd. | Epi Les Paul Jr. | Fender Strat Plus | Avalon Silver series 200 Acoustic  | My Band http://www.myspace.com/thisisovertone | http://www.soundclick.com/jaypadua

Offline jpadua

« Reply #224 on: July 17, 2007, 10:22:58 AM »
Ebay is not the safest place. Just make sure you know your seller and what your buying.... And you would need to find a seller willing to accept bank transfers (bank transfer fee is between 17-34 dollars). I think getting a credit card should be the first thing to do if you wanna deal online. :D

Yo! wassup bro!, yup I definately agree with vhunter... credit card is what you need to order online. ask your dad baka he can use his credit card?  but I advise againts bank transfer... not unless kilala mo and trusted talaga yung seller.
Epi SG ltd. | Epi Firbird Studio ltd. | Epi Les Paul Jr. | Fender Strat Plus | Avalon Silver series 200 Acoustic  | My Band http://www.myspace.com/thisisovertone | http://www.soundclick.com/jaypadua